• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1026: "The Pivotal Clash" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Also, glad to see that Yonko-level Luffy will be here to stay, and Jack better not come out of this without a severe beating.

Bro his Haoshoku was destroying Whitebeard's ship without even trying, I think that's a given.
Nah I know and agree with that, but it being the infusion just wasn't confirmed (since he was the only one to ever do that).

But we know it now, so he has it

Nah I know and agree with that, but it being the infusion just wasn't confirmed (since he was the only one to ever do that).

But we know it now, so he has it
I thought Oda Draw Shanks on lastest SBS header Page using Hao Infusion on his Sword.

So, header is Fandrawing? Thanks for the information.

Yeah Oda confirmed it after volume 50 and above
Screen_Shot_2021-09-21_at_10.28.49_PM.png

A lot of people have hurt other characters they are inferior to. BoS Nami did so to the other Straw-Hats (in serious scenes, mind you), yet she would be easily overpowered by fodder pirates while Luffy and Zoro would wipe them with 0 effort.

I would say Momo has become stronger due to maturing his dragon form, but to suggest he is anywhere near the 3 characters on the rooftop would be laughable.

I WAS about to suggest the Tobi-Roppo to be far stronger than current Momo, but given how powerful the potential amp from his DF may be, I would not be shocked if they had problems trying to actually overpower him.

Interm of combat skill and Stamina maybe I would agree, but even Scarbad not easily Hurting Kaido they need Ryou and Momo is still questionable maybe just Zoro and Momo could hurt Kaido without any Dura neg.

Hurting/piercing Kaido has happened so much that it's kinda mehh now

It was also by a literal clone of his dragon form. As of now Momo is not doing that any other way

Still doesn't make sense that Momo's Dragon form can hurt Kaido's Dragon form Hakiless....unless Kaido cannot coat his Dragon form in Haki.

E_88sNFXIAICcuk

Thank goodness the powerscaling wasn't as broken as I thought.
Momo did give Kaido pain, but his fangs couldn't wound Kaido or draw blood.

Better than Kid Slam?
Kid Slam deals blunt damage, meaning it would be normal if there isn't evident blood from the point of contact, while spitting blood would mean it was even more effective.

Momo's damage was supposed to be piercing damage though, and it clearly failed at damaging kaido.

No blood yet, next week would, maybe. There a lot of potential he surpasses Kid, at least he made Kaido screaming in his first attack. I'm Sure 99% he could Copy Kaido move soon.

Loved this chapter, but I'm gonna be honest now with the whole "power-scaling". If Perospero can manage to overpower a (wounded) Base Nekomamushi and took hits from him, wouldn't this imply the Sweet Commanders to be comparable if not superior to Jack...? Enough of this Tobi-Roppo > Katakuri shenanigans!
  • Wounded Base Neko ~/< Perospero ~/< Snack < Cracker ~ Smoothie ~/< Katakuri
  • Yet again, Jack's fight is done off-panel... Man gets no love. He's above the Tobi Roppo and didn't even get a chapter dedicated to his fight. Same with Pero--but honestly, I think no one expected him to stack up against Nekomamushi anyways.

I enjoy the fact that Luffy and Kaido's clash is exactly what allowed Neko and Inu to win their fights. They're indirectly impacting the battles around them. Sadly for Kaido, they are not in his favor, lol.

All we have left is Raizo vs Fukurokuju before all that's left are the top 3 fights. Queen, King and finally Kaido will go down in that order.

This battle is reaching the climax in a matter of a few chapters. I just hope Queen and King get an actual on-panel fight.

Loved this chapter, but I'm gonna be honest now with the whole "power-scaling". If Perospero can manage to overpower a (wounded) Base Nekomamushi and took hits from him, wouldn't this imply the Sweet Commanders to be comparable if not superior to Jack...? Enough of this Tobi-Roppo > Katakuri shenanigans!
When did Perospero overpower Nekomamushi? Mink's after leaving Sulong form are left exhausted, the same thing happened to Inu who in base was fighting somewhat comparably with hybrid Jack yet after leaving Sulong is left powerless.

