• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What... singular attack?
SGGL's timeline attack. Other than that the previous P&A CRT had the Immeasurable rating removed because there's no evidence that they're actually Immeasurable in every capacity.
They transcends the multiverse with no attack so I don't get your points tbh.
That's at best supporting evidence for the rating. It's not a justification for an upgrade by itself.

Was it? I know from the thread I participated in it was Immeasurable with that attack, but range also makes sense.
I mean the attack still had to go through several portal thingys, it took time to pull off. It was a case of Space-Time Manipulation, sort of like the space-time shattering burst spinning punch

SGGL's timeline attack. Other than that the previous P&A CRT had the Immeasurable rating removed because there's no evidence that they're actually Immeasurable in every capacity.

That's at best supporting evidence for the rating. It's not a justification for an upgrade by itself.
It would be nonsensical to have Mega Maelstrom Vortex Cannon as no Immeasurable attack since, the ability itself was supposed to be an omnipresential firing which hit targets regardless "where" or "when", including past and future as well lower and higher dimensions. So Immeasurable rating should stay, in my opinion. And kinda, I don't think SGGL has any relevance here regarding the Anti-Spiral transcends time and space (multiverse) making them no longer restricted by time and gravity.

(Red text)
"[Possible space-time simultaneous firing][Special Move / Episode 26] A Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann's "Mega-Vortex Cannon" and "Maelstrom Cannon" is an all-gun attack that fires probability fluctuation bullets. Artor an immeasurable number of enemies in every space-time and dimensions from the near past to the near future."

So Immeasurable rating should stay, in my opinion
It can stay for that one attack.

And kinda, I don't think SGGL has any relevance here regarding the Anti-Spiral transcends time and space (multiverse) making them no longer restricted by time and gravity.
Again, a state of being is not evidence for infinite or immeasurable without feats or showings backing it. Being higher dimensional does not mean they are Immeasurable.

Exactly, what's the relevance of that here if they use no hax in order to transcend the time and space?
They don't have proof of any other attack being that fast, which is why they got nerfed.

It can stay for that one attack.
Never said anything apart from said attack should be there, but glad you can agree with me that it could stay.
Again, a state of being is not evidence for infinite or immeasurable without feats or showings backing it. Being higher dimensional does not mean they are Immeasurable.
I, never said they are Immeasurable solely because they are higher dimensional beings, Qawsedf. And do our standards even requires or obligates feats in order to backing it? I don't think so, we have Outerversal guys rated as Irrelevant solely because by logic they are already beyond the concept of time and space, so why can't we do the same with transcending time and space in dimensional difference warrant Immeasurable rating?
They don't have proof of any other attack being that fast, which is why they got nerfed.
They don't have feats*
But they can be indicated being that fast, I'm not really into this "Immeasurable", either, I do fine with "At least MFTL+, possibly Immeasurable" for instance, if the transcending time space, is accepted.

Last edited:
And do our standards even requires or obligates feats in order to backing it?
For non 1-A characters, yes.

I don't think so, we have Outerversal guys rated as Irrelevant solely because the logic they are beyond the concept of time and space, so why can't we do the same with transcending time and space in dimensional difference warrant Immeasurable rating?
Because Outerversal is based in the idea that the character in question is beyond any meaningful mathematical or scientific measurement. Which would include speed ratings.

Hjgh 1-C is just a really big mech that still operates and is bound by some degree of physics. Which is why they need feats to support such a rating.

But they can be indicated being that fast, I'm not really into this "Immeasurable", either, I do fine with "At least MFTL+, possibly Immeasurable" for instance, if the transcending time space, is accepted.
If they don't have a showing for it, they just don't have a showing.

Also, wasn't Irrelevent speed supposed to get axed just like Immortality type 10 and true godly regeneration? I could've sworn it was supposed to get axed since it had no meaningful reason to stay as 1-A characters shouldn't automatically be above every being in terms of speed without context.

For non 1-A characters, yes.

Because Outerversal is based in the idea that the character in question is beyond any meaningful mathematical or scientific measurement. Which would include speed ratings.
Fair enough.
Hjgh 1-C is just a really big mech that still operates and is bound by some degree of physics. Which is why they need feats to support such a rating.

If they don't have a showing for it, they just don't have a showing.
I disagree, you don't need feats or any manner of showing to gain such rating as long you can treat the time, linear time being meaningless or irrelevant to you it should be enough for Immeasurable speed to be obtained, because all you have to do is to make said "time" as undefined in d/t formula. I've gave you one of DontTalkDT's argument in case if you haven't opened it, here it is.

I disagree, you don't need feats or any manner of showing to gain such rating as long you can treat the time, linear time being meaningless or irrelevant to
But they do none of those things. They required special attacks or abilites to cross dimensiona or time axis. They are also still effected by things such as gravity, the progression of time, and attack delays.

They have to at least have a statement supporting it in my view and they don't even have that. They're just big mechs.

But they do none of those things.
But they do, what I refered as "they" here is the Anti-Spiral, which explicitly are no more restricted by time and gravity, aka meaningless.

Work Soul:
"When the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann throws, the Ashtanga-class fleet is destroyed. And, in front of the giant Nia, something like a small, black, irregular-shaped humanoid body floats. It's a stop unbounded by time and gravity."

And they can easily transcend time and space of the multiverse, which allows them to freely manipulate the multiverse like i.e, the Extradimensional Labyrinth.

