• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1025: "Twin Dragons" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Seems like this will be a great chapter
and when did Momo become strong enough to fight someone like kaido? i thought his age was just age increased, not abilities increased also?

Well, he can stay in dragon mode during the fight. He does not need as much skill then.

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading this.

when did Momo become strong enough to fight someone like kaido?
He has the genes of Oden, and the fruit of Kaido. That is, potential to be one of the strongest characters in the series. Btw, I've seen theorists saying that the "Juku Juku" etymology of Shinobu fruit can also make sense of something "be ready to fight", so maybe Momonosuke can even show Haki in this fight.

He has the genes of Oden, and the fruit of Kaido. That is, potential to be one of the strongest characters in the series. Btw, I've seen theorists saying that the "Juku Juku" etymology of Shinobu fruit can also make sense of something "be ready to fight", so maybe Momonosuke can even show Haki in this fight.
Momonuske using haki would not make sense

Well, at least he is a giant dragon. He might be able to help out a bit.

I doubt Momonosuke is actually fighting Kaido. Luffy (Gear 4th) and Yamato vs Kaido yay.

Yamato has been very impressive. I was expecting the Thunder Bagua clash to result in the end of her fight, but she's still going strong. I didn't expect to go into this arc and have a Mini-Kaido team up with Luffy. With Yamato, and the quick development on Luffy's Haki, I think we can all agree he can take on everything Kaido has currently shown once he enters Gear 4th again. Only problem to wait on is Kaido's Awakening (I will riot if Doflamingo has Awakening, but SOMEHOW Kaido does not).

If Marineford 2.0 happens, Luffy has plenty of allies that could show up and really make a difference. Imagine Yamato rolling into Marineford with her own Newly-found Beast Pirates and clashing with Sakazuki personally in an attempt to avenge Ace. I genuinely think she has the power to win if she can avoid taking a direct hit from Sakazuki's magma.

The Straw-Hats, Grand Fleet (5,600), Wano Samurai (~5,000+), Minks (At least Hundreds, unless it is a smaller crew led by Carrot), New-Beast Pirates led by Yamato (Thousands including hundreds of Gifters), Possibly the Remnants of the WB Pirates, and potentially Elbaf warriors (if Elbaf happens BEFORE Marineford 2.0)... Luffy would have more people on his side than Whitebeard did when he went to save Ace.
  • And we also gotta consider potential 3rd parties to show up... Revolutionary Army to align with Luffy... Former Shichibukai for different reasons (Crocodile wanting to fight Luffy, just like with Whitebeard)... Blackbeard himself... Hell, Shanks might even come here once again and this time, Luffy will get to properly meet him.
  • Funny thought, all 4 Yonko would show up if you include Buggy, after he somehow takes credit for something big (imagine him landing on Elbaf after escaping the Navy, only to be caught up in Luffy vs Big Mom shenanigans), and Luffy since he'd have defeated Kaido by this point.
  • And unlike Whitebeard, who stayed back to survey the battle-field, we ALL know Luffy would be the Spear-head for the vanguard. I think people like Nami and Usopp would stay back on the Sunny and fulfill the role of the strategists.
I know I got way off topic from the chapter itself, but frankly, I think Luffy will succeed in saving Sabo, otherwise nothing would have changed from Pre-TS, at all.

Last edited:
If Kaido goes Awakened, I'm 100% sure he'll be more powerful than even Roger.
Nah, if anything, Comparable to Old Whitebeard.

Then again, we have not seen Whitebeard use an Awakening (that we know of), but I doubt he spent decades with his fruit and never mastered it. I would assume he was too sickly in Marineford to pull it off (or it's too dangerous given how we see Paramecia Awakenings are AoE... too many allies).

People think Kaido is equal to Big Mom while in his Base form, and that's kind of disgusting. They've both been fighting the same opponents in this battle, and Kaido is the only one who actually took damage. Big Mom tanked all of Law and Kid's attacks.

Nah, if anything, Comparable to Old Whitebeard.

Then again, we have not seen Whitebeard use an Awakening (that we know of), but I doubt he spent decades with his fruit and never mastered it. I would assume he was too sickly in Marineford to pull it off (or it's too dangerous given how we see Paramecia Awakenings are AoE... too many allies).

People think Kaido is equal to Big Mom while in his Base form, and that's kind of disgusting. They've both been fighting the same opponents in this battle, and Kaido is the only one who actually took damage. Big Mom tanked all of Law and Kid's attacks.
I mean, 3 Homies Big Mom is probably comparable to Hybrid Kaido.

