• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that happened because of the Time Eater ******* with the timeline in Sonic Generations. The game clearly mentions that the two Sonics are the past and future versions of each other, as well as the two Eggmen
Generations does it, but Forces (which is the most recent source) explicity has them being from different universes. Also, source on the Time Eater thing? I don't remember at any point that it said it split Sonic's history in two.

Well, Asuna and Alice did fight, but it was pretty minor, but Kirito vs Subtilizer was a direct 1v1 fight
Bet, only really saw the anime version
This is not how this site works
If someone debunks the logic of the one that is mainly arguing for sonic then all the votes for said character becomes invalid
same goes for the kirito side
Oh dang. If that's the case why didn't GV vs Boa go that way lol

Generations does it, but Forces (which is the most recent source) explicity has them being from different universes. Also, source on the Time Eater thing? I don't remember at any point that it said it split Sonic's history in two.
Here. It was said that because Time Eater appearing in Classic Sonic's world isn't something that happened originally, then the Timeline diverged after the events of Sonic Generations, and that also explains why the Classic world is few years behind the Modern World, which is because it got seperated from the Modern world in the past, which is also consistent with Sonic Generations referring to the two versions of Sonic, Tails and Eggman as the past and future selves of each other

Basically yes. Earlier he said Age manip but it seems he only ever used it once and Sonic would probably counter it with one of his many had or something. Or stop time if he senses something wrong

Because people seem to not understand what sub-zero is, it refers to any temperature below zero degrees Celsius. All ice has to be sub zero by default. What needs to be argued is that Sonic doesn’t resist being frozen by something that can freeze things that resist the cold of space. On Sonic’s resistance tab it says he resists cosmic radiation for surviving space with no ill effects. Right above it is his resistance to cold temps where it mentions him being frozen solid and breaking out. 2+2 is 4 and Sonic breaking out of being frozen solid despite resisting the cold of space means he resists BR freezing him.

And scaling all of Kirito’s stuff to NSS is pure cap. NSS has always done this and has this lifting in every key and we never once scale BR or Kirito to its lifting so why are we starting now? The profile doesn’t say he does and specifically mentions that it’s with NSS’ Release Recollection so make a CRT to change it.

Kirito doesn’t freeze anything. Even in the best case scenario for the the freezing argument, Sonic can survive space with no ill effects (just like AH) and can break out of being frozen solid (just like AH is argued to do), both are listed in the resistance tab on his profile.

Kirito doesn’t freeze anything. Even in the best case scenario for the the freezing argument, Sonic can survive space with no ill effects (just like AH) and can break out of being frozen solid (just like AH is argued to do), both are listed in the resistance tab on his profile.
Kirito does freeze. The moment he freezes, Kirito will simply just sap the life out of Sonic.

Actually, Kirito wins now by freezing Sonic, including his consciousness. And then immediately sapping the life out of him which he does not resist
whats the life sap effect do? is it instant?
can sonic use abilities unconscious, why cant sonic evade it
fyi i don't know anything about both verses

No. He will not. He doesn’t do this. Where did he sap the life of AH? Because your argument results in Kirito taking the exact same steps as in that fight. He somehow freezes Sonic, Sonic breaks out immediately, Kirito will then use NSS not this life sap.

Show the scan of Kirito freezing someone’s mind with the ice? Because when he froze the army, they were breaking out, PoH was breaking out, AH broke out etc. None of his uses of freeze seem to be freezing any minds which seems rather contradictory to your point.

Don't know any of these but it should probably be removed if the reasoning was debunked in said thread
Shit I can do that? Dang. It was an incon, basically I made a point, everyone went with GV, made it to grace, and then a slew of people voted for the other side without a reason, is this an applicable scenario?

Blank has made some good points in regards to how ice plays a factor, so it seems like Kirito's ice isn't really going to be doing him any favors regardless.

And I realized I never voted, just argued. Sonic FRA.

And since when can Freeze stop conciousness dang. And if it does, then how can AH break out? No matter how strong it is if it ain't concious it won't make an effort to break out. And if that is the case, it has to break out due to the temperature thing I pointed at earlier, not strength.

Huh, well, again, if it stops conciousness then the Lifting Strength argument doesn't hold water anymore since AH can't break out if it doesn't put the effort into... Breaking out. It'd have to break out due to temperature resist

whats the life sap effect do? is it instant?
Basically, their life will drain until they die
Show the scan of Kirito freezing someone’s mind with the ice? Because when he froze the army, they were breaking out, PoH was breaking out, AH broke out etc. None of his uses of freeze seem to be freezing any minds which seems rather contradictory to your point.
You should even know this even if you only watched the anime. First, only PoH broke out of the ice while the other 20,000 players were still frozen unconscious. Kirito literally hold both swords together and started sapping the players’ life out of them forcing them to log out. The reason why PoH broke out was because of his strong desire to fight Kirito after waiting 2 years with his evil heart. Yeah. Kirito saps Sonic.
Huh, well, again, if it stops conciousness then the Lifting Strength argument doesn't hold water anymore since AH can't break out if it doesn't put the effort into... Breaking out. It'd have to break out due to temperature resist
Ionliosite is one of the most, or if not, the most skilled person in the SAO Verse in VS Battles. If you have any more questions, it’s better if you ask him.

