• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Justice for Tokyo Revengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys bring proof if someone getting blatantly outsped or blitzed by guns without pis? Because we literally have one bullet dodging and one bullet outpacing/bullet timer feat (Izana saving Kakucho) but you guys are ignoring it.
Brah you are grasping at straws now the guy legit missed he even says it, you even cut out the panel of it💀💀😭 that's why yall never calculated this or bothered until now because it blatantly not a bullet dodge
You are blatantly ignoring our points and we are at fault here? You presented the same 2 misintepreted scans in all of the threads about this topic where we presented many more and much better constructed arguments and interpreted scans. The bias is wild.
I absolutely don't see the need to comment on his talking about why fictional characters make exaggerated expressions or say "WHAT!!" When I've provided blatant panels where they say why they are exaggerated and comment on characters strength and yall take those and say its cause he blitzed him. So absolutely when you blatantly misread and lie I don't feel the need to comment on it

Heck the fact that Takemichi even hears him before he gets there means that bro is blatantly not even moving at transonic let alone supersonic speeds as he isn't outpacing his own sound, in fact even assume a blitz is just inserting your own headcanon when the only thing they commented on to begin with was only his strength and how he took them all out it "one hit" not how he is faster than sound 💀
There are many calculated and accepted feats higher than the speed of sound where they don't break the sound barrier or create sonicbooms in the wiki. This is just the same shit.

It doesn't have to be stated, it's something we can all see and witness. The point is, Mikey in beginning of the series (August 2005) fought on par with Hanma, but at Tenjiku arc (around 2006 January or February), he's already stronger than someone who is Massively superior to hanma. The profile is incorrect because it's outdated.
Nah you are starting with the assumption that Izana is massively superior than Hanma when he isn't, also how do you justifie the fact South had problem keeping up with the legendary duo but when his urges activated we directly no diffed them? Mikey and South ***** work the same way
Here, South is topless and has the crazy crazed look, something he has when he's on Dark Urges
here he wasn't in DI and had a crazy face.
Doesn't change the fact that it was against the 1st Generation Black Dragons morals, nothing changes the fact that what they did is completely against what 1st gen leader values.
We don't really see the outcome of the action, they guy they tried it with may be astronomically weaker than Taiju as far as we know, also still Wakasa and benkei were on pair with South while Inuio got no difffed, sorry but the fear thing is comppletely assumed even because Inui probably didn't even knoe South beated Kakucho.
Because Senju's true potential isn't the same as Mikey's dark impulses and South's urges. South and Mikey's are involuntary while Senju's wasn't.
Senju decided to hold back before Chapter 229 because of Takeomi, after that she has no reasons to hold back.
Yes but as I pointed out Senju decided to stop holding back even because he had problem fightin with South, he hadn't problem ifghting with those guys, and I enver said they are the same thing but they work in a similar way, DI makes South and Mikey stronger while FP makes Senju stronger and all them have a visible aura during the activation, there isn't much to say here.

I find this really funny how this feat got removed, someone tried to remove the Izana's feat in this thread
and randomly said that this feat is not for the thread even though he brought it up.
And he then said the same thing he said before in this thread without being able to debunk any of the things
I've brought up before, and then sadly, it was automatically agreed upon by Therefir without any of the genuine supporters being able to voice their opinions.
The maths and method for this got accepted in the previous thread, but it's denied and deemed an outlier due to breaking this rule, the rule basically states that when two characters are comparable and a calculation results in the other characters being a lot faster, then the feat is an outlier. But that's not the case since the characters are falsely claimed to be comparable to one another.

There are many calculated and accepted feats higher than the speed of sound where they don't break the sound barrier or create sonicbooms in the wiki. This is just the same shit.
No its remotely the same with this series and I've already told you to stop comparing this to other series it simply doesn't work like that

Ant I feel as though we can get some content or thread mods along some CGMs here already as these are just the same previous arguments from literally like every other thread, I do feel that after several dozens of threads heck there apparently 6 going on at once thanks to Hollow, I think its past time we establish some discussion rules for this verse because the same shit that's been rejected time and time again even under the watch of about a dozen CGMs keeps getting threads with the same exact stuff being proposed and being rejected
I also advocate for discussion rules, as it's getting tiresome to deal with the same arguments (this means presenting new arguments using existing evidence in order to continue a familiar discussion).

