• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1018: Jinbe V.S Who's Who (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Last edited:
Who's Who: ... And with all that said and done, know Jinbe, that you are now aware of the entirety of my life story. Now, let's talk about something else. You ever hear about the tragedy of--

Jinbe: Hey, guess what?

Who's Who: ?

Jinbe: Secret Technique.

Who's Who: Ah, Fu--

But forreal. WW is incapable of shutting up at this point. I want Jinbe to just walk up and gut punch ohko him.

Since the chapter is called Jinbe vs Who's Who, i'm hoping the climax of the fight ends here. Sorry to WW fans, but he should not be capable of a 3+ chapter long bout with the fish-man karate GOD.

Since the chapter is called Jinbe vs Who's Who, i'm hoping the climax of the fight ends here. Sorry to WW fans, but he should not be capable of a 3+ chapter long bout with the fish-man karate GOD.
Kinda wish Tama would stop taking up screen time as well.

Looks like some solid World Building this week.
Sound really good, i'm particularly intrigued with "Sun God" myth.
The Sun God/The Sun/the Dawn has been a reoccuring theme for a while now. Lots of hints towards peoples who worship a second coming of OP jesus to save the world from the darkness and have assimilated something resembling the sun into their symbols. I doubt this God will actually have solar powers but the theme is there and most likely is meant to be symbolic as the sun represents life & freedom.

But forreal. WW is incapable of shutting up at this point. I want Jinbe to just walk up and gut punch ohko him.
SSHHHH you we want some world building for a few chapters!

Sound really good, i'm particularly intrigued with "Sun God" myth.
Reminds me of the "Helos" myth from Shingeki no Kyojin. Of course, SnK being what it is, it actually turned out to be a fabrication but the narrative of One Piece is not nearly as cynical as SnK and a lot more optimistic, so this "Sun God" is probably real

i feel like that nika person was the previous user of the gomu gomu no mi, consider its body looks strangely like luffys.

I love how the CP-0 acknowledge Jinbe as a power-house, doubting that Who's Who would get out of the battle alive since Jinbe was his opponent. Great hype for the fish god.

Who's Who is impressing me so far, but it's expected since his Shigan technique (the fang one) is an AP enhancing technique. It's definitely clear Jinbe is the superior physical force though.

And HOLY HELL, I was not expecting to see what I feared most for a Shigan user!!! Oda explicitly showing the user SNAP their fingers on something too hard :O.

Jinbe's Buso: Koka technique seems to be the Haki he is particularly skilled in. Even against other Koka users, his Haki is just WAY too tough for them to even damage him through.

He is definitely the shell of the crew. The most durable for sure. Makes you wonder if Zoro can even pierce his skin (without Enma amp ofc).

Last edited:
And HOLY HELL, I was not expecting to see what I feared most for a Shigan user!!! Oda explicitly showing the user SNAP their fingers on something too hard :O.
That sounds like something out of Baki or Kengan Ashura

Jinbe's Buso: Koka technique seems to be the Haki he is particularly skilled in. Even against other Koka users, his Haki is just WAY too tough for them to even damage him through.
Not surprising as he did no-sell an attack from Big Mom (albeit in a weakened state)

Sounds like a mostly physical chapter with lots of action. Should be amazing when the pics drop. As a minimum we know Who's Who is very powerful, jinbei gets some new moves because of how powerful Who's Who is including rage empowerment.

I doubt this is it for the feline though as he hasn't used Life Return.

I agree, with how resilient oda has portrayed ancient zoans I can't imagine Who's Who being finished. I think with Jinbe's attack striking his face it will reveal what Who's Who looks like under his mask.

Sounds like a mostly physical chapter with lots of action. Should be amazing when the pics drop. As a minimum we know Who's Who is very powerful, jinbei gets some new moves because of how powerful Who's Who is including rage empowerment.

