• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse: Word of God Scaling Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an issue that should've been addressed long ago honestly. While most people here will agree that Nasu is incredibly inconsistent, the debate over which WoG statements from him are viable has caused some major back and forth, notably here, here, here, and most recently, here. There's other threads I could've pulled from but the examples here should clearly show the dispute. While I personally think a few of Nasu's statements are probably fine, I unfortunately would have to lean more times than not he isn't a reliable source for various reasons. This is gonna be kinda big, but given this is a pretty major CRT, kinda bound to happen. So, let's go over some of his statements:

1. Nasu saying Shiki Tohno and Shiki Ryougi stand no chance against Servants.

Not sure if I have to go into detail about this one when the profiles for both already accepts that this is contradicted. We have Shiki Tohno scaling in both AP and speed to DAAs, who we scale to Servants. Ryougi also kills 99 Servants in Fate Extra, and we scale her to Melty Blood.

2. Saying Void Shiki is only defensive Servant level.

Yet another one horribly contradicted in verse, and we scale Void Shiki as the strongest anyways. Not only that, but he later placed Void among the strongest in his infamous Top 3 statement. Moving on since this one shouldn't require too much explanation.

3. Nasu has said 3 times that Arcueid is the strongest in verse (here, here, and here (last one is Remake Arc but still)) but then says ORT is.

The ORT example is the most recent thing I can think of him contradicting himself, which shows that even after all these years he isn't that reliable. And the timeframe between the Remake Arc and ORT strongest statements are literally just a few months apart.

4. Nasu said Aoko isn't a Magician in KNK:

Avz:
"It's the first post on the spoiler boards!
I'm asking this here since it's a bit of a spoiler.
The complete edition of Kara no Kyōkai coming out at the winter coiket is going to have errors corrected,
but does that include changes to the setting as well?
(For example, in Tsukihime the succession of the Fujou main family is done through the passing down of techniques,
while in Kyōkai it is determined by blood.)"

Kinoko:
"I'll answer that!
Regarding the Fujou, the setting isn't quite the same.
Though Rakkyo and Tsukihime have a lot of points in common, there are a few tiny differences in the details.
One of those is the Fujou. In reality they're actually ESP users like the Asagami, Ryougi, and Nanaya. But in Rakkyo they are a magi lineage.
Other than that... oh, right, there's Aoko's age. If Rakkyo and Tsukihime were the same world then Aoko would only be a little bit older than Tohno Shiki. The Aoko in Rakkyo has not yet gained the title of "Miss Blue", and is still training in Misaki Town."

However, Aoko is referenced several times as already being a Magician in the KNK novel.

"Currently there's only one magician in this country, so basically that kind of ward just can't be formed." - Kara no Kyoukai Chapter 4

"You are right. That is why a wizard was a feared figure in the past, and why being one could even be called a job. These days, though, it's different, isn't it? Strictly speaking, they aren't needed, the things called mages. These days, magic itself is disappearing. After all, you can count on your fingers the number of things that are impossible for humanity, can't you? Whatever the case, they say that there are only about five wizards in the world today." - Kara no Kyoukai Chapter 5

^the bottom example translates "Magician" to "Wizard", but the overall meaning is clear enough.

5. Now to cover the Ciel vs Kirei statement. Nasu said Kirei at his peak with Command Seals would win against her:

Takeuchi: Speaking of being powerful... Who's stronger: Ciel or Kirei?

Nasu: Ciel is by far more powerful. Just take her lineage into consideration, and add to that her immortality. Kirei's prowess in "Zero" was rooted in the sheer number of Command Spells at his disposal as much as it was in his obsession with Kiritsugu. Suffice to say, it was his golden age. I believe the "Zero" Kirei could have defeated Ciel.

However, Nasu contradicts himself on this as well:

Nasu: You want to know exactly how powerful Kirei is? You'll have to ask Gen Urobuchi. (laughs)**

Takeuchi: Well, after being doused in so much of the Holy Grail, I imagine his physical body has been weakened significantly from his "Zero" days.

Nasu: For someone who died like that to be alive ten years later is quite a feat in and of itself. - Fate/complete material II: Character Material - Characters: Kirei Kotomine, p.066-069

Meaning he considers Gen having more authority over how powerful Zero Kirei is, which makes sense since he's the writer of Fate Zero.

