• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, Luffy got giga stonks in this arc, he upgraded by learning how to use Advanced Armament, he upgraded again by learning Advanced Conquerors in battle, got a mini upgraded by being able to swap between the gears and their different forms at will and without prep seemingly, and now he awakened!

Luffy out here surpassing his limits like he's a Black Clover/Dragon Ball character!
He is definitely going to need it if he is going up against all the many devil fruits of the Blackbeard Pirates and the entire World Government.

Definitely, man those battles are gonna be crazy!
Yup. Neither Blackbeard or Akainu are likely quite as powerful as Kaido, but they both have much better backup.
Also, redon is implying that Luffy's got some toon force powers going on right now.
That would make good thematic sense. Classic toon force users such as Bugs Bunny and Popeye are great expressions of freedom, fun, and irreverence in the face of danger and oppression.

Last edited:
I can't see that. Sorry. I have disabled my Twitter access.
Incase you wanted to know,
luffy looks bulky and muscular, grabs kaido by the neck and punches him, in the next panel we have a close up of white haired curly hair luffy smiling, and in the last panel kaido has a gaggy bump on his head and stars are twirling above him signifying a funny "ko" beating.

Ha! That is perfect.

See my comment above regarding toon force.
The only negative about this that i think is a decent point is the entire tense build up all the way from chapter 1000(rooftop 5v2) turned into a funny scenario. which dont get me wrong, this gag type fight perfectly fits luffys character.

yeah the toon force/freedom thing is great, luffy becoming a gaggy character just to beat the bad guy up is great.

Also kinda off topic but not really(cuz it has to do with op), how do you paste photos in the text cuz the only way i know how are through links.

we're talking about popeye bluto, right? lol
This gigachad
Kaido looks kind of like a much scarier version of Bluto as well.
aae.jpg
images

Meh Blackbeard give me more of those vibes. Why isn't anybody talking about Franky here?

I really need someone to make fanart of Gear 5th Luffy, Baryon or SOSP Naruto, and Bankai + Horn of Salvation Ichigo posing together asap!

The fact that Sun God Nika was an entity that brought happiness and freed people in suffering goes so well with the toony power that Luffy has gained and his goal of freeing the Wano people from suffering. it's almost poetic.
Yes, it is definitely poetic. Remember how the silly movie cartoons really helped to cheer up the people at large during the great depression and WWII.

bluto used toon force to reincarnate as BB in one piece, and popeye did the same with franky.
I'm willing to bet the strongest Devil Fruit looks like spinach
Yeah. The freedom-loving sailor theme makes even more sense now. Luffy is a deliberate spiritual successor to Popeye, and now has Toon Force added to his arsenal!
Luffy's Gomu Gomu No Rifle was inspired by Popeye's Twister Punch afterall.

Speaking "gomu gomu no", any of you think Luffy's gonna change his attack name? It's suprising how much knowledge he has on weapon. Come to think of it, one of his attack names is UFO(Ah remember when pirate warriors 2 was still new, good times. That attack was shown in that game before it was in the anime.), would this mean aliens are common knowledge to civillians in OP?

Yes, it is incredibly fitting for everything that Luffy represents, especially after Kaido's chilling speech of enslaving everybody and systematically working them to death to build weapons for him in the previous chapter.

You need to post the images at Imgur and then link to them here. We do not want to get sued and shut down, so we have not enabled direct image-uploading in this forum.

No problem, and I am not your boss. I am not nearly pretentious enough to think of my work here in that manner. I do lots and lots of maintenance work. That's it.

Yup. Neither Blackbeard or Akainu are likely quite as powerful as Kaido, but they both have much better backup.

That would make good thematic sense. Classic toon force users such as Bugs Bunny and Popeye are great expressions of freedom, fun, and irreverence in the face of danger and oppression.
Reminds me of the Long Ring Long Land arc, where animals are all stretched out or bigger than they should because "they live freely without limitations." I'm starting to think Luffy's fruit might genuinely involve the very concept of "freedom" as an ability.

Wouldn't be the first one- Tsuru's fruit uses the concept of "washing" to cleanse the evil in people. It'd be fun to see another one with "freedom" as a motif.

Curious to see how Oda will handle powercreep with this new adition, the next few chapters are going to be key.
Luffy can probably only use toon force in very extreme situations, and will have to make do with Gear 4 against others. Also, Blackbeard can negate his devil fruit powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back