• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Akaza VS Gyomei (7-2-2)

I'm trying to say: Akaza needs time to keep up with Gyomei.
And how? He literally instantly adapted to a mark's amplification. And gyomei here starts off with mark off the bat. He'd react to this even faster with his compass.
Mark damaged it a few times when he opened it, but was able to keep up with the akaza pace soon after.
Kept up for a panel, maybe, sure? But that doesnt change the fact akaza was dogging him.
Akaza even dogged him WITHOUT A HEAD.
What makes you think he cant keep up?

Still Gyomei, not buying the argument Akaza can adapt to Gyomei's massive advantage speed. As I've already said, Gyomei should have the stamina and endurance to last for a few hours. His stats are significantly superior.
The fact is, no one can beat upper moon 1 or 2 or 3 in 1v1 for a long time
This argument is garbage that it is really funny. It depends on the Hashira in question. Kokushibo, who could make short work of Akaza, literally stated it's been 300 years since he encountered someone on the level of Gyomei.

This argument is garbage that it is really funny. It depends on the Hashira in question. Kokushibo, who could make short work of Akaza, literally stated it's been 300 years since he encountered someone on the level of Gyomei.
And this is even before Gyoemi manifested his mark and Transparent World.

Let's start this off. Firstly, it was counted because he was the first one to vote, I don't think he checked the thread again.

Q1.
unknown.png

A1. Akaza's Compass precog exceeds TPW's precog. Why?
"(Transparent World makes his perception of time slow down and makes the user directly see their opponent's muscles, blood flow and movements which allows them to predict their next moves. Gyomei is capable of exactly imagining the opponent instead of seeing him, and can sense them)"

"(Compass Needle allows him to accurately sense a person's Battle Spirit, allowing him to predict their movements, discern their location in his surroundings (even from his blind spots), and find and instinctively aim for their weak points and vitals with such high accuracy that his attacks are described as "being attracted by magnets" and "clinging" to his opponents. Can tell someone's strength just by looking at them, and was able to discern that Kyojuro was a Pillar at a glance. Can instinctively respond to attacks with an appropriate counter, was stated by Giyu to learn to anticipate his every move and strike back with equal accuracy as the fight went on. He can effectively fight and discern his surroundings and track his opponents without a head (deaf and blind) solely through detecting Battle Spirit)"

You tell me which predicts better, something that is based on spirit, and he doesn't even need to see his opponent.
gyomei can better predict.
Q2.
unknown.png

A2. We discussed Why he wouldn't "get blitzed". RPL, Precog, Instinctive reaction. Pillars have RPL, Sure, but so do demons. And theirs is way faster.. Since you know, they are demons.
look... getting power-ups doesn't change anything because it's unknown how much he got. 'base' Kokushibo is much faster than akaza, but you don't want to admit it. After getting the rpl, he wasn't fast from Kokushibo. there is nothing about it.
Q3.
unknown.png

A3. It literally says "it doesn't help that much." You're debunking yourself without me saying anything.
And where did you get this? this is not the wiki link of Instinctive Reaction. This is just a member putting an opinion on the thread.
here
He couldn't react??? He broke his ribs and smashed his eye. How is that not reacting? Lmfao?
After the panel I post, rengoku have advantage in speed. his ribs were broken because he didn't get power up and he gave the speed advantage after getting power up.
He can't dodge??? He literally dodges in the panel. And this is right after Giyuu got his mark, this elevates Akaza. He shows that he can keep up with the amplification speed of the demon slayer mark.
yeah he cant dodge

oh i remember, that's enough to say gyomei>akaza. lol

oh i remember, that's enough to say gyomei>akaza. lol
His feats too. I believe the clear trouble he has with Akaza is his ability to regrow his head. Even so, I still think he can last until daybreak.