Another reason the Kirei vs Ciel statement doesn't make sense is it's outright stated twice that Ciel can kill normal Dead Apostles with extreme ease, and Kirei at his PEAK is only on par with normal Dead Apostles going by the F/Zero novel:

Monster. There were no other words to describe the man before him. At this moment, Kotomine Kirei’s current combat ability is equal to that of a Dead Apostle - Fate/Zero Act 16`

So not only would Kirei need Command Seals to amp himself to match Ciel going by the WoG statement, but he'd naturally be significantly weaker, and the Command Seal amps are only viable for one move each. I can't stress enough how shaky this statement is when we scale Ciel to Dead Apostle Ancestors, beings who are leagues above normal Dead Apostles (which I agree with btw. Good job there).

6. Shiki vs Shirou. Nasu said Shiki would win this fight, but immediately die from overuse of his Eyes of Death.

This greatly undersells the feats Shiki has accomplished with his Eyes: destroying Roa's soul, destroying a portion of Gaia to weaken Arcueid, killing Maiko when she was approaching real Chaos (aka a planet, or multiverse in Type Moon terms) and destroying the incomplete form of Tatari, which is metaphysical in nature. Suffice to say, Shiki dying from overuse of MEoD via killing Noble Phantasms is very...iffy to be blunt.

Edit: Oh, and Shiki killing Nrvnqsr Chaos is more impressive than people think considering Chaos has a Reality Marble in his body:

By the way, Nrvnqsr was able to escape the corrective influence of the world by using his reality marble within his own body. Way to go, Professor Chaos.
- Tsukihime Data Collection: Tsukihime Dictionary

7. Nasu said Shirou can't project Excalibur

Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?

A: Divine constructs like Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though. Also, since sword is becoming his origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.

However, Shirou literally projects Excalibur in Heaven's Feel. A weaker, degraded version, but he can still projection it never the less.

Notice that Nasu said even EMIYA wouldn't be able to project Excalibur. EMIYA however implies he can, but at the cost of his life

"I can reproduce and store any weapon that I see the original of. This is my ability as a heroic spirit."

Saber gasps.
She looks with blank amazement at the extending graveyard of swords in the desert.
The ashen sky and steel wasteland, devoid of all life.

"This is… your world, Archer?"
"Yes. I do not mind if you would like to test it out.
I shall reproduce that holy sword of yours."

"My holy sword…? Are you saying that, knowing its true identity, Archer?"
"Of course. A weapon of such rank cannot be perfectly reproduced, but I can get it close.
What will happen in that case? Will the people around us survive when the two holy swords clash?"

"Wha - Archer, you…!"
"Yes. Do not use your holy sword, Saber. I will have to oppose you if you do.
In that case, the ones to disappear would not be us, but the people around us.
…Knowing you, you would protect that kid at the cost of your own life. Even I will die if I project the holy sword.
In that case, only Emiya Shirou would survive. That would be pointless."
^ link

8. Nasu said Shiki can fight normally in Melty Blood, but is unable to in Tsukihime.

"At this point, "MELTY BLOOD" caused a major contradiction.
Since this was a fighting game, the position of the protagonist, Tohno Shiki, a character that could participate in combat only by means of trump cards, was reversed, and he became involved in the story as a protagonist that can "fight normally".

"....Right. The characteristics of the characters in "MELTY BLOOD" had either been exaggerated or restrained from what they had been in Tsukihime." "Using cards as an example, Shiki of Tsukihime would be a 3 of Hearts. But the Shiki of "MELTY BLOOD" would be able to fight normally as a Jack of Spades."
- Melty Blood volume 1 - Nasu comments

To this, I'll just say read Tsukihime. I don't even know what trump card Nasu is even talking about in regards to Tsukihime Shiki. Even back in Tsukihime, Shiki has stalemated Ciel (while he was injured at that), fought on par with SHIKI and Roa multiple times, stomped Dead Apostle Satsuki, and the famous feat of him beating Nrvnqsr and his beasts.

