• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a good chapter. I am looking forward to it.

The state of One Piece Community right now:

community-chaos.gif

The Pizza Guy: A clueless/newbie fans
The rest: Spoiler and hype

So Gears are actually just rumble transformations? Lmfao.

So Luffy ate a human fruit model Nika (a sun god). Does that mean Nika is a stretchy ************?

Why does it resist electricity, stretch, bounce? So many questions!
Recall how every mythical zoan has a "special attribute"?
Buddha has shockwaves. Dragon has elemental control. Phoenix has regen.
Nika's special attribute could be rubber.

Also, this is the first Mythological Zoan Fruit that aren't based on any real myths/legends
"Nika" is another name for Nike, goddess of Victory. Coincidentally enough, Nika's sillhouette and one of Nike's portraits share the "Kneeling run" pose.
It might be loosely based off of that, or not. All I speculate is that Nika, just like Buddha, Dragons and Phoenixes, was a mythological creature within the OP-world during the age of heaven. Or at least by its name that's when all things that are considered "supernatural"/heavenly were around.

INB4 Literally the only, and I mean the ONLY REASON Vegapunk called his dragon fruit a "failure" is because it didn't have the fish form before the dragon one. That'd be hilarious yet somehow so on brand
So far the only smile devil fruit that doesn't have the user stuck in a wierd hybrid form with the human & animal parts sometimes arguing with each other. Law was right to mock Ceaser.

"Nika" is another name for Nike, goddess of Victory. Coincidentally enough, Nika's sillhouette and one of Nike's portraits share the "Kneeling run" pose.
It might be loosely based off of that, or not. All I speculate is that Nika, just like Buddha, Dragons and Phoenixes, was a mythological creature within the OP-world during the age of heaven. Or at least by its name that's when all things that are considered "supernatural"/heavenly were around.
Oh shit, you're prolly right as i checked it immediately
Inb4 all of the awakening between Nika, Phoenix, Dragon, and Buddha are the key to awaken Uranus

"Zoans having a consciousness" statement was pretty much hinted at since the beginning- with that dog-cannon and then elephant-sword. The reason objects only get ZOANS is because the Zoans then become fully sentient outside their fruit.
Oda's large brain at work again

Oh and you know what is more interesting? Considering that Nika is the sun god.....Luffy Red Hawk emitting a flames and exploded in contact, Gear 2nd unleash a steams from Luffy body, Gear 4th had a flames motif-Bushosoku in Luffy body

If this is not a foreshadow then i dunno what it is, Oda brain is too unpredictable lmfao

Mythical Zoan are Special that's why they called it Rares Devil Fruits , more than Logia but so Far how much Logia User's compare to Mythical Zoan User's?
Mythical Zoan have unique ability Like Weather manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Shockwave, Regen, Shapeshifting and now Possibly Matter Manipulation or Transmuation?

This would explain why Luffy's Physical body and stamina was insane like Zoan did.

G5/Nika Form Luffy when his entire body shredded into a pile of blood: Dis but a stratch
He's so far the only Mythical Zoan with a body that's a "substance", just like Marco is fire. I would NOT be shocked of Nika Luffy gets insane regen because of his body just reforming from liquid rubber or anything like that on top of his already godly stamina.

Weirdly enough- it says Luffy feels "full" when awakened, where other awakened users actually get drained. This could genuinely be Luffy's best form by far. No health drain like G2 used to. No Haki drain like G4.

I would NOT be shocked of Nika Luffy gets insane regen because of his body just reforming from liquid rubber or anything like that on top of his already godly stamina.
Hasn't he already regenerated from impalment?

The Gorousei says that the "Gomu Gomu no Mi" is actually a Zoan-type fruit, and that its real name is "Hito Hito no Mi" (Human Human Fruit) Mythological-Model "Nika".”

It seems we have been bamboozled bois.

Jesus, Luffy got giga stonks in this arc, he upgraded by learning how to use Advanced Armament, he upgraded again by learning Advanced Conquerors in battle, got a mini upgrade by being able to swap between the gears and their different forms at will and without prep seemingly, and now he awakened!

Luffy out here surpassing his limits like he's a Black Clover/Dragon Ball character!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back