• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1018: Jinbe V.S Who's Who (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a rival to Rob Lucci Who's Who seems kinda lackluster.

Honestly think Lucci skill stomps him with equal stats.

For a rival to Rob Lucci Who's Who seems kinda lackluster.

Honestly think Lucci skill stomps him with equal stats.
Even if they were equal stats, I do not think Lucci can easily win for a few reasons:
  • Who's Who has a superior Zoan DF, as Ancient Zoans are considered to be quite high quality, the only type being superior in any way would obviously be a Mythic Zoan.
  • We have not seen the extent of WW's Rokushiki, so he might have a few more variations.
  • WW at least beats Pre-TS Lucci via Haki. Post-TS would obviously be a separate matter.
They're probably close to evenly matched, just that we know Lucci has mastered Rokushiki even Pre-TS.

I wonder about Post-TS Lucci. Probably equal to the Commanders. I wonder if the SHs will have to fight him directly this time.

I said skill stomp for a reason, Rob has a much better Mastery over Rokushiki. I don't think there's any indication of Jinbe being a better martial artist than Lucci, Lucci being the same guy who can understand and deduce the mechanics of Gear second on the spot.

Definitely agree that Rob won't outright stomp him but until further notice I'd say Rob has him beat in skill soundly.

Man Jinbe really is goated, dudes a beast.

Jinbe: “Curb your racism”

image0.png

Anyone else feel Oda wrote this chapter with Woke policy front of mind?

Who's Who asks questions about slavery then asks why Jinbe is mad.

Jinbe: You do not get to speak so flippantly about that stuff. Words matter.

Progressiveism for the win.

Last edited:
You do not remotely have to be woke to be strongly against racism and slavery, and for treating all decent people in a considerate and respectful manner.

The problem with intersectionalism is not that it wants those things, it is that it also names other specific groups as automatic evil entitled oppressors who should be fought tooth and nail and vilified as much as possible, even though it usually does not make any sense, rather than focusing on the elites, the oligarchs, billionaires, bankers, and bought politicians that allow the working class to almost be treated as real world slaves,who work themselves to death for wages that are barely able to sustain their lives, recurrently without any form of social security. There is such a thing as picking the good parts of different viewpoints and refusing the bad parts, without turning into a fundamentalist.

Anyway, what I was really interested in asking here is how strong that other people think that Jinbe would be in water, given that fishmen are supposed to be around 10x stronger there than on land, if I do not misremember. Do you think that he reaches Yonko levels?

I dont see how a character basically saying “Racism is bad” and getting angry that their literal species gets essentially called a “Slave race” is just “woke policy”.
Nah it is closer to Woke. Reason being Who's Who doesn't seem to recognize what he is saying is racist and Jinbe tells him to watch how he says these things, not that Who's Who himself is racist.

Jinbe: You do not get to speak about that stuff
That's not really what he said though. From the context, it looks like Jimbei got pissed off at having the entirety of the experiences of his species be glibly described as "history of slavery". For example, I bet any African American person would get pissed off if you implied that slavery is the one thing that defines them as a race

That's not really what he said though. From the context, it looks like Jimbei got pissed off at having the entirety of the experiences of his species be glibly described as "history of slavery". For example, I bet any African American person would get pissed off if you implied that slavery is the one thing that defines them as a race
Also strongly agreed. However, humans are not genetically different enough to be called different races in the first place, as far as I am aware. We are usually almost genetically identical regardless of skin colour. All of the division based upon minor differences in outward appearances is ridiculous.

Anyway, what I was really interested in asking here is how strong that other people think that Jinbe would be in water, given that fishmen are supposed to be around 10x stronger there than on land, if I do not misremember. Do you think that he reaches Yonko levels?
Anyway...

Nah it is closer to Woke. Reason being Who's Who doesn't seem to recognize what he is saying is racist and Jinbe tells him to watch how he says these things, not that Who's Who himself is racist.
Honestly at this point I dont even know what you’re trying to say or mean here.

What makes it woke specifically? Dude says racist shit to person of said race and said person then gets mad about it, seems fairly reasonable.

How strong would that be compared to the Yonko?

Also, remember that Oda likely means considerably more than just 10x in terms of feats, so I hope that Jinbe will be shown at full capacity at some point.

I think you're getting your statements mixed up.

The average Fishman is ten times stronger than the average Human.

The strength of Fishmen Karate is doubled underwater compared to being used on land.

So I got the feeling that Jimbei might have used Advanced Haki or Conquerors' Haki in this chapter ... In one of the earlier panels WW's fang pistol had cut through Jimbei's Haki-clad arm and drawn blood but later on a point-blank fang pistol simply crashed and broke on Jimbei's face with apparently no visible Armament Haki. Not only that, in the page where WW breaks his Haki-clad shigan fingers on Jimbei's body - he seems to have the black lightning motif surrounding him. Furthermore, Jimbei hurts WW's Armament-covered wrists without apparently using Haki and again, the black lightning motif is present

Last edited:
So I got the feeling that Jimbei might have used Advanced Haki or Conquerors' Haki in this chapter ... In one of the earlier panels WW's fang pistol had cut through Jimbei's Haki-clad arm and drawn blood but later on a point-blank fang pistol simply crashed and broke on Jimbei's face with apparently no visible Armament Haki. Not only that, in the page where WW breaks his Haki-clad shigan fingers on Jimbei's body - he seems to have the black lightning motif surrounding him. Furthermore, Jimbei hurts WW's Armament-covered wrists without apparently using Haki and again, the black lightning motif is present
No, that's just further proof that black lightning isn't = conqueror, it's simply a clash of haki, be it Buso or Haoshoku.

I believe each variant of Haki can be mastered in a way.

Katakuri learned to see the future consistently instead of having random premonitions that weren't clear.

Jinbe in this case is "advanced" in Koka, as he's probably the first person we see to outright break someone else's Haki protection (I don't consider cases like Katakuri/Doffy vs Luffy as this, since they simply "hurt" him through it, whereas Jinbe just destroys their body despite the protection being there).

No, that's just further proof that black lightning isn't = conqueror, it's simply a clash of haki, be it Buso or Haoshoku.
We see the black lightning coming off of Jinbe's body like an aura when WW recoiled from his fingers snapping. But even if that's supposed to indicate its power, it's inconsistent asf.
  • Or the lightning indicates Haki being overpowered, since we see Jinbe not using Haki when breaking WW's wrists.
----

Power-scaling derail: Jinbe (Max) > Fang Pistol > WW Hybrid Rokushiki (w/Haki. Shigan specifically) >/~ Jinbe (Haki/Normal) > WW Hybrid (Haki) and so on 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back