Nah you literally cut the context, Take started to move earlier than the guy decided to shot, bro just missed
Thanks both you and Zefra that's prime proof they're willing to just blatantly lie again to suit the arguments they want and others will accept it

Also Dino I called it because I do know the chapter and Zefra literally posted the scans as well, so don't sit here and bs me when half the shit here is reportable or frowned upon. You should definitely be looked at with more scrutiny for even attempting that one

No its remotely the same with this series and I've already told you to stop comparing this to other series it simply doesn't work like that
The accepted 404 m/s DI Mikey calculation doesn't have sonic booms as well? What is your point here?

I guess so, I mean using a katana at the end of the day "increase your speed", the katana would move faster than your arm so I guess we can put sanzu with a weapon on that level and Sanzu without just captain level?
Forgot to reply to this,
It doesn't really matter since Sanzu with a metal pipe which is around the same length as katana is relative with Ran with a baton.
I explained that weapons with instant lethality are exaggerated.

For other points, (I can't hit reply properly)

Wakasa and Benkei don't look that different from before and after they fought Taiju. Here, Taiju EXPLICITLY said that they were tired by Inui and Koko, if they aren't tired at the beginning of their fight, Taiju wouldn't say that.

For Inui thing, we have direct evidence of him being relative with legendary duo, he is able to not fight south. South, Mikey and Senju were the most popular characters at the time, so it's highly possible that they he knew South defeated Kakucho, anyways based on feats he should be above base south

The accepted 404 m/s DI Mikey calculation doesn't have sonic booms as well? What is your point here?
I would say we should remove it if it's what you want

Jokes aside, sonic booms are inconsistent in every single fictional verse, people who should no diff bullet but die by them is another story, if lookism have the same problem I would suggest you to make CRT about that.

the "How did I miss" part doesn't even match the font of the text. This is literally a fake scan.
mh here you go, also I didn't even point that out, I simply said Takemichi moved eralier than the guy decided to shoot, you are the only one who mentioned that statment

Forgot to reply to this,
It doesn't really matter since Sanzu with a metal pipe which is around the same length as katana is relative with Ran with a baton.
Nah, the fact he got hit is a matter of reaction, the fact he can keep up with kakucho is beacuse the katana "increase" his attacks speed

For other points, (I can't hit reply properly)

Wakasa and Benkei don't look that different from before and after they fought Taiju. Here, Taiju EXPLICITLY said that they were tired by Inui and Koko, if they aren't tired at the beginning of their fight, Taiju wouldn't say that.
Uh
For Inui thing, we have direct evidence of him being relative with legendary duo, he is able to not fight south. South, Mikey and Senju were the most popular characters at the time, so it's highly possible that they he knew South defeated Kakucho, anyways based on feats he should be above base south
he got low diffed by a non serious legendary duo come on

Don't comment on here if you don't understand anything, thank you.
I understand that this verse somehow has been flooded with some of the worst stonewailing maybe in this wiki to the point it was about to be deleted and in the end it was not because staffs decided to decide alone with one or two resonable supports.

Oh did you guys just post untrue scans just to support your points? Man every single one of you should actually be reported.

Nah you are starting with the assumption that Izana is massively superior than Hanma when he isn't, also how do you justifie the fact South had problem keeping up with the legendary duo but when his urges activated we directly no diffed them? Mikey and South ***** work the same way
I was talking about Kakucho, he was at prime at Tenjiku arc, and I already established the scaling chain between Kakucho and Hanma.
Mikey and South's doesn't work the same way, I've told you before, Mikey resists the impulses, South doesn't. Mikey impulses gets stronger the more he gets empty. South's urges gets stronger the more he gets excited when he fights.
here he wasn't in DI and had a crazy face.
They are not that similar, and south was topless against Kakucho, which is what happens when he is on DU.

