• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Akaza would just react to Sanemi very easily with the compass since he doesn't have a way of concealing his battle spirit, And since speed is equal, He'd land more hits on him then he'd take.

I'll argue more about this when i am free.
If the compass allows him to react to attacks, why couldn't he fully evade attacks from the giyuu? can I ask

If the compass allows him to react to attacks, why couldn't he fully evade attacks from the giyuu? can I ask
Akaza simply wasn't going full speed. When his mark appeared, Akaza got serious at the last second, catching up to his speed.

Also, Reaction Speed =/= Combat/Movement Speed
But speed is equalized here. So he'd be able to react to anything that Sanemi would dish out.

Akaza simply wasn't going full speed. When his mark appeared, Akaza got serious at the last second, catching up to his speed.

Also, Reaction Speed =/= Combat/Movement Speed
But speed is equalized here. So he'd be able to react to anything that Sanemi would dish out.
In this case, he can only react and not evade this attack. unless the speed was equalized

Demons have a huge advantage in most of these fights due to infinite regen and stamina.

Even if Sanemi outskills Akaza, his only win condition is beheading while Akaza can win with hits to any of Sanemi's vital points. Any hit to the general torso area is lethal to Sanemi but nothing to Akaza. Sanemi will also get tired while Akaza won't.

Demons have a huge advantage in most of these fights due to infinite regen and stamina.

Even if Sanemi outskills Akaza, his only win condition is beheading while Akaza can win with hits to any of Sanemi's vital points. Any hit to the general torso area is lethal to Sanemi but nothing to Akaza. Sanemi will also get tired while Akaza won't.
Even if he beheads him, his head will regenerate

Sanemi could presumably prevent that with the Crimson Red Nichirin Blade.
Here's the thing, Crimson blade doesn't stop you from regenerating your head. We see this happen with kokushibo. His head was cut off by it, he still regenerated. His torso was stabbed by it, but he still took it out and regenerated. Since Compass is automatic (We see akaza fight automatically when he was beheaded) He'd probably yank the blade out and keep going.

Here's the thing, Crimson blade doesn't stop you from regenerating your head. We see this happen with kokushibo. His head was cut off by it, he still regenerated. His torso was stabbed by it, but he still took it out and regenerated. Since Compass is automatic (We see akaza fight automatically when he was beheaded) He'd probably yank the blade out and keep going.
Yeah, that does seem to be the case. I guess it just isn't potent enough compared to Yoriichi's which would have been able to kill Muzan and Kokushibo. Would repeatedly slicing Akaza apart with the red blade work better?

Yeah, that does seem to be the case. I guess it just isn't potent enough compared to Yoriichi's which would have been able to kill Muzan and Kokushibo. Would repeatedly slicing Akaza apart with the red blade work better?
I still see him reacting to the slashes of sanemi with compass. This seems like a stomp since sanemi cannot hit him at all, lol.

That is not an argument. He will still regenerate it.
The Crimson Red Nichirin Blade has Regeneration Negation and Kokushibo after he saw his reflection began to crumble in the spot where Muichiro stabbed him and then proceeded to die after getting hit by Gyomei and Sanemi again. Yoriichi would have presumably been able to kill Kokushibo and Muzan with his red blade as well and the same presumably would have been the case for Tanjiro's red blade against Muzan if Tanjiro had been able finish off Muzan's moving organs.

The Crimson Red Nichirin Blade has Regeneration Negation and Kokushibo after he saw his reflection began to crumble in the spot where Muichiro stabbed him and then proceeded to die after getting hit by Gyomei and Sanemi again. Yoriichi would have presumably been able to kill Kokushibo and Muzan with his red blade as well and the same presumably would have been the case for Tanjiro's red blade against Muzan if Tanjiro had been able finish off Muzan's moving organs.
The sword from Yorrichi is different to other sword holders. Sanemi does not have same sword
I assume you are voting Akaza, then?
Yes, I vote for akaza

The sword from Yorrichi is different to other sword holders. Sanemi does not have same sword
It's a Nichirin Sword. Are you sure that you don't mean that Yoriichi's red blade ability is simply more potent than Sanemi's?

It's a Nichirin Sword. Are you sure that you don't mean that Yoriichi's red blade ability is simply more potent than Sanemi's?
No, I said it is different. I don't see Sanemi winning here. Simply because of his durability and stamina. Even if he could damage Akaza, Akaza can regenerate it. But what if Akaza damage him? Sanemi need time to regenerate. There is absolutely no proof that Sanemi's sword can negate his regeneration.

