• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs. Yang (Rematch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
Doing a rew match because this was the first versus matchup I made and it is very outdated + I did not have the experience and knowledge of Kirito that I did back then. Also part of my plan to remove most of if not all of Kirito's losses cause damn does he not get the representation he deserves.
Kirito (Aincrad) vs. Yang Xiao Long
  • Speed Equalized
  • Both are in character
  • Floor’s 50-75 Kirito vs. Beacon Yang
  • Win via Incapacitation or Death
The Black Swordsman: 12 (CurrySenpai, BoastJR, PhantomØ4, MGQScaler, RitsuØ1, Fezzih_007, Skeletonslayer56, Scottycj256, Maverick_Zero_X Artorimachi_Meteoraft, MrKerf, KingNanaya)

Yanger Issues: 8 (WeeklyBattles, Mikey1940, Zencha9, Spinoirr, AnonymousBlank, XSOULOFSINDERX (or something I can’t see his name on the first page on mobile), Blackcurrant91, Robo432343)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Yang scales to 4 tons while Kirito scales to bumfuck nothing lmao besides killing a monster that's a few times bigger than a big house, so I'm assuming they're comparable

Both are haxless

Yang's Aura will prevent Kirito's sword attacks from slicing off her limbs

Yang's Aura and Kirito's health bar are rather similar, issue is when Yang's depletes, she gets depowered and exhausted, but when Kirito's depletes, he straight up dies
Both of these also grant the user passive healing

Kirito's advantage is longer melee range via swords, but Yang doesn't struggle with that considering who she's fought at Beacon.

Yang's advantage is bullets being better than Kirito's throwing knives, better mobility via Ember Celia propulsion, better acrobatics, more fighting experience, and Burn completely dominating Kirito after accruing enough damage

Voting Yang unless I'm missing something

Yang scales to 4 tons while Kirito scales to bumfuck nothing lmao besides killing a monster that's a few times bigger than a big house, so I'm assuming they're comparable

Both are haxless

Yang's Aura will prevent Kirito's sword attacks from slicing off her limbs

Yang's Aura and Kirito's health bar are rather similar, issue is when Yang's depletes, she gets depowered and exhausted, but when Kirito's depletes, he straight up dies
Both of these also grant the user passive healing

Kirito's advantage is longer melee range via swords, but Yang doesn't struggle with that considering who she's fought at Beacon.

Yang's advantage is bullets being better than Kirito's throwing knives, better mobility via Ember Celia propulsion, better acrobatics, more fighting experience, and Burn completely dominating Kirito after accruing enough damage

Voting Yang unless I'm missing something
I'll bring up my own arguments but Kirito is not haxless he has some crazy hax that give him a very big edge over yang. I won't deny she has a bit of edge on skill and experience but it should be decently equal due to the large variety of enemies and people Kirito fights in Aincrade.

I'll bring up my own arguments but Kirito is not haxless he has some crazy hax that give him a very big edge over yang. I won't deny she has a bit of edge on skill and experience but it should be decently equal due to the large variety of enemies and people Kirito fights in Aincrade.
Aincrad Kirito is haxless

And no Yang has fought her entire life and been taught by several teachers and fought against a wide variety of both students and grim, all with different semblances and fighting styles. Kirito has at this point only ever fought other swordsman and large monsters.

Aincrad Kirito is haxless

And no Yang has fought her entire life and been taught by several teachers and fought against a wide variety of both students and grim, all with different semblances and fighting styles. Kirito has at this point only ever fought other swordsman and large monsters.
There are more than large monsters in Aincrad there was humanoid enemies among other things.

Also, Aincrad Kirito has an instant teleport, instant full healing, double passive healing that would last way too long, shockwaves, paralysis, critical hits, and status effect buffs. His abilities arsenal is varied and plentiful to the point where I doubt Yang can deal with it.

Last edited:
There are more than large monsters in Aincrad there was humanoid enemies and other things.