We don't really see the outcome of the action, they guy they tried it with may be astronomically weaker than Taiju as far as we know, also still Wakasa and benkei were on pair with South while Inuio got no difffed, sorry but the fear thing is comppletely assumed even because Inui probably didn't even knoe South beated Kakucho.
I think we are going by the feats we can see.

For Senju, she just stopped holding back it's simple, as that's the thing we can derive from the manga.

Now seriously, get staff, the links work, we need someone to evaluate the speed thing and the scaling chains presented my morris and me

EDIT: @MorrisHatesYou if it's ok for you I would stop discussing the scaling chain, my points won't be much different and probably not even yours, let's see what the staff think, is not like I'm ignoring points but seriously I won't say much different things, that's the point.

@Antvasima

mh here you go, also I didn't even point that out, I simply said Takemichi moved eralier than the guy decided to shoot, you are the only one who mentioned that statment
You just sent the same thing. And Takemichi moves his head out the way after the guy shoots lol. That's pretty obvious.

Lol sure bud
These both manga scans are literally the same and they both don't match with the font.

What exactly is the reasoning for Mikey gaining Fear Manipulation? I skimmed the thread and I do not understand what the argument is.

Now I've just talked to Corbin, he said he's gonna reply here, we'll wait his input before doing anything now since he's the most knowledgeable persons on the Wiki about TR.

Okay. So the contention is that whatever Mikey is doing there that results in people reacting to him fearfully, must be the result of a supernatural power? If so, I would completely disagree. This is textbook social influencing.

Up front, I have not read the manga, I've only watched the anime. I am sure there may be something I am missing, but aside from Takemichi's time travel power there's no indication of anyone in this series having supernatural abilities of any kind, right? Obviously their physical abilities are not realistic, but they do not actually have superpowers. I absolutely reject making Mikey an exception to this without extremely straightforward evidence that people aren't just afraid of him because of how angry he looks and the way he's carrying himself.

Up front, I have not read the manga, I've only watched the anime. I am sure there may be something I am missing, but aside from Takemichi's time travel power there's no indication of anyone in this series having supernatural abilities of any kind, right? Obviously their physical abilities are not realistic, but they do not actually have superpowers. I absolutely reject making Mikey an exception to this without extremely straightforward evidence that people aren't just afraid of him because of how angry he looks and the way he's carrying himself.
Mikey's Dark Impulse (the aura that surronds him when he looks at people) is a curse he got from his brother upon killing a homeless man to get time traveling abilities to save Mikey in the original timeline so Dark Impulse is definitely a supernatural power.

I don't understand any of this. A gun sfx overlapping with a panel literally means that those gunshots happen at the same time the panel takes place. Kisaki shoots the first bullet and we see the second sfx overlapping with the panel where Izana saves Kakucho. This means Izana completely outsped the first bullet.
Not generally. One of the SFX overlay Takemichi's reactions. If you were to follow that rule then that easily contradicts the fact that mangas are read from right to left. Secondly, I don't think you are understanding my comments.
Morris clarifies which stimuli Izana reacts so please read the thread fully first before commenting.
I did to be honest, and there's no good reason by either side. The other side even paused on the matter. I share similar opinion but my arguments are truly different.
So the whole 315 reply thread is just CGMs telling us that the distance in the calc is wrong? Seems logical.
Tbh I don't want to lie but I read the bit of the thread and it just goes in circles. The distance is also a big problem. Arguments of Agnaa and DMUA weren't well-satisfied or even well-received.
What does this even mean?
All I mean is that both are unrelated.
I don't understand how this is an argument. Senju just holds back until she fights South. Casual Senju doesn't scale anywhere.
What do you mean by casual Senju? The Senju we are talking about was ready to die, this surely isn't any casual Senju.
They could have just shot Senju if she was slower than a gun? If you have a gun vs a character slower than a bullet, you will just win. That's literally it.
Not really. Senju has like subsonic+ speed with supersonic reactions. So, even though she should be unable to dodge gunshots, she definitely should be better at random precognitions, come on, this isn't even a debate, you are not understanding me.
You missed the whole point. Sanzu massively downscales from Kakucho in speed with a pipe but he still manages to overwhelm him when he has a Katana. The speed difference of a person swinging a pipe and a sword should be either the same or really really close. How would Sanzu overwhelm Kakucho when the speed difference between them is this big then? Because lethality weapons are exaggerated in the verse which is our point here.
You shouldn't use the word "massively" at least here, the difference between Mikey and the mid tiers is massive, not between high tiers and mid tiers, all high tiers have more is supersonic reactions NOTHING MUCH. Also, I already told you how your sword attacks are much faster than your plain attacks.
Need to see some source about that one.
Check the official reference for common feats.
Let's assume that humans can actually swing swords at 97 m/s. You know Kakucho scales to Subsonic+ right? How is 97 m/s speed a problem when Kakucho scales above it?
You are not understanding me. All I mean is that a superhuman speed of 20 m/s reaches around 97 m/s. If the ratio remains good, even subsonic+ speeds of 171.5 m/s can reach up to 831.775 m/s (not intended for scaling).

