• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It means that super forms and the core four from Shuffle resist conceptual destruction, and that Chaos energy may give conceptual destruction (aka all super forms and maybe entities that absorb Chaos energy in general will get it). All the cosmology wipers will also get conceptual destruction, along with Void from Shuffle, due to being able to destroy Maginaryworld, and Illumina gets both conceptual creation and destruction.

Last edited:
It means that super forms and the core four from Shuffle resist conceptual destruction, and that Chaos energy may give conceptual destruction (aka all super forms and maybe entities that absorb Chaos energy in general will get it).
Oh! I see, Thanks for telling.

Will say that according to the encyclopedia, dreams actually originate from Maginaryworld, which in that regard might mean they aren’t independent from the worlds they create.

Will say that according to the encyclopedia, dreams actually originate from Maginaryworld, which in that regard might mean they aren’t independent from the worlds they create.
Contradicted by Lumina saying that the dreams merely assemble there

You misunderstand, they're independent of the real world and thus that would qualify for a Type 1 concept in this instance. Dreams don't need to be independent of Maginaryworld. Also also, this is contradicted by the game itself. And considering the other errors in the Encyclopedia, that's not something I'm going to use to disregard everything the game shows and tells us.

How are dreams independent of the real world if they originate from the real world in the form of people and organisms.

How are dreams independent of the real world if they originate from the real world in the form of people and organisms.
Bad wording on my part, my b.
"These concepts shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in, and everything in it "participates" in these concepts" - Conceptual Manipulation page
Dreams assemble in Maginaryworld, which influence the level of reality they're in, all this stuff is in the blog.

Is it fair to say that all scenarios where the dreams create realistic worlds fall in the category of conceptual dreams or, is it unique to Sonic.

Is it fair to say that all scenarios where the dreams create realistic worlds fall in the category of conceptual dreams or, is it unique to Sonic.
I'm unsure what you mean. If you mean other unspecified dream worlds that exist within the verse, it should preferably either the back into the concept of what a "Dream" is (if released before Shuffle) or abide by what's established (if released after) to count as being a dream in Maginaryworld. For example, Cyber Space in Frontiers uses a lot of the similar language that is used in Shuffle to denote dreams and thus you could make a connection that their desires are partaking in Maginaryworld (especially when you consider the statement Lumina makes extending dreams to those who "travel between the ocean of stars").

If you're talking about separate verses, the verse would have to give information regarding it that lines up with Type 1 CM (for example, a large part of WHY Dreams are a Type 1 concept is both from how they're described and because Maginaryworld is specifically noted to be a separate realm that gathers all of the dreams from the multiverse, making it quasi-independent of the cosmology in terms of its functionality while still being a place found within the cosmology). And since all living things dream, yeah, you get the picture.

Kinda repeating what's in the blog but hopefully I answered what I thought you were asking.

I meant primarily realms designed to collect dreams together and then turn those dreams into life-size settings akin to Maginaryworld, is the general concept of that enough to grant dreams a conceptual status. I’m still not 100% on all the details of what defines a concept.

I think that it would be better for you guys to take this talk to the general discussion thread instead of here

I’m 99% sure dreams themselves aren’t the concepts only the two people who are fundamental abstract existences behind dreams but whatever this will be downgraded in a future thread.

I’m 99% sure dreams themselves aren’t the concepts only the two people who are fundamental abstract existences behind dreams
And Lumina and Void ARE the dreams. Did you read the blog or skim it at all?
but whatever this will be downgraded in a future thread.
Or we can shelve the game of tag and deal with it here where it's more convenient for everyone. Snip it in the bud.

Last edited:
To be fair, personally the only part i see here is concept is statement about destroy the very meaning of time. I'm not exactly buy the whole thing Dream being Concept, but since nowaday other verses, characters can get CM from smallest thing so i'm neutral, but look like this thread got accepted and applied

Oh, this has been accepted? Neat.

I'd still prefer if those who had qualms with this spoke up rather than flocking to a new thread to downgrade it the nanosecond this is finished, but we can't win 'em all. I'll be free to perform edits in half an hour or so.

i think i said my part already, but anyway, remember to add references when edit the profiles, also reference for the blog is also nice

lol, there is no separating into chapters, sagas or something similar????
Sagas in a Sonic video game, imagine lol. No, there's no chapter names or anything unless there's something I'm missing in the script. The best we have is names for locations afaik EDIT: Which admittedly is better than nothing

So, what is the extent of who gets concept hax. I.e. does every super form like PC, Devil Doom, Super Neo Metal get it, or does everything that absorbs the Chaos Emeralds power like Egg Salamander get it?

So, what is the extent of who gets concept hax. I.e. does every super form like PC, Devil Doom, Super Neo Metal get it, or does everything that absorbs the Chaos Emeralds power like Egg Salamander get it?
all of them are missing stuff anyways, a Chaos Energy page is being done that will also cover them

all in all, this thread is done and can be closed

Back