• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Akaza VS Gyomei (7-2-2)

He still didn't decide to die at that point and was crumbling against his own will which I find notable in this case.
He automatically started crumbling right after seeing himself and hearing Yoriichi, this should be notable too.

He automatically started crumbling right after seeing himself and hearing Yoriichi, this should be notable too.
Yeah, it does seem to have to do with his resolve wavering but it doesn't seem as if him actually wanting to die or give up is necessary for a red blade to work on him.

Yeah, it does seem to have to do with his resolve wavering but it doesn't seem as if him actually wanting to die or give up is necessary for a red blade to work on him.
And Akaza's resolve isn't going to waver unless he remembers his wife, even remembering his master didn't waver his resolve. And idk if akaza is gonna remember his wife from a 220 cm 130KG man

And Akaza's resolve isn't going to waver unless he remembers his wife, even remembering his master didn't waver his resolve. And idk if akaza is gonna remember his wife from a 220 cm 130KG man
Yeah, he is definitely not going to think of his wife. To be fair regarding his master though, he didn't really remember his past well unlike Kokushibo.

Yeah, he is definitely not going to think of his wife. To be fair regarding his master though, he didn't really remember his past well unlike Kokushibo.
Agreed. I don't think he would kill himself. But I think one thing he may do, is to run away if he sees Gyomei will overcome him

Agreed. I don't think he would kill himself. But I think one thing he may do, is to run away if he sees Gyomei will overcome him
He won't run away without the sun. even then i still dont see gyomei survivng end style but it is what it is

Which reasons if I may ask?
these reasons:

Let me add some other arguments I saw online that clear it up.

And here's something i saw online I'd like to add.
main-qimg-8a0b115f4a6ea23df3ec852bd9b0bcec-lq

And I'd like to add this on since you like to discuss relativity.

In the databook, it's stated that Kokushibo And Akaza went into a blood battle ( a death battle for demons )
And kokushibo let him live after the challenge he gave kokushibo. (Or else akaza wouldn't be alive in the series.)

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is not equal (May change if too unfair)
  • Battle Location: Derailed Mugen Train, 2 AM
  • Both in 8-A Keys
  • Starting Distance: 30 Meters
  • Gyomei is marked.
Gyomei's wincon is Akaza fleeing since he really cant kill him. (Discussed Under)
Akaza's wincon is by KO/Death.
Votes

The "Ion need no weapons" Upper Moon: 1 (@Ruenas)

Crazy Blind Man with Flail: 1 (@Kin201)

Muzan Demolishes both in an instant (Incon)
: 1 (@Dread)

Upper-Moon-3-Akaza.jpg

"That is one fine weapon. Your battle spirit is exquisite... Why don't you become a demon?"
Gyomei.jpg

"We are proud to live and die as human beings. Don't act like your worthless ideas are supreme and force them on others."
Akaza wins because even if the gyomei cuts it off, its head will regenerate and the gyomei won't be able to last until the morning.

these reasons:
Honestly, this does not clarify anything why Akaza would win this with ease. You should explain, but it is up to OP if want he counts your vote or not.

Edit: I did not see quote, my bad

Honestly, this does not clarify anything why Akaza would win this with ease. You should explain, but it is up to OP if want he counts your vote or not.

Yeah i should not make it a quote lol

u also wanna change ur vote depending on these circumstances or nah?

Dude... What? What kind of logic is this? You're contradicting so many things by saying that.

Cross verse/Inverse, abilities don't really change that much here. It is Instinctive Reaction + Precognition. Way higher than what gyomei can predict.
Gyomei on his profile doesn't resist Precognition nor Instinctive Reaction.
Akaza performed Instinctive Reaction feats while deaf and blind without a head.
Weakness Detection, Strength Perception, Precognition, Reactive Power Level, Enhanced Instinctive Reaction, Enhanced Awareness, and Enhanced Accuracy with Compass Needle.
Gyomei also has RPL but Akaza grows way faster as seen with Marked Giyuu, it was almost instant.
He can also detect Gyomei's openings very easily, and strike with enhanced accuracy, as stated by Tanjiro ' Like magnets attracting to his body.
So, marked giyuu~Gyomei? 👽

base gyomei is much stronger and faster than base giyuu though, isn't he, i wouldn't say every marked slayer is equal
What i mean is he kept up with a mark's power boost that came out of no where.
Ofc not every marked slayer is equal, but... keeping up with the amplification speed of a mark is a good feat

Gyomei's stamina is limited but it is still very remarkable and we know this. He cannot permanently kill Akaza sure, but he definitely has the resilience to last for a few hours imo. So my vote goes to Gyomei under these conditions.

