• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1018: Jinbe V.S Who's Who (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not tryna provoke him I’m just messing around I doubt he would take that seriously especially with the emojis… good lord

He is an Indonesian king it seems I didn't know their was Hinduism in Indonesia

It's definitely wrong the king is an Hindu meaning he is Indian not Japanese
It says Javanese ... Large stretches of SE Asia used to be populated by Hindus. They have their own versions of the Ramayana and Mahabharata. The famous President Sukarno of Indonesia is named after the warrior Karna from the Mahabharata

It says Javanese ... Large stretches of SE Asia used to be populated by Hindus. They have their own versions of the Ramayana and Mahabharata. The famous President Sukarno of Indonesia is named after the warrior Karna from the Mahabharata
Yeah I already accepted I was wrong

Fixed it for ya 👍🏽💪🏽
Why would WW be stronger than Doffy tbh :)

Doffy claps. Jinbe also clapped him.

OOO, but I do wish we got to see Rokushiki users fighting eachother. Vergo vs WW would be fun, even though I'm fairly certain Vergo loses via feats alone.

@RoyGundam - True that Zoro went through Pika's Haki, but I do wonder if he did so without using his ability to cut "nothing", like how he cut Daz. However, since he said it was a Haki vs Haki bout, I'm likely reaching.

Last edited:
Hmm, from what we have seen so far, are the Tobiroppo even going to reach H7A+ (new scaling)? Like, it's quite obvious the wouldn't defeat Cracker or Doffy in a 1v1, but having higher stats was possible, except for the fact they don't have many good feats and the characters they could get some scaling are even worse.

but I do wonder if he did so without using his ability to cut "nothing", like how he cut Daz.
Zoro doesn't have the ability to cut "nothing" ... The point of his internal growth while fighting Daz Bones was him realizing that a sword should follow the will of the swordsman i.e. Zoro kind of learned the ability to will his swords into cutting only what he wants to cut (and the breath thing is just how he does it). Zoro was being held back by his belief that cutting steel with a steel sword should not be possible (which makes logical sense) but once he changed his perspective, he found that he had the ability to cut steel after all

Zoro's own thoughts just before the final clash : "All that's left is to see if I truly have the power to cut steel"

Hmm, from what we have seen so far, are the Tobiroppo even going to reach H7A+ (new scaling)? Like, it's quite obvious the wouldn't defeat Cracker or Doffy in a 1v1, but having higher stats was possible, except for the fact they don't have many good feats and the characters they could get some scaling are even worse.
Is it obvious though ? They (or rather Ulti specifically) definitely have insane durability feats. To get back up and continue fighting after eating a named attack from Big Mom is no mean feat

Is it obvious though ? They (or rather Ulti specifically) definitely have insane durability feats. To get back up and continue fighting after eating a named attack from Big Mom is no mean feat
Ulti wouldn't scale to that at all. The attack completely pierced through her.

Their best durability feat collectively (going off of profiles post-CRT) is Page One taking an Elephant Gun, but I still wouldn't say they should scale to that since i'm preeeeetty sure he was sleeping off-panel for a few minutes.

Attack pierced her torso completely. Zoan users are tenacious, and this is just another one of those cases of them quickly recovering despite taking serious injury.

Because of what? Scaling to the calamities?
Probably scaling to Jinbe if we end up accepting his scaling to Akainu/Ace again.

However, I wouldn't say Who's Who can scale to "full-power" Jinbe since he has both hands shattered quite easily, couldn't even scathe Jinbe with his strongest known attack, and assuming he went down from the last punch--that too.

You should know by now to stop calling KO before the next chapter is out.
I am sure he was KOed there but i have no doubt he is coming back at some point:

Paypay came back from an attack much stronger than Jinbe's, Ulti came back from things i wouldn't say many others in-verse could, if Oda wants to keep Ancient Zoans' recovery speed at the top + WW's hype (he is fighting Luffy's third commander in his first fight as a straw after all) then WW can't be defeated in a single chapter for the entire war.

Btw, with so much haki lightning this chapter, there is a chance Yamato doesn't have Haoshoku right? Like, if he will have Hao it's not really because of the lightning we see during his clash with Kaido.

Btw, with so much haki lightning this chapter, there is a chance Yamato doesn't have Haoshoku right? Like, if he will have Hao it's not really because of the lightning we see during his clash with Kaido.
Yeah haki lightning isn't a direct confirmation of CoC coating. The recent Vivre Cards reveal that there's a potential way of distinguishing which is CoC coating and what's normal lightning from clashes.