9. Gilgamesh vs Saber Alter.
Nasu has said that a serious Gilgamesh would solo the 5th Holy Grail War:

"The Archer class Servant of the Fourth Holy Grail War. Though he was summoned by Tohsaka Tokiomi, he ended up deserting his master and re-contracting with Kotomine Kirei. He is the strongest character in both Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero.
In the boy-meets-girl story of the original Fate/stay night he was forced to yield to the universal law of "love conquers all", but in Fate/Zero he's free to show off his overwhelming, cheat-like strength without restraint. He could have ended the war in a single night if he truly desired to do so. But then, careless pride is the king's prerogative, and getting serious over something as frivolous as a wish-granter would be unbecoming."
- Fate/Zero material - Encyclopedia: Gilgamesh [Servant], p.094

However, he contradicts himself later by saying Saber Alter would've matched:

Q: If Saber Alter and Gilgamesh seriously fought each other, which of them would be stronger? <Takenoko>

Nasu: Dark Saber has lost what you call the protagonist’s compensation, or rather the glimmer of the stars. So a miracle wouldn’t happen against Gilgamesh, it would simply be a measure of their abilities...

Takeuchi: If it’s not in life but as Servants, wouldn’t it change a lot depending on who the Master is?

Nasu: Back when they were alive, both had extraordinary magical energy output so it would be a pure battle of firepower. With his omnipotence and cunning (INT), Gil is slightly advantageous here. If it’s a Servant battle, Dark Saber can win against Gil if the “Master’s capacity as a Mage” is high. Gil will win against Dark Saber if the “Master’s charm as a human” is high.
- Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] II. lost butterfly Animation Material - Kinoko and Takashi Q

Also..."Living Saber Alter." A character who doesn't exist in any form.

There's other examples I could mention, but I seriously think this is enough to get the point across about Nasu's reliably for his WoG statements.

With all this said, my proposal is this:
From this point onwards, we drop all attempts at using Nasu's statements for scaling. Assuming this is accepted, we should edit the verse page saying Nasu's statements aren't usable, and link this thread going over why.

Also, if this goes through, I'm not asking to revise every single profile that'd be affected right away. I think the scaling for that could be discussed on a separate thread. This here is just rejecting all of Nasu's WoG due to being too unreliable, and to end the back and forth over which ones are and aren't usable. From now on, we just stick with what the stories and guidebooks tell us.

Iirc there was also talk of removing Servant parameters scaling, so that should definitely be hashed out on a separate thread as well before completely revising the verse scaling.

Edit: to be clear, guidebooks are still fine to use, just no direct Nasu statements from them. Doesn't matter if it's in a guidebook or not. If it's directly from Nasu, it will immediately be considered suspect.

Agree
: @Tdjwo @Kisaragi_Megumi @Nexp06 @ShiftCtrlAltDeleteTabFn @KingNanaya @SweetDao @Hasty12345 @Dark_Soul20189 @CurrySenpai @TheSilverKing14 @LordGinSama @Qliphoth_Bacikal @Robo432343 @Grand_Saver_Ritsuka @Franstel @HammerStrikes219
Staff agreement: @Deagonx @DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree: @ShadowWhoWalks

Last edited:
Honestly if it were up to me, we'd just delete the verse and start from the ground up, but since I don't think that'll happen without mass pushback, I felt like addressing WoG scaling at least since that's part of why the profiles for this verse aren't good

Honestly if it were up to me, we'd just delete the verse and start from the ground up, but since I don't think that'll happen without mass pushback, I felt like addressing WoG scaling at least since that's part of why the profiles for this verse aren't good
Trust me, no want wants all start all over again. Its too work

I wish it were up to you.

Seems like a valid take for me, btw have you pinged admins yet?
"Regular" users can't really tag anyone

Or rather, tagging someone won't notify them. I could leave a message on their walls to evaluate this, although most staff tend to ignore Type Moon threads nowadays unfortunately

"Regular" users can't really tag anyone

Or rather, tagging someone won't notify them. I could leave a message on their walls to evaluate this, although most staff tend to ignore Type Moon threads nowadays unfortunately

My English is really messing with me.... I meant as asking them to evaluate it on their message wall......

While I personally think a few of Nasu's statements are probably fine,
Can you bring these few statements up?

Also, you cited guidebooks as Nasu's statements, so it is not clear if you are proposing we discard the info in Nasuverse guidebooks which can be used for scaling.

Disagree, as I don't see the issue with prioritizing newer statements, and taking potentially contradictory ones on a case-by-case basis.

Nasu said that he is revising how he sees the Tsukihime power scaling, so there is a basis for considering old Tsukihime power scaling statements unreliable.
We can find conflicting statements within the narrative too, but we work to harmonize them as much as possible instead of considering the narrative as a whole unreliable; the same can be done with Nasu's statements.