Probably can't make an argument but I'll follow the thread.
gyomei fra

gyomei fra
We debunked those reasonings. I don't think i can count the votes of a debunked reason.
So for all:
Gyomei can't counter the compass needle of Akaza since, through his all characteristics, Gyomei's fighting spirit is high compared to other Hashiras. So this is an advantage for Akaza since he gets stronger. This also gave him a pre-judgment of the opponent's attack. This was also an issue with Rengoku battles.
Now, since Gyomei mark is activated, I think he can slightly win this if he got enough speed to overcome the whole fighting spirit problem (like if he got enough AP to cut him down with his nichiri chained spiked Flail and Axe.

Two ways exist to counter Compass. One is the Selfless State phenomenon, and the other is having much more power and speed than Akaza, despite not having the Selfless State trait. Marked Gyomei, with his STW, can easily beat Akaza in a 1v1 fight for a long time.

So I would say this is incon for me. The fact is, no one can beat upper moon 1 or 2 or 3 in 1v1 for a long time. But if gyomei is able to cut down his head and reduce his regeneration, Akaza may give up and kill himself (even tho I doubt it because he will enjoy the fight a lot). If gyomei is not fast enough to overcome him, I think Akaza got a chance to win.

A better match-up suggestion for me is Douma vs Gyomei (this is one of the interesting matchups ngl).

Incon makes sense. But that's the point, how long will it take for Akaza to keep up with the gyomei's pace. So, after Giyuu opened the mark, he outperformed the akaza in speed, but was able to keep up with the akaza right after. I'm trying to say: Akaza needs time to keep up with Gyomei, and in this time Gyomei can defeat the akaza.

but kin's vote was counted???? in the same way i debunked the compass 1 , 2, 3
Let's start this off. Firstly, it was counted because he was the first one to vote, I don't think he checked the thread again.

Q1.
unknown.png

A1. Akaza's Compass precog exceeds TPW's precog. Why?
"(Transparent World makes his perception of time slow down and makes the user directly see their opponent's muscles, blood flow and movements which allows them to predict their next moves. Gyomei is capable of exactly imagining the opponent instead of seeing him, and can sense them)"

"(Compass Needle allows him to accurately sense a person's Battle Spirit, allowing him to predict their movements, discern their location in his surroundings (even from his blind spots), and find and instinctively aim for their weak points and vitals with such high accuracy that his attacks are described as "being attracted by magnets" and "clinging" to his opponents. Can tell someone's strength just by looking at them, and was able to discern that Kyojuro was a Pillar at a glance. Can instinctively respond to attacks with an appropriate counter, was stated by Giyu to learn to anticipate his every move and strike back with equal accuracy as the fight went on. He can effectively fight and discern his surroundings and track his opponents without a head (deaf and blind) solely through detecting Battle Spirit)"

You tell me which predicts better, something that is based on spirit, and he doesn't even need to see his opponent.
On top of this, Gyomei cant keep TPW on at all times like Kokushibo. As we have seen in the fight it is very temporary, while Akaza's isn't.
Even if gyomei rips his head off, Akaza will still be able to react and dodge as we see it happen before.

And with enhanced accuracy and weakness detection, Akaza can strike way better and counter Gyomei's attacks.

Q2.
unknown.png

A2. We discussed Why he wouldn't "get blitzed". RPL, Precog, Instinctive reaction. Pillars have RPL, Sure, but so do demons. And theirs is way faster.. Since you know, they are demons.

Q3.
unknown.png

A3. It literally says "it doesn't help that much." You're debunking yourself without me saying anything.
And where did you get this? this is not the wiki link of Instinctive Reaction. This is just a member putting an opinion on the thread.

his compass is open but he can't even react to rengoku's attack
He couldn't react??? He broke his ribs and smashed his eye. How is that not reacting? Lmfao?

He can't dodge??? He literally dodges in the panel. And this is right after Giyuu got his mark, this elevates Akaza. He shows that he can keep up with the amplification speed of the demon slayer mark.
So, after Giyuu opened the mark, he outperformed the akaza in speed
He didn't outperform him at all. He kept up with the amplification speed of a mark almost instantly and countered everything that Giyuu dished out.

Back