• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs. Yang (Rematch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean you're still voting for Kirito?

List those other reasons then.
Urgh, do i really need?

Is just because of his healing being better, since he can heal himself fully, with the Crystal, and have the passive regeneration also.
He can also just telerport out of the battlefield, heal himself and then come back, to avoid the problem of Yang destroying the Crystal.

Wow, this match is tiring.

You can't simply not agree with debunks. You need to EXPLAIN why you don't agree in order for the vote to count
I don't remember this rule please show me it exists. Otherwise FRAing and leaving it at that would be dead and we would have versus threads with people quoting stuff or giving long-winded explanations on their choice of victor.

no one is blindly FRA'ing. please don't accuse people of not reading when they have a different opinion
I mean, given that the arguments that youre FRAing have been thoroughly debunkd it is pretty obvious that you are not reading, this isnt a matter of opinion its kinda just fact

this shit actually goes kinda hard, gj gj

You just earned a subscriber
Thank you very much I really appreciate the support even if it's one person.

Just to say, I don't hold grudges against people so I hope this argument doesn't make me seem like some evil Kirito wanking tyrant. The same way I don't see any of you guys arguing or voting for Yang as cringe or terrible.

I don't remember this rule please show me it exists. Otherwise FRAing and leaving it at that would be dead and we would have versus threads with people quoting stuff or giving long-winded explanations on their choice of victor.

"The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments, rather than one word/one sentence votes, which will be disregarded."

1. If someone says something, and then we say things that directly address what the first person says, you can't just say "No" and move on. You need to explain why you disagree. Is there additional information we missed? Is there a flaw in our logic? If you don't tell us any of that, how are we supposed to take you seriously?
I think the other arguments make more sense. it's subjective.
2. We've addressed this multiple times. It's not an opinion. Read their profiles
It is a subjective saying which one is above which. it is indeed an opinion.
3. Kirito in this key actively uses dual blades all the time, therefore it should be considered his base speed. Even if the speed boost was accepted, I've explained why this wouldn't even matter. Kirito's speed buffs don't boost his movement or reaction speeds, only his attack speed. Meaning Yang can just sit there and take it with her Aura without struggling with striking back. Kirito's AP isn't strong enough for him to take advantage of the speed against Yang
why is it not considered standard equipment? and why is her Aura 8-A? it doesn't say anything about 8-A aura when I looked
5. That's literally not our problem. If you don't have your glasses, even if we point it out you wouldn't be able to see it. Get your glasses or move your face closer to the screen
my glasses broke

If Person 1 makes Argument A, then Person 2 makes Argument B that addresses the flaws of Argument A, then people say "Person 2 FRA", that makes sense
If Person 1 makes Argument A, then Person 2 makes Argument B that addresses the flaws of Argument A, then people say "Person 1 FRA", that makes no sense unless they make a new Argument C to address the flaws of Argument B. You can't just say "nOoOoooooOoOooOo Argument B is wrong because I want it to be!"

This thread really do be clownworld, people voting for Kirito with zero reasoning, its honestly insane

"The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments, rather than one word/one sentence votes, which will be disregarded."
I ain't reading allat

JK but Kirito's side also have constructive arguments. Also you missed this
"However, one word/one sentence votes agreeing with another member's reasoning will be accepted as valid votes."

Such as? Thus far no one has been able to provide a reason for Kirito winning that hasnt been debunked by at least three people
MrKerf literally made a reply with the reasonings we’ve been using and even politely added some new ones. IDK what to tell you man.

My guy. There is no other argument. You are literally agreeing with something that does not exist.
why is it not considered standard equipment? and why is her Aura 8-A? it doesn't say anything about 8-A aura when I looked

Reposting this. Her aura is 8-A

But I’m done, I’ll wait to see what happens and if you want to put this on the versus removal thread if it ever gets added that’s fine by me I don’t care what happens past this point these arguments have been tiring and I just wanna go back to making bangers.

MrKerf literally made a reply with the reasonings we’ve been using and even politely added some new ones. IDK what to tell you man.
And i reposted the reasoning debunking them. The fact that he had the balls to claim that Kirit was more skilled even after everyone proved that to be false really shows how much he's ben paying attention

It is a subjective saying which one is above which. it is indeed an opinion.

my glasses broke
1. The problem with this in VS battles is that we're supposed to be using information taken directly from their verses and pages on this wiki. There's really no way we can insert our own opinions into these debates. It's not like we're arguing about which ice cream flavor is better. If Character A has done more impressive feats compared to Character B, as well as has more abilities that can directly address B, then Character A wins via basic logic. No opinions here
2. Read point 1
3. Elucidator and Dark Repulsor are both mentioned under his standard equipment. Yang's aura is technically 8A since she doubles and then reflects any impact she stores over time, which can theoretically reach 8A
4. Then move your face closer to the screen bro. But since I'm nice, I'll just add it here:

Burn: Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack. Her ability also causes her eyes to change color from lilac to red, which is a "side-effect" of her Semblance, though it does occasionally happen outside of combat. When using her Semblance, she draws power from her hair. However, Yang's Semblance does not grant her invincibility and she does take damage from her opponents, as shown when Adam Taurus cuts her right arm off with Wilt and Blush. Although a powerful Semblance, Yang is unable to power it up without taking damage first, and fighters well-versed in dodging attacks can potentially bypass it entirely, rendering the added power useless. In early volumes her anger also caused her to unintentionally activate her Semblance, even if she is not in battle, though after the Fall of Beacon this is no longer an issue.

But I’m done, I’ll wait to see what happens and if you want to put this on the versus removal thread if it ever gets added that’s fine by me I don’t care what happens past this point these arguments have been tiring and I just wanna go back to making bangers.
why? Kirito's page says he lost against Yang. Why would we remove it?

