• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

So things to begin noting:
-https://kirby.nintendo.com/#wallpaper
-there's a bigass london type castle in the game
-kirby has a gun
-there are AD portals
-Whispy is thicc
-https://kirby.nintendo.com/news-and-videos/#!/explore-a-mysterious-world-with-kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-on-march-25

It seems that the current plot is: there is a beast pack in the forgotten land and they are kidnapping waddle dees for whatever reason.
Kirby is trying to stop them with the help of his new friend Elfilin.

Judging by how it is going and the amount of what seems to be AD portals in the background, i wouldn't be surprised if the beast pack is controlled by an extra dimensional hyper god of chaos that will collapse reality and wants waddle dees because he uses suffering souls as fuel.

For somewhere that doesn’t appear to be Dreamland, there’s an awful lot of Waddle Dees here. Is this where they come from or something?

580.jpg

From the official kirby page about the new game:

" Quickly begin two-player co-op play* on the same system by sharing a Joy-Con … especially when you feel like driving home a point!"
37886763.jpg

Didn't see the dimensional rifts/holes before, hopefully somebody did Magolor's feat again. That's hyped AF and only requires to create a copy of the same area but to run over with obstacles.

Didn't see the dimensional rifts/holes before, hopefully somebody did Magolor's feat again. That's hyped AF and only requires to create a copy of the same area but to run over with obstacles.
or maybe even something better.
Who knows, maybe there's gonna be more info which will prove Pepto's cosmology and boost the crap out of the verse.
We shouldn't get our hopes up but either way it's near guaranteed to have something to do with Another dimension and that means that there's a big cosmic baddie behind it all.

or maybe even something better.
Who knows, maybe there's gonna be more info which will prove Pepto's cosmology and boost the crap out of the verse.
I see that as impossible.
We shouldn't get our hopes up but either way it's near guaranteed to have something to do with Another dimension and that means that there's a big cosmic baddie behind it all.
Yes, or somebody stole ancient tech.

Also can we just appreciate that Hal just disappeared for a while, made kirby fighters 2 as a minor game and then came at us with a Mario Odyssey level game (have you seen the bigass london birdge-esque world like daaaaayumn)?
I wonder if they plan anything else for this year.
Maybe some minor game?

Either way i wish for a kirby rpg

I see that as impossible
I mean kirby isn't new to lore dumps (hyness rant) and sciency words so maybe it can. I also don't think it will happen cause that's how the law of unfairness works but ey, one can dream right? It's what kirby tells us to do.

That Dedede-Directory post about Galacta Knight and how he appears "appears across time, space, and eras" "in many worlds" right before they gave the trailer for the new game to me 90% confirms GK will be there.

Btw, everytime he gets one of those "strongest in the galaxy" claims I need to make this bigger. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't funny.

Galacta knight before meeting people from popstar: Strongest warrior in the galaxy

Galacta knight after meeting people from popstar:
images

That's just the old Waddle Dee render now he's not going to angrily maul you

also, now Kirby has Sex Pistols, nice

Also, Elfilin looks ok i guess, his design is decent but better to wait to what the game gives off him

apparently gun kirby is named ranger kirby.

So not only did they put in the "kirby with a gun" meme but also the "kirby is calling the police" meme in the game and they fused it into one

Speaking of Elfilin, i don't think he's gonna be Marx 3 or Magolor 2, at most imo he will likely be another "cute helper character who helps Kirby as one of the main protagonist and after the game finishes he dissapears for years and appears again just to make a cameo/or for fanservice"

Speaking of Elfilin, i don't think he's gonna be Marx 3 or Magolor 2, at most imo he will likely be another "cute helper character who helps Kirby as one of the main protagonist and after the game finishes he dissapears for years and appears again just to make a cameo/or for fanservice"
i hope so too.
I mean the fairy girl exists and she ain't evil

i think it may be an announcement of a non-Kirby related game
“New issue will release it on Monday, February 21. In addition to detailed news about Kirby and The Forgotten Land, we’ve also included a new game that we didn’t expect! … I have a feeling that a new title will be announced”.
"However, 2022 marks Kirby’s 30th anniversary and Nintendo has said to expect activity."
Yes, there's the quip that "it’s not clear if the publication is referring to a new Kirby title specifically, or just a new game of an unknown series.", but you get what I'm saying.

Galacta knight before meeting people from popstar: Strongest warrior in the galaxy

Galacta knight after meeting people from popstar:
images
It gets worse every time too. Last time he got dusted by a butterfly. I can’t wait to see how he’ll get dusted now.

To list
  • More elasticity feats
  • More body control feats
  • Possession of inanimate things on contact, like that car
  • And we will see about those amped abilities, it can be simply OE stuff and that's fine
I also wanted to say, there is a Waddle Dee giving stats and numbers about stuff around the world. If they make that info be from worlds in Another Dimension then that would skyrocket the number of universes there. There should be a small chance of that.

I also wanted to say, there is a Waddle Dee giving stats and numbers about stuff around the world. If they make that info be from worlds in Another Dimension then that would skyrocket the number of universes there.
Jesse in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Season 3 while being possessed by Yubel during his "genocidal maniac on a multiversal killing spree" shtick:

Back