Also, Aincrad Kirito has an instant teleport, instant full healing, double passive healing that would last way too long, shockwaves, paralysis, critical hits, and status effect buffs. His abilities arsenal is varied and plentiful to the point where I doubt Yang can deal with it.
She definitely can, thats all stuff she has dealt with before

Kirito on the other hand cant really deal with Yang kinda just punching him once and oneshotting him

She definitely can, thats all stuff she has dealt with before

Kirito on the other hand cant really deal with Yang kinda just punching him once and oneshotting him
They have about the same AP though? And if she gets hit and paralyzed for 10 seconds I highly doubt she'll survive.

They have about the same AP though?
They dont though, Kirito is baseline, Yang upscales from is 3.4 Tons in base and is able to amp herself to be several times stronger than that through Burn
And if she gets hit and paralyzed for 10 seconds I highly doubt she'll survive.
Kirito's paralysis relies on him landing a clean blow to Yang's head, which in and of itself is going to be extremely hard but also might not even work as its unlikely to even work due to Yang's Aura barrier

They dont though, Kirito is baseline, Yang upscales from is 3.4 Tons in base and is able to amp herself to be several times stronger than that through Burn

Kirito's paralysis relies on him landing a clean blow to Yang's head, which in and of itself is going to be extremely hard but also might not even work as its unlikely to even work due to Yang's Aura barrier
And Kirito has his own defense buffs and offense buffs, not to mention his hit-and-run strategy and double speed with Dual Blades that would doubtless make it much harder for Yang to keep up.

And Kirito has his own defense buffs and offense buffs, not to mention his hit-and-run strategy and double speed with Dual Blades that would doubtless make it much harder for Yang to keep up.
My guy, Yang's AP and durability is multiplied for every time she gets hit, Kirito does not hae buffs that can compensate for a 10x+ jump in power

There are more than large monsters in Aincrad there was humanoid enemies among other things.

Humanoid monsters don't hold a candle to other Huntsman and even Grimm. Even wild monsters like the Curious Cat and the Hound have some semblance of martial arts skill

TP Crystal's aren't combat applicable besides self BFR which doesn't help him

Potions are finite and require him to take a few seconds to drink it, which Yang will never let him do

Yang has passive healing too, and she can bypass his with her AP advantage plus Burn buffs

Crits don't exist in SAO AFAIK

His stun requires headshots which are incredibly difficult to land normally, and even if he did land it, Yang's Aura and AP advantage will let her tank the subsequent hits well

What hit and run strategy lmao? He rushes headfirst into shit screaming like the anime protagonist he is

Yang has 2 arms to counter his 2 blades

Yang also has her own buffs on top of her AP advantage, making Kirito's ineffective

What hit and run strategy lmao? He rushes headfirst into shit screaming like the anime protagonist he is.
Dawg, this is exactly what I’m talking about. Kirito is much more tactical than this. He was one of the best clearers in Aincrad who helped out with its clearing. He had to be tactical and smart in order to prevent as many casualties as possible, especially given the unknown nature of bosses. He doesn’t run in screaming he tries his best to develop plans and be cunning.

Dawg, this is exactly what I’m talking about. Kirito is much more tactical than this. He was one of the best clearers in Aincrad who helped out with its clearing. He had to be tactical and smart in order to prevent as many casualties as possible, especially given the unknown nature of bosses. He doesn’t run in screaming he tries his best to develop plans and be cunning.
except he only does that when trying to minimize losses in teamfights and boss clears. In 1v1s he rushes in blades swinging unga bunga

heck even against the goat boss he activated dual wielding and just went to town

not to mention, Yang also isn't stupid. Sure she has a temper, but she still has experience fighting against a variety of opponents and utilizing different strategies for them

except he only does that when trying to minimize losses in teamfights and boss clears. In 1v1s he rushes in blades swinging unga bunga

heck even against the goat boss he activated dual wielding and just went to town
Blatant downplaying that just isn’t true. There was a lot of planning that went into PVP as well, especially as red players became more common.

Also, Kirito doesn’t do that in the source material against the gleam eyes, sure he doesn’t know about the boss at all since no research was done but in the light novel he’s actively figuring things out. IDK why you’re debating something when you don’t know the full story.

God damn it, Curry!

