• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of people saying that this new powers makes Luffy's fights lose their essence because he was someone struggling with a "bad" fruit and such. I wonder how much these people like mediocrity over innovation, how they don't get sick of fights boiled down to "bruh take my super black punch in your face" for 600+ chapters? Thank God Luffy changed his fighting style a little.

I've seen a lot of people saying that this new powers makes Luffy's fights lose their essence because he was someone struggling with a "bad" fruit and such. I wonder how much these people like mediocrity over innovation, how they don't get sick of fights boiled down to "bruh take my super black punch in your face" for 600+ chapters? Thank God Luffy changed his fighting style a little.
Agreed. I like genuinely creative storytelling over strictly sticking to plain repetitive power creep.

Its the 1st time that Luffy looks creepy to me with his new form... the fact that he beats td out of Kaido and laughs is so badass and creepy at the same time i cant wait FOR THE CHAPTER!! And also the fact that he can fight as he wants and that Gomu Gomu turned from a Useless DF (without training) into the most RIDICULOUS POWERFUL DF! Oda always surprising us and i love that

DAAAAAAAMN!!!! My boy Luffy yanked Kaido up like a man yanking an eel out of it's hole!!!

Also, hell yeah!! I knew he could manipulate his body proportions at will now!

My boy Luffy is having the time of his life bro! He's truly the freest man alive! The inheriter of the rubber hose style!!!

Last edited:
The Hiyori part is still the best part for me as of now tbh. We needed this character moment.

Still kinda iffy on the whole luffy situation ngl

From my perspective it means not being nearly as heavily conditioned, indoctrinated, mechanised, mentally confined, and corrupted by one's upbringing, traumas, and environment, as well as external judgements, distortions, lies, and condemnations by other people.

To be able to genuinely make one's own personal decisions by moving from being affected to being an affector, not be stuck in one's own delusions, and observe everything truthfully and objectively as it really is, and to live and not merely survive, and as such achieve something much closer to genuine freedom.

(Osho went into far greater details regarding such issues for those who are interested.)

Last edited:
Imma be real with you, read the raws, I feel like the spoilers overhyped the chapter quite a bit, don’t get me wrong it’s still a great chapter but for gear 5 to be a thing it’s seems kinda underwhelming. Might just be me but that’s that.

Imma be real with you, read the raws, I feel like the spoilers overhyped the chapter quite a bit, don’t get me wrong it’s still a great chapter but for gear 5 to be a thing it’s seems kinda underwhelming. Might just be me but that’s that.
I dont think its underwhelming from the fact that he turned the ground into rubber and repeled the boro breath attack back to Kaido + His Fruit is stated to be the most powerful in the world. Ma man even got Possibly Toon Force lmfao

I dont think its underwhelming from the fact that he turned the ground into rubber and repeled the boro breath attack back to Kaido + His Fruit is stated to be the most powerful in the world. Ma man even got Possibly Toon Force lmfao
I mean underwhelming in the presentation of it. The spoiler layout was amazing but I feel like the way the chapter is set up is meh. The rubber bounce back is cool and the symbolism, the toon force is more so just a gag moment in the chapter.

As dumb as this sounds, I want Kaido to “partner” with the straw hats. A mutual/neutral relationship so to speak.

On the other hand, I do want Yamato and Marco to join the Straw Hats and Law and Kidd to remain allies with them.

Carrot isn't strong enough, and if Marco wants retribution against Blackbeard and the World Government he realistically has nowhere else to turn to.

On the other hand, I do want Yamato and Marco to join the Straw Hats and Law and Kidd to remain allies with them.
I mean first we gotta get carrot on board.
Carrot, Yamato, and Momonosuke would be the ideal trio join. Carrots gotta join, Yamato wants to explore(Oden 2.0), and Momonosuke might stay in wano ;(

By the way, was it ever revealed who Yamato's mother is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back