• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends revision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, this shows just how dire LoL is in need of revisions, and considering how long each region takes it's gonna take a long ass time for LoL to be where it should be lol

So you Don't want the scaling clear? would you like to have to be force-fed the scaling chain on the waves of matches that are probably coming because of Death Battle? Because yes, unfortunately the scaling chain actually does have a hiccup in Jinx(And literally everyone else in Piltover and Zaun) scaling to a character who scales to ol Maokai and a lot of the "Low 7-C"s of the verse, you may thank scaling to Miss Fortune and Griffin for that. so I'm afraid we cannot be accurate if you truncate the AP section too much
No, I want the scaling used for their AP sections to be easy to understand and not require links to 5 different profiles that you don’t need to click. It seems wholly unnecessary when you can just link the important ones. Also it becomes circular since they all scale to the same calc, so it’s “Caitlyn’s gun scales to Jayce who scales to Caitlyn’s gun.”

Literally just the statement of “Has hex tech crystals which make it comparable to Amumu who did this” and “Superior to MF’s guns which can harm Viego” is enough of a justification. Anything extra is just unnecessary, which is fine for one or two examples, but you’re trying to shove an entire scaling chain into every single characters section for no reason. They scale to what Amumu and Viego could do, it’s very simple.

No, I want the scaling used for their AP sections to be easy to understand and not require links to 5 different profiles that you don’t need to click. It seems wholly unnecessary when you can just link the important ones. Also it becomes circular since they all scale to the same calc, so it’s “Caitlyn’s gun scales to Jayce who scales to Caitlyn’s gun.”

Literally just the statement of “Has hex tech crystals which make it comparable to Amumu who did this” and “Superior to MF’s guns which can harm Viego” is enough of a justification. Anything extra is just unnecessary, which is fine for one or two examples, but you’re trying to shove an entire scaling chain into every single characters section for no reason. They scale to what Amumu and Viego could do, it’s very simple.
Oh? What about Maokai's 19 or thereabouts Megatons? That's a called feat for a character they scale to. If the scaling chain is on the profiles it actually becomes more simple, because suddenly the few people who actually support LoL don't have to grab it every single time a scaling chain is needed and people can see where the characters scale without having to dive into the verse page of Doom.

Oh? What about Maokai's 19 or thereabouts Megatons? That's a called feat for a character they scale to. If the scaling chain is on the profiles it actually becomes more simple, because suddenly the few people who actually support LoL don't have to grab it every single time a scaling chain is needed and people can see where the characters scale without having to dive into the verse page of Doom.
If the feat matters to the scaling chain, put it in. If it doesn’t, don’t put it in. So that’s already 3 feats that make them 7-B, why do you need to link other profiles or write a bunch of sentences further justifying it?

All their profiles should just be referencing those three feats, not constantly ping ponging between each other.

The only time a profile shouldn’t reference those three feats is if the character scales to someone that does link up with those feats and only needs to mention who they’re scaling to or the character isn’t 7-B

Maokai, Hecarim, Viego, Yasuo, Illaoi, Braum, and Pyke. They all have scaling within the Piltover and Zaun feats off of Griffin and Miss Fortune. They aren't in Piltover nor Zaun. You catch my drift? You smell what I'm stepping in chief?

You see, the issue is, you want to try and make something that frankly is very fucky and complex, simple. Normally, something good to try and do. Here? We have characters scaling outside of a bubble of scaling. That needs to be mentioned, not ignored for convenience.

Maokai, Hecarim, Viego, Yasuo, Illaoi, Braum, and Pyke. They all have scaling within the Piltover and Zaun feats off of Griffin and Miss Fortune. They aren't in Piltover nor Zaun. You catch my drift? You smell what I'm stepping in chief?
Maoki: Did this feat, scales to Miss Fortune

Hecarim: Scales to Miss Fortune

Viego: Did this feat, superior to Miss Fortune, can withstand shots from Hextech Pistols

Yasuo: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Illaoi: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Braum: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Pyke: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Now this is oversimplified, but this is all any of them need to be 7-B. The Hextech Pistols now link up to every single profile that can hurt Viego.

