• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread II: Battle Tendency

This thread is for general discussions about the series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by Hirohiko Araki.

You can ask questions about the series here.

Every jojo pic Pls don't load this thread with memes

I got scarred after Ikki Kurogane vs. Diavolo, so no thank you.

Give me my memelord time-stoppers back, please.

When Kars finally returns and gets a Stand, it should be called The Final Countdown and be the most broken, badass Stand of all time.

Kars shredding Lisa Lisa
Kars shredding Lisa Lisa

Kars playing Lisa Lisa's legs like a guitar is one of most of the ridiculous scenes in JoJo. And that's really saying something.

The bag got "uncursed" at the end of the story. And it would be occasional equipment.

But yes, it would be limited Fate Manipulation, as the objects of value you store in the back do disappear, but are destined to come back to you in some way in the future.

He's had the bag for a long time, and it is implied that he's been putting stuff in it every now and then. Its only after he got irritated enough by his stuff disappearing thar he decided to go to Gucci Headquarters to get the bag "fixed".

Actually, it's the same in the manga, just that they animated what was simply left as statements in the manga. The only new thing is that he also recorded the elders that died instead of simply taking notes.

Seeing it with audio and visuals makes me feel that way. Also, I haven't read the manga in ages so my impression has weakened over time.

I was making one but gave up midway.

Would be funny af since killing Zaihei doesn't get rid of it, and Milagro Man is its own being.

So I ended up having a gigantic rant with my brother about post-Part 2 Joseph, and I realized just how terribly he was utilized. For starters, throughout the entirety of Stardust Crusaders, did he never once consider teaching Hamon to anyone? He knew they were going up against a vampire soon, DIO, so did he never once consider that maybe Hamon would be a useful technique to teach to his companions at any time? They can remember that they should never get in a plane with him (hardy-har-har), but they can't remember that he can use Hamon and would be the best teacher they got. Heck, he even uses Hamon in his fight against the Empress Stand, and yet he can't be bothered to let everyone else know the secret? Just think how easy the Vanilla Ice fight could've been for Polnareff. And don't even get me started on how easily Jotaro could've smashed DIO with Hamon.

And then Araki somehow conveniently forgot about Hermit Purple's best ability in Diamond is Unbreakable, which is his ability to literally find people by smashing a camera with his Stand. So much time could've been saved trying to find Kira if he had just used that ability, but instead they went on a roundabout adventure that ended up costing multiple people's lives. And I get it, at that point he was starting to get senile, and it may not have been his fault that he couldn't remember certain aspects of his Stand. So I'm also shifting some of this blame onto Jotaro, since he knew about Hermit Purple's ability since their whole adventure in Egypt started with the picture of DIO and it was used multiple times during Part 3, and didn't once think to use it to find Kira. It also would've been able to get around the Kosaku Kawajiri disguise as well, and it all could've been over long before the headache that was Bites The Dust would've been realized.

All in all, Joseph was terribly underutilized after Battle Tendency, and that's saying something considering Kakyoin was horribly mismanaged and everyone knows that. So, sorry for posting this rant here, but I believe all of it is true, and I wanted to get this off of my chest.

Maybe he lost all of his useful information by filling it with Weird Al Yankovic knowledge.

Actually, there's a reason for why he couldn't track down Kira with Hermit Purple. Stand Users get in the way of Spirit Photography (at least for extremely weakened Part 4 Joseph), as he couldn't even get a picture of HIS SON without Angelo appearing instead. And when he was brought to Morioh, the plan wasn't to make him use spirit photography, but to search RHCP through the electrical wires (like he did in the fight against the younger D'Arby).

If anything, the plot hole isn't Joseph not using it but Araki not caring enough to leave half an explanation later.

Back