You should even know this even if you only watched the anime. First, only PoH broke out of the ice while the other 20,000 players were still frozen unconscious. Kirito literally hold both swords together and started sapping the players’ life out of them forcing them to log out. The reason why PoH broke out was because of his strong desire to fight Kirito after waiting 2 years with his evil heart. Yeah. Kirito saps Sonic.
Show scans for this

@StarKing

Aight bet since I don't know CRAP. I really know what I know from a friend in VS Battles lol

If I recall life drain isn't instant, but it's VERY fast as soon as he says the words

Sonic will break out before Kirito even start sapping.
Plus, this will probably take some time, considering Chaos Emeralds being "vitality of all living things".

Is the life drain a status effect
if sonic broke free would he stil get gradually life drained?

Show scans for this
Enhance armament.
A voice Asuna was certain belonged to Kirito echoed through her mind, but it seemed to overlap with another voice; one she had never heard before.
The next instant.
A stupendous phenomenon, the scale of which was difficult to estimate — one could say it rivalled Stacia’s geographical manipulation — engulfed the entirety of the battlefield.
Transparent, sapphire tendrils of ice stretched from within the white mist and wrapped themselves around PoH and each and every one of the 20000 Chinese and Korean players. The tendrils appeared quite delicate and fragile, looking as though they would shatter at the slightest touch, but the movements of the battle- frenzied players stopped cold in the blink of an eye, as if some sort of time-bending magic had been applied to them.
A short silence was followed by sounds of shock and anger, but those voices immediately faded too. Ensnared by the ice vines, the players were swiftly cocooned in frost and frozen solid in a matter of seconds.
Asuna stole a glance at the crimson knight who had rushed over to help Klein, but he too had been transformed into an icy sculpture. He seemed not to feel any pain, however; the eyes behind his visor were calmly shut. It was not meant to cause pain or suffering, merely a technique to restrict movement—
Turning her head back around, Asuna saw that PoH had been frozen snow-white as well. She looked to Sortiliena’s face and nodded at her.
They were completely frozen and their consciousness faded away too
She immediately spun her face to the right and saw...
The form of the reaper, ripping apart the icy vines and frost, taking a violent step forward.
The hem of his black poncho whirling like demonic wings, PoH screeched a thunderous roar.
“I’ve been waiting a long time for this...!! Now, let’s dance... KIRITO!!”
Kirito did not step out of the way. He readied the sword in his right hand to intercept the blow. But as Asuna saw it, his slash was already lacking the sharpness he had in the past.
The longsword smashed into the cleaver and narrowly avoided being sent flying, but the blade lock was not evenly matched; instead it was being pressed directly downwards from above. Kirito’s kneecaps buckled as his entire back arched. Pressed tightly against the ground, his boots skidded over 30 centimeters backwards.
“...Hey, hey, don’t disappoint me. I’ve waited nearly two years for this day...”
Man. It’s hard to find the quotes on mobile.
I think they have to be frozen. It's a two step thing. Something about ice roses blooming or... It's weird
Kirito raises his swords and their lives gets drained away

You should even know this even if you only watched the anime. First, only PoH broke out of the ice while the other 20,000 players were still frozen unconscious. Kirito literally hold both swords together and started sapping the players’ life out of them forcing them to log out. The reason why PoH broke out was because of his strong desire to fight Kirito after waiting 2 years with his evil heart. Yeah. Kirito saps Sonic
Being knocked unconscious is a thing that can be caused by sudden changes in temperature you need proof it freezes the mind better than that.

You should even know this even if you only watched the anime. First, only PoH broke out of the ice while the other 20,000 players were still frozen unconscious.
Proof they were unconscious? Neither PoH nor AH were unconscious or even hinted at being unconscious.
Kirito literally hold both swords together and started sapping the players’ life out of them forcing them to log out. The reason why PoH broke out was because of his strong desire to fight Kirito after waiting 2 years with his evil heart. Yeah. Kirito saps Sonic.
Literally not what happened. He forcibly logged them out to stop their suffering and then absorb the resources after the fact. That wouldn’t be needed if he actually absorbed their life which are the resources.

So PoH broke out because of his willpower? Aight so Sonic will also be breaking out too then.

@Star

I swear that's not what happened man. Is it different in the Novel because I only watched that one anime scene where he did that to the bunch of people he froze (again, still arguing that it isn't opening move, because multiple people or big things are his excuse for doing so) and then the ice flower things bloom on the iced people to drain em, they have to be frozen with the ice rose thingies first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back