Nasu: Back when we established the abilities of the 27 Ancestors, we thought having a certain level of power was enough to make one a top ranker among Dead Apostles. But, judging our dear members of the 27 Ancestors by the post-Fate/stay Night Kinoko Fantasy standards, the ones who are just “relatively amazing” will have to leave… In our current era, having decent strength and abilities doesn’t cut for someone trying to call themself a Dead Apostle Ancestor. I’m sorry, better luck next incarnation!

TYPE-MOON Ace: The world of Dead Apostle is in a tough fight for survival…

Nasu: Taking TsukiR’s final destination into consideration, I organized which members needed to be laid off, which new members needed to be added, and which pre-existing members needed to be upgraded. That said, it’s already been 10 years since I came up with the new Dead Apostle Ancestor lore, so now I regret not having made them a bit stronger.

TYPE-MOON Ace: Yeah, FGO has a series of world-threatening enemies, so the Dead Apostle Ancestors could feel lacking if strong enough in comparison.

Nasu: FGO introduced a lot of new lore. But FGO’s scale is only that large because TsukiR was produced first and laid that groundwork. Without TsukiR, FGO would have ended as a much smaller story. In that sense, pausing TsukiR’s production to produce FGO paid off, and we’ll get the brand new experience of seeing people learning what those plot points they’ve seen in FGO were about.

But I don't see the basis behind discarding the top lore supervisor and potentially the guidebooks. Also, you are exaggerating the conflict in many of the statements you brought up.

1. Nasu saying Shiki Tohno and Shiki Ryougi stand no chance against Servants.

2. Saying Void Shiki is only defensive Servant level.
Both are meme claims, but both come from a single 2005 statement. If what comes afterwards consistently refutes it, I don't think it would be controversial to consider it retconned.

3. Nasu has said 3 times that Arcueid is the strongest in verse (here, here, and here (last one is Remake Arc but still)) but then says ORT is.
It would either mean Archetype: Earth is equal to ORT, or Nasu decided to retcon the top-tier power scaling so that ORT is at the top instead of Arcueid. Don't see a major issue either way.

4. Nasu said Aoko isn't a Magician in KNK:
Aoko's grandfather was known as a Magician. People being are aware that someone has access to the Fifth Magic in KnK doesn't mean that Aoko became famous as "Miss Blue" or learned how to use the Fifth Magic after inheriting it.

5. Now to cover the Ciel vs Kirei statement. Nasu said Kirei at his peak with Command Seals would win against her:
The claim of contradiction is forced; he jokingly tells us to ask Urobutcher, and in the exact same interview afterwards he says that Kirei would be able to defeat Ciel at his peak while boosted.

Note that per FGO even a normal chicken can pose a threat to Servants when injected with sufficient Magical Energy (something Command Spells provide):
Romulus=Quirinus
There you are, chickens!

Boudica
I see them! All right, let's do this thing!

Choices
  • Huh!? You're treating them like enemies!?
  • Servants versus chickens seems like overkill!

Boudica
Biologically, they might be normal chickens, but they're normal chickens who've fed on lots of magical energy!
There's no telling what might happen if we're not careful!
And there's no way I'm going down as the Heroic Spirit who lost a fight to chickens!

Kirei getting enough boosts to become Servant level or high-level Dead Apostle level from Command Spells, which is currently the site's scaling, isn't a big leap.

6. Shiki vs Shirou. Nasu said Shiki would win this fight, but immediately die from overuse of his Eyes of Death.
It is well established that Shiki Tohno can die from overuse of his Mystic Eyes.
This is what happens after he pulls off a ranged attack and destroys Roa's soul:

I breathe weakly.
My mind wavers.
If my body is at its limits, then my head is past its limits.
.... Arcueid even said back then,
I shouldn't force myself to look at the death of non-living things.
If I do it too much, the blood vessels in my brain will burn away.
"........"
-I don't care about that.
It would have been alright.
Even if I turned myself into a vegetable, it would've been worth it to stop Roa sooner.

So the statement isn't implausible if Shirou spams Noble Phantasms and they cause a strain for Shiki.

7. Nasu said Shirou can't project Excalibur
Nasu said Archer can project degraded Noble Phantasms with similar performance to Excalibur instead. So this is reconcilable with Archer bluffing (and using an Excalibur-like beam sword), and Shirou being mistaken (and subconsciously using an Excalibur-like beam sword).

