• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1025: "Twin Dragons" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Luffy himself needed a lot of time to learn advanced Haki types, are people seriously suggesting Momo who can't even control Haoshoku properly now can suddenly evolve his Haoshoku Haki to the same level as Kaido's?

Oh come on! That's the most unrealistic assumption I've ever came across and this is definitely not how Haki works. You don't simply learn Advanced Haki by getting matured, did anyone seriously forgot what Rayleigh told Luffy? He cannot teach him the advanced types, but only the basics; in the heat of a fight his rudimentary Haki types with a bit luck evolves into advanced Haki.

If that were so easy literally everyone could have done that, there would be no point for Doffy fearing Kaido, heck alone serving under him when it literally took almost all people from Dressrosa to beat him...

Even Luffy himself needed a lot of time to learn advanced Haki types, are people seriously suggesting Momo who can't even control Haoshoku properly now can suddenly evolve his Haoshoku Haki to the same level as Kaido's?

Oh come on! That's the most unrealistic assumption I've ever came across and this is definitely not how Haki works. You don't simply learn Advanced Haki by getting matured, did anyone seriously forgot what Rayleigh told Luffy? He cannot teach him the advanced types, but only the basics; in the heat of a fight his rudimentary Haki types with a bit luck evolves into advanced Haki.

If that were so easy literally everyone could have done that, there would be no point for Doffy fearing Kaido, heck alone serving under him when it literally took almost all people from Dressrosa to beat him...
That's why we are saying we are hoping that that would NOT happen. You are literally explaining the obvious.

That's why we are saying we are hoping that that would NOT happen. You are literally explaining the obvious.
I am questioning why are people worrying about one of the worst "what if" moment, it's not Oda's style to pull that off, remember when it was revealed that there exist a time fruit? People were worried about inconsistencies and plot holes, but it's Oda we are talking about, he masterfully saved himself from the whole timelines shenanigans and satisfied his readers simultaneously. Put your trust on Oda, how long have you been reading one piece to ever realize that it's not Oda's style to randomly give characters Advanced Haki? Only very few characters have Advanced Haki, and only 4-6 among 70+ One piece characters learned Advanced Conquerer Haki, to quote Kaido " Only the strongest can learn Advanced Conquerer Haki, Shanks, Whitebeard, Oden and his captain in the background" while saying that to Luffy.

Oda will probably make him have a fire breathing battle, while Luffy assists him. Momo is just there for support and not suddenly beating Kaido, I can see him being conscious or something like that and Luffy and Yamato fighting Hybrid Kaido on the ground.

I am questioning why are people worrying about one of the worst "what if" moment, it's not Oda's style to pull that off, remember when it was revealed that there exist a time fruit? People were worried about inconsistencies and plot holes, but it's Oda we are talking about, he masterfully saved himself from the whole timelines shenanigans and satisfied his readers simultaneously. Put your trust on Oda, how long have you been reading one piece to ever realize that it's not Oda's style to randomly give characters Advanced Haki? Only very few characters have Advanced Haki, and only 4-6 among 70+ One piece characters learned Advanced Conquerer Haki, to quote Kaido " Only the strongest can learn Advanced Conquerer Haki, Shanks, Whitebeard, Oden and his captain in the background" while saying that to Luffy.

Oda will probably make him have a fire breathing battle, while Luffy assists him. Momo is just there for support and not suddenly beating Kaido, I can see him being conscious or something like that and Luffy and Yamato fighting Hybrid Kaido on the ground.
Yep would be great if it is just Momo supporting while Luffy Yamato face Kaido head on. Though, no matter how I see it, I can't see Momo taking a single hit from Kaido that wouldn't one-shot him, unless his Mythcial Zoan durability is so potent that it can save him from a Yonko's attack.

The reason why i start worrying that Advanced CoC would slowly become free for all is because now we are also revealed that Yamato also has ACoC. Although I can accept that, since Yamato being Kaido's daughter + Yamato has been constantly fighting and losing against Kaido for 20 years would make it logical that she had the talent + 20 years of hardwork put into mastering the ACoC. it miight be the start of a trend of more and more characters using ACoC and we start to see Black lightnings in every fight from here onwards - akin to how Haki was something so rare before but now pretty much everyone has it. And with Momo being the main character of this arc, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that Oda might pull off something like this on Momo.

Yep would be great if it is just Momo supporting while Luffy Yamato face Kaido head on. Though, no matter how I see it, I can't see Momo taking a single hit from Kaido that wouldn't one-shot him, unless his Mythcial Zoan durability is so potent that it can save him from a Yonko's attack.

The reason why i start worrying that Advanced CoC would slowly become free for all is because now we are also revealed that Yamato also has ACoC. Although I can accept that, since Yamato being Kaido's daughter + Yamato has been constantly fighting and losing against Kaido for 20 years would make it logical that she had the talent + 20 years of hardwork put into mastering the ACoC. it miight be the start of a trend of more and more characters using ACoC and we start to see Black lightnings in every fight from here onwards - akin to how Haki was something so rare before but now pretty much everyone has it. And with Momo being the main character of this arc, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that Oda might pull off something like this on Momo.
Haki is still rare though. Barely anyone in the Grandline is aware of the existence of Haki, it's not public knowledgeable, after all, due to the WG pulling their strings behind the events, in order to prevent the pirates from getting stronger and all.

