• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem 2

Actually, its the opposite thats true. You should prove that Pantheon jumped the full height of the mountain, specially when the scan you used to prove that says that the targets were high up the mountain

Where does the scan say that they were high up? Just quote that part. This shouldn't be hard if it is there.

They attacked a number of isolated villages, slaughtering and pillaging, before pushing on toward a Solari shrine high upon the mountai. The guards there were heavily outnumbered, yet they stood ready to die defending the relics and mystics within.
The four stars of the Pantheon constellation pulsed brightly, then turned dark overhead. Simultaneously, the burning light of a falling star appeared within the ethereal city and streaked toward the ground.
It screamed
toward the temple, moving at astonishing speed, and the barbarians prayed to their heathen gods in quivering voices. The streaming light slammed down, striking the ground between the two forces with an earth-shattering impact.''

Assalt, since you're here could you respond to this earlier post?

Agnaa said:
@Assalt In Weekly's blog you said that Miss Fortune's Supersonic bullet-dodging feat was invalid. According to Weekly, you later agreed in chat that it is valid. What's your stance on it now and why did it change?

EDIT: Also, what's your evaluation on this feat of Ekko dodging a pistol?
I'm trying to figure out a Supersonic scaling chain but the feats need to be valid first.

My stance never changed and I've always argued against using the MF dodge. Last chat I have on record with Weekly about that topic was 3/7/19, and at the end of that before the topic changed I was still adamantly against it being valid.

So no. I never agreed to using that and I have zero clue why Weekly claimed I did.

The further argument is one of the main reasons I'm against using it, always was, and until compelling evidence is presented, will be.

Also I mean to say "why" not "what". Nothing implies that I agreed with using it in our convo. I was still against it being valid until the I changed the topic a little while after. I never conceded, implied I was beginning to doubt, and certainly never said I agree with using it.

Over 450 posts, we might need a new thread soon.

Since I'm not getting much further just discussing the Miss Fortune feat with Weekly, what are everyone else's thoughts on whether this feat counts as valid or not?

On this feat, Assalt has said:

MF dodges: Aimdodge or a miss from the shooter. She specifically states that if he fires again it will kill her. Invalid
And Weekly has said:

except it wasnt an aimdodge as he literally swung around to shoot her and fired immediately, and he didnt miss in any way, she visiby dodged the shot. It would kill her because its a tier 7 gun not because she cant dodge it

But it's not ready to be applied...

@Weekly What exactly has Friendly agreed with being applied?

@Friendly What exactly have you agreed with being applied?

@Weekly Also, what exactly do you want to apply right now? Since you've dropped universal Hypersonic, Assalt's agreed with universal Subsonic, but you've been pushing for universal Supersonic in DMs. Friendly's agreed with universal Subsonic/Supersonic (hasn't specified which), and no-one else has commented on it.

What is the new speed that's "ready to be applied" (with two people agreeing with it)?

All of the reasoning changes and applying subsonic with at least Subsonic+ reactions and combat speed which can be adjust ed later once we get the supersonic feats evaluated

WeeklyBattles said:
All of the reasoning changes and applying subsonic with at least Subsonic+ reactions and combat speed which can be adjust ed later once we get the supersonic feats evaluated
Why can't we just wait for the Supersonic feats to be evaluated, so we don't have to do two equally large revisions within a month?

I don't know why doing the same work twice is easier.

I think it could be Supersonic, I pretty much agree that around a dozen characters are Hypersonic, the feats just need to get evaluated.

Bumping this. Why are voice lines canon even though they're not on Universe, Riot's hub of canon materials?

Agnaa said:
Wouldn't voice lines being canon go against some of the quotes from Riot staff that Friendly brought up?

Because contrary to Friendly's belief, things dont have to be on universe to be canon

If there is nothing contradicting the lines, they are considered canon

WeeklyBattles said:
Because contrary to Friendly's belief, things dont have to be on universe to be canon
Can you show some statements of them confirming things that aren't on universe to be canon?

Do they ever describe the limits of what's canon but not on Universe?

