• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning toward option 1, since IDW directly mentions stuff from the games and specifically happens after Forces. Not going to Frontier spoilers, but since from what I've heard it doesn't referrence IDW events, then I'm not sure about it

Option 2 can also work as a one way canon like how DBS is canon to Super Dragon Ball Heroes, but the other way isn't true

So I'm kinda conflicted about it

(Also, if Mania is just past Sonic, we may as well delete Classic Sonic's page)

IDW also considers the Genesis era Sonic games canon, and if Frontiers considers IDW Comics canon, I suppose option 1 actually works.

Well, the Games (Frontiers) name dropped Tangle and Sticks in the same game. Boom certainly(?) has no ties with the main canon. We don't have a clear idea how things are going to work as the origins of those two characters don't originate in the mainline games, yet Frontiers is pretending they always existed in the canon. They might end up as a "mainline exclusivity deal" versions.

For that reason, Option 1 is a bit of a shaky direction.

Last edited:
Sticks was always game canon with no connection to Boom. She was part of Sonic Channel for awhile now
Yes, and Sonic Channel has claimed, with Sonic Comic, Maria Robotnik named Shadow when his name originally came from the Project's title.

Last edited:
Sticks was cut from the 2020 Olympics, as she was only a "guest" character for Archery in the 2016 Olympics during Sonic Boom's run. Aaron Weber states Modern and Boom Sonic are separate characters in relation to the same title Sticks appeared as a guest for Modern's game. They might redesign her with (finally) gloves on.

Aaron Weber stated the reason Modern and Boom aren't the same character was for their design. By that logic, Sticks should be wearing an updated design for the Mainline games.

Last edited:
Hm... Actually, that Sticks talk seems like a supporting argument for Option 1, as IDW and Prime share Mainline Sonic's design. But, so did Archie & Sonic X.

Hm... Actually, that Sticks talk seems like a supporting argument for Option 1, as IDW and Prime share Mainline Sonic's design. But, so did Archie & Sonic X.
In fairness, Archie's lore is completely left-field compared to anything in the Games and Sonic's world in X is vague as **** beyond the usual Sonic v Eggman status quo.

I'd also like to note that members of Sonic Team have went on the record to state that the issue released for 2022 Free Comic Book day was a pre-prequel to the Frontiers Prologue (we even get references to the Metal Virus).

To be honest Sticks is likely just a case of her probably having her own version in the games considering how Boom is, but we won’t know for sure until we see her

I'd also like to note that members of Sonic Team have went on the record to state that the issue released for 2022 Free Comic Book day was a pre-prequel to the Frontiers Prologue (we even get references to the Metal Virus).
Official confirmation from higher-ups that a comic with ties to the IDW comic series' continuity is canonical to Sonic Frontiers should be enough proof to vouch completely for Option 1, alongside the very public declaration from Iizuka and Flynn of the ongoing initiative for the canon.

This was the thread I was thinking of. I remember back then it was considered okay for the first two Sonic games to be canon to comics such as Sonic in the Fourth Dimension, but we didn't at the time had evidence to suggest that comic or other IDW comics canon to the games. Though Frontiers does appear to be doing that now. So I think between proposals in the OP and from previous thread that Option 1 seems valid or that those skeptical and originally voted option 2 have consistency to go with option 1.

IDW being canon was definitively a new change, I don't think it was originally writen to be canon but then it retroactively became canon

IDW being canon was definitively a new change, I don't think it was originally writen to be canon but then it retroactively became canon
I believe it was trying to stay consistent with the games still. Obviously we have a problem with Ian's poor powerscaling with IDW, but we can mostly ignore it.

Proposal Numero Uno

Actually kinda hyped about the merge. Silver getting a shield with his PK is pretty big to me for some reason. And this means the characterization is also canon which is an L for Shadow but a W for most others

Proposal Numero Uno

Actually kinda hyped about the merge. Silver getting a shield with his PK is pretty big to me for some reason. And this means the characterization is also canon which is an L for Shadow but a W for most others
Tbf, Silver could already make a shield with PK. He only used it once though, so I don't blame you for forgetting (It was in Sonic 2006 Kingdom Valley. When Sonic was escaping and jumped by badniks, Silver lent a hand by forming a barrier that upon projectiles making contact with it exploded IIRC).

Unless we wanna go and tag more staff, I suppose that's it? Proposal 1 is accepted? Because if so, there's work to be done for the verse that I'd like to begin working on as soon as I can (and for those who are always so curious, it begins with a verse page overhaul)

2 staff approval. 4 overall staff consent for proposal 1, and overwhelming support for said proposal should mean Proposal 1 is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back