• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1007: Mr. Racoon dog (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with Shiki that was a prequel to Strong World? Yeah, iirc it is.

Also, LMAO, i just want to add that Strong World was one of my main reasons to start watching OP.

Also, LMAO, i just want to add that Strong World was one of my main reasons to start watching OP.
That's nice to know, I started OP because of the original G4.

I asked about Strong World because at the end of the chapter
2798fc77-e56a-47cf-9a87-73cdd3771dc7.png

So 20 years is during the current story...
And Oda wrote Strong World the movie...
Canon Movie Alert?????

I think it is more a indication of his relation with Wano and Kaido than the Movie being canon, but anyway.

That's nice to know, I started OP because of the original G4.

I asked about Strong World because at the end of the chapter
2798fc77-e56a-47cf-9a87-73cdd3771dc7.png

So 20 years is during the current story...
And Oda wrote Strong World the movie...
Canon Movie Alert?????

I remember watching some theories predicting Shiki to be the true overseer of Wano, i wish this could’ve been true, but too bad it is incredibly unlikely to be the case anymore.

I remember watching some theories predicting Shiki to be the true overseer of Wano, i wish this could’ve been true, but too bad it is incredibly unlikely to be the case anymore.
Kurozumi Higurashi, the user of the Clone Clone Fruit, has Shiki's face btw.

It's a bunch of cover stories
Thank you.

I really liked this chapter, as with the previous ones, the secondary characters are finally receiving some spotlight (like Nami and Brook at Whole Cake), and Chopper is even one of my favourites, and seeing him employing his medical abilities really made me happy. And the part about him slapping Queen was amazing, with everyone surprised (this may also grant some upgrades in intelligence and strength for the monster point 👀).

I'm conflicted about Oden, but I can't really be disappointed that much, he immediately became one of my favourite characters and his flashback was incredible, in him you could see the will to go on adventures, be free, dream and see the world, which to me is the very concept around which the manga has always revolved.

I just feel like the stakes aren’t as high they should be tbh. I expected almost all the scabbards to die, with maybe the more relevant ones surviving, but no they all survived, and not a single one seems to be in critical condition .

They are literally fighting two yonko and nobody important has died yet (if you considered Yasuie a important character, sure, his death was sad, but I don’t.)

No offense to Hyogoro but his death this episode would have made the chapter better overall and the stakes higher, and his goodbye speech was really awesome, but Oda just decided to bamboozle us once again. I’m not even mad though, I honestly expected hyogoro to survive anyway.

This only confirmed to me that i should not expect any semi relevant character to die if their death is left as a cliffhanger.

Last edited:
I just feel like the stakes aren’t as high they should be tbh. I expected almost all the scabbards to die, with maybe the more relevant ones surviving, but no they all survived, and not a single one seems to be in critical condition .

They are literally fighting two yonko and nobody important has died yet (if you considered Yasuie a important character, sure, his death was sad, but I don’t.)

No offense to Hyogoro but his death this episode would have made the chapter better overall and the stakes higher, and his goodbye speech was really awesome, but Oda just decided to bamboozle us once again. I’m not even mad though, I honestly expected hyogoro to survive anyway.

This only confirmed to me that i should not expect any semi relevant character to die if their death is left as a cliffhanger.
It's One Piece bro. Oda doesn't just throw deaths around like that. I think he has a soft spot for his creations

Honestly there should be deaths in this one, you’re fighting two of the strongest and their crews who are very willing to kill, if Oda refuses to kill anyone important then it takes any sort of suspense away cause you know regardless of what happens the SHs will win with no major casualties.

I think the most important question i:, how many deaths outside of flashbacks do we really have? The number isn't that big to begin with.

Last edited:
It was mainly MF afaik, I just think that this event warrents a few deaths not even from the SHs but the Scabbards, they literally went like 1v8 against arguably the strongest current character whos more than willing to kill yet none seem to even be in critical condition. The only relevant injury was an arm which can just be reattached by Law.

It just feels anti-climactic that even against two Top Tiers of the verse plus their strong crews, none of which have an issue with killing, that theres no death. It just means that we shouldnt worry during any other fight cause if they dont cause death than no one should.

Just seems to easy.

I have more problem with things being predictable than no one dying, Hyogoro's cliffhanger having a predictable result is worse than his death/survival by itself.

It just feels anti-climactic that even against two Top Tiers of the verse plus their strong crews, none of which have an issue with killing, that theres no death. It just means that we shouldnt worry during any other fight cause if they dont cause death than no one should.

Just seems to easy.
This is just me but I think there are going to be deaths in Wano ... Remember Marineford? Everything was going so well - they rescued Ace and were ready to pull back but then it just happened and suddenly Ace and Whitebeard are both dead

It's One Piece bro. Oda doesn't just throw deaths around like that. I think he has a soft spot for his creations
Exactly. One Piece can get very serious at times, but Oda is still trying to spread encouragement to the global fight against tyranny for a world in dire need of it. It doesn't give in to despair.

This is just me but I think there are going to be deaths in Wano ... Remember Marineford? Everything was going so well - they rescued Ace and were ready to pull back but then it just happened and suddenly Ace and Whitebeard are both dead
That is also possible, yes.

I dont know I just think the Scabbards being fine just seems like such a stretch given what they went through.