"Also, Dialogue doesn't seem to be consistent with canon

like, for example

the institute was made non canon

""So can we get a solid, 100% certain, that Summoners, the Institute, and all of that is no longer canon? This is nice and all, but it's only vague hints about what a lot of people want to hear. If you guys do indeed just want to start the narrative over, I completely stand by your choice to do so, but this transition so far is being handled somewhat awkwardly, and it'd be nice to know what really counts as "old lore" and "new lore". Of Gent Intent - 2 years ago""

""Good question! No, Summoners, the Fields of Justice and the Institute are not canon within the fictional world of Runeterra. In-game, players are still referred to as summoners - but summoners won't be part of the story. Carnival Knights - 2 years ago""

and Kled mentions it in his dialogue

" "Yeah, yeah, invade Ionia you said, it'll be fine you said!"
"Fine, you said!"

@Hykuu How exactly does that justify not using anything now? As the stuff that is being used is all quotes from new lore, not old lore

WeeklyBattles said:
@Hykuu How exactly does that justify not using anything now? As the stuff that is being used is all quotes from new lore, not old lore
that doesn't matter because it just shows that dialogue can have 0 care for canon, new lore or old lore doesn't matter, if kled did it why can't any other champ?

Youre really trying to use a champion who is canonically insane to try to discredit all voice lines? Really? Want to use Rek'Sai and Rammus to back up your argument?

And no, current voice lines show a great deal of care for lore, just look at illaoi, gangplank, and aatrox

"Youre really trying to use a champion who is canonically insane to try to discredit all voice lines? Really"

Him being insane would mean he can remember events which aren't even canon? ok

illaoi's how?

gangplank how?

same with aatrox

>Arent even canon

The noxian occupation of Ionia is very much canon, as are a lot of the battles Kled rambles about

Illaoi and Gangplank both reference the events of Burning Tides multiple times in their VOs

Aatrox references the events of the Darkin War and the Twilight of the Gods

"The noxian occupation of Ionia is very much canon, as are a lot of the battles Kled rambles about"

This is complete circular reasoning, I think you missed the point.

Great, characters talking about their backstories, very cool, now proof that this validiates any other statement.

refer to the statement above, you're missing the point, I'm saying dialogue CAN be non-canon and contradictory, which is why we shouldn't take any statement unless supported.

Quotes can be canon and quotes can be non-canon. If it contradicts the lore its considered non-canon, but there is no reason to just consider ALL quotes non-canon.

"

If it contradicts the lore its considered non-canon, but there is no reason to just consider ALL quotes non-canon."

"I'm saying dialogue CAN be non-canon and contradictory, which is why we shouldn't take any statement unless supported."

??????????????

Old and un-dates voice lines that contradict lore (Cho'gath, for example) should not be used, but unless their stories have been retconned in some way voice lines should be perfectly fine.

Agnaa said:
@Weekly What exactly has Friendly agreed with being applied?
@Friendly What exactly have you agreed with being applied?
I agree that as a general speed rating champions should be subsonic to supersonic under the understanding that dodging bullets normally after fired puts you as supersonic while dodging arrows after fired makes you subsonic.

Most League champions can easily deal with arrows yet bullets require aimdodging or not dodging by a very wide margin if at all. Given Scathlocke pointed out being capable of something once doesn't mean you can always do it (citing the traditional lifting a car example in her post) it seems likely that League champions sit just below bullet-timing. Not fast enough to make it easy but doable in the right circumstances.

SchroKatze said:
Btw, talking about Retcons: Why does Jax still have old lore and scaling to the league champions?
Because Jax before the retcons was a completely different character, though given that he's gonna be tier 6 with the next revision i have planned for the tier 6s we can finally get around to removing it

Friendlysociopath said:
I agree that as a general speed rating champions should be subsonic to supersonic under the understanding that dodging bullets normally after fired puts you as supersonic while dodging arrows after fired makes you subsonic.

Most League champions can easily deal with arrows yet bullets require aimdodging or not dodging by a very wide margin if at all. Given Scathlocke pointed out being capable of something once doesn't mean you can always do it (citing the traditional lifting a car example in her post) it seems likely that League champions sit just below bullet-timing. Not fast enough to make it easy but doable in the right circumstances.
This answer is still very vague. Is every League character going to be Supersonic+ in every speed category? Or are they all just going to be baseline Subsonic?

It seems like you're giving a clear answer but you're actually giving a range between 171.5 m/s and 1715 m/s. This is not specific enough to be applicable.

Back