• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

The way Kirby "talked" in Epic Yarm seemed more like internal monologue and narrator translations of his "poyos". That's how I saw it at least. I don't like seeing Kirby talk in the same way I don't like seeing Mario speak anything other than very basic english and italian jibberish. To each thier own, I guess

"The black shapes continued to fall out giving mysterious whispers. They were curses; hatred, obsession, jealousy, desire. The power of darkness that Hyness poured in was boiling over in the form of a cursed hysteria. The red liquid was tears of blood. They were never-ending drops of sadness and despair. Both were dangerous substances. If touched, they would be sucked into a darkness they could never escape."

Damn. Also curse manipulation.

Gradually– the space around them began to shake and distort.

“What… on Earth…!?”

For a single moment, all the sound disappeared and the area calmed down.

But right after, Kirby and his friends were caught in a tremendous whirlpool and soared into the air.

Space manip

"The black shapes continued to fall out giving mysterious whispers. They were curses; hatred, obsession, jealousy, desire. The power of darkness that Hyness poured in was boiling over in the form of a cursed hysteria. The red liquid was tears of blood. They were never-ending drops of sadness and despair. Both were dangerous substances. If touched, they would be sucked into a darkness they could never escape."

Damn. Also curse manipulation.
The edge

Yeah Mia Takase just went "yeah my series is cute and cuddly, time to describe a bleeding heart getting stabbed whilst it shoots out blood, hatred and obsession.

Also Meta Knight and the knight of Hades low key best novel. It is surprisingly serious and has a good story and pay off.

In short, Meta knight almost dies to a toxic trap set up by a guy who stole his sword and began impersonating him named Beryl. Meta knight is now a soul in the underworld who has 3 days to escape. He hangs out with a butterfly named Papi who wants him to stay but also wants to help him. There is a type of red butterflies that apparently react to agonizing last screams of great warriors. They come and create morpho knight. Meta knight decides to fight morpho knight, being the megalomaniac that he is. Meanwhile Kirby WD and Dedede try to catch the criminal while MK is getting treated. Beryl leads them to a temple where he summons Galacta knight via a portal to another dimension. Kirby, Dedede and GK clash whilst the Meta knights and Waddle dee catch Beryl. GK f-ing dies and screams loud af and in the underworld the red Butterfly decides to go to galacta knight. MK jumps in the diatorted space but Papi stays there for some reason. Mk is sad. Anyways, Morpho knight appears, Dedede and Kirby are out of comission and Meta knight appeared, got galaxia from waddle dee and drops Morpho's ass. Day is saved, Meta knight has an emotional moment.

Yeah they pretty much dropped the usual childish tone for that one.
I feel like Mia Takase is a Meta knight fan. He gets lots of character development in here and the stories about him seem the most peculiar.

I put here stuff for the profiles.

I'm not gonna update the blog for a while as I will write first what I would have there in a blog of notes. So, you guys can make a sandbox, then copy & paste that blog I made, and add in new feats & powers there, I could then add in the rest of info from all the novels minus what you guys wrote. That could be helpful.

Also does anyone know what's the tier for shaking a house?

I put here stuff for the profiles.

I'm not gonna update the blog for a while as I will write first what I would have there in a blog of notes. So, you guys can make a sandbox, then copy & paste that blog I made, and add in new feats & powers there, I could then add in the rest of info from all the novels minus what you guys wrote. That could be helpful.

Also does anyone know what's the tier for shaking a house?
Shaking a house is tier like 9. Also would you like a spoiler? If so then read the next message, it gives us tiers.

It is stated many times that for Galacta knight destroying a star is childs play. Planets are constantly refered to as stars in the novels thus the tier would be
5-A

The halberd-kirby fusion has an attack called planet buster

I was trying to dodge spoilers, sorry. That's why I said the other comment, I'll only keep the blog updated on which novels I'm taking info of so far, and which characters I'm ignoring so that others may take care of them (if they have stuff that connects over main characters then that much I'm keeping the info of). Any of you can paste "?action=watch" at the end of the link of the blog to select following it.