Purple lightning; Oden with his Togen Totsuka and Kaido with his thunder Bagua were shown to have this color of lightning with their CoC coated attacks.

Golden-Orange; both Roger and Whitebeard were shown to have this lightning in their attacks so presumably this is the color of their CoC coated attacks.

You should know by now to stop calling KO before the next chapter is out.
We have far too many fights going on currently for the manga to dedicate more chapters to this obvious stomp 👀 . If Who's Who gets back up, it's just going to prolong the inevitable. I think we can all agree that Jinbe and WW's fight has very little consequence compared to the bigger fights going on atm.

We have far too many fights going on currently for the manga to dedicate more chapters to this obvious stomp 👀
OOOOHHH!!!

giphy.gif

I think we can all agree that Jinbe and WW's fight has very little consequence compared to the bigger fights going on atm.
You're not wrong:

AyA4sKB.jpg

Stop mocking other members Dr.Fix.

Last edited:
OOOOHHH!!!

giphy.gif

You're not wrong:

AyA4sKB.jpg
Just keep in mind, we have 3 other Tobi Roppo fights, the Scabbards/Jack, Queen, King, Big Mom, and Kaido to focus on.

Who's Who getting up either means some of these fights will be off-panel purely, or just a lot of chapters and a lot of waiting for results. Also it discredits Jinbe, who just had a lot of hype and build up in this chapter alone. Not saying it's impossible for WW to get up, since he is strong in his own right, but after this chapter, what would be the point?

I'm more interested in Black Maria vs Robin and Brook and Franky vs Sasaki to be honest. There was never a doubt in my mind that Jimbe was gonna stomp pretty hard
Yeah, i want to see if R/B will team up to defeat Maria (like S/J vs Wadatsumi) or if Brook will just fight the randoms/be a support, and i want to see if Sasaki's sword is really like Renji's Shikai like i said it would be months ago and if he will really be Kokoro's son.

Just keep in mind, we have 3 other Tobi Roppo fights, the Scabbards/Jack, Queen, King, Big Mom, and Kaido to focus on.

Who's Who getting up either means some of these fights will be off-panel purely, or just a lot of chapters and a lot of waiting for results.
Nothing wrong with that. One Piece is about the journey, not the result.

Nothing wrong with that. One Piece is about the journey, not the result.
Indeed, but on that same note, that also means the manga can't dwell on this single battle (that doesn't have any stakes no matter who wins it) while several others are going on as well. Fights should never drag on, unless there is a reason for it. Leave Toei to do that, since they absolutely love adding inconsequential filler to their anime (Goku vs Frieza, omg). It'd be weird if we focused on this fight for 5 more chapters, then jumped to other battles that go on for relatively the same amount of time (or they just get cut out, which is even worse).

Imagine cutting to Robin/Brook and seeing that they already won their fight and are moving on. That'd be ridiculous.

Personally, Jinbe's fight SHOULD be concluded with this. Maybe spend the start of the next chapter wrapping things up via dialogue, then move on to the next fight. With how Jinbe's fight is presented, if the others follow suit, it will look something like: "Last few pages of x chapter to set up the climax of the battle. Next chapter has the action and finishing blow. Following chapter wraps things up, and we move on to the next fight".

I just want to leave Wano at this point. Didn't think a singular arc would surpass Dressrosa in length and still have plenty of events left to explore. It's a little dreadful to wait for the conclusion.

I don't want to leave Wano yet but I'm eagerly awaiting the next time we get a global update for the characters outside of Wano.

If two of the Four Emperors are defeated here then that might prompt the Navy to go out in the offensive.

I just want to leave Wano at this point. Didn't think a singular arc would surpass Dressrosa in length and still have plenty of events left to explore. It's a little dreadful to wait for the conclusion.
Dressrosa was gold. Long arcs are under appreciated as they have the breath to explore characters and themes in more depth. They flush out more of the vast world of One Piece including its geography, history, politics, religions, etc. All of which makes for a more well built and by extension better story. If you do not like the pacing my suggestion is to just stop reading. Come back to the series in a couple months and just binge it and/or fast forward through the world building, glance at the fights, and focus on the conclusion.

Imagine cutting to Robin/Brook and seeing that they already won their fight and are moving on.
Already did and stated this prediction a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back