• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

I predict other characters being able to survive getting impaled many times by the Needle ability, meaning something more to add at everyone's regen, also becoming Mid.

Speaking of which, when getting crushed flat was removed as regen MK's became Low-Mid as he can survive getting impaled in his body, but it should actually be Mid as his body is his head.

images

Greetings. I have arrived here one last time. Like i said, i am leaving or rather I've left (I've been doing some lurking but sent 0 messages overall) but i had to come back to celebrate the new announcement.

Idk what to think at the moment as we don't have enough context but i believe that this game is going to be great. The visuals are nice and the gameplay will probably be decent. Idk what the plot will be but i may as well theorize.

They say, ancient civilization right? Probably ancients lore. What may happen in the plot is Kirby finding another mechanical abomination made by the ancients and having to deal with it. Idk what we can find later on, but the place looks very different from any other kirby location we've seen... It feels... Real i guess?
I think that just because it is mainly on an island it won't mean that the boss is not gonna be some cosmic deity that takes the battle to space. I mean there aren't many bosses of that type (the type to fight on land and show no feats) in kirby to begin with (we have dedede, sectonia, dark matter swordsman i guess, side game bosses maybe). I definitely hope to see some cool stuff and i hope the game isn't just this one big island and actually has more stuff to the island.

I'm excited for it, but I doubt I'll have the chance to play it.
A world that looks like real world Earth implies humans, but hasn't Kirby always been with no humans, being it's in "Dreamland"? & no humans other than Adeleine, seemingly.
We had implications of human civilization on Shiver Star in Kirby 64 & The Crystal Shards, but I'm not that knowledgeable on Kirby lore, so I dunno of other human-related stuff.

I'd PRESUME it's going to be distinct from Shiver Star, so I am wondering what's there. Maybe I should seek out trailer analyses.

Shiver Star also had the Malls and Stuff, but this is different. It’s probably not some strange Planet, because we’re using the ‘passed out, woke up on an island’ introduction. It’s not Frozen, just the opposite in fact, with life flourishing to the point of that giant Gorilla.

Side note, anyone else excited for the actual Boss Fights in Kirby, finally? That’s gonna be sick.

I'm excited about it, but I doubt I'll have the chance to play it.
A world that looks like real-world Earth implies humans, but hasn't Kirby always been with no humans, being it's in "Dreamland"? & no humans other than Adeleine, seemingly.
We had implications of human civilization on Shiver Star in Kirby 64 & The Crystal Shards, but I'm not that knowledgeable on Kirby lore, so I dunno if other human-related stuff.

I'd PRESUME it's going to be distinct from Shiver Star, so I am wondering what's there. Maybe I should seek out trailer analyses.
Okay but think about this
What if that Land was from the Ancients

Considering the fact that King Kong appears, my head canon now is that Godzilla actually exists in the Kirby verse and caused the extincion of humanity and all of the creatures around are just spawns of him just like Servums are to Godzilla Earth

The Ancients are a buncha smart dudes who basically built and bred every enemy in Kirby. Nova, the Wish-Granting Deity? Built by the ancients.

Magalor’s Crown? Built by the Ancients.

Magalor’s ship? Ancients.

Star Dream? Still the Ancients.

You can basically look at any Big, Bad Evil Guy in Kirby, and they’re somehow connected to the Ancients. He was speculating this may be where the Ancients came from- the land the Ancients belonged to.

Nothing, mainly because we know diddly squat about the ancients. However, the place is pretty technically advanced- I’m sure you noticed the trailer took place in a Mall, of all things, something we’ve only seen on Shiver Star, and Civilization isn’t very common to see in Kirby as far as I’m aware.

Plus, the location certainly looks ancient. Overgrown vegetation, rampant wildlife.

Nothing, mainly because we know diddly squat about the ancients. However, the place is pretty technically advanced- I’m sure you noticed the trailer took place in a Mall, of all things, something we’ve only seen on Shiver Star, and Civilization isn’t very common to see in Kirby as far as I’m aware.

Plus, the location certainly looks ancient. Overgrown vegetation, rampant wildlife.
Well, one thing we could look for is structures made by The Ancients; Their style of architecture, what they mark or engrave, etc.

Shiver Star also had the Malls and Stuff, but this is different. It’s probably not some strange Planet, because we’re using the ‘passed out, woke up on an island’ introduction. It’s not Frozen, just the opposite in fact, with life flourishing to the point of that giant Gorilla.

Side note, anyone else excited for the actual Boss Fights in Kirby, finally? That’s gonna be sick.
Hi, I'm back. I have finished 2 and a half excruciating months of Basic Combat Training (army bootcamp).

Yeah, I'm under the impression that this "Forgotten Land" is probably located beyond the outskirts of Dream Land and is still situated on Planet Popstar. I honestly like it that way, since it'll definitely give even more worldbuilding on Kirby's home world, which is already jampacked with all types of lore and iconic locations.

Sup boys. Ik yet again i return here for whatever reason. But still leaving the wiki has its benifits. I was able to meet and chat with the person behind the document and they allowed me to post some more translations they've done.

Oh boy, I will make a CRT to add in all the powers I had listed, fix things here & there, and new add things from those docs, I should have time in a few days.

There wasn’t a name for the concept art (it’s just that), and that the title was just the OPs name. I went to the official kirby_jp post and no mention of a name.

Tho since it’s just concept art nothing will come of it even if the name was void birth arena.

So new kirby trailer is out

lore wise

if you look here you can see what seems to be a massive amount of Another Dimension star portals scattered throughout the whole area

also we now know whats a date it is either a demo or the full game realeasing in march 22th i think all i know its late

Back