• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem 2

WeeklyBattles said:
Considering Galio remembers fighting him as well, yes, he is reliable
Interesting suggestion, care to back it? Because Galio's only quote related to Sion I can find is:

• "Hahaha! Ours would be a fight for the ages! They'd find pieces of us for miles around!"
Which suggests they did not, ever, fight as of yet. 'Would' is future tense. Granted Galio's quotes aren't anymore canon than Sion's so...

Also on an anecdotal note- I was there for that conversation on the Boards when the new Galio was released and the Rioter at the time admitted they had no idea how Sion was actually able to fight Galio. They had to guess just as much as the fans.

The Comics are canon yes, they count as Stories. Ashe's Warmother is on the front page of Universe.

@Friendly, so you support my point about said rivalry being more of a conflict between the ideals of Demacia and Noxus, since both Galio and Sion are the colossus of said nations?

SchroKatze said:
@Friendly, so you support my point about said rivalry being more of a conflict between the ideals of Demacia and Noxus, since both Galio and Sion are the colossus of said nations?
That frankly makes a lot more sense for Sion especially.

I'm pretty sure Sion tells Galio that they have fought hundreds of times. That certainly implies actual fighting, not just their ideals fighting.

@Hykuu

While true, Galio's lore also states he's only been activated a few handfuls of times, which doesn't really make sense for him to have battled Sion a thousand times in that case.

In addition Galio's own line seems to imply his and Sion's battle, if it were to happen as he speaks in future-tense, would be devastating and they'd be scattered for miles; which neither lore supports having occurred.

I will also point out the context for one of those links I provided above was a Rioter admitting often rivals were suggested before the lore existed properly, not because it made sense, which was why Zed once was a rival to Syndra but is no longer such.

Which is why, again, stuff such as quotes and listed rivals shouldn't be cared about for canon, instead going with Stories and Bios- coincidentally what the Lead Narrative Editor stated was the best approach to canon. The comics count as Stories so it's not like it's axing off anything important anyways. Just cinematics and in-game stuff. It's regrettable since the cinematics are awesome (and also absolutely showed the characters not being hypersonic) but Rioters have admitted League the Lore and League the Game are two separate entities.

@Friendly There is no reason whatsoever to just blatantly ignore things that are canon just becuase you personally d not want to use them. They are canon.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Friendly There is no reason whatsoever to just blatantly ignore things that are canon just becuase you personally d not want to use them. They are canon.
If Galio's lore states that he's only been activated a few times, then that contradicts with any statement that they've fought over a thousand times. This seems like a good reason not to use it.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
"A thousand times" is clearly an exaggeration. It means they fought multiple times
Weekly didn't seem to take it as an exaggeratio for scaling purposes.

But even if it is, I'm finding it hard to buy that they would have fought many times before, considering Galio has only been activated a few times. It's not like Sion fought Galio every time he was activated, right?

Would it be possible for the beast that Galio fought in lore to be Sion?

Also I never took the statement literally, just that they've fought multiple times

So, how are we going to resolve that two of the game quotes directly contradict each other?

"We've clashed a thousand times... no more!"
Implying they've fought many times before.

"Hahaha! Ours would be a fight for the ages! They'd find pieces of us for miles around!"
Implying they've never fought before.

Considering that Demacia and Noxus have been fighting basically ever since they were created, Noxus is more than willing to use mages which is why Galio exists in the first place, and Sion has been around since the early days of what is now known as Noxus its reallt not a stretch to say that theyve fought on multiple occasions

@Assalt In Weekly's blog you said that Miss Fortune's Supersonic bullet-dodging feat was invalid. According to Weekly, you later agreed in chat that it is valid. What's your stance on it now and why did it change?

EDIT: Also, what's your evaluation on this feat of Ekko dodging a pistol?

You know, this is some annoying and somewhat shady stuff to be discussing feats outside the blog made for discussing said feats.

@Agnaa while I'm not Assalt I will point out the listed bullet feats in the blog:

For Miss Fortune allows for aimdodging and the shooter being unskilled with the weapons

For Twisted Fate explicitly states he IS aimdodging

And for Pantheon is apparently only just barely dodging since the bullet still hit his helmet

And now you just posted a feat of Ekko very much not dodging a pistol round because it still caught his time machine

How about that? That's almost... dare I say- consistent?

Its not shady to discuss things outside a blog wtf? You are saying because a blog was made we cant talk about league feats anywhere that is not in it? That makes no sense. And honestly sounds very paranoid.

@Friendly You do know that basically evwryone other than you has been talking about this thread offsite right? Even regis has

Then why instead of calling him out on it just give him y'alls discord tags or a server link (pretty sure that's where the discussions took place, or should anyway)

Rocker1189 said:
Its not shady to discuss things outside a blog wtf? You are saying because a blog was made we cant talk about league feats anywhere that is not in it? That makes no sense. And honestly sounds very paranoid.
I said 'somewhat' shady though perhaps it's not the correct word. Isn't the point of the blog to have an "official" discussion of feats so that anyone when looking at links and such can find it?

