• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

Excellent. I was aware those novels existed and waswaiting for fan translations. They (somehow) got a page in the Kirby wiki, every game has its own version in novel and they also have some extra ones along the way, and they all share the same continuity. You may all think it like Archie Sonic, but it will never end and yet have the downside of being for kids. I don't mind that as I'm interested in what different stats they may have (as petty as that sounds), as well as a bit for the appreciation I got for the series and sheer curiosity over how they develop events from the games in words since in canon things just kinda happen.

I recommend to support this as much as possible, it's relatively new and needs the "We would love to see more of this" treatment.

How many of you knew that there is an official Kirby novel in Japan? It takes place after the events of Return To Dreamland and it confirms that Sphere Doomers have the power to connect the extra-dimensional road to the main universe and that Meta-Knight is (or at least was) the strongest fighter in the verse. Here's a fan translation:
https://friendship-ended-with-pokespe.tumblr.com/post/634659553820196864/kirby-meta-knight-and-the-strongest-warrior-in
I remember that Efi had said once that there is ton of untraslated mangas and novels for Kirby
It is always great to get more traslated stuff for Kirby

Looking at the link with more time they were making translations of it for years, I asked if there was any translation of those novels in their page in the Kirby wiki and they told me nothing. I'm gonna put them as background noice while I do other stuff and them make some profiles out of them.

I found a few regarding star allies.
SO MANY STUFF TO READ!!
I will give that a read after finish the one about Galacta Knight

Also since there isn't other place to talk about that I read the first chapter (I am kinda a slow reader and was having other stuff to do so I didn't read more)
There is something amazing in the start with the King, Waddle dee and Kirby going together shoping and eating and that image where the three see the poster, there was something great in that image honnestly
The encoter between Moa and Sword Knight and dialogues between knights in itself was funny especially the great "backstroy" for the Meta-Knights lol
It seems fun for now and I am sure the rest gonna be fun too

I will make a Sandbox and add in quotes, when Kirby inhales an enemy they turn into the hat he has for a Copy Ability and it's said that he instantly becomes good using Copy Abilities, things like that I'm not going to miss at all. I'll be making the profile for Kirby after going through all novels.

Last edited:
I don't have time to read them so I'll rely on you guys and hopefully Meteorz when it comes to VS stuff and lore stuff respectively.

The novels explain why Meta Knight lost to Haltmann works.

Basically, Susie took his men hostage and he surrendered without resistance.

Doctor kirby makes Kirby notably smarter (analyzed a complex plan of a haltmann building and fully understood it in seconds)

Yes, he began acting highly differently, calling waddle dee assistant and acting like a smartass, all while forcing waddle dee to call him Doctor Kirby

Eh, he's fine. Just a bit obsessed with food but when wasn't he? I adore that he sometimes disses dedede back, it gives him personality.

Also novels aren't technically canon to the games. The stories diverge but are almost the same.

Haltmann is alive and well

I'm only some novels in and, not gonna lie, I'm having a blast. I just had to get past the characters being insufferable in the first one. The way I go through them and that I recommend is this: Download a text reader in your phone with the option to read things faster than normal, copy something in a chapter and then use the option to copy everything in the page, paste that in the text reader and have it read it to you at whatever speed you feel like, go to the next chapter and so on.

You will end up reading it all before me like that, as I keep info here. I already said that I will start making the profile for Kirby later, and likely other characters that matter too, but I will keep this thread updated with whatever characters I'm dismissing so that others may create them a Sandbox with their info to make them a profile later. Case in point; Daroach.

Basically, the stories have similar structure to the games, but only the robobot and the star allies ones cover the games, the rest cover events in between.
Thing is, many characters are different in their own way (kirby can talk) and tbh I'm having trouble understanding whether or not the Star allies story is canon to the novels.

Now about the differences, it is such differences as:
-waddle dee serves dedede and is best friends with kirby (might be bandana dee)
-haltmann is a alive
-the mecha knight and dedede fights happen one after the other
-Director Kanno (or whatever the heck his name was) exists, who's a doctor working on haltmann machines

Ectm

"
Being hugged tightly by Chilly, who is made of snow, made Kirby shiver, but Chilly just wouldn't
seem to let go of him. In fact, he was cuddling up to Kirby with all his might.
"Ah, you're so cute, Kirby. I love you!"
"I l-l-l-love you too, C-Chilly. W-we're friends now."
"Yeah, friends! Let me come along with you too, Kirby!"
"Yeah, let's go!" "

So Kirby's friend heart is no joke.

Kirby be turning all the frogs gay

"W-what's happening? Dedede's been eating non-stop for half a day now... all the food's even
gone rotten somehow!" Bandana Waddle Dee whispered, looking rather pale.
"The rotten food must be Dedede's doing," Poppy Bros. Jr. said. "See how the air around him
looks all nasty? I think that's what's causing the food to rot."
And he was right. There was a deeply sinister air surrounding King Dedede, and whenever that
air made contact with food, it sucked all the freshness out of it and turned it rotten.

Thought this is interesting

What Waddle Dee saw out that window was not the typical sleepy, peaceful Dream Land sky,
but rather one filled with purple clouds that cast an imposing shadow on the land below.
"Hey, those clouds..." Kirby began saying to the still-weak Dedede. "They've got to be why
everyone in Dream Land is acting so weird!

The hearts created clouds above dreamland which manipulate people all across dreamland. Not everyone, but many

I made a comment in that video saying my usual pathetic attempt to organize things up. If anyone wants to take pics on their own and use sites to translate those bits anyway then so be it.

The novels are obviously its own continuity, that couldn't be more clear. There is no "technically" in it because if you remove the technically it's still its own continuity.

Regardless of that, Kirby talks in the games too, he just got too flanderized to keep on doing it now.

It would be bad flanderization, I get the theme of simplification in the series but it kinda shoots itself in the foot due to overly doing things too simply and playing safe. They can't just establish that a character can talk full sentences at times and then ignore that forever, it implies to take away part of what little intelligence he had to sell it off as less developed and therefore more marketable, in a way that takes less effort to create. A character that's seen as mostly cute but kinda dumb and with some level of intelligence occasionally seen shouldn't have its intelligence downgraded "because it wasn't a small part of its character anyway". I heard Sora from Kingdom Hearts used to have some more notable levels of intelligence in earlier games but then got downgraded in a very displeasing way, despite his character being mostly the same as what he always shows is still there.

The last time we saw Kirby talk was in Epic Yarn/its remake, with context existing that should have made him talk in Star Allies.

Back