However, after Fate/EXTRA Nasu retconned his position, and is fine with Archer projecting a weaker version of Excalibur:
In EXTRA, the conditions for where wrought iron is possible are boosted so projection of holy-sword class weaponry is possible, though their performance is inferior.
Okay truth is, I was surprised to find that the staff in charge of the 3D had made animation for Excalibur being projected while I was looking the other way.
Well it is new animation after all and there's no reason to reject it. So long as it's a degraded version, I guess it's okay.

An FGO manga actually has corrupted Archer using a Broken Phantasm Excalibur:
DQmamTg.png

9. Gilgamesh vs Saber Alter.
Sounds like a character-induced stupidity thing, where Gilgamesh wins against someone without plot armor depending on whether his Master is charismatic.

Last edited:
Disagree, as I don't see the issue with prioritizing newer statements, and taking potentially contradictory ones on a case-by-case basis.
Yeah and look how that's gone. That was my mindset for awhile too, but as evidenced in the linked threads that doesn't go too well, the most recent linked one making that clear. And Nasu even now still isn't consistent, as the Remake Arc strongest vs ORT strongest statements show

Both are meme claims, but both come from a single 2005 statement. If what comes afterwards consistently refutes it, I don't think it would be controversial to consider it retconned.

...You agree that Nasu said these claims and the works contradict them? Cool? I'm not sure what you're saying here if you agree.

It would either mean Archetype: Earth is equal to ORT, or Nasu decided to retcon the top-tier power scaling so that ORT is at the top instead of Arcueid. Don't see a major issue either way.

Again, I'm not sure what you're saying it you ultimately agree his statement isn't reliant. Even then, we scale Void as the strongest, so this isn't a good argument because neither AE nor ORT would be the strongest, unless you wanna seriously argue ORT is above Void. That, and Remake and OG Arc being equals despite different lore. I think an argument can be made for OG Arc being the strongest, but I don't see that happening here without a major change in profiles that I doubt will happen, so it's whatever.

Aoko's grandfather was known as a Magician. People being are aware that someone has access to the Fifth Magic in KnK doesn't mean that Aoko became famous as "Miss Blue" or learned how to use the Fifth Magic after inheriting it.

Alba said that Aoko killed Touko's familiar in chapter 5 of the LN, meaning she is not an apprentice and Mahou happened. Go read the knk novel. Also, Aoko already graduated from high school:

"I guess it's a few years back now. Around the time when my little sister was entering high school, roughly eight years ago now". - Kara no Kyoukai Chapter 5

The claim of contradiction is forced; he jokingly tells us to ask Urobutcher, and in the exact same interview afterwards he says that Kirei would be able to defeat Ciel at his peak while boosted.

Even if you claim that, try arguing against the narrative about Kirei at his peak being normal Dead Apostle level whereas Ciel in base blinks them, not even counting Powered Ciel or the fact we scale her to DAAs. And those amps from Command Spells are viable for one move. Trying to argue Kirei winning that is beyond a stretch. The statement was even referring to Tsukihime Ciel with the busted Counter Force regen.

`It is well established that Shiki Tohno can die from overuse of his Mystic Eyes.
This is what happens after he pulls off a ranged attack and destroys Roa's soul`

Again, he never struggles to comprehend anything post Tsukihime. In Melty Blood, Talk, and Prelude, this shows. And he's seen more complex things than some degraded NPs.

`Nasu said Archer can project degraded Noble Phantasms with similar performance to Excalibur instead. So this is reconcilable with Archer bluffing (and using an Excalibur-like beam sword), and Shirou being mistaken (and subconsciously using an Excalibur-like beam sword).

However, after Fate/EXTRA Nasu retconned his position, and is fine with Archer projecting a weaker version of Excalibur`

At this point I don't get your argument. You agree it's contradicted, and you even brought up examples I didn't think of so thanks for that. And literally nothing is saying Archer was bluffing.

Sounds like a character-induced stupidity thing, where Gilgamesh wins against someone without plot armor depending on whether his Master is charismatic.

"Plot armor" isn't a counterargument. Nasu said Gil would solo, then said said Saber Alter would've matched him. And you didn't address how "living Saber Alter" doesn't exist.

And since you didn't reply to number 8 I'm guessing you agree with it. Anyways, vote counted regardless

Last edited:
Can you bring these few statements up?

Also, you cited guidebooks as Nasu's statements, so it is not clear if you are proposing we discard the info in Nasuverse guidebooks which can be used for scaling.