Agnaa already asked about the sort of thing I would expect being a consequence of that, Assalt said one thing here and another thing elsewhere according to him/her/it, and Agnaa doesn't know which is accurate.

I never said anything about not being able to discuss other league feats anywhere else. However if it's debate about a feat being questioned in this blog I should think said conversation should be in said blog shouldn't it? Where all sides can weigh in on it?

well yeah of course discussion would be in the main thread but it does not mean that people with contact to each other wont be talking about it either.

Also the fact that this thread is going to end up with a part 3 despite having more than enough agreements for quite some time to be applied really shows how this is being purposely dragged out for little to no reason other than personal grievances

Or that there aren't any rock solid arguments presented by either side? Or that just further shows why y'all should just make a discord group and discuss this instead of dragging the thread?

Except there are as everyone except Schro and friendly are perfectly fine with applying the changes, with the only issue being the Hypersonic feat which has been agreed to be left out until it can be better evaluated

WeeklyBattles said:
Also the fact that this thread is going to end up with a part 3 despite having more than enough agreements for quite some time to be applied really shows how this is being purposely dragged out for little to no reason other than personal grievances
You going to actualy count all the people that disagreed with you? Thus far I've only seen you count those who agree but never counted those that didn't. Which no offense comes across as bias because there's been more than just two people disagreeing with some of these feats and your claims.

And I frankly want these same "agreement" people to actually voice what they agree with demonstrating knowledge of the feats and material in question. Because thus far the only "hypersonic" showings are:

Shen- which you insist is speed and I insist is teleportation. Since you are asserting it's speed the burden of proof is on you to prove it's actually speed or acknowledge you cannot do so. It's right in the middle of a paragraph talking about him moving between worlds which is not speed- but teleportation between dimensions.

Illaoi- which is moving clouds and isn't combat speed in the first place. Nor is it technically Illaoi herself that does this.

Galio- which uses a timeframe that doesn't exist (0:00 in a video) as evidence and so is no reliable calc. Not to mention it's a Loading Screen and not any actual Lore.

Skarl- which nobody scales to even assuming Kled gave an accurate account of events (and Kled is not reliable).

Yasuo- Perhaps the one hypersonic feat that was actually combat. And it was coincidentally a magical explosion of energy that is being assumed as a real-life explosive velocity for some reason.

Pantheon- An incorrect calc because as I pointed out repeatedly in this thread (and has conveniently never been addressed AFAIK) the enemy was already on the mountain earlier in the story and "high" up the mountain when Pantheon showed up so at minimum it needs halved. Which will make Assalt's low-ball no longer hypersonic.

Edit: To be clear I have not seen abundant evidence in the thread that it's already agreed they're not hypersonic, in which case I would withdraw my objections as subsonic/supersonic would correctly apply to most of the characters as we see them consistently only barely able to deal with bullets or not able to deal with them at all.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that I said that were not using Hypersonic anymore. Yup that's about what I expected, thanks for confirming that what I said is true

"Edit: To be clear I have not seen abundant evidence in the thread that it's already agreed they're not hypersonic, in which case I would withdraw my objections as subsonic/supersonic would correctly apply to most of the characters as we see them consistently only barely able to deal with bullets or not able to deal with them at all."

If we want to go ahead and go with universal subsonic until other feats can be added onto appropriate characters I am fine with that, but except Pantheon I agree with Friendly on why those feats are not reliable/valid.

He doesn't need to post proof, he is going off the same proof as you, he is just clarifying his take on it.

"

And for Pantheon is apparently only just barely dodging since the bullet still hit his helmet" (unless your scan doesn't state that.)

except he does need to post proof as that is how a debate works

Pantheon is still hypersonic via grand skyfall

"except he does need to post proof"

my dude the proof is already there, why would he need to post a scan when you did it for him?

"

An incorrect calc because as I pointed out repeatedly in this thread (and has conveniently never been addressed AFAIK) the enemy was already on the mountain earlier in the story and "high" up the mountain when Pantheon showed up so at minimum it needs halved. Which will make Assalt's low-ball no longer hypersonic."

this is the grand skyfall, right? if so here's his take on it

He has posted no proof whatsoever to back up anything he says as being true. We will not accept an argument solely based on opinion with no evidence to back it up as legitimate

Without evidence implying he didn't jump the full mountain I think assuming anything but that is overly skeptical.

If there is evidence that he didn't jump the full mountain I'd like to see it, please.

Edit: With to without.

WeeklyBattles said:
He has posted no proof whatsoever to back up anything he says as being true. We will not accept an argument solely based on opinion with no evidence to back it up as legitimate
holy shit

again, why would he post proof when most of his arguments are equally valid assumptions due to how ambigous the scans are, or flat out self-debunking scans?

Because without proof to show otherwise there is no reason to assume he didnt jump the full height of the mountain

Back