I am sure there may be something I am missing, but aside from Takemichi's time travel power there's no indication of anyone in this series having supernatural abilities of any kind, right?
I don't reckon them having any supernatural abilities other than Takemichi's time travel, but Mikey dark impulses (the mode in which people fear him) is connected to the time travel ability.

Basically, in the orginal timeline, Mikey died and Shinichiro(his older brother) overheard people talking about Homeless guy who claimed to have time travelling power. Shinichiro approached the homeless guy and asked him about how he got the power, the homeless guy said he got it by killing the guy who had it, Shinichiro then killed the homeless guy and he tried to commit suicide after that, but instead of dying, he got back to day where Mikey died. But this time, instead of dying, Mikey got the dark impulses.

I think you aren't reading my posts properly, the first SFX was shown EXCLUSIVELY on Kisaki's panel.
You aren't understanding my point. I want to say that there's no clue what the SFX are trying to hint. Some of them are even overlaying Takemichi's reaction, which in normal manga reading sense should happen afterwards and this is the only conclusion.
You're ignoring what I said again, the thing is, Kisaki was entirely blitzed, so it's something happening in an instant.
I don't know where do you get the "Kisaki was entirely blitzed" argument. If not, he at least realizes it, reaction is still a different thing.
Here it does, Kisaki's hands were moved because he shot the gun. Here what wakui wants to show is Izana saving Kakucho, that's it.
You cannot guess an author's thought. And it isn't like motion blur suggests high speeds in any way. We did this for the umbrella calc as well and that got rejected.
This doesn't really disprove anything. Senju was holding back the entire time before chapter 229.
Nope. Senju was ready to die. There wasn't really any kind of mental state or any supernatural suppression stopping her from doing so, it was just her decision. And I don't know where does this "It happened once so it happens every time logic comes from".
A character being superhuman doesn't mean every of their actions are superhuman. The more distance is moved the larger the object. Kisaki's finger isn't a long thing.
To be honest you are correct, and I get your point. But do I need to explain that both are extremely relative. I wasn't really trying to explain that.
Yeah even with a gun, they aren't really willing to take on Senju, that says "Gun is useless against Senju" which proves one thing more than the other.
(Already addressed to Dino)
He wouldn't need to do that if he could genuinely take them on with a gun.
LOL, then you are telling me that the only reason he even got them on a chair was because he was afraid that they would dodge it. Absolutely no. Kisaki only did that because of his character personality, not because he was afraid the characters would dodge his gunshots.
Look at how he countered it, Angry's leg wrapped Mucho's neck when Mucho wasn't seen to be moving much. And Mucho only got up because he remembered what Izana and Mikey told him, he was supposed to be KO'D if it wasn't for Mikey's and Izana's words.
Even Mark Zuckerberg pulled some moves like that. While that is unrelated, my point is that if you are able to throw someone good, then it doesn't really matter whether you blitz them or not. And also, I can see that Mucho also grabbed Angry. Two boxers who are both peak human cannot react to each other's attacks. Two judo participants can throw each other while one having better technique and that still wouldn't mean blitzing.
I think you agreed with me here, you're proving my point. The same is with guns because they can kill instantly, thank you.
I'm talking about exaggerated as in how the characters react to them despite the speed difference.
Yeah, while we both agree on a single point. We both are arriving on different conclusions. Secondly, I have addressed speed differences like multiple times, I am fed up with doing that in like 2 threads (even though the first one was different but eh...)
Yes, nothing disproves the speed gap.
LOL, so do you agree with me that swinging swords is faster than normal attacks, well you should.

