• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Life Is But A Dream: Sonic Dream Team CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup, everybody. I've got something to kick off 2024 for the Sonic profiles, so let's get to it.

Dr. Eggman's Additions
For starters, let's first cover what a lot of you probably wanna see: Nightmare Eggman. All of his ability additions can be found within this sandbox.

His AP will be rated as "At least Low 2-C", as none of the cast could fight him directly and they instead had to play a game of keep-away to rescue Ariem, and obviously Massively FTL+ in speed.

UpDATES Into Dreams
With the release of Dream Team, I've come to update my "Dreams are Conceptual" blog with extra justification stemming from the game offered us through its narrative. Some of this is slightly detailed in the cosmology blog relating to this thread, and I wanted to wait for that thread to finish before creating this one for primarily one reason.

Within a sandbox my blog is now an argument that I believe grants Illumina Nonduality with Aspect Type 2 (General Nonduality).
  • Fourth Dimensional Space, a location within Maginaryworld which is Illumina's dream that was recently accepted as a 5-D realm, harbors all other dream worlds and causes them to appear like projections on a screen when viewing them.
  • Despite warring ideas present throughout positive/negative dreams within Fourth Dimensional Space's expanse that become reality, including desires involving darkness of the heart (that would blatantly encompass evil desires from villains across the franchise), they ultimately had no consequence to Illumina until she began to doubt herself and split into Lumina and Void. No "lower" dream could ever impact her, as it took Illumina being de-powered and split apart to for her to even be in danger to begin with.
It's currently accepted already that the Chaos Emeralds allow for the vitality of living beings and are the supersubstance of dreams. This does NOT give the Emeralds Nonduality in itself in terms of their existence, but it DOES make the nature of their very energy nondual and grants the Chaos Emeralds a much stronger NPI.

Sonic Dream Team now has an entire section dedicated to it within the blog that furthers the existence as dreams being conceptual within the franchise (thank you, Dream Team). Additionally, the layers of abstraction discussed in certain threads are now properly documented.

EDIT: Lastly, here's a bonus update to Illumina's profile. Currently a W.I.P., but it's probably already better than what's currently there.

The End!
And a happy 2024 to you all! Now either discuss or get out.

Staff Agree: 4 - LordGriffin1000 (Everything, neutral on Nonduality), Maverick Zero X, Planck69 (Same as LordGriffin), Starter Pack

Staff Neutral:

Staff Disagree:

Last edited:
Nondualism stuff makes my brain hurt but the rest seems good to me.

I’m still trying to make individual dreams (or at least Cyberspace) 5-D, would that change anything?

Nondualism stuff makes my brain hurt but the rest seems good to me.
Fair enough.
I’m still trying to make individual dreams (or at least Cyberspace) 5-D, would that change anything?
If each individual dream became 5-D, that'd be infinite 5-D (I assume you're still talking about that "other-dimensional" stuff from Otherworld Comedy). If only Cyber Space became 5-D, that'd just add another 5-D realm for the cosmology wipers. And make Illumina a greater level of 5-D, as she dreamt a 5-D realm into existence that can contain another one.

Fair enough.

If each individual dream became 5-D, that'd be infinite 5-D (I assume you're still talking about that "other-dimensional" stuff from Otherworld Comedy). If only Cyber Space became 5-D, that'd just add another 5-D realm for the cosmology wipers. And make Illumina a greater level of 5-D, as she dreamt a 5-D realm into existence that can contain another one.
Iirc Cyberspace counted as a dream

The only other thing is I’m still unsure whether the super-substance quote means the Emeralds are a super-substance people dream about, OR a substance that exists on a higher level than dreams, since it could be both.

The only other thing is I’m still unsure whether the super-substance quote means the Emeralds are a super-substance people dream about, OR a substance that exists on a higher level than dreams, since it could be both.
As far as we know, very few individuals were aware of the Chaos Emeralds since they were typically always residing in other dimensions (Special Stages) but fair since the Ancients had them.
i was replying while u edited 🫃 and if u didnt edit then shit im a schizo
Haha you're all good goat

I'm gonna keep repeating this until it sticks, I strongly recommend NOT adding new stuff to Illumina's profile until it actually gets fixed and updated with citations first. It's been almost two years now since I first brought up this issue and it still doesn't have any justification for the AE or even the type not to mention Void's P&A, seriously the Sonic Scholars can do better than this.

I'm gonna keep repeating this until it sticks, I strongly recommend NOT adding new stuff to Illumina's profile until it actually gets fixed and updated with citations first
You're making me feel like crap here amigo, at least I'm just updating a blog I've already worked on
It's been almost two years now since I first brought up this issue and it still doesn't have any justification for the AE or even the type not to mention Void's P&A, seriously the Sonic Scholars can do better than this.
To be absolutely blunt, I've been one of the only ones consistently working to actively revise the profiles of the verse and I have a list that I'm working on which Illumina just isn't part of yet. I feel at least since one half of her has a stronger profile and justifications, it could hold off better than profiles that are blatantly worse with less support. That isn't to say I haven't gotten help, but it's basically just a one-man show here.

You're making me feel like crap here amigo, at least I'm just updating a blog I've already worked on
Nah... I'm well aware of the detail and effort that went into the making that blog but I'm just venting general frustrations.
To be absolutely blunt, I've been one of the only ones consistently working to actively revise the profiles of the verse and I have a list that I'm working on which Illumina just isn't part of yet. I feel at least since one half of her has a stronger profile and justifications, it could hold off better than profiles that are blatantly worse with less support. That isn't to say I haven't gotten help, but it's basically just a one-man show here.
Tbh it's probably because you're one of the few active Sonic Scholars that known for high quality CRTs/revisions, is very knowledgeable about the verse and is considered trustworthy by both staff and users alike (its rare to have all these attributes at once) that said carrying such a massive verse on your shoulders is a unenviable task plus I seldom post CRTs myself since everytime I either end up (unintentionally) stepping on someone else's toes or I can only do small changes in the end. Again this is ment to be a fun little hobby for all participates involved but if it's just a one man show then something needs to change but I'll drop the subject since I don't want to derail this thread.

Imo I'm not a fan of tier 1 game Sonic plus I much prefer low tier or obscure character's get updated first but seeing one of the lynchpins of the cosmology having a subpar profile is just asking for future problems which will only make things more difficult for all of us in the long run.

Nah... I'm well aware of the detail and effort that went into the making that blog but I'm just venting general frustrations.
Then by all means, I really do appreciate that because it keeps me humble about the problems the verse still has.
I'll drop it too since you wanna avoid derailing but I just wanna say thank you for the kind words lol. Don't worry, Illumina will have her day

The changes have been applied, and the profiles are now locked again Thanks to everybody who showed up, whether you agreed with it or not. This can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back