My vote still for Akaza

No, I said it is different. I don't see Sanemi winning here. Simply because of his durability and stamina. Even if he could damage Akaza, Akaza can regenerate it. But what if Akaza damage him? Sanemi need time to regenerate. There is absolutely no proof that Sanemi's sword can negate his regeneration.
Wait, why is specifically Yoriichi's sword different? I can understand it if you say that Yoriichi's abilities are more potent but why his sword? Do you have a statement for that?

Wait, why is specifically Yoriichi's sword different? I can understand it if you say that Yoriichi's abilities are more potent but why his sword? Do you have a statement for that?
Muzan says so, hold on.
main-qimg-871b3981d2ebce24ea2317d2485f324c-lq

Inferior to that man's. (Referring to Yoriichi)

Muzan says so, hold on.
main-qimg-871b3981d2ebce24ea2317d2485f324c-lq

Inferior to that man's. (Referring to Yoriichi)
That refers to the red blade which in turn means Yoriichi's ability to turn his blade red since it isn't naturally red. This means that the difference isn't the sword itself but the potency of Yoriichi's red blade ability.

That refers to the red blade which in turn means Yoriichi's ability to turn his blade red since it isn't naturally red. This means that the difference isn't the sword itself but the potency of Yoriichi's red blade ability.
Ah, i thought you were asking what makes Yoriichi's blade different.

My vote is still for Akaza. I hope it counts
Well, it's still valid that Akaza can regenerate his head and that Sanemi will have a harder time stopping that from happening than someone like Yoriichi, so it should count.

The nichirin sword Yoriichi uses is unique, changing from black to crimson red. Once it changes color, Yoriichi can use his weapon to burn any demon and even suppress their healing ability.

The nichirin sword Yoriichi uses is unique, changing from black to crimson red. Once it changes color, Yoriichi can use his weapon to burn any demon and even suppress their healing ability.
The only thing that doesn't basically describe any blade that gets turned red is the unique part and since nothing that is actually unique compared to other Crimson Red Nichirin Blades is mentioned I very much doubt that the weapon itself is supposed to have that special trait.

The only thing that doesn't basically describe any blade that gets turned red is the unique part and since nothing that is actually unique compared to other Crimson Red Nichirin Blades is mentioned I very much doubt that the weapon itself is supposed to have that special trait.
IF Sanemi sword is same as Yorrichi, he would defeat Koko effortless, but the fact is, they are not same.

Also it is noted by Muzan that his sword is different to other users in chapter 193, (Page 3-4)

Also his sword could negate Muzan absolute regeneration while others could only slow it down despite the fact that he was also under drugs (aging = making him slower)

I vote for Akaza

IF Sanemi sword is same as Yorrichi, he would defeat Koko effortless, but the fact is, they are not same.

Also it is noted by Muzan that his sword is different to other users in chapter 193, (Page 3-4)

Also his sword could negate Muzan absolute regeneration while others could only slow it down despite the fact that he was also under drugs (aging = making him slower)
I'm pretty sure that it is the potency of Yoriichi's red blade ability that makes the difference not his weapon. Even if Sanami had the same red blade potency he would still have trouble with Kokushibo's general capabilities as a swordsman and demon. The difference between Yoriichi and everyone else that he is just that much more talented and skilled and not that he had some kind of special weapon with an inherent Regeneration Negation or Regeneration Negation boost quality.

I'm pretty sure that it is the potency of Yoriichi's red blade ability that makes the difference not his weapon. Even if Sanami had the same red blade potency he would still have trouble with Kokushibo's general capabilities as a swordsman and demon. The difference between Yoriichi and everyone else that he is just that much more talented and skilled and not that he had some kind of special weapon with an inherent Regeneration Negation or Regeneration Negation boost quality.
It has also been noted by Muzan himself that Yoriichi's bright red blade was far more effective than those of the current generation Hashira and Tanjiro
Reference: Chapter 193 (Page 3-4).

Also, Sanemi is also known to rush more in battles, so I doubt he could even win against Akaza with Compass Needle, specially when speed is equalized.
Infinite/limitless Stamina, you saw Sanemi got one dangerous slash from Koko and needed time and rest to recover it.
Akaza durability is far superior from Sanemi one
Strength goes to Akaza as well, he literally destroyed the nichrin sword with a couple of punches. He actually slashed the head of upper moon 2, despite the fact that durability from Douma posses higher levels.
Experience goes to Akaza, (he lives longer and have fight endless fights)

My vote still goes to Akaza

It has also been noted by Muzan himself that Yoriichi's bright red blade was far more effective than those of the current generation Hashira and Tanjiro
Reference: Chapter 193 (Page 3-4).
I'm not even arguing against your vote or even about who is winning. What I'm saying is that the thing that is special here isn't the blade but Yoriichi himself. Sanemi has the same red blade ability as Yoriichi but it is far less potent and much less effective as a result. Do you understand what I'm saying here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back