• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

I just flipped right as a sol thing went off, and the shit was slow mo'd. Was an accident, didn't think ya could even flurry that given it's nigh hitscan out of slow mo.

Not gonna promise anything, but i will attempt to cook after checking it a few more times.
Video or it didn't happen

I mean, I clipped it, but it's among the like 400 other clips now
No vid = didnt happen
ddc.jpg

The state of current Zelda debating:

Imagine a man running a marathon. He runs just fine but halfway through, he slows down dramatically, causing all the other runners to pass him. On the last mile gets a little faster, only to trip on the last meter of the race, hitting his head on the asphalt and dying instantly.

Imagine a man running a marathon. He runs just fine but halfway through, he slows down dramatically, causing all the other runners to pass him. On the last mile gets a little faster, only to trip on the last meter of the race, hitting his head on the asphalt and dying instantly.
“Womp womp”

~ Vaati probably

Then actually do something about it instead of complaining

Just digging through some TP stuff and I forgot how ass Zant's stamina is, I swear this dude would need to take 5 seconds to catch his breath after walking to the fridge

Just digging through some TP stuff and I forgot how ass Zant's stamina is, I swear this dude would need to take 5 seconds to catch his breath after walking to the fridge
I'm still kinda sore that Zant turned out to be a clown way over his head in TP. He made a great first impression. Well, it was obvious that Crenando was gonna take over, but still expected more. At least he got a better showing in Hyrule Warriors.

I'm still kinda sore that Zant turned out to be a clown way over his head in TP. He made a great first impression. Well, it was obvious that Crenando was gonna take over, but still expected more. At least he got a better showing in Hyrule Warriors.
One of the low points of TP in all honesty. It's my number one favorite Zelda game in the franchise and it sucks that Zant didn't get to shine through more after those first few impressions in the game, but... I do like how he went absolutely bat shit insane at the end there, so I guess it works out in the end.

But man do I ever crave for a Twilight Princess 2 or a continuation of that specific point in the child timeline, there's so much potential in the Twilight era and I don't want it to be left to only one game and a Dynasty Warriors spin off

One of the low points of TP in all honesty. It's my number one favorite Zelda game in the franchise and it sucks that Zant didn't get to shine through more after those first few impressions in the game, but... I do like how he went absolutely bat shit insane at the end there, so I guess it works out in the end.
Yeah as much as I love TP it kinda sucks how Zant turned out in the end. I think the story would've benefited if they didn't force Nando in there as the true main villain and instead focused more on Zant and his hatred he felt for the Twili being banished by the gods.

I honestly wish Zant’s fight was harder. If it was harder that would still have his previous showings pay off AND let there be a reveal that he’s basically the Joker at the same time.

I honestly wish Zant’s fight was harder. If it was harder that would still have his previous showings pay off AND let there be a reveal that he’s basically the Joker at the same time.
Hmmm... I see your point. To be honest, I agree with Unknown that him Zant being a nutcase wasn't bad per se and could have been well used to show him as dangerous or unpredictable, just like the Joker, given his ominous presence from before as well. But they instead made him just Ganondorf's tool and all.

But man do I ever crave for a Twilight Princess 2 or a continuation of that specific point in the child timeline, there's so much potential in the Twilight era and I don't want it to be left to only one game and a Dynasty Warriors spin off
For what's worth, Twilight Princess has a manga. I've read around that it's pretty darn good. The artwork looks amazing at the very least.

At the time, Ganondorf coming back hadn’t even gotten close to old yet. In fact the common perception of Ganondorf (heavyweight sexyman) hadn’t really been made yet outside of Wind Waker. When TP was new, it was practically a better reveal than Loki being controlled by Thanos in the MCU.

At the time, Ganondorf coming back hadn’t even gotten close to old yet. In fact the common perception of Ganondorf (heavyweight sexyman) hadn’t really been made yet outside of Wind Waker. When TP was new, it was practically a better reveal than Loki being controlled by Thanos in the MCU.
Him coming back wasn't much of an issue, and to be fair he was pretty awesome in TP. But they could have handled Zant better. Show that Ganondorf was far more powerful and the one pulling the strings, but also show Zant as strong and competent on his own right even if crazy, instead of someone who got by with borrowed power and that truly was just over his head.

Him coming back wasn't much of an issue, and to be fair he was pretty awesome in TP. But they could have handled Zant better. Show that Ganondorf was far more powerful and the one pulling the strings, but also show Zant as strong and competent on his own right even if crazy, instead of someone who got by with borrowed power and that truly was just over his head.
I think the issue is that Zant himself isn’t supposed to know he’s over his head. At least it was nice to have some of the serious Zant back right after the boss fight and when he snapped his own neck at the end.

I think the issue is that Zant himself isn’t supposed to know he’s over his head. At least it was nice to have some of the serious Zant back right after the boss fight and when he snapped his own neck at the end.
Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Speaking of, what was the deal with Zant breaking his neck like that and Ganondorf dying right at the same time? It was creepy as hell.

One of the perks of their bond was that Ganondorf will stay alive as long a as Zant is. That’s why he resurrects Zant whether he needs him or not.

TP manga is good, but it ain't very high, maybe High 8-C at best. Speedwise is prob only FTE to supersonic.

Only the Shade worth doing a profile for tbh, which, I plan to, just low on the list.

Ill probably do a quick Totk CRT in a few days, replaying it and there's quite a few neat things (Ive got like 800 clips, some decent uncalced feats (8-A and a few 7-C/B ones so that's neat, also some good LS calcs), scaling, abilities, etc, stuff that wil need a more dedicated and long CRT. But a few things are just shit that Link should have, but doesn't, and given I ain't overhauling his ass because that'd take me a year, I don't mind just making a quick standalone CRT for a few things.

Ill probably do a quick Totk CRT in a few days, replaying it and there's quite a few neat things (Ive got like 800 clips, some decent uncalced feats (8-A and a few 7-C/B ones so that's neat, also some good LS calcs), scaling, abilities, etc, stuff that wil need a more dedicated and long CRT. But a few things are just shit that Link should have, but doesn't, and given I ain't overhauling his ass because that'd take me a year, I don't mind just making a quick standalone CRT for a few things.
What will it add? And more importantly, which profiles?

Back