I don't know but I have a feeling danze wants my vote to be removed.

literally stated it's been 300 years since he encountered someone on the level of Gyomei.
Simple mistranslation. In the original manga, this is what he says.
unknown.png

He says; Swordsman. Does Akaza look like he has a sword to you?

gyomei can better predict.
Ignored all of my arguments.

yeah he cant dodge
Then why wasn't his head cut right off? He literally bends behind...
After the panel I post, rengoku have advantage in speed. his ribs were broken because he didn't get power up and he gave the speed advantage after getting power up.
What? 😭 What powerup?? He literally got slammed even after he was at death's door which grants this temporary amp. This is blatant NLF
Kokushibo, who could make short work of Akaza
Going against databook statements. You're taking an off-guard feat where Akaza's compass was not even active. It is stated that they fought and akaza gave him a challenge.
look... getting power-ups doesn't change anything because it's unknown how much he got.
Getting power-ups doesn't change anything? I guess Akaza slams. Power-ups don't matter.
'base' Kokushibo is much faster than akaza, but you don't want to admit it. After getting the rpl, he wasn't fast from Kokushibo. there is nothing about it.,
We don't really know since the databook does say they fought and Kokushibo had a challenge. The only feat we have from Kokushibo against Akaza is an off-guard Akaza that had his compass off.
And even then, who to say Kokushibo wasn't blitzing gyomei?
demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-171-change-16.jpg

I don't really care. You can vote on whoever you want. I'm just saying you kinda ignored my arguments.

His feats too. I believe the clear trouble he has with Akaza is his ability to regrow his head. Even so, I still think he can last until daybreak.

As long as he is not badly injured from the akaza, it will be very simple for him to dodge his attacks and continue the fight.

He says; Swordsman. Does Akaza look like he has a sword to you?
I didn't compare Akaza to Gyomei with that statement. I'm pointing out how the argument "no one can beat.." is garbage because it depends on the Hashira question. It's been 300 years since Kokushibo met someone who is Gyomei's level. It is clear that Gyomei is one of the very few strongest Hashiras to have existed.
It is stated that they fought and akaza gave him a challenge.
Where is it stated Akaza gave him a challenge? I heard that that was a onesided fight.
I don't really care. You can vote on whoever you want. I'm just saying you kinda ignored my arguments.
Because both you and I have been arguing circularly. That was going nowhere, that's why I shared my take and left.

Where is it stated Akaza gave him a challenge? I heard that that was a onesided fight.
Pretty sure it was said he liked the challenge and let the latter live because of that or something along those lines. Databooks of demon slayer are very hard to find in any language let alone english.
I didn't compare Akaza to Gyomei with that statement. I'm pointing out how the argument "no one can beat.." is garbage because it depends on the Hashira question. It's been 300 years since Kokushibo met someone who is Gyomei's level. It is clear that Gyomei is one of the very few strongest Hashiras to have existed.
I see, the other guy did, my bad.

Forgot this was a thing.
unknown.png

Well,
I vote Akaza due to his Precognition, RPL, Compass Needle, Weakness Detection, And automatic counters to attacks he faces.

Ignored all of my arguments.
what argument??? you just posted a description from profile :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Then why wasn't his head cut right off? He literally bends behind...
I just wanted to point out that he couldn't dodge giyuu's attack completely.
What? 😭 What powerup?? He literally got slammed even after he was at death's door which grants this temporary amp. This is blatant NLF
I talked about the power up that akaza gets.
Going against databook statements. You're taking an off-guard feat where Akaza's compass was not even active. It is stated that they fought and akaza gave him a challenge.
upper moon rankings enough
And even then, who to say Kokushibo wasn't blitzing gyomei?
demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-171-change-16.jpg
gyomei guards the sanemi. this explains why he 'blitzed'.

gyomei guards the sanemi. this explains why he 'blitzed'.
He was going to get hit by it regardless. This really doesn't change anything.
what argument??? you just posted a description from profile :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I told you to compare the two precognition abilities. And I want you to remember the fact that Gyomei doesn't have TPW on at all times and it is very temporary as seen in both the Muzan and Kokushibo fight. So he doesn't have precognition all the time.
I talked about the power up that akaza gets.
He gets as strong as the battle spirit is. Are you saying Gyomei has less battle spirit than Rengoku Or Giyuu?
upper moon rankings enough
?
I just wanted to point out that he couldn't dodge giyuu's attack completely.
Because he was still adapting to the mark, and it took almost no time at all, even.

