• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1025: "Twin Dragons" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-3Cx67XIAgu8oF.png

Shanks with Buggy

To be fair, Blackbeard and Kaido are with people they had an adversarial relationship with. Maybe this suggests a struggle between Katakuri and Big Mom in the future

Yes, it seems so. He is an oni.

Given the horns and size, do you think that Black Maria is one as well?

Last edited:
Zoans such as the Impel Down guards appear to be more animalistic and get bigger/stronger/stupider.

I'd say that Zoan Awakening works very similarly to Chopper's Monster Point. They get big, strong and can recover from damage quicker.

Paramecia Awakening is as we've seen.

If I had to speculate on Logia Awakening, I'd say that they'd make the environment more like their element with the fight at Punk Hazard being an example. Akainu made one half a volcanic wasteland while Kuzan made the other half to be an icy wasteland.
Far from confirmed obviously, but Crocodile did mention something about awakening back in Alabasta and iirc he is the one who explained that the Zoan Guards were awakened, in case he is an awakened Logia it would explain his ability to dry people (and even solid objects iirc).

Could be just a mistranslation, but anyway.

Well, I am not sure if the translation is correct, given the recent information directly from Oda.

Why would ALL Zoans have already shown their Awakening? Awakening is a stage only few people have accomplished. The only Zoan Awakenings we have currently seen are the ones from Impel Down, and maybe Chopper's Monster-Point (albeit that's not confirmed).

Mean to tell me Doffy and Katakuri are the only two Awakened Paramecia users, but all Zoan users are already at that level?
I mean Marco's Phoenix and Kaido's Dragon are already completely extraordinary in combat prowess. I wouldn't count out the possibility that theirs would have already been awakened or even already used their awakening.

Marco was already pushed to his own limits VS King and Queen afterall, would be silly if he didn't already use Awakening when he was clearly overwhelmed in the end. Kaido would be harder to say since so far none of his fights really pushed him to his limits.

kekw at this rate we can point the middle finger to hardwork and just go OP devil fruit + genetics ftw to become a Top Tier. Smh is this going to end up like Naruto in the end..?

Honestly if Momonosuke scars Kaido with Haki, from then onwards I will just treat One Piece as a jokester manga and stop caring about it.

kekw at this rate we can point the middle finger to hardwork and just go OP devil fruit + genetics ftw to become a Top Tier. Smh is this going to end up like Naruto in the end..?

Honestly if Momonosuke scars Kaido with Haki, from then onwards I will just treat One Piece as a jokester manga and stop caring about it.

Is this the Naruto PTSD speaking? Usopp's father is a legendary sniper, Chopper was taught by one of the best doctor in the Grandline, Sanji was trained by Red leg Zeff, Luffy's family line being Garp and Dragon, etc etc.

Yes, you already know all these things but what you didn't know is It's nothing like Naruto when all their strength comes from their heritage. The Strawhats worked incredibly hard to get where they are. Zoro is constantly training and doesn't ever let his heritage carry him. Did Zoro defeated any of his enemies because "I'm special?". No! The three-swords style is a technique that he only himself created, he underwent superhuman training when he was a child with no rest(even as we speak he's still training to become stronger).

Did Usopp ever won any of his fights because he is "special", not a single one he won was because of him being special, he won most fights by psychologically scarring the hell out of his enemies and using strategies/bluffs to bait his enemies into believing what he says. Sanji, despite being special lost to characters who are not special. Heritages means nothing in One piece did heritage stopped Ace from getting Donut'd by Akainu? (Ace is Gol D Roger's son for heaven's sake) Did heritage stopped Luffy from getting curb-stomped by almost everyone in the war just to come to the realization that he was too weak and was on the verge of giving up his dream. This isn't Naruto where Luffy goes rage mode and beats Kuma, Sentomaru, Kizaru, Akainu, Ajokiji, etc etc, in fact they fodderized him even harder. If heritage mattered then why would Luffy lost to these guys?

Last edited:

First of all, it's not confirmed that Momonosuke unlocked Busoshoku Haki, even if he has unlocked Busoshoku Haki he would need Advanced Busoshoku Haki to hurt Kaido, Momonosuke presumably having Advanced Busoshoku Haki requires you to prove it. Momo only has Conquerer Haki and the voice of all things, so the odds of him scaring Kaido is lower than Coby beating Hancock.

First of all, it's not confirmed that Momonosuke unlocked Busoshoku Haki, even if he has unlocked Busoshoku Haki he would need Advanced Busoshoku Haki to hurt Kaido, Momonosuke presumably having Advanced Busoshoku Haki requires you to prove it. Momo only has Conquerer Haki and the voice of all things, so the odds of him scaring Kaido is lower than Coby beating Hancock.
I think you missed my point.

I said I wish Momonosuke would not suddenly pull Haki that can damage Kaido out of his arse for the following chapters. If he doesn't do such BS, I am happy. But if he pulls of such shit it would be too silly.

I think you missed my point.

