• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This match up shouldn't be too awful. Both are reletivly haxless, fight primarily in CQC and scale to Moon feats, Goku's being a little over 13 yottatons and Maria's being almost 12.

Begining of Z Goku (aka 5-A) and, let me check, yup Speed Equalized. Fight takes place in the Astral Clock Tower with Maria giving her line about leaving things alone to Goku instead of the Hunter. Alright that should do it. Let the fight begin.

Lady Maria

Son Goku

Goku has the AP with 13.5 yottatons over Maria's 12.8, but it hardly even matters.

I'm not sure, but from what I am seeing goku could blast her from far away until she dies, and while they would get close range, he shouldn't be averse to getting away if needed.

Stuff like afterimage creation also help.

@Ricsi Not only would Goku never range spam till victory, Maria has speed amps

@Crimson Only 10:30? HA! Try 4:48. Don't test me.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
@Ricsi Not only would Goku never range spam till victory, Maria has speed amps

@Crimson Only 10:30? HA! Try 4:48. Don't test me.
Blasting oponents with ki attacks is hardly incredible. He wouldn't teleport spam to get away or anything, but attacking from afar is something he would do.

And the speed amps are in bursts, and don't cover that much of a distance.

I never said he wouldn't use ki blasts, but constantly staying out of her range is waaaay OOC for him. He'll take this fight into CQC early.

I'm well aware, but chaining a bunch together is a thing.

Plus the fight starts out in melee range.

But going out of range and blasting an enemy is not ooc either. He doesn't start with that, but he isn't against doing it to gain an advantage.

You can only do that so many time, and you can't constantly spam it. Nor does she constantly spam it.

Doesn't change that goku would get out of it when needed.

Plus... can she fly?

Apperently, but I think it's mostly levitating as a side effect of her other powers. You're forgeting that speed is equal. Goku's gonna have a hard timegetting away from her in the first place.

Yeah, that isn't keeping up with actual flight.

And I amn not forgetting, no. It's just the simple fact that she can't really dodge/parry his attaks and blasts without giving him a chance to back off with relative ease.

Maria was trained by the first hunter (aka Final Boss) and is probably a few hundred years old. She's also one of the harder bosses.

Good match. Its hard to say who is more skilled since their fighting styles are different, but she definitely has the advantage on experience, so I guess I'll go with her skill advantage as we don't have much else to go on. But Goku has the AP advantage by a slight margin so that kinda cancels it out. Goku definitely has the range advantage but he would never spam to win. She can amp her speed, but he can amp his stats with Kaioken. I guess I will go with Goku due to him barely gaining an edge with the kaioken, but she compensates with speed to be able to keep up but not in power. I guess I will have to vote for Goku

Now about that match. Should be a good fight but I can find another if you want.

How good is her flight? Goku would try to charge a KHH the moment he feels a little pushed and we know the difference between a casual blast than a named technique.

Take for example Piccolo, who Goku scales to, who used the same attack against Raditz than the one he used to destroy the moon and Raditz was unfazed and totally unharmed. While the charged KHH made Raditz flinch and try to out-run it based on pure concern about the sudden increase in power the technique represents. Even w/o Kaio-Ken, the KHH is a pretty strong technique.

Goku also has superior stamina, range (he won't spam it but it's a good advantage) and Lifting Strength to stop Maria's attacks with more ease.

Voting Goku.

Goku doesn't have Kaio-Ken in this key guys.

Anyways, I'd give the advantage to Goku for Calaca Vs reasons.

Although this is a really close fight.

Good match up.

It looks more like a high jump + Levitation to me. Jump high then launch yourself at the enemy. Better but still not comparable to true, high-speed flight.

1. Maria does have flight but doesn't really have a reason to abuse it when in the building, thought that was obvious

2. Quickening means speed amp and closing distance is highly in character for her, whereas it's already been mentioned Goku does not abuse distance exclusively and yet that was still used as reasoning

3. I'm pretty certain skill is negligible if Goku has peak performance here, and Maria's is better if he doesn't. Again, Maria's been alive for seemingly hundreds of years constantly killing Hunters who enter the dream, and was the star pupil of the best Hunter ever.

4. Afterimage Creation would be like me arguing Maria looking like a cloud of dust when using Quickening is a victory condition.

5. You see where I'm going with this. I'm voting Maria since it seems the votes for Goku sorta allow for OoC moves (range abuse rather than actual combat), seemingly higher skill, and speed amp, not to mention making use of strategies totally and wholly alien to Goku (using her own blood as an attack and lighting it on fire, for example).

Also like... ki sensing is based on life force, IIRC, right? Maria's sorta dead.

Mr. Bambu said:
Also like... ki sensing is based on life force, IIRC, right? Maria's sorta dead.
Is she dead? I thought she was like sorta cursed or something. That being said, dead things in DB have Ki too, I think.

Maria's been dead for a looooooong time. As it stands she's in the Nightmare, where blood-crazed hunters go.

Looking through these arguments i gotta agree with Bambu, most of the votes for Goku are very inaccurate

I know about the Nightmare, but for some reason my brain just didn't put together her being dead. Anyway moving on.

@Bambu Are you saying the votes for Goku are flawed?

I'm saying this:

"Goku can just move out of range" would be the most OoC thing ever, from my limited knowledge on Dragon Ball. And that's listed as a reasoning. From my understanding Goku would do an honorable fight, which would be bad against Maria.

Afterimage Creation isn't a victory condition. Like at all. It just comes from immensely outspeeding an opponent- in speed equal, that's bunk.

They also disregard flight, which she clearly does have. It was disregarded since she didn't over-abuse it in the fight- a fight which was inside a building. She'd have to be pretty daft to abuse flight in there.

So yeah, the votes are a bit questionable.

While I agree with the first two points the room isn't exactly small. I mean it's a boss room. Those are literally defined as large open spaces.

Abusing flight when your range is limited is a bad idea. In every instance where it makes sense to abuse flight, she does.

Back