Oh yeah, I very much doubt Who's Who is down (But wouldn't be surprised if he was). Jinbe may be a physical monster, but Ancient Zoan users might as well be the pinnacle for physical power and durability. Not to mention it's already been established how tenacious they are similarly to the Awakened Impel Down Zoans.

From Jinbe's perspective, it seemed this chapter that he was fighting with his "normal" strength, and didn't see Who's Who as a genuine threat, but as he still lost blood using his Busoshoku Protection, he got serious.
  • Perhaps Jinbe has more strength to spare, since he really seems to be the type to "use only what he needs"

Not gonna lie though, when Jinbe bled from the fang pistol he deflected, I thought I saw his arm falling off and was thinking "Excuse me?"

I already accept the fact that Who's Who (with Fang Pistol) scales to Jinbe when he's not fully amp'd via Haki. So basically, Jinbe (Haki) > Who's Who w/ Fang Pistol > Who's Who w/ Haki (in Hybrid form) > Jinbe (No amp) ~/> Gear 2nd Luffy Dressrosa Arc.

Edit: Wait, was Jinbe actually using Busoshoku towards the end? I didn't see the blackening effect outside of the lightning coming off of his body once he started breaking WW's bones. Was he simply just holding back?

Last edited:
Tbf, I would say Jinbe = Ace when both are fighting at 100%. I mean, they fought for 5 days, you'd think if either of them had strength to spare, they'd go for it LOL

Jinbe/Ace > WW w/ Fang Pistol > WW w/ Haki > Jinbe (Normal) >/= Gear 2nd Luffy

Life Return isn't exactly an AP amp in any regards. Lucci used it to make his body more lean so that he could have an agility boost, but it really seemed like he lost power unless I'm remembering the anime instead of manga.

@Dr.Fix - Would you agree that Who's Who is the physically weakest Ancient Zoan among the Tobi Roppo for the sole fact that he's using a Saber Tooth zoan, which should not be as powerful or durable as a Dino-Zoan, but his Rokushiki elevates them to be equal if not stronger than some/most of them?

Black Maria's spider fruit may also be "weaker" but I don't know anything about prehistoric spiders LOL.

Could've sworn that they implied that Page One is the weakest
I am only saying in terms of base physicals WW Zoan could be < the rest.

Rokushiki involves several amps, Shigan specificially being an AP boost. WW w/ Rokushiki could very easily be stronger and faster than Page One even if he's slightly weaker without it.

@CinCameron20 Good question. I have given some thought to their different abilities so while they are "equal" they have certain strengths

Sasaki: Defense
Who's Who: Speed
Black Maria: Intelligence & Binding Strength

But these were purely speculation. In a vers as crazy as Oda's One Piece I take considerations like yours with a grain of salt. Yes a spider should be weak compared to a dinosaur however gram for gram a spider is actually very strong for its size and Black Maria in her Hybrid form is as big if not bigger than the others. Also keep in mind her's is also a prehistoric model like the others and I am not sure the specifics about that particular sub-species of spider. She could very well be the strongest in terms of pure brawn ¯\(ツ)

I am only saying in terms of base physicals WW Zoan could be < the rest.
From an irl perspective, I understand and can agree. In a fictional perspective, it's hard tbh.
Rokushiki involves several amps, Shigan specificially being an AP boost. WW w/ Rokushiki could very easily be stronger and faster than Page One even if he's slightly weaker without it.
That's true, but you do remember, Rokushiki masters still have incredible base stats that put them above others.
Like it's like saying Queen might be superior when he uses his lasers and mech when we'd assume it's just base stats

Also keep in mind her's is also a prehistoric model like the others and I am not sure the specifics about that particular sub-species of spider. She could very well be the strongest in terms of pure brawn ¯\(ツ)
Yeah, Maria is in a 2v1 fight with Robin and Brook, so I would not be surprised if she happens to be among the strongest Tobi Roppo. She didn't even care about challenging a Lead Performer and opt'd to simp for Kaido lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back