So, that's what I'm trying to say, you're putting it above Gyomei with feats on the giyuu. This is wrong
Ok, you are very hard to understand but let me try to compose it all for you.

Akaza can catch up to Gyomei with his RPL, very easily here since gyomei starts off marked and doesn't get a boost later on.
Akaza can see through Gyomei's attacks and counter perfectly with his Compass Needle's Enhanced Accuracy, Instinctive Reaction, and Weakness Detection.
Akaza can range spam with his shockwaves. And dodge through any attempt at an attack. Since it is said he doesn't have any openings and counters attacks perfectly.
Akaza can also fight without his head, even when cut with a crimson blade.
Gyomei cannot even kill Akaza without sunlight. we already discussed this.

Ok, you are very hard to understand but let me try to compose it all for you.

Akaza can catch up to Gyomei with his RPL, very easily here since gyomei starts off marked and doesn't get a boost later on.
Akaza can see through Gyomei's attacks and counter perfectly with his Compass Needle's Enhanced Accuracy, Instinctive Reaction, and Weakness Detection.
Akaza can range spam with his shockwaves. And dodge through any attempt at an attack. Since it is said he doesn't have any openings and counters attacks perfectly.
Akaza can also fight without his head, even when cut with a crimson blade.
Gyomei cannot even kill Akaza without sunlight. we already discussed this.
Akaza will take a long time to keep up with Gyomei, also Gyomei sees attacks slowly with the transparent world and can react that way. Also, if he can completely destroy the akaza's body, he can overcome his regeneration (I don't think Gyomei can do that, but he can still overcome his regen that way.)

Also, Gyomei can fight by turning off the martial spirit thanks to the transparent world, just like Tanjirou did. So the akaza cannot feel it.
1660660367709.jpg

1660660400088.jpg

Also, Gyomei can fight by turning off the martial spirit thanks to the transparent world, just like Tanjirou did. So the akaza cannot feel it.
Nope. That is Selfless state. Has nothing to do with the transparent world. He only unlocked the Selfless state because of his memory of his dad. Gyomei has never been shown to use Selfless state, so you cannot give him this ability.
Akaza will take a long time to keep up with Gyomei,
False. He took almost no time to adapt to a mark amplification.
Also, if he can completely destroy the akaza's body, he can overcome his regeneration
He won't be able to...? demons have regenerated from that before, but even then, he won't be able to "destroy" Akaza like that.
also Gyomei sees attacks slowly with the transparent world and can react that way.
Reaction Speed =/= Combat Speed.
When Akaza RPLs to him, it won't matter if he sees his attack slowly.
And even then, He doesn't have full control over TPW. We see this in the Kokushibo AND Muzan fight. He cannot keep it on at all times like Kokushibo. It comes and goes.
Even then, I explained this way back in post 2, and 2 other people disagreed with you also.
Selfless State =/= TPW.

I also want to point out that he doesn't just need sunlight to kill Akaza. Just like muzan, it has replaced its weak spot, just like muzan. So, with the transparent world, I think you can find out where is his weak spot (This could be wrong. Don't judge)
1660660802783.jpg

Nope. That is Selfless state. Has nothing to do with the transparent world. He only unlocked the Selfless state because of his memory of his dad. Gyomei has never been shown to use Selfless state, so you cannot give him this ability.

He won't be able to...? demons have regenerated from that before, but even then, he won't be able to "destroy" Akaza like that.

And even then, He doesn't have full control over TPW. We see this in the Kokushibo AND Muzan fight. He cannot keep it on at all times like Kokushibo. It comes and goes.
Even then, I explained this way back in post 2, and 2 other people disagreed with you also.
Selfless State =/= TPW.
I have to go, I'll be back soon

(This could be wrong. Don't judge)
Yeah, this def is wrong.
Just because it says his neck is no longer a weak point doesn't mean it has to be changed.
Is muzan's weak point suddenly his foot because he overcame beheading? No.
Kokushibo And Akaza both overcame beheading. The same type.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
No. Not all signs provide the same buff. Also, when he wears a mark, he dodges his attack and attacks on top of him, barely fending off the akaza attack and still getting his arm amputated. Gyomei of Regen neg can achieve much higher achievements.
In terms of speed, it scales to Kokushibou. That is, seeing it slowly means that it can avoid attacks. After all, it scales to Kokushibou, which is faster than akaza.
And even then, He doesn't have full control over TPW. We see this in the Kokushibo AND Muzan fight.
It doesn't have to be on for a long time. He can react to his attacks and be defeated by blitzes and regen neg (at least he can get the upper hand).