There is no more novels after the one for GK in the site linked above, where can I read the rest? Also a thread should be made for this, we are this close to having profiles.

I have no idea. I stumbled upon the ones I linked while researching something else Kirby related. What are the profiles missing?

Also @Eficiente i saw your profiles and i have a slight issue. You see, Meta knight fought Galacta at one point prior to the events in the novels and it was a tie. By that time galacta knight already had the star destroying statement. Considering most game events already happened in the novels, albeit with changes, this would mean Meta Knight probably fought it around Super star Ultra, whilst the first novels describe events around the time of Triple Deluxe and Return to Dreamland.

Another issue is the 4-C. Rather a question. Wasn't destroying any star with ease a high 4-C rating similarily to how destroying any planet is 5-A?

Like how people who continuously destroy many planets are given 5-A based on the fact that they destroy many of them which 99% of the time includes the large ones too.

Galacta knight is not only stated to be capable of destroying a star with ease but is also a threat to the entire galaxy which suggests he is also in that range

so kirby twitter made this post
キミは、淵源を巡る英雄が放つチョー強力な攻撃「時界大斬閃」を見たコトはあるカナ? 次元を切りさいて空間ゴト攻撃してくるワザなんダケド、実はたま~にデッカイ紫色のハートが見えるみたいなんダヨォ! きっと次元のハザマには色々なモノが存在スルんだろうネェ…。

here's is google translate translation
Do you know what you saw when you saw the powerful attack "Tokikai Daisatsusen" released by the hero over Fuchigen?
It's a trick that cuts the dimension and attacks the space, but in fact, it seems that you can sometimes see a big purple heart!
I'm sure there are various things in the dimensional Hazama.

here is a better translation some cool dude made
"Have you ever seen the 'Time Realm Grand Slash", that super powerful attack used by Aeon Hero? It's a move that cuts through dimensions, attacking space itself, but apparently you can also sometimes see a huge purple heart in it!" (1/3)
"I bet there's lots of stuff there in the space between dimensions..." (2/3)

Translator's notes: Aeon Hero's move mentioned here doesn't have an official English name as far as I know, so I just translated it literally. It does sound a bit akward translated literally like that, so an official name would probably adapt it differently. (3/3)

Hopefully i am not just finding this tweet and everyone simply knows about it without my knowledge

We did know about it in the sense that it's already in my blog and in Effi's cosmology blog. The whole jigen thing is probably something most people didn't know about, but I was saving it for later. Thanks for the link though, it should be useful in proving my point even more when the time comes.

One thing I'm not entirely sure of in this Tweet particularly, is when is Jiggen used? Dimensions are brought up twice. Does it say Jigen twice, too?

One thing I'm not entirely sure of in this Tweet particularly, is when is Jiggen used? Dimensions are brought up twice. Does it say Jigen twice, too?
yes. The kanji is brought up twice consistently.

use ctrl+f to search up the kanji in the text if you need to.

Also wouldn't that mean that Galacta knight might have some sort of Time manip too?

anyways what do you think the jamba heart has to do with it? is it just the thing for heroes in anohter dimension or sth?

Y'all have any speed calculators? I can't find a good one that can handle the girth of the calc

yes. The kanji is brought up twice consistently.

use ctrl+f to search up the kanji in the text if you need to.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Thanks.
Also wouldn't that mean that Galacta knight might have some sort of Time manip too?
I think he already has that on his profile? I'd need to double check.
anyways what do you think the jamba heart has to do with it? is it just the thing for heroes in anohter dimension or sth?
I'm not sure what you're asking

Apparently there's some...manga i guess?
Kirby fan of the stars or sth, the third issue releases sep 2

actually nvm it seems to be a magazine i think

it is called kirby of the stars fan... ok i give up i cannot translate it any other way rn.

Back