• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

EiJL_U9XYAEu7PJ.png
maxresdefault.jpg
D0b1tI_WoAMs9q8.jpg

it has some mouthful mode footage and renders for upgraded abilities? you guys probably dont need this but am gonna post it anyways..

時空や時代を超えて現れるナゾの剣士「ギャラクティックナイト」だな。 様々な世界に登場し、封印された記録が残されている危険なヤツだ。 銀河最強と呼ばれる強大な力を前に、カービィやメタナイトですら苦戦を強いられたと聞く…ゴクリ。 だ、大丈夫だ!オレさまがいる限り何度でも追い返してやる!

the lore is in this tweet

DeepL translates it to roughly
The Galactic Knight is a mysterious swordsman who appears to transcend time, space, and era.
It's a dangerous guy who has appeared in various worlds, and has been sealed away in records.
It is said that even Kirby and Meta Knight were forced to fight against the mighty power of the galaxy's strongest....
Don't worry! As long as I'm here, I'll drive it back again and again!

There is already a translation on the comments by the same guy who always translates those posts, other nintendo stuff and knows Japanese, transcend as a word is pure wank like many other things.

There is already a translation on the comments by the same guy who always translates those posts, other nintendo stuff and knows Japanese, transcend as a word is pure wank like many other things.
yeah ik that transcend in this case is probably just not giving a ***** about space time and appearing wherever he wants, still it is a cool lore bit

時空や時代を超えて現れるナゾの剣士「ギャラクティックナイト」だな。 様々な世界に登場し、封印された記録が残されている危険なヤツだ。 銀河最強と呼ばれる強大な力を前に、カービィやメタナイトですら苦戦を強いられたと聞く…ゴクリ。 だ、大丈夫だ!オレさまがいる限り何度でも追い返してやる!

the lore is in this tweet

DeepL translates it to roughly
The Galactic Knight is a mysterious swordsman who appears to transcend time, space, and era.
It's a dangerous guy who has appeared in various worlds, and has been sealed away in records.
It is said that even Kirby and Meta Knight were forced to fight against the mighty power of the galaxy's strongest....
Don't worry! As long as I'm here, I'll drive it back again and again!

Didn't this already existed? It appears on the Galacta Knight 'Strongest in the Galaxy' imgur post

Also, i myself wouldn't trust DeepL alot in translating Kirby

Galacta Knight's description got a new translation, might be interresting

"Because of that power, all of them have been slaughtered
An old swordfighter who could be.
Unknown, not a clone
It was wandered over time and space from a different space road.
Takiroku, which has been used in various times
It remains, but I haven't been able to make it happen."

"Because of that power, all of them have been slaughtered
An old swordfighter who could be.
Unknown, not a clone
It was wandered over time and space from a different space road.
Takiroku, which has been used in various times
It remains, but I haven't been able to make it happen."
if you click the post there's a traslation

It seems that it actually means Another Dimensional and not 'Extra Dimensional' and that the beyond space-time is actually a mistranslation, so yea, this translation seems pretty useful

I also recommend this doc i found, not for the translations in this, but it contains the japanese raws that can be translated

It seems that it actually means Another Dimensional and not 'Extra Dimensional' and that the beyond space-time is actually a mistranslation, so yea, this translation seems pretty useful

I also recommend this doc i found, not for the translations in this, but it contains the japanese raws that can be translated
oh yeah we've been using that for a while now

My switch charger broke so i can't play the demo, though i saw it.

A few things to note:
kirby can freeze bosses temporarily using ice kirby
hidden figure is indeed dedede
Kirby got twisted into multiple shapes and forms while going through the portal

I also saw the gamexplain video discussing the full game and
We have a reward road which seems to be similar to Another Dimension, that is what the portals lead to

12 orange butterflies at the grasslands at dreamland
hard throbbing antennas looking for corpses

Back