I think the top 3 statement, Soujuuro being the strongest protagonist, and Gil soloing the 5th War if serious statements are fine, but I'm willing to not use those for scaling, especially since a good argument can be made for all of these already. Former 2 would be harder to prove on this site but I'll save that for another day.

As far as guidebooks go, I'm specifically thinking of the statements from Nasu himself, especially the interview ones. Guidebooks themselves are fine though. I don't see an issue with the Sefar and Ammy thing unless I'm missing something. If so feel free to mention it

Agree, honestly NO WoG from Nasu should ever be ducking used or taken seriously, like at all. This man changes thoughts on a whim, and constantly makes goofy responses for fun, he just isn’t reliable.

I was told off site that I should make this clear:

Guidebooks are fine, just no direct statements from Nasu in them. I'm busy rn but I'll edit this in the OP later

Agree with this CRT, not only does it and other important information debunk Nasu being a credible source in anyway on his “own” work, but it also shows how he never had primary authorship over his “works” and thus, his WOG is akin to FanFiction from someone with minimal involvement in the stories he supposedly wrote so I am in favor of this.

Agree.

While I'm very neutral in just how things are handled with Nasuverse (on/off sites opinions vary so much on where these guys stack at, I just gave up on making sense except going on what makes the "most sense" to me in where they actually scale but that's just my own opinion so don't @ me on this), one of the things I will say that's been consistent in such a bad way is the usage of Nasu's WoG in how the characters of the series he started are portrayed according to him and/or others (Ex. Gen Urobuchi for Zero) versus how the feats and statements are portrayed/described in any of the Fate or even just entries of Type Moon in general/as a whole.

Edit: Even for the ones Nasu DID wrote or had a hand in, the guy is known for having one thing written only to say something that goes off the walls of a given characters capabilities.

IDK if this CRT is also targeting statements he made regarding certain characters abilities and how they function (Ex. Cu's Gae Bolg), but for the ones about scaling, I agree in those should be removed/just not be taken seriously at all.

Last edited:
IDK if this CRT is also targeting statements he made regarding certain characters abilities and how they function (Ex. Cu's Gae Bolg), but for the ones about scaling, I agree in those should be removed/just not be taken seriously at all.
I was told there's a statement about him saying Ryougi can only "kill" things that physically decay (which makes zero sense), although I couldn't find this and I felt what was added was enough. That said, feel free to bring up anymore you have issues with. Just more fuel to add to the fire.

should only this apply to scaling or lore expansion in QAs and interviews?
This is aiming to drop his WoG period. The Aoko example mentioned is a blatant lore contradiction:

"Other than that... oh, right, there's Aoko's age. If Rakkyo and Tsukihime were the same world then Aoko would only be a little bit older than Tohno Shiki. The Aoko in Rakkyo has not yet gained the title of "Miss Blue", and is still training in Misaki Town.

It's probably best to think of it as subtly shifted parallel worlds."

Aoko in KNK was stated to have been in high school eight years ago from 1998.

"I guess it's a few years back now. Around the time when my little sister was entering high school, roughly eight years ago now". - Kara no Kyoukai Chapter 5

And I already mentioned why she's already a Magician in KNK, so yeah even his lore statements shouldn't be taken seriously. If you were specifically thinking of Zelretch vs Crimson Moon, then thankfully that one is already etched in the lore even without WoG. Regarding WoG for abilities, I don't think we use any of his statements for those, and if we do, then yeah I'd rather we stick to what the actual series tells us.

Last edited:
Yeah and look how that's gone. That was my mindset for awhile too, but as evidenced in the linked threads that doesn't go too well, the most recent linked one making that clear. And Nasu even now still isn't consistent, as the Remake Arc strongest vs ORT strongest statements show
Hmm... Instead of just evaluating some contradictory statements in the narrative and some contradictory statements in the materials, we ALSO have to evaluate some (mostly very old) contradictory author statements?

There aren't many scaling interviews. When the verse is scaled, they are dealt with just like scaling statements (often with or approved by Nasu) jn narrative and materials. How is it less accurate to evaluate all lore statements on their own merits?

At the end of the day, the site's standard procedure is sufficient. Statements from the author (who is also the franchise's creator and active as the top lore supervisor) carries some weight, and if there are reasons a specific statement is not reliable, it can be set aside.

...You agree that Nasu said these claims and the works contradict them? Cool? I'm not sure what you're saying here if you agree.
I am saying old statements can be retconned, and this one requires a particularly small amount of effort to recognize it as such.