Oh well, a fight of characters I don't like. I can see Kirito winning due to not being hot-headed and his Analytical Prediction is better then Yang's. Little things like Damage Boost and Healing crystals are on his side too. That's about it. Skill is debatable as always, Yang has higher AP, but not much else.

Kirito's fighting style 1v1 is also much more cunning and focuses on the individual weaknesses of a certain person. Plus double the speed with Dual Blades (which he always has active since this is Floor 75) is going to be a huge issue for Yang. Not to mention the passive boost he would get from incarnation and even the ability to revive from death.

God damn it, Curry!

Oh well, a fight of characters I don't like. I can see Kirito winning due to not being hot-headed and his Analytical Prediction is better then Yang's. Little things like Damage Boost and Healing crystals are on his side too. That's about it. Skill is debatable as always, Yang has higher AP, but not much else.
Kirito is nowhere near Yang's skill level. Kirito has at best two years of combat experience in a world where the majority of his abilities were bolstered by game mechanics that allowed him to chain attacks together without actively thinking about it as normal non-sword skill attacks do minimal damage, and even then the only reason he had any of those skills was due to him being a beta tester who was absurdly high level before SAO even started. Even his dual wielding isnt skill-based, it's just based on reaction timing. Hes not a skill god, hes an over leveled beatstick with no actual training in a game where everyone is level 1 beginners.

Yang on the other hand has trained in combat for well over a decade, including being personally trained by one of the most skilled fighters on the planet, and being acknowledged as a world-class fighter. Hell her first on-screen fight had her taking on two of the best assassins on the planet at the same time, outpredicting both of their attacks simultaneously, and beating both of them without even using her semblance, and one of the first fights in the Vytal Festival had her beat Arslan Altan, who was statistically analyzed by the best scientists and physical analysts in Atlas to be superior to Yang in skill by a wide margin, through ingenuity and quick thinking.

Damage boost isnt helping Kirito at all, not only is his boost nowhere near as potent as Yang's but it would just charge Yang's semblance faster, leading to him dying faster.

Kirito's fighting style 1v1 is also much more cunning and focuses on the individual weaknesses of a certain person. Plus double the speed with Dual Blades (which he always has active since this is Floor 75) is going to be a huge issue for Yang. Not to mention the passive boost he would get from incarnation and even the ability to revive from death.
Yang doesnt have a physical weakness is the problem, his swords will be visibly doing no damage to her due to her Aura blocking them.

Fighting people faster than her is not anything new to Yang seeing as she regularly sparred with Ruby in the years before Beacon and she was smart enough to devise a workaround to beat people like Neon, who was blitzing her literally the entire fight.

Incarnation isnt anywhere near that effective in the DlSAO storyline, it only gets that good later in the series.

Yang doesnt have a physical weakness is the problem, his swords will be visibly doing no damage to her due to her Aura blocking them.
I don't mean physical weaknesses I mean like slipping up in battle, whether or not they're predictable and other stuff. That's why I said it's cunning.
Incarnation isnt anywhere near that effective in the DlSAO storyline, it only gets that good later in the series.
He uses it to revive in the final battle for the final hit against Heathcliff in the first arc.
Fighting people faster than her is not anything new to Yang seeing as she regularly sparred with Ruby in the years before Beacon and she was smart enough to devise a workaround to beat people like Neon, who was blitzing her literally the entire fight.
Still won't matter against someone like Kirito with much better analytical prediction and a debatable skill gap. Let's not forget it was noted by Yang's own father that her fighting style was predictable in Beacon. Kirito will just take advantage of that and play around with that weakness until she crumbles, and she will, especially with his 2x speed difference. You could make an argument for Burn but once again it won't matter if she just can't hit Kirito especially due to her overreliance on it (not to mention Kirito would notice if one of the attacks just doubled in strength cause he has a health bar, that would be an absolute death sentence cause he would just decipher her ability).

I think for these reasons, the items Kirito has, abilities such as stun, and the final trump card being Incarnation Kirito takes this but not without some difficulty.

God damn it, Curry!

Is that a vote for Kirito?