You see, the issue is, you want to try and make something that frankly is very fucky and complex, simple. Normally, something good to try and do. Here? We have characters scaling outside of a bubble of scaling. That needs to be mentioned, not ignored for convenience.
It’s not that complicated. They scale to hurting each other and some of them have 7-B feats. So just find who scales to what, who can hurt who, then link their profiles in a non-circular chain that gets them all to the calcs required.

Maoki: Did this feat, scales to Miss Fortune

Hecarim: Scales to Miss Fortune

Viego: Did this feat, superior to Miss Fortune, can withstand shots from Hextech Pistols

Yasuo: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Illaoi: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Braum: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Pyke: Comparable to Miss Fortune, can harm Viego

Now this is oversimplified, but this is all any of them need to be 7-B. The Hextech Pistols now link up to every single profile that can hurt Viego.
Ionia, Freljord, Bilgewater. At least try and check which circles of hell each of those characters are in.

And by the way, we'd have to revise those as well, sort out the scaling there, gather feats, all that fancy stuff like we did for Piltover and Zaun. Unless your 100% willing to do those three seperate areas then don't "see, simple!" me.

Ionia, Freljord, Bilgewater. At least try and check which circles of hell each of those characters are in.
Bro, I’ve been entrenched in the league lore since season 2. Do not recite the dark magic to me, I was there before it was written.

Those characters all scale to each other from Ruined King which is canon.

Bro, I’ve been entrenched in the league lore since season 2. Do not recite the dark magic to me, I was there before it was written.

Those characters all scale to each other from Ruined King which is canon.
Yes, and all of them need their own scaling sorted out, that's my issue.

And by the way, we'd have to revise those as well, sort out the scaling there, gather feats, all that fancy stuff like we did for Piltover and Zaun. Unless your 100% willing to do those three seperate areas then don't "see, simple!" me.
I will do it if you require the assistance. It’s not the first time I’ve helped in a verse overhaul and it won’t be the last.

Yes, and all of them need their own scaling sorted out, that's my issue.
Well then let’s not focus on them and stay on task. As you said, different regions.

So first off, Piltover and Zaun. As of now, they scale to Amumu’s feat, Viego’s feat (because MF’s guns which can hurt him are inferior to Hextech) and Maokai’s feat (same reason as Viego). So all their profiles should reflect this, and I have a great way of doing it.

Just use Caitlyn’s gun as the baseline.

Use the part of her AP justification that refers to MF’s guns and Amumu only.

Now we can just link any Hextech file to Caitlyn’s gun by stating their comparable, so now they all link to Maokai and Viego. Then just add the Amumu scaling and voila, every Zaunite and Pilty scale to 7-B if they’ve got the tech for it.

I will do it if you require the assistance. It’s not he first time I’ve helped in a verse overhaul and it won’t be the last.
I also haven't started on any of them, and I still need to do things like sort out various feats and scaling for City of Heroes, help revise the entirety of Warcraft from the ground up, all balanced with a couple RPs, a couple side stories for two of those RPs, and yeah, you could say I am one busy little beaver that frankly tried to occasionally do shit for other verses, like LoL and holy shit does dipping the toes in the scaling and lore of one area make me realize how deep in shit LoL is.

So yes and no, I am not soloing this project nor am I really deep in it as essentially the messenger(don't shoot me plz), but more hands is always enjoyed as the messenger takes letter to individual lol
Well then let’s not focus on them and stay on task. As you said, different regions.

So first off, Piltover and Zaun. As of now, they scale to Amumu’s feat, Viego’s feat (because MF’s guns which can hurt him are inferior to Hextech) and Maokai’s feat (same reason as Viego). So all their profiles should reflect this, and I have a great way of doing it.

Just use Caitlyn’s gun as the baseline.

Use the part of her AP justification that refers to MF’s guns and Amumu only.