Not generally. One of the SFX overlay Takemichi's reactions. If you were to follow that rule then that easily contradicts the fact that mangas are read from right to left. Secondly, I don't think you are understanding my comments.
Because Takemichi reacted to the 3rd gunshot? That doesn't really justify anything.

I did to be honest, and there's no good reason by either side. The other side even paused on the matter. I share similar opinion but my arguments are truly different.
Why answer to it now then?

Tbh I don't want to lie but I read the bit of the thread and it just goes in circles.
I wonder why.

What do you mean by casual Senju? The Senju we are talking about was ready to die, this surely isn't any casual Senju.
Casual Senju is Senju before revealing her potential basically. That doesn't happen until chapter 229 so 🤷‍♂️
Not really. Senju has like subsonic+ speed with supersonic reactions. So, even though she should be unable to dodge gunshots, she definitely should be better at random precognitions, come on, this isn't even a debate, you are not understanding me.
You will get hit by a bullet if you're below Supersonic and that's literally it.
It says "possibly". Using 43 m/s would be better.

Mikey dark impulses (the mode in which people fear him) is connected to the time travel ability.
Other than the time travel, and this alleged "fear aura" does Mikey display any overt supernatural powers in this mode beyond the heightened physicals that the series is known for? If not, I am not at all willing to make that assumption for this, personally.

LOL, I don't know why but the entire stuff I read, there's always a mention of characters' reaction and stuff and a hell lot of assumptions based on that. I think we should drive away from the assumptions route.

Also, I am not going to and do not advise anyone to discuss the Izana saving Kakucho feat. Season 3 will be aired from like 3rd October, and can't you guys just wait till it's adapted? There's a possibility to literally everyone's assumptions....

Because Takemichi reacted to the 3rd gunshot? That doesn't really justify anything.
That does lol. That just contradicts the manga logic. I don't think you still get me... 💀
Why answer to it now then?
Because I was temp-banned when that discussion took place.
Casual Senju is Senju before revealing her potential basically. That doesn't happen until chapter 229 so 🤷‍♂️
I am not going to address this any further. How are you getting on the topic of casual Senju when SHE WAS LITERALLY GOING TO DIE IN THAT MOMENT? I don't know but I wouldn't be casual if I was ready to die. Secondly, Senju's limitation is her decision, there's LITERALLY NO supernatural or any mental state stopping that from happening. (I hate to use caps but I don't know if you aren't understanding, or you aren't ready to understand)
You will get hit by a bullet if you're below Supersonic and that's literally it.
Mentioned stuff like random precognitions (not analytical predictions but at least some precognition which is normal in humans). Also, I don't think any of the characters there try to scale themselves and say, "OH DAMN! He is supersonic!" kind of stuff. First of all, just tell me how do they even know that the people in front of them are supersonic lol? Secondly, look how you contradict yourself:
1. Argument 1: Senju is not strong because she decided not to be strong.
2. Argument 2: Senju is strong so the random goons would not like her presence.

If Senju never showed her powers, then how do the goons even know? Like this is next-level hypocrisy...
It says "possibly". Using 43 m/s would be better.
Supersonic still. 🗿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back