My guy. There is no other argument. You are literally agreeing with something that does not exist.

Reposting this. Her aura is 8-A
it says it can be used to block attacks from stronger characters. it's defensive. I agree. But where does it say 8-A anywhere?

• Attack speed advantage through skills
Which falls under speed equalization as it is his base speed in this key.
Subsonic travel speed, Supersonic+ combat and reaction speed (Fights at speeds where players that could see Flashing Penetrator would only see a blur)
^This is what equalized.
higher attack speed with Dual Blades (He stated that during Starburst Stream, the rhythm of his swings exceeded twice his normal speed)
^This is a stat amp.
  • Possibly better practical skill and experience (2 years of almost non-stop fighting against monsters and players alike)
Hell to the **** no. This has already been explained dozens of times in this thread. Kirito is nowhere near Yang in terms of skill or experience.
Weekly, I am barely arguing on this point out of respect for others, but for me RWBY skill level was always on the level of the wet napkin. Showings suck.
  • Possibly higher AP and Durability (Significantly upscales from known values)
Kirito is currently 2 tons, Yang is 4.34. If you want to argue he has higher AP and Dura then make a calc.
Put on profile the upper limit of Burn, then talk. Right now, both are upscale via their own means.
  • Analytical prediction on par with or better than what Yang has shown
Bruv really arguing that predicting a plant monster is somehow more impressive than outpredicting the tandem fighting of two of the best assassins on the planet lmao
Weekly, predicting monster whilst surrounded on level 1, meaning upscaled significantly is more then barely reacting to OMG a kick.
  • Reality Warping
Which wouldnt help him here
It would. It can bypass system rules, so it can certainly bypass Aura. I am pretty sure it even was able to bypass Invulnerability.

Legit i really do love how neither character underwent any revision since that thread was made, he straight up just remade the fight because he wanted Kirito to win and got his friends to FRA train the thread before any RWBY supporters could show up lmao

No, I'm not gonna remove that one I'm saying if THIS one gets added because earlier Weekly said he would just send it to the VSremoval thread if it passed.

Although tbf in the first kirito match my argument did not exist because I did not know about the crystals, his skill, or like anything else because I hadn't researched the series much at that point.

Legit i really do love how neither character underwent any revision since that thread was made, he straight up just remade the fight because he wanted Kirito to win and got his friends to FRA train the thread before any RWBY supporters could show up lmao
Please do not refer to me with male pronouns kindly.

Please do not refer to me with male pronouns kindly.
Apologies.

Legit i really do love how neither character underwent any revision since that thread was made, she straight up just remade the fight because she wanted Kirito to win and got her friends to FRA train the thread before any RWBY supporters could show up lmao

As mentioned previously, the depletion of Aura is depicted as a 'health bar' by Scrolls, devices that, among other things, track Aura reserves and strength in real-time and display the readout in the form of a bar that shrinks with every hit[2]. This gives Aura an unconventional form of defense as it is not simply a barrier with a flat durability but rather a barrier with a set damage cap that it can block before breaking. Aside from being able to block attacks from opponents on even grounds, Aura is also consistently able to block attacks from opponents with higher Attack Potency, as seen in fights such as:

Due to this mechanic, however, this also means that characters weaker than the user are also able to bring down their Aura if given enough time, a fact which is prevalent throughout the series and the main reason why Grimm, which are largely fodder to the main cast, are still considered threats in large numbers.

Yang can absorb a bunch of damage, store it and amp her stored damage by two times

She takes 3 hits from someone who is 2 tons, she absorbs 6 tons of energy, then she can send back 12 tons of energy via her semblance

I mentioned it earlier but like if you look at the thread my argument back then is very undeveloped and I kinda was just like “yeah, yeah that makes sense yeah.” Because I had never done a thorough debate before.

Weekly, why when a battle thread involves you and RWBY it turns into a crazy mess?

Or is it when I am around? T_T
Its less about RWBY and more that i genuinely hate this site's current VS thread culture of 'if we FRA train the thread in favor of one character then the arguments dont matter'. Yall cant see that youre wrong so youre just falling back on numbers when you have no argument. That irritates the **** out of me. Its less about who actually wins via a debate now and just which character is more liked.

Urgh, do i really need?

Is just because of his healing being better, since he can heal himself fully, with the Crystal, and have the passive regeneration also.
He can also just telerport out of the battlefield, heal himself and then come back, to avoid the problem of Yang destroying the Crystal.

Wow, this match is tiring.
bro

this is the same shit over and over again

Kirito's passive healing can't outheal the damage he takes from someone over twice as strong as him
Kirito's healing items require inaction to actually use, meaning Yang can just punch him in the face in the middle of the process
Teleporation crystals also require you to not move, PLUS they can't even be used in battle, PLUS that's self BFR so he loses anyways

Yeah it's tiring cuz you keep repeating the same thing and apparently not having enough braincells to realize that we have responded to this shit in the exact same way every single time

I mentioned it earlier but like if you look at the thread my argument back then is very undeveloped and I kinda was just like “yeah, yeah that makes sense yeah.” Because I had never done a thorough debate before.
Tuff tiddies, that's not our problem

Its less about RWBY and more that i genuinely hate this site's current VS thread culture of 'if we FRA train the thread in favor of one character then the arguments dont matter'. Yall cant see that youre wrong so youre just falling back on numbers when you have no argument. That irritates the **** out of me.
Sure.

But most of the points are debatable at best, not debunked.

wait really? That loss wasn't from this thread?

that's funny

There’s no rule that says I can’t make a new thread because no revisions took place. I made a new thread because that was like what, 1+ years old at that point and I had grown not only as a debater but had become more knowledgeable of SAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back