Again, I'm not sure what you're saying it you ultimately agree his statement isn't reliant. Even then, we scale Void as the strongest, so this isn't a good argument because neither AE nor ORT would be the strongest, unless you wanna seriously argue ORT is above Void. That, and Remake and OG Arc being equals despite different lore
Reliable to establish them both as among the very top-tiers, but not reliable for exact scaling.
Also, the ORT statement comes from materials and isn't a quote/interview from Nasu. If you consider materials reliable, are you seriously saying that ORT is above Void?

Alba said that Aoko killed Touko's familiar in chapter 5 of the LN, meaning she is not an apprentice and Mahou happened. Go read the knk novel. Also, Aoko already graduated from high school:

You need to establish that Aoko became famous as Miss Blue, and that she left Misaki Town.

Existence of rumors that Aoko killed Touko's familiar, or Aoko graduating high school a couple of years ago doesn't establish that.

Even if you claim that, try arguing against the narrative about Kirei at his peak being normal Dead Apostle level whereas Ciel in base blinks them, not even counting Powered Ciel or the fact we scale her to DAAs. And those amps from Command Spells are viable for one move. Trying to argue Kirei winning that is beyond a stretch. The statement was even referring to Tsukihime Ciel with the busted Counter Force regen.
Boosted Kirei permanently killing or incapitating Ciel, I am doubtful of (the Church already tried to do it). Don't see the issue with boosted Kirei defeating old Tsukihime scaling Ciel once.

Also, how do you define "normal Dead Apostle" ("normal" was not used in Fate/Zero light novel by the way)? A zombie is technically a Dead Apostle. Some Dead Apostles below DAA are fast enough to keep up with Servants.

Again, he never struggles to comprehend anything post Tsukihime. In Melty Blood, Talk, and Prelude, this shows. And he's seen more complex things than some degraded NPs.
You are making assumptions about the backlash of killing Noble Phantasms being minimal. Also, if we are including future versions of Shiki beyond the main story, perhaps he is dealing with spam from a Counter Guardian Shirou.

At this point I don't get your argument. You agree it's contradicted, and you even brought up examples I didn't think of so thanks for that. And literally nothing is saying Archer was bluffing.
I agreed that it is a reconcilable apparent contradiction, and not a real contradiction. Per site guidelines, we should reconcile when possible. The restriction was later retconned via. author statement.

"Plot armor" isn't a counterargument. Nasu said Gil would solo, then said said Saber Alter would've matched him. And you didn't address how "living Saber Alter" doesn't exist.

And since you didn't reply to number 8 I'm guessing you agree with it. Anyways, vote counted regardless
Normal Artoria can win via. "protagonist’s compensation" so it appears to be an argument in the Nasuverse.

The materials said that Gilgamesh can solo, but won't due to character induced stupidity [But then, careless pride is the king's prerogative, and getting serious over something as frivolous as a wish-granter would be unbecoming.]

Nasu said Gilgamesh would win against Salter if his Master is sufficiently charismatic.

I'd like you to bring up contradictions with the quotes represented accurately.

Also, where does "living Saber Alter" mentioned? The "Back when they [Gilgamesh and Artoria] were alive" statement? If so, how'd you understand that a Mud-corrupted Artoria was running around in Britannia from that?

Hmm... Instead of just evaluating some contradictory statements in the narrative and some contradictory statements in the materials, we ALSO have to evaluate some (mostly very old) contradictory author statements?
Because we still use these statements for scaling, so yes. Ties into Nasu being inconsistent, which you agree with.

There aren't many scaling interviews. When the verse is scaled, they are dealt with just like scaling statements (often with or approved by Nasu) jn narrative and materials. How is it less accurate to evaluate all lore statements on their own merits?

Because he gets the lore wrong too, and I already linked multiple threads of all the back and forth over which are and aren't usable. I won't call out names, but some people are especially biased about which ones are and aren't, even non contradicted ones.

At the end of the day, the site's standard procedure is sufficient. Statements from the author (who is also the franchise's creator and active as the top lore supervisor) carries some weight, and if there are reasons a specific statement is not reliable, it can be set aside.

I agree, and WoG can be rejected if the author has proven themself inconsistent, in which case Nasu is extremely so.

I am saying old statements can be retconned, and this one requires a particularly small amount of effort to recognize it as such.

As already mentioned by others here, Nasu flip flops on what he says a lot, you can't chalk it all up to "retcon" when it happens a shit ton on a consistent (ha) basis, and still gets stuff wrong.