When did Perospero overpower Nekomamushi? Mink's after leaving Sulong form are left exhausted, the same thing happened to Inu who in base was fighting somewhat comparably with hybrid Jack yet after leaving Sulong is left powerless.
Doesn't mean Neko's durability lowered. Both Neko and Inu in their base forms could trade blows with Jack for 12 hour intervals.

Pero left Neko bloody and pierced his body with a Candy spear/arrow.

• Wounded Base Neko ~/< Perospero ~/< Snack < Cracker ~ Smoothie ~/< Katakuri
  • Yet again, Jack's fight is done off-panel... Man gets no love. He's above the Tobi Roppo and didn't even get a chapter dedicated to his fight. Same with Pero--but honestly, I think no one expected him to stack up against Nekomamushi anyways.

I enjoy the fact that Luffy and Kaido's clash is exactly what allowed Neko and Inu to win their fights. They're indirectly impacting the battles around them. Sadly for Kaido, they are not in his favor, lol.

All we have left is Raizo vs Fukurokuju before all that's left are the top 3 fights. Queen, King and finally Kaido will go down in that order.

This battle is reaching the climax in a matter of a few chapters. I just hope Queen and King get an actual on-panel fight.
THIS!

I honestly am baffled by people who seriously think that Tobi-roppo > Katakuri which is irrational if you think about it. Like ffs, Katakuri is the freaking right hand man of a Yonko that is equal to Kaido, to suggest that he is anything but below King just doesn't make sense.

Like honestly, you can do whatever you want with your funny calcs in a fictional manga, but to take this over in-verse portrayal is already a fallacy of its own.

If anything, for Kaido and Big Mom to be considered rivals aka Yonko that has mutual respect, their generals would need to have power levels that are relative to each other, meaning that Sweet commanders would have to be ~= to Calamities in power for there to even have balance in power between the two Yonko Crews. If even the Flying six > Katakuri, the Big Mom pirates would have already been annihilated by the Beast Pirates a long time ago in such a competitive Sea.

The Sulong form makes the User tire out argument also falls short when trying to compare Jack and Perospero. The two of them literally took on Inu and Neko individually in the same chapter, and it is also implied that they both went Sulong form during a similar time period. if anything, it just shows that Jack and Peropero managed to fight both Duke's Sulong form for a same period of time, before the cloudcovers the moon and render both Dukes temporarily defeated, then when the clouds part again Jack and Perospero literally got defeated at the same time.

If anything it is clear that Perospero~= Jack in power level from both portrayals.

Doesn't mean Neko's durability lowered. Both Neko and Inu in their base forms could trade blows with Jack for 12 hour intervals.

Pero left Neko bloody and pierced his body with a Candy spear/arrow.
And when Neko was captured fodder who cut off his arm, pretty sure most characters when injured/out of stamina have their durability lower? Never argued against that?
If anything it is clear that Perospero~= Jack in power level from both portrayals.
Not at all
eWuWgyq.png

I also think that Kaido's crew has a clear edge against that of Big Mom in terms of raw power, but that Big Mom's crew has far greater amounts of hax that makes up for it. The mirror user in particular has an incredibly dangerous ability.

I don't know why you sent that twice;

Vergo got hit by disable Jambe which made him bleed, meaning he is weaker.

Queen got hit but he didn't get sent flying.

The other options are Kaido, who gets thrown around by everyone whether drunk or sober.

And when Neko was captured fodder who cut off his arm, pretty sure most characters when injured/out of stamina have their durability lower? Never argued against that?

Not at all
eWuWgyq.png
Also if anything Peropero's main power probably wasn't even his physical stats, but his DF candy abilities where he can turn it into weapons and shields. Perspero was clearly caught off guard by Neko's ambush.

However, the fact that he lasted as long as Jack against Neko's Sulong form when they are both in a direct combat until the cloud covers the moon is already telling that Perospero did just as well as Jack against a Sulong Duke the moment he wasn't caught offguard and was in an actual combat.

I don't know why you sent that twice;

Vergo got hit by disable Jambe which made him bleed, meaning he is weaker.

Queen got hit but he didn't get sent flying.

The other options are Kaido, who gets thrown around by everyone whether drunk or sober.
Vergo proceeds to nearly break Sanji's leg in a kicking clash, if you call that being weaker...
His head got sent flying.
Maybe perospero likes getting thrown around too? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back