No. Not all signs provide the same buff.
Complete Head-Canon. They all just make you stronger. And this is irrelevant. they all presumably have the same amplification speed which Akaza showed RPL to.
In terms of speed, it scales to Kokushibou. That is, seeing it slowly means that it can avoid attacks. After all, it scales to Kokushibou, which is faster than akaza.
Compass RPL. Which is faster than any RPL than what any hashira pulled off.
It doesn't have to be on for a long time. He can react to his attacks and be defeated by blitzes and regen neg (at least he can get the upper hand).
Regen neg won't do anything, sorry. Akaza resists Regeneration Negation up to High-Mid on his profile. He can still regenerate his head and he can fight back without a head, unlike Kokushibo.
Also, can we add our own vote to the title we created?
Yes. everyone including the thread starter gets one vote.
Reason?
Denzees right and Akaza wins, can't believe this is a debate
Vote Counted.

Last edited:
Regarding the Selfless State, I'm pretty sure that the profiles don't differentiate between that and Transparent World which should become pretty apparent due to Resistances against Enhanced Senses, Analytical Prediction and Extrasensory Perception being listed in his Resistances tab.

Regarding the Selfless State, I'm pretty sure that the profiles don't differentiate between that and Transparent World which should become pretty apparent due to Resistances against Enhanced Senses, Analytical Prediction and Extrasensory Perception being listed in his Resistances tab.
He still hasn't used it officially ever. We cannot just give him that ability, if they did use it, Muzan would've pointed it out as he did with Yoriichi.

I know VSB doesnt differentiate it, but Gyomei has never been shown to use Selfless State, ever. If he did, Kokushibo would've pointed it out as well.
i.e Saying they have no murderous intent or no battle spirit.
Muzan says this to Yoriichi, Tanjiro says this to his dad, And Akaza says it to Tanjiro. One of the characters would tell us if he was able to use it.

And even then... Precognition isn't Analytical Prediction nor Extrasensory Perception.

I should probably make a CRT about this as well. Since the only confirmed users of Selfless State are Tanjiro, Tanjirou, Yoriichi. Saying otherwise would be head-canon.

He still hasn't used it officially ever. We cannot just give him that ability, if they did use it, Muzan would've pointed it out as he did with Yoriichi.

I know VSB doesnt differentiate it, but Gyomei has never been shown to use Selfless State, ever. If he did, Kokushibo would've pointed it out as well.
i.e Saying they have no murderous intent or no battle spirit.
Muzan says this to Yoriichi, Tanjiro says this to his dad, And Akaza says it to Tanjiro. One of the characters would tell us if he was able to use it.

And even then... Precognition isn't Analytical Prediction nor Extrasensory Perception.

I should probably make a CRT about this as well. Since the only confirmed users of Selfless State are Tanjiro, Tanjirou, Yoriichi. Saying otherwise would be head-canon.
I think that it would be possible to argue otherwise but that would belong into a CRT and I guess this topic hasn't really been discussed on the forum yet. I'd also like to note that it's a fact that Gyomei has these things listed on his profile and that they are treated by the profile as part of Transparent World which is something that Gyomei used, so if we say that Gyomei doesn't make use of these things, then the profile needs to be changed accordingly.

I think that it would be possible to argue otherwise but that would belong into a CRT and I guess this topic hasn't really been discussed on the forum yet. I'd also like to note that it's a fact that Gyomei has these things listed on his profile and that they are treated by the profile as part of Transparent World which is something that Gyomei used, so if we say that Gyomei doesn't make use of these things, then the profile needs to be changed accordingly.
Yep yep, making a CRT on it right now.

Back