• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Simon's type 4 Acausality

Where does it say it's the same as transcending? Again I like to see if there's anything that mentions time and space, and causality/fate are used interchangeably in the series because if that's remotely stated anywhere then I can see the argument
Most of the time, writers don’t tell us explicitly if two different words are given the same meaning, so it’s really up to us to determine if two different words are at least implied to be interchangeable words. This really isn’t the first term that has been accepted as interchangeable with another. Even though this verse has legitimate dimensions, like higher dimensions, they also use the word dimension to mean universe, which was accepted in the cosmology blog a long time ago. My reasoning for break through being the same as transcending in the verse, is because those two words were used to describe the same feat. It says Simon breaks through time and space and also says in that same book that he also transcends time and space. So this begs the question; how could they not mean the same thing if they’re both describing the same feat?
Besides part of the argument for Simon and co. getting type 4 is the narrative of Gurren Lagann, which the same argument can be applied to Kratos as the whole narrative of God of War 2 is how Destiny cannot control him anymore and how he'll forge his own destiny, something the creators back up consistently, and that's treated as a resistance feat.
Stuff like this is also what never determines a revision. “If it happens this way here, it shouldn’t happen this way there.” It’s really just a false equivalence. Sure, the feats look similar, but really there isn’t enough to suggest that they’re equal

Wait, it mentions break through time and space? Can you send me that scan because I'm not aware of this text at all.

For example, when TTGL (mech) was created, Simon said “break through the heavens and dimensions.” And Final Drill even corroborates by saying Simon broke through time and space to confront Antispiral. In this instance, Final Drill describes TTGL as transcending time and space. So if the writers use “break through” as a term that’s interchangeable with “transcend,” then it would be fair to say that “breaking through causality and fate” means to actually transcend causality.

Where does it say it's the same as transcending? Again I like to see if there's anything that mentions time and space, and causality/fate are used interchangeably in the series because if that's remotely stated anywhere then I can see the argument. Besides part of the argument for Simon and co. getting type 4 is the narrative of Gurren Lagann, which the same argument can be applied to Kratos as the whole narrative of God of War 2 is how Destiny cannot control him anymore and how he'll forge his own destiny, something the creators back up consistently, and that's treated as a resistance feat.
It doesn't have to be "transcending", even being unbounded or overcoming is enough for Type 4 Acausality, in the context of no longer being restricted by the cosmology's causality system. Read the posts first if you haven't.

And why isn't being bounded by the verse's causality system wouldn't be a form of Type 4 again, lol? This feat could not be inferior to the baseline Type 4, as although Type 4 operates in different laws, it is still restricted within the scope of causality system. In fact, the feat fits more to Type 5 since "no longer being limited to causality system" is anywhere an achievement of that territory. But since the verse lacks explicit feat; being able to not be interacted anymore, the Type 5 argument becomes invalid based on the standards of the this site (the only thing that cockblocked the upgrade).

Go ask DT whether being no longer be bounded by the verse's causality system is Type 4 Acausality or not, because as per my knowledge, it's definitely is (even may goes further beyond the baseline).
When acausality is itself defined as being in a different form of causality than regular causality:

"Acausality is the ability to act unrestrained by conventional cause and effect, on a scale that varies depending on the character. For some characters, this means not being affected by changes to the past; for others, this means defying all logic and acting with disregard for traditional causality."

He already has Type 2 for merging with his other selves, and he won't qualify for Type 5, which leaves only Type 4 which he qualifies for surpassing causality without much elaboration on his unchangeable aspect and the other Types are completely different.

Back