The new world is the toughest and strongest sea, so it makes sense to come across to people, who are aware of Haki. In the Ace novel, Ace initially thought he was invincible until when he fought a Vice-admiral in Sabaody Archipelago (according to the doctor, only Vice-admirals and Admirals knows how to use Haki). I mean, Katakuri, Luffy, Sanji, Yamato, the Yonkos and Admirals are the only ones who are confirmed to have Advanced Haki (either Busoshoku and Kenbunshoku). That's pretty rare by one piece standards.

Wait didn't Zoro already show a glimpse of Advanced conqueror's when he scared Kaido?

Also what advanced Haki does Saji have? Observation? It was never mentioned though.
Nah, that was just Conquerer Haki mixed with Enma.

Sanji is confirmed to have Advanced Kenbunshoku Haki, confirmed in the Vivre card Databook.

Oh really? Do you have source or scans?
5epuyuqcbnb71.jpg

(i believe tempest or emit probably know which vivre card they are referring to)

5epuyuqcbnb71.jpg

(i believe tempest or emit probably know which vivre card they are referring to)
“By reading the movement of signs and emotions, you can grasp the surrounding situation and avoid danger. Some people see the future a little ahead due to extraordinary discipline.”

This is the full translation I found online for this scan. Although they did use Sanji dodging the jelly bean as an example of Obeservation Haki, the "Some people see the future" in nowhere implied that it is about Sanji though and was more likely referencing Katakuri if anything. So far we haven't seen Sanji "see the future" yet if you get what I mean?

“By reading the movement of signs and emotions, you can grasp the surrounding situation and avoid danger. Some people see the future a little ahead due to extraordinary discipline.”

This is the full translation I found online for this scan. Although they did use Sanji dodging the jelly bean as an example of Obeservation Haki, the "Some people see the future" in nowhere implied that it is about Sanji though and was more likely referencing Katakuri if anything. So far we haven't seen Sanji "see the future" yet if you get what I mean?
Yeah i get it. Just wait for Tempest to send you the link or something like that, the link above is the only one i could find.

Is this the Naruto PTSD speaking? Usopp's father is a legendary sniper, Chopper was taught by one of the best doctor in the Grandline, Sanji was trained by Red leg Zeff, Luffy's family like being Garp and Dragon, etc etc.

Yes, you already know all these things but what you didn't know is It's nothing like Naruto when all their strength comes from their heritage. The Strawhats worked incredibly hard to get where they are. Zoro is constantly training and doesn't ever let his heritage carry him. Did Zoro defeated any of his enemies because "I'm special?". No! The three-swords style is a technique that he only himself created, he underwent superhuman training when he was a child with no rest(even as we speak he's still training to become stronger).

Did Usopp ever won any of his fights because he is "special", not a single one he won was because of him being special, he won most fights by psychologically scarring the hell out of his enemies and using strategies/bluffs to bait his enemies into believing what he says. Sanji, despite being special lost to characters who are not special. Heritages means nothing in One piece did heritage stopped Ace from getting Donut'd by Akainu? (Ace is Gol D Roger's son for heaven's sake) Did heritage stopped Luffy from getting curb-stomped by almost everyone in the war just to come to the realization that he was too weak and was on the verge of giving up his dream. This isn't Naruto where Luffy goes rage mode and beats Kuma, Sentomaru, Kizaru, Akainu, Ajokiji, etc etc, in fact they fodderized him even harder. If heritage mattered then why would Luffy lost to these guys?
This is false equivalency, part one naruto did not go on a rampage and best madara, hashirama or the god tiers.

So far we haven't seen Sanji "see the future"
The only way to change what a FS user sees is with your own FS, the visual effect (the "2nd Sanji") is the same as Luffy's when trying it for the first time.

Sanji not having it is less likely than him having it even without the databook.

Preeeetty certain a lot of decent Observation users have Future-Sight. Katakuri's was a big deal because he could see further by seconds and it was passive.

Yet somehow people out here in the Sanji vs Kat thread legit said he has "better FS than him" 👀 and this is despite the fact he has yet to do anything note-worthy for an Observation user. In terms of sensory, Fuji's got him beat in feats, and in terms of FS, he's no better than the typical use we've seen.

Last edited:
Katakuri's isn't passive. He isn't seeing into the future at all times.

Toei really revealed Yamato’s side ******* before her face. They just couldn’t help themselves lmao.

Showing Innumerous amounts of crotch shots to young audiences is fine but red blood isn’t. Idk if that’s just how it works in Japan, but it seems that they got their priorites straight fr.
Toei is another victim of the Streisand effect, now everybody talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back