`Reliable to establish them both as among the very top-tiers, but not reliable for exact scaling.
Also, the ORT statement comes from materials and isn't a quote/interview from Nasu. If you consider materials reliable, are you seriously saying that ORT is above Void?`

In this exact statement you say you don't full on agree with Nasu saying either are the strongest, so that shows you don't consider him reliable.

And I already addressed that materials are fine, just no direct power comparisons from Nasu which the ort one falls under. Also, "do you think ORT is above Void" Drop the sass, I asked you this first which you just dodged around, and already said ORT isn't.

You need to establish that Aoko became famous as Miss Blue, and that she left Misaki Town.

Existence of rumors that Aoko killed Touko's familiar, or Aoko graduating high school a couple of years ago doesn't establish that.

This proves the events of Mahoyo already happened, and you didn't address how Nasu got Aoko's age wrong in that same statement.

Boosted Kirei permanently killing or incapitating Ciel, I am doubtful of (the Church already tried to do it). Don't see the issue with boosted Kirei defeating old Tsukihime scaling Ciel once.

Also, how do you define "normal Dead Apostle" ("normal" was not used in Fate/Zero light novel by the way)? A zombie is technically a Dead Apostle. Some Dead Apostles below DAA are fast enough to keep up with Servants.

Again, those same statements about Ciel beating DAs with extreme ease were also in relation to her base self, not even counting Powered Ciel. And "defeating" Ciel once but not being able to kill or incap her hurts Nasu's statement. So how exactly does Kirei win? Ciel even has Grand level Magecraft to boot, so that's a rather uphill battle for Kirei.

And cool, nothing in that statement hinges at Kirei being on par with DAAs at the end of the day, so burden of proof is on you. Ciel still blinks the ones Kirei got compared to.

You are making assumptions about the backlash of killing Noble Phantasms being minimal. Also, if we are including future versions of Shiki beyond the main story, perhaps he is dealing with spam from a Counter Guardian Shirou.

If you think some degraded NPs are even above Shiki comprehending a multiverse, Roa's soul (which we scale super high btw), or tatari, then I'm not sure what to tell you. And Shiki still doesn't struggle to comprehend anything post-Tsukihime btw.

I agreed that it is a reconcilable apparent contradiction, and not a real contradiction. Per site guidelines, we should reconcile when possible. The restriction was later retconned via. author statement.

Or it's just Nasu being inconsistent which he's done a lot and even you agree with. You can't chalk up every single change as a retcon.

Nasu said Gilgamesh would win against Salter if his Master is sufficiently charismatic.

I'd like you to bring up contradictions with the quotes represented accurately.

Also, where does "living Saber Alter" mentioned? The "Back when they [Gilgamesh and Artoria] were alive" statement? If so, how'd you understand that a Mud-corrupted Artoria was running around in Britannia from that?

The question was "who'd win between Gilgamesh and Saber Alter", and Nasu not only said Alter would match, but said an "Alive" version of her existed, which just blatantly isn't true. Normal Artoria was not brought up in that all.

Last edited:
Reliable to establish them both as among the very top-tiers, but not reliable for exact scaling.

I'm a bit busy rn but to anyone reading this, notice he disagrees with the very basis of both these Nasu statements (Remake Arc and ORT being the strongest like Nasu said, and is instead arbitrarily saying they're vaguely at the top, and Kirei beating Ciel).

@ShadowWhoWalks I don't even get why you're trying to defend these 2 if you disagree with the core of both these. Nasu said both Remake Arc and ORT are the strongest; and you outright disagree with this and instead have them "among the strongest", which isn't what Nasu said.

You also don't think Kirei can beat Ciel, despite Nasu saying so. You either go all the way with these, or you admit they're wrong, you can't just find some middle ground for them that Nasu never said

Also, the ORT statement comes from materials and isn't a quote/interview from Nasu. If you consider materials reliable, are you seriously saying that ORT is above Void?
Alright I have free time now. I'll address this again, and edit the OP to make it clearer just in case I wasn't (which if I wasn't clear, then that's on me): guidebooks are still fine to use, but if it's a Nasu statement in it, then it's rejected on the spot regardless if it's in a guidebook.

The statement about ORT being strongest is in a side material, but it's also a Nasu statement in this material. The fact we're even arguing over this shows his statements even in materials should be considered sus.

Does that make it clearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back