I said I wish Momonosuke would not suddenly pull Haki that can damage Kaido out of his arse for the following chapters. If he doesn't do such BS, I am happy. But if he pulls of such shit it would be too silly.
He doesn't lel. How long have you been reading one piece that you suddenly jumps into the conclusion that an almost haki-less character can keep up with a Yonko, when a Yonko can two-shot a Yonko Commander who also could force Luffy into going G4, harm Zoro, Sanji and Jinbei.

Momo needs Advanced Busoshoku Haki to hurt Kaido, that was established so many times I can't believe people are concerned about Momo pulling out inept level Haki.

Is this the Naruto PTSD speaking? Usopp's father is a legendary sniper, Chopper was taught by one of the best doctor in the Grandline, Sanji was trained by Red leg Zeff, Luffy's family like being Garp and Dragon, etc etc.

Yes, you already know all these things but what you didn't know is It's nothing like Naruto when all their strength comes from their heritage. The Strawhats worked incredibly hard to get where they are. Zoro is constantly training and doesn't ever let his heritage carry him. Did Zoro defeated any of his enemies because "I'm special?". No! The three-swords style is a technique that he only himself created, he underwent superhuman training when he was a child with no rest(even as we speak he's still training to become stronger).

Did Usopp ever won any of his fights because he is "special", not a single one he won was because of him being special, he won most fights by psychologically scarring the hell out of his enemies and using strategies/bluffs to bait his enemies into believing what he says. Sanji, despite being special lost to characters who are not special. Heritages means nothing in One piece did heritage stopped Ace from getting Donut'd by Akainu? (Ace is Gol D Roger's son for heaven's sake) Did heritage stopped Luffy from getting curb-stomped by almost everyone in the war just to come to the realization that he was too weak and was on the verge of giving up his dream. This isn't Naruto where Luffy goes rage mode and beats Kuma, Sentomaru, Kizaru, Akainu, Ajokiji, etc etc, in fact they fodderized him even harder. If heritage mattered then why would Luffy lost to these guys?
I mean technically Naruto also did train to unlock Bijuu mode, Rasenshuriken and Sage mode etc etc..but I get your point.

However if Momonosuke will match Kaido in any way in the upcoming chapters just because he got full Dragon Form, it would be similar to Naruto beating his opponents such as Neji because he got a Bijuu in his body, and that would be god awful. One Piece theme most of the times has been that even if you are lucky enough to eat an OP devil fruit, you would still lose to a veteran who is highly skilled in Haki if you don't train your powers.

If Momonosuke so happens to matche Kaido just because of his Dragon DF in potential future chapters, it would go against one of One PIece's core theme is what I am saying. I would prefer him to just assist in the fight while Luffy and Yamato be the direct combatants vs Kaido.

He doesn't lel. How long have you been reading one piece that you suddenly jumps into the conclusion that an almost haki-less character can keep up with a Yonko, when a Yonko can two-shot a Yonko Commander who also could force Luffy into going G4, harm Zoro, Sanji and Jinbei.

Momo needs Advanced Busoshoku Haki to hurt Kaido, that was established so many times I can't believe people are concerned about Momo pulling out inept level Haki.
I read the entire manga if that is what you are asking. I believe I never said that Momo wouldn't need ACoA to hurt Kaido? If anything I even said that you need Advanced Haki to hurt Kaido, which I hope Momo wouldn't suddenly pull it out of his arse.

Idk man, Haki-less chopper made Queen spitblood from a single slap. Also, Momo being the "main character" of this arc might imply that Oda might want him to display "character moments" which I am all cool, but the current direction of the theme seems to be "Two Dragons facing against each other" and "The world only needs one dragon" which leads me to suspect Momonosuke might have to deal damage that hurt Kaido, or tank Kaido's powerful attacks without getting one-shotted at some point. All these would be awful since Momonosuke never worked for them.

If it doesn't happen, great. But it would be awful if this shit happens is what I am saying.

Think logically, Momo isn't a fighter he's just a leader. While he was born with Conquerer Haki and the voice of all things does that really matter when you are facing a Yonko? They are legitimately the strongest force of the Pirates, if he were to fight 1 vs 1 against Kaido, he would get one shotted.

One piece theme was never about hardships, heritages, etc etc. It was always about Freedom and inheriting one's wills, people see "prophecy" suddenly jump to the conclusion that Luffy is the reincarnation of Joyboy, when in One piece it simply means he inherited Joyboy's will.

I mean, Pirates are all self-taught genuiness unlike Marine soldiers who got Garp and the admirals to train them, they don't have anyone who can teach them to become stronger. Most Pirates trained less than a young Luffy, who trained at least 10 years to become a pirate and fully gain control of the Gomu Gomu no mi. (The WG would also try to prevent the pirates from getting stronger anyway, it's not like that the environment they live forced them to get stronger, Kuro is a prime example)

Are we talking about the same chopper who got toyed by a non-serious Queen for hours. Afterwards, it was confirmed that Queen literally took no damage from his fight with Chopper (I get that the blood part was confusing, but Queen was multiple times shown without any bruises after humiliating poor chopper)

Inheritance in One Piece is very much metaphorical when compared to the literal re-incarnation in Naruto. Not to mention, a bunch of super important characters have absolutely nothing special about them from a genetics/legacy standpoint, eg: Every Marine Admiral and Whitebeard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back