• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
We live in a society
bce81cb975e33109607956b71d729608.png

That mean how in the f*** that Shanks got Gomu Gomu no Mi/Nika Nika no Mi in first place
Lucky Roo stole it from Who's Who

The Resin fruit theory never made much sense to me.
I honestly originally didn't like any theory that works on "the Gomu Gomu no Mi isn't what it is" because it feels way too Naruto for me even though the whole point of One Piece is freedom. But I liked the Resin Fruit theory the most out of all them because if you wanted to get technical, rubber comes from latex, which is the resin of the rubber tree. I'm still a little unconvinced at this point, but I can only put my trust in Oda

I'm not gonna lie, the longer I look at the new form the more I love it. Typical Oda not going for "Badass Glowy shonen protag" and making it goofy.
But if his fruit's a ZOAN, this is technically the first time he transformed in it, isn't it? G4 shouldn't count because of it being just his rubber nature+armament
How much more forms does it have-

I honestly originally didn't like any theory that works on "the Gomu Gomu no Mi isn't what it is" because it feels way too Naruto for me even though the whole point of One Piece is freedom. But I liked the Resin Fruit theory the most out of all them because if you wanted to get technical, rubber comes from latex, which is the resin of the rubber tree. I'm still a little unconvinced at this point, but I can only put my trust in Oda
How is it in any way, shape or form "too Naruto"?

too Naruto for me even though the whole point of One Piece is freedom
???? Luffy still retains his consciousness and free will. The fruit doesn't control him even when he's awakened, unlike other awakened Zoans. If anything that ADDS to Luffy's freedom because of his extraordinary will power.
The only "too Naruto" thing about it was people worrying Luffy is Nika's reincarnation or something, but that's obviously not the case here anymore. I was on the same boat as you last week, but honestly this makes me relieved.

reading that last bullet point, is it translated correctly? Luffy grabs the ground and transforms it into rubber to return a Bolo Breath to Kaidou.

I just realized- if Luffy's a Zoan, he's the only Zoan that has the Awakening equal to a PARAMECIA in terms of matter manip-
Jesus christ. Kaido might've been a regular fish and became dragon, just like Luffy was "mere rubber" then became Nika. This opens so much doors for our rubber boy

I just realized- if Luffy's a Zoan, he's the only Zoan that has the Awakening equal to a PARAMECIA in terms of matter manip-
Jesus christ. Kaido might've been a regular fish and became dragon, just like Luffy was "mere rubber" then became Nika. This opens so much doors for our rubber boy
Holy f*** you're right, shit going wild after this

The possibilities are endless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back