I don't mean physical weaknesses I mean like slipping up in battle, whether or not they're predictable and other stuff. That's why I said it's cunning.
Yes, Yang doesnt do that. Even her hot headedness doesnt make her slip up in combat, it just makes her hit faster and harder.

He uses it to revive in the final battle for the final hit against Heathcliff in the first arc.
You mean the fight that happens after the key being used here?
Still won't matter against someone like Kirito with much better analytical prediction and a debatable skill gap. Let's not forget it was noted by Yang's own father that her fighting style was predictable in Beacon. Kirito will just take advantage of that and play around with that weakness until she crumbles, and she will, especially with his 2x speed difference. You could make an argument for Burn but once again it won't matter if she just can't hit Kirito especially due to her overreliance on it (not to mention Kirito would notice if one of the attacks just doubled in strength cause he has a health bar, that would be an absolute death sentence cause he would just decipher her ability).
You really did kinda just ignore all of the points that I brought up huh.

I've already explained why Yang is >>>>>>>>>> Kirito in both skill and analytical prediction above, and Kirito has never APed people with skill even remotely comparable to Yang.

Her fighting style was predictable to people who are >>>>>>>>>>> Yang in skill. Kirito is not.

Yang has consistently fought and beaten people who blitz the hell out of her such as Ruby and Neon, Kirito having a small temporary speed amp is not going to help him in the long run.

And no, he would not notice anything, because Yang's strength doesnt grow gradually, she stores all energy she is hit with and then adds it to her own all at once.
I think for these reasons, the items Kirito has, abilities such as stun, and the final trump card being Incarnation Kirito takes this but not without some difficulty.
None of Kirito's items would do anything to Yang as I and others in this thread have already explained.

Stunning wont do anything as I and other s have explained.

Incarnation does nothing in this key as I have already explained.

Atm there is zero viable reasoning given for how Kirito stands a chance here.

Dawg I feared this would happen, I clearly cannot reason with you and now you’re accusing me of just ignoring your arguments.

I will let the people decide at this point because the blatant Kirito downplaying that is happen is too much me for me to handle.

Hmm after reading this thread for a while I have come to the conclusion that kirito has a more reliable win condition then yang.

Plenty of healing items, analytical prediction, Stuns etc and so on.

Consensus : Kirito for reasons above

I mean, you kinda did just ignore the arguments as you actively did not respond to or attempt to refute them, you just continued arguing as though the points were not being made.

Hmm after reading this thread for a while I have come to the conclusion that kirito has a more reliable win condition then yang.

Plenty of healing items, analytical prediction, Stuns etc and so on.

Consensus : Kirito for reasons above
My guy, Yang has passive regen, analytical prediction that is better than Kirito's, and his stuns would not work on her

Dawg I feared this would happen, I clearly cannot reason with you and now you’re accusing me of just ignoring your arguments.
I mean, Weakly said this:
Kirito is nowhere near Yang's skill level. Kirito has at best two years of combat experience in a world where the majority of his abilities were bolstered by game mechanics that allowed him to chain attacks together without actively thinking about it as normal non-sword skill attacks do minimal damage, and even then the only reason he had any of those skills was due to him being a beta tester who was absurdly high level before SAO even started. Even his dual wielding isnt skill-based, it's just based on reaction timing. Hes not a skill god, hes an over leveled beatstick with no actual training in a game where everyone is level 1 beginners.

Yang on the other hand has trained in combat for well over a decade, including being personally trained by one of the most skilled fighters on the planet, and being acknowledged as a world-class fighter. Hell her first on-screen fight had her taking on two of the best assassins on the planet at the same time, outpredicting both of their attacks simultaneously, and beating both of them without even using her semblance, and one of the first fights in the Vytal Festival had her beat Arslan Altan, who was statistically analyzed by the best scientists and physical analysts in Atlas to be superior to Yang in skill by a wide margin, through ingenuity and quick thinking.
And you din't counter they arguments, so like, i can see why they said you ignore them.
I will let the people decide at this point because the blatant Kirito downplaying that is happen is too much me for me to handle.
Ok, i think i gonna vote Kirito because of his healing, he can play safe and attack Yang to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back