• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1041: "Komurasaki" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't erasers made of rubber? Oda is so crazy that an existential erasure on the part of awakening might even make sense as well.
If Oda goes there--
tumblr_inline_ojhcmjAjiN1sxzj2x_400.png

It doesn't look like this is a "capture" situation either. They're trying to eliminate Luffy for that fruit.

^^^^ Agreed. What I think his awakening will be is more or less what the world gvt considers beneficial. Maybe his awakening can turn entire islands to rubber- or even the grandline, to prevent its destruction by the gura gura if it fell in the wrong hands.
Or the rubberiness of his body (since he IS rubber and doesn't produce it) becomes basically infinite to counter the infinite gravity of BB's blackholes-

I think that it is more likely that the rubber fruit can simply potentially further multiply somebody's innate raw power without it to beyond Yonko levels, or at least in Luffy's case, given that even his base level is so high now.

I think that it is more likely that the rubber fruit can simply potentially further multiply somebody's innate raw power without it to beyond Yonko levels, or at least in Luffy's case, given that even his base level is so high now.
But there already exists a fruit that does that. Non-canon, but still, the Moa Moa can multiply the size, speed, etc-

Somewhat, yes, but Luffy has been established to be able to multiply his base power at will, and he is already at least on par with the strongest of the Yonko. If he awakens on top of that, and say, doubles the power he already has, that would be extremely hard for the marines to deal with.

True. We gotta wait and see how Kaido answers to Snakeman as well. Luffy's last main fights were against awakened opponents (Doffy and Katakuri), so it'd be surprising if Kaido doesn't have awakening stored.

Personally I like the theory that Luffy's Devil Fruit isn't really a Paramecia but is actually a Mythical Zoan which grants elasticity as part of its basic abilities. This reddit post goes into detail on it, though I don't necessarily believe everything about what is there.
An interesting thing to add to that theory is in Ohara's video- the fact that in Vegapunk's lab we see a sketch of what'd happen if you merged what looks like Luffy's fruit (same design, same shape) with a rocket. And-- monke
Screenshot_16.jpg

It could be a different fruit, but still- it looks too similiar to Luffy's to not be considered.

I dont remeber this Chapter
Anime only.
The idea is mostly that the fruit is NOT rubber, but like Sugar's ability to have 3 powers in 1, Luffy's fruit having rubber abilities is just one of its passive abilities and there's at least 2 others left to explore. Could explain RED HAWK and the Thor attacks generating fire/electricity.

This is also non-canon right? BTW rubber, being an insulator can get charged and if it is sufficiently charged, should theoretically be able to cause arcing (i.e. lightning)
He used Thor Elephant Gun against Chinjao. In the anime only he did so against Katakuri as well.

An interesting thing to add to that theory is in Ohara's video- the fact that in Vegapunk's lab we see a sketch of what'd happen if you merged what looks like Luffy's fruit (same design, same shape) with a rocket. And-- monke
Screenshot_16.jpg

It could be a different fruit, but still- it looks too similiar to Luffy's to not be considered.
Seems like a reference to Luffy's moves. Monkey being Luffy (obvious reference to his name, and consistent connection to monke), rocket being.... rocket.

Probably means the one where luffy is silhouetted
Ah. I was hoping we wouldn't see the full form of G4 this chapter but the next with a different look. But now I'm kinda siding with the idea of Luffy forcing Gear Fourth beyond its limits, or just himself in general and end up awakening. Cypherpol gets up there just in time to see it.

So what do you think the scaling is going to be now? I've been wondering about it ever since characters like Luffy, Zoro, Kid and Law were able to hurt Kaido and Big Mom, though I'm specifically focused on Zoro and Luffy. For instance, would Luffy be upgraded to 6-B with Conqueror's Haki, since that seemed to be the only time where Luffy managed to slightly hurt Kaido. Or maybe specifically with this chapter, with combining Conqueror's Haki with Gear 4, Snakeman to overwhelm Kaido. I thought that was a really awesome moment and also one I'd been expecting.

So what do you think the scaling is going to be now? I've been wondering about it ever since characters like Luffy, Zoro, Kid and Law were able to hurt Kaido and Big Mom, though I'm specifically focused on Zoro and Luffy. For instance, would Luffy be upgraded to 6-B with Conqueror's Haki, since that seemed to be the only time where Luffy managed to slightly hurt Kaido. Or maybe specifically with this chapter, with combining Conqueror's Haki with Gear 4, Snakeman to overwhelm Kaido. I thought that was a really awesome moment and also one I'd been expecting.
Luffy is 6-B with Ryou for damaging base Kaido, higher with Conquerors.
Zoro is 6-B by defeating King, tanking a combined Yonkou attack, and higher with Asura for scsring Hybrid Kaido.
Law is 6-B with awakening. Can bypass conventional durability with K•Room
Kidd.... LMFAO

Zoro is 6-B by defeating King, tanking a combined Yonkou attack, and higher with Asura for scsring Hybrid Kaido.
Kidd.... LMFAO
Btw, this is my opinion on the matter as of now, not our actual scaling on the matter.

Kidd.... LMFAO
No, I think it mostly makes sense. Though to be honest, I'm not sure whether or not this will diminish the future fights the Straw Hats will have with the remaining emperors like Shanks or Blackbeard, since it was stated by the Five Elders that the only ones who were strong enough to defeat Blackbeard were Kaido and Big Mom, so it might be much easier for Luffy and Zoro now that they've begun utilizing this advanced Conqueror's Haki and overpowered Kaido, the strongest creature on the planet.

However, there's something I'd like to ask: is Kaido weaker than usual when fighting the Straw Hats, because he's also forced to fight while keeping the island afloat with his powers.

I think that Kaido is likely at full power, and that his dragon clouds are not connected to his physical statistics.

Also, Luffy should definitely scale to 6-B after fully awakening his conqueror's haki in my view.

However, there's something I'd like to ask: is Kaido weaker than usual when fighting the Straw Hats, because he's also forced to fight while keeping the island afloat with his powers.
That is a great question. There is one indication that weakening Kaido causes the Island to lose control around Chapter 1010~, ig.
But nothing indicates the other way around, so I'll have to guess he is not weaker by that, no.

do you guys think the g4 multiplier will be added onto the 62 TT they scale to?

Just wondering, since kaidos durability is way above his AP from what it seems, but it seems hella weird atm.

do you guys think the g4 multiplier will be added onto the 62 TT they scale to?

Let's just wait and see how the rest of the fight plays out.

But thinking about it a bit, I don't think it would really work.

It's not a matter of:

(Luffy's Gear 2 + Conqueror's Haki) * G4 multiplier for compression = Current G4 Snakeman AP.

But rather:

(Luffy's Gear 2 * Gear 4 multiplier for compression) + Conqueror's Haki = Current G4 Snakeman AP

At least as far as I see it.

Let's just wait and see how the rest of the fight plays out.

But thinking about it a bit, I don't think it would really work.

It's not a matter of:

(Luffy's Gear 2 + Conqueror's Haki) * G4 multiplier for compression = Current G4 Snakeman AP.

But rather:

(Luffy's Gear 2 * Gear 4 multiplier for compression) + Conqueror's Haki = Current G4 Snakeman AP

At least as far as I see it.
Luffy physically tanking 62 TT hits is very iffy on this notion. His AP surely is 62 TTs through Ryou and Conquerors, and them alone, but his durability is the debatable part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back