Now we can just link any Hextech file to Caitlyn’s gun by stating their comparable, so now they all link to Maokai and Viego. Then just add the Amumu scaling and voila, every Zaunite and Pilty scale to 7-B if they’ve got the tech for it.
That sounds a bit better, but we'd still have to eventually edit at least a couple files to Include the fucky areas of scaling which won't be fun to deal with lol

I also haven't started on any of them, and I still need to do things like sort out various feats and scaling for City of Heroes, help revise the entirety of Warcraft from the ground up, all balanced with a couple RPs, a couple side stories for two of those RPs, and yeah, you could say I am one busy little beaver that frankly tried to occasionally do shit for other verses, like LoL and holy shit does dipping the toes in the scaling and lore of one area make me realize how deep in shit LoL is.

So yes and no, I am not soloing this project nor am I really deep in it as essentially the messenger(don't shoot me plz), but more hands is always enjoyed as the messenger takes letter to individual lol

That sounds a bit better, but we'd still have to eventually edit at least a couple files to Include the fucky areas of scaling which won't be fun to deal with lol
I wish you luck on all of that, try to tackle one thing at a time, no one is forcing you to revise verses so you have all the time you need.

And it’s fine if a couple profiles are updated while others aren’t. It’s a verse wide overhaul, that’s how this works, it’s slow. ESPECIALLY with a verse as big as League.

Also, have those calcs for Amumu, Viego and the other stuff been evaluated?

Because, uh, the Viego calc is applying a corrected formula where the OG calc had its Mid-End accepted.

The Mid-End for this calc is mountain level which would upgrade…. everyone.

635.jpg

Fun. Lol

If the mid end stays, which I see no reason it shouldn’t, then everyone with Hextech is getting upgraded to 7-A not 7-B.

sooooooo yeah

All right, I'll do that/someone else will do it later, currently I want drill a hole in my head for trying Path of Pain in Hollow Knight lol

I think I’ll just copy what you have and remake the blog, that way you can focus on your other stuff. Easier on everyone, I’m not doing anything.

Also there are some other big issues I’m seeing for the general league pages like Pantheon being 4-B for a legit reason but Nasus, who hurt and took hits from current Xerath who beat Pantheon, NOT being 4-B as well?

I’ll save it for Shurima revisions I guess. City folk first.

So what are the conclusions here so far?
I will be revising the summaries of the attack potency sections to be more cohesive. Afterwards i will move the Arcane keys to being their own profiles due to the large differences between them and the base characters. Then it should be fine to apply.

Why are these guys scaling to massively hypersonic+ other than Ezreal due to helping Kai'Sa?

Is there a way to scale people to Ezreal? Because their best feat is subsonic or the laser dodge which hasn't been evaluated

I will be revising the summaries of the attack potency sections to be more cohesive. Afterwards i will move the Arcane keys to being their own profiles due to the large differences between them and the base characters. Then it should be fine to apply.
Okay. That is probably fine then.

Kingofwolves999:

WeeklyBattles asked me to ask you to message him via Discord.

So what still needs to be discussed and decided here?

You didn't read the rest of it huh

Anyway, leave the stuff about tier 2 for some other time. Right now this is mostly for tier 6/7 and below stuff. And fixing some justifications.
but he is right
And it’s not about reading the rest of it but actually making the justifications on the pages clear enough. Something like altering timeline via hax is just hax and has no business in AP sections just like time stops also.

but he is right
And it’s not about reading the rest of it but actually making the justifications on the pages clear enough. Something like altering timeline via hax is just hax and has no business in AP sections just like time stops also.
Again, someone is going to fix that one day. Focus on one thing at a time. You have to realise it's unrealistic to have the whole verse changed from 0 in one go. Give it time.n

They fought weakened Viego, not full power, so no 7-A.

Also working on references for each individual profile now. Also real life, hence why it’s going slow.

Profiles themselves are good to go other than minor mistakes. But the calcs still need eval. Can’t do anything until then.

They fought weakened Viego, not full power, so no 7-A.

Also working on references for each individual profile now. Also real life, hence why it’s going slow.

Profiles themselves are good to go other than minor mistakes. But the calcs still need eval. Can’t do anything until then.
I know, I was just reminding you this existed, no rush at all, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back