At least put them in bad condition.

They are in bad condition, but given that they were greatly superhuman to start with, they are still able to move, much like Whitebeard did despite the severe sword wound.

I think Marco is likely the one to die... just to revive with his awakening, but not by King's hand obviously.

I think Marco is likely the one to die... just to revive with his awakening, but not by King's hand obviously.

Huh, that’s bold. But actually a pretty neat idea and goes well with the mythology. Maybe Marco can only truly die of old age or if he gets killed while contained by seastone.

They are in bad condition, but given that they were greatly superhuman to start with, they are still able to move, much like Whitebeard did despite the severe sword wound.
Ehhh but WB was made out to be special cause hes well... WB, it just seems none of their conditions seems all that bad.

I do plan on rereading the chapter since when I read it I just woke up and was kinda out of it, so maybe when I look at it again my opinion will change.

I guess I just think they got off to easy for fighting Kaido like that.

Well, Big Mom likely electrocuted them by surprise, and then they were moved out of the way before either of the Yonko bothered to finish them off.

Well, Big Mom likely electrocuted them by surprise, and then they were moved out of the way before either of the Yonko bothered to finish them off.
Well there was the time period where they fought Human Form Kaido and prior to BM arriving, iirc they where already down where BM got there.

I felt like Kaido just treated them as unruly children that need a good whack and a nap to calm down, which a big insult to their pride. Their greatest enemy didn’t see a need to kill them and brush them aside as insignificant. They went to the roof, expecting to either kill their enemy or die trying and they got neither.

tbf, Whitebeard's death was something we knew would happen since Squardo stabbed him. It was stated multiple times. The only death that came as a surprise was Ace's, really.

As for Onigashima, it would really undermine the competence of the Yonko if almost every main character got out alive or unscathed, so I have hopes that there will be high stakes. There's a number of people I would expect to die:
  • Law - Most obvious. He might give his life to restore Luffy's assuming the latter takes a fatal blow from Kaido or BM. His respect for Luffy has been apparent since Dressrosa, and he's been questioning his purpose ever since Doflamingo's defeat.
  • Marco - It's likely, but i doubt it. He does not really seem to have any major purpose in the story at this point, and he's still got to deal with King (who has yet to do anything notable despite his rank. Both Katakuri and Marco proved themselves very capable before being taken out. King just clapped Sanji and did nothing else).
  • Any of the Scabbards. Frankly, I would be surprised if they all lived through this. I'm a little annoyed that Kaido defeated all of them, but left them alive despite landing fatal blows earlier in the battle (Removing Kiku's entire arm, for example).
  • Killer. Just to raise the stakes. His backstory was already "revealed" by Kid, and he doesn't have any notable arc outside of being Kid's #2.
  • I suspected Hyo to die, but that seems nearly impossible now.
Honestly, there's more potential deaths to bring up, but those are the ones that I think would happen at this point. Law surviving past this arc would be a BIG surprise.

Law - Most obvious. He might give his life to restore Luffy's assuming the latter takes a fatal blow from Kaido or BM. His respect for Luffy has been apparent since Dressrosa, and he's been questioning his purpose ever since Doflamingo's defeat.

I find law’s death in Wano unlikely even if it’s a popular theory. Law declared his new goal after reading the Poneglyph, why would Oda bother to write all of that just to kill him here when he didn’t even come close to discovering anything about the Ds?

I do believe he will die sacrificing himself to save someone, but only in a future arc, where he achieved or came close to achieving his goal and his doubts about Corazon’s good intentions are finally subsided.

And last but not least, Law is incredibly popular, we all know how Oda refuses to kill characters, even if they aren’t really relevant or loved. But then again, he did kill Ace so it might happen idk...

Killer. Just to raise the stakes. His backstory was already "revealed" by Kid, and he doesn't have any notable arc outside of being Kid's #2.
One thing I am nearly certain of is that Oda will not kill any character just to raise the stakes. However, like I said, I do believe there are going to be good guy deaths in this arc (in addition to Yasuie who has already died)

I doubt that Marco will die before the Straw Hat crew deals with Blackbeard. He has a major grudge to settle there after all.

I also doubt that Law will die. Remember that he has the ability to make somebody else immortal at the cost of his own life. I think that will become a plot point. In addition, he is one of Oda's best characters.

I think Marco might be killed while fighting Kaido and healing some damage the Supernovas got off-screen, but he will revert to either a child or an egg a la Anivia (League of Legends), i think that's the only interesting and non lethal way of rising the stakes, even if just a bit.

Seen a theory about it not actually being oden. They say it's actually a teapot which had eaten the tanuki devil fruit. The title "tanuki/racoon dog" was to play with the readers. Oda was simply baiting the readers to think it was about chopper.

Seen a theory about it not actually being oden. They say it's actually a teapot which had eaten the tanuki devil fruit. The title "tanuki/racoon dog" was to play with the readers. Oda was simply baiting the readers to think it was about chopper.
if it isnt tho...

Bump anime episode dropped.

If the anime was canon I would’ve worked on Prime Rayleigh and Gaban profiles.

Rayleigh blocked Marco with a Buso finger? No wonder it hurt when he flicked Luffy.

Gaban matched Oden? Roger Pirates is full of people who can beat Kaido lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back