The Straw-Hats, Grand Fleet (5,600), Wano Samurai (~5,000+), Minks (At least Hundreds, unless it is a smaller crew led by Carrot), New-Beast Pirates led by Yamato (Thousands including hundreds of Gifters), Possibly the Remnants of the WB Pirates, and potentially Elbaf warriors (if Elbaf happens BEFORE Marineford 2.0)... Luffy would have more people on his side than Whitebeard did when he went to save Ace.
Luffy, if he wins against Kaido will unironically become a more powerful pirate captain than Whitebeard. That is really something to think about

Mihawk was absolutely spot on

Last edited:
I doubt Momonosuke is actually fighting Kaido. Luffy (Gear 4th) and Yamato vs Kaido yay.

Yamato has been very impressive. I was expecting the Thunder Bagua clash to result in the end of her fight, but she's still going strong. I didn't expect to go into this arc and have a Mini-Kaido team up with Luffy. With Yamato, and the quick development on Luffy's Haki, I think we can all agree he can take on everything Kaido has currently shown once he enters Gear 4th again. Only problem to wait on is Kaido's Awakening (I will riot if Doflamingo has Awakening, but SOMEHOW Kaido does not).

If Marineford 2.0 happens, Luffy has plenty of allies that could show up and really make a difference. Imagine Yamato rolling into Marineford with her own Newly-found Beast Pirates and clashing with Sakazuki personally in an attempt to avenge Ace. I genuinely think she has the power to win if she can avoid taking a direct hit from Sakazuki's magma.

• And we also gotta consider potential 3rd parties to show up... Revolutionary Army to align with Luffy... Former Shichibukai for different reasons (Crocodile wanting to fight Luffy, just like with Whitebeard)... Blackbeard himself... Hell, Shanks might even come here once again and this time, Luffy will get to properly meet him.
  • Funny thought, all 4 Yonko would show up if you include Buggy, after he somehow takes credit for something big (imagine him landing on Elbaf after escaping the Navy, only to be caught up in Luffy vs Big Mom shenanigans), and Luffy since he'd have defeated Kaido by this point.
  • And unlike Whitebeard, who stayed back to survey the battle-field, we ALL know Luffy would be the Spear-head for the vanguard. I think people like Nami and Usopp would stay back on the Sunny and fulfill the role of the strategists.
I know I got way off topic from the chapter itself, but frankly, I think Luffy will succeed in saving Sabo, otherwise nothing would have changed from Pre-TS, at all.
To be honest regarding the Awakening part, I suspect that all the Zoans have already possibly shown their Awakenings, but it isn't really something noticeable appearance wise since all it does it make the user more powerful.

To be honest regarding the Awakening part, I suspect that all the Zoans have already possibly shown their Awakenings, but it isn't really something noticeable appearance wise since all it does it make the user more powerful.
Why would ALL Zoans have already shown their Awakening? Awakening is a stage only few people have accomplished. The only Zoan Awakenings we have currently seen are the ones from Impel Down, and maybe Chopper's Monster-Point (albeit that's not confirmed).

Mean to tell me Doffy and Katakuri are the only two Awakened Paramecia users, but all Zoan users are already at that level?

I thought that only Paramecia users could be awakened.

1631195642481.jpg

Okay. How does that work though? Paramecia seem to be able to turn other things into what they control. Would Zoans create more monsters or animals by that logic?

Okay. How does that work though? Paramecia seem to be able to turn other things into what they control. Would Zoans create more monsters or animals by that logic?
Zoans such as the Impel Down guards appear to be more animalistic and get bigger/stronger/stupider.

I'd say that Zoan Awakening works very similarly to Chopper's Monster Point. They get big, strong and can recover from damage quicker.

Paramecia Awakening is as we've seen.

If I had to speculate on Logia Awakening, I'd say that they'd make the environment more like their element with the fight at Punk Hazard being an example. Akainu made one half a volcanic wasteland while Kuzan made the other half to be an icy wasteland.

Honestly we barely understand anything by about awakenings at this point. Also I find it weird that Doffy and Katakuri’s awakening do the same thing even when the base abilities of their fruits really aren’t comparable

Judge is just apathetic about the end results to his kids. He's a bad father but it stems from being a selfish person, which extends to his kids.

Same with Linlin to an extent, but she doesn't care about getting her kids killed.

Yamato cares(cared) about her father, she just inspires to be someone else, and Kaido demolishes her for being independent.

Kaido's a great villain, but a shit dad.

Oda knows how to make likeable characters hated too fast, just like with WW (made him so cool, them BOOM, he's racist). Made Kaido such a nice honorable villain and BOOM, he's a child abuser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back