Final Drill:
"Simon's greatest enemy is this universe itself The greatest, strongest, and most fearsome enemy that attempts to eradicate all creatures with Spiral power. Even before Simon and his comrades, numerous Spiral warriors have challenged the Anti-Spiral and been buried. Its form has no discernible substance, has capability to lightly transcend time and space, affects the multiple-dimensions. It is truly an entity that can be called "the universe" itself."
They required special attacks or abilites to cross dimensiona or time axis.
I have no damn idea why would you correlated SGGL's omnipresential attack and made it looks like an anti-feats which literally happened when they are still at 3-B at best, to dispute the Anti-Spiral's possibility to earn Immeasurable speed in this case.
They are also still effected by things such as gravity, the progression of time, and attack delays.
Show scans that they are still affected by them in episode 27, or in the final battle in the second movie, I don't expect asinine argument such as 'they are standing in the galaxy!", of course.
They have to at least have a statement supporting it in my view and they don't even have that. They're just big mechs.
Undirectly implying they are fast because they are big, I assume? Because that's just wrong in another whole level. The Anti-Spiral throws tendrils from dozen of millions of light years away from their planet in a second, Gurren Lagann crossed the entire distance of Super Granzeboma's Giga Drill in a short time, average human-sized and dozen of meters robot respectively, yeah size argument to refute speed is irrelevant.

Last edited:
But they do, what I refered as "they" here is the Anti-Spiral, which explicitly being no more restricted by time and gravity, aka meaningless.
Except when they are obviously effected by time and gravity. TTGL is thrown and body slammed into galaxies. The Anti-Spiral is spun around and tossed. TTGL falls and lands on galaxies as well to avoid attacks.

STTGL has showcases that its effected by gravity, and in both the Anime and in the Movie Lagann and Simon fall/jump on the Anti-Spiral homeworld.
I have no damn idea why would you correlated SGGL's omnipresential attack and made it looks like an anti-feats which literally happened when they are still at 3-B at best, to dispute the Anti-Spiral's possibility to earn Immeasurable speed in this case
If they had a Immeasurable feat or statement you'd be able to provide it. Instead you're relying on dimensional tiering for a rating when we no longer use that as a primary basis for non 1-A characters (whi in turn might also lose this automatic rating).

Show scans that they are still affected by them in episode 27, or in the final battle in the second movie, I don't expect asinine argument such as 'they are standing in the galaxy!", of course.
How exactly is it asinine? When you can fall, stop, and be pushed into things its obvious gravity still effects you.

Undirectly implying they are fast because they are big, I assume?
They are big, can attack rapidly, and their beams can rapidly cross intergalactic distances. Post Big Bang absorption GL mechas can also react to Anti-Spiral attacks. But in none of those cases are they infinite or Immeasurable feat or statement wise. In fact the existence of any delay between the attack being fired and it hitting them sorta throws out the idea that their speed is as transcendent as you claim it is.

If every attack was beyond time, had infinite speed, or did something that implied either someone would've said something. TTGL is incredibly straightforward in both statements and feats.

Except when they are obviously effected by time and gravity. TTGL is thrown and body slammed into galaxies. The Anti-Spiral is spun around and tossed. TTGL falls and lands on galaxies as well to avoid attacks.

STTGL has showcases that its effected by gravity, and in both the Anime and in the Movie Lagann and Simon fall/jump on the Anti-Spiral homeworld.
Oh yes, let’s ignore the databook’s statements regarding them (the Anti-Spiral) being capable to freed themselves from time and gravity because said fiction didn’t portray them as flying-flying mega-galaxy robots, that’s just the height of nitpicking.

And kinda strawmanning, since I never said Simon/STTGL are unbound by gravity but the Anti-Spiral are instead, even if they do, your reasons are very amateurish to prove such databook’s statement being invalid, what’s next? They are not even High 1-C in universal scale since they got smacked by galaxies? They are not even High 1-C because the superiority between higher and lower dimensions was never shown in the series despite the its usage regarding brane mechanics and WoG statements?
Only if you remember that the Anti-Spiral were capable to float and appears anywhere by cutting the space (like in the second movie) and STTGL and Super Granzeboma literally were flying in the pocket universe you do know that the portrayals you have mentioned had nothing to do with their relation with time and gravity, it’s just their ways to fight, and at most it’d only be small inconsistencies.

And the fact that Umineko guys are standing still in the room despite their Outerversal ratings also proves that the arguments of yours are to picky for fiction’s standards, that doesn't mean they are still bound to gravity either. Or they do warrants Irrelevant speed despite never described as so, only via our tiering logic.

Also, I have explained on why the multiverse of TTGL has something called as “quantum cosmology” which creates universes via observation in the databooks, literally the parallel universes theory, Anti-Spiral do not have any versions of themselves in the multiverse, aka they only exists as ones, proves that they’ve freed themselves from the multiverse’s cause and effect, which they also explicitly to transcends time and space, consistent to be asked?

If they had a Immeasurable feat or statement you'd be able to provide it. Instead you're relying on dimensional tiering for a rating when we no longer use that as a primary basis for non 1-A characters (whi in turn might also lose this automatic rating).
Please elaborate on why transcending time and space as dimensional difference in the way you made the “time” as meaningless shouldn’t be treat as Immeasurable speed, it’s not just about “dimensional tiering”, which is case per case, I know this circumstance can only be occurred if 1-B is accepted, assuming you do accepted said transcending as Immeasurable speed, of course, but it is not my only argument to begin with, I said the Anti-Spiral are possibly has Immeasurable rating based on databook’s statement that they are no more restricted by time and gravity, in which you tried to debunk with nitpicking reasonings.

How exactly is it asinine? When you can fall, stop, and be pushed into things its obvious gravity still effects you.

They are big, can attack rapidly, and their beams can rapidly cross intergalactic distances. Post Big Bang absorption GL mechas can also react to Anti-Spiral attacks. But in none of those cases are they infinite or Immeasurable feat or statement wise. In fact the existence of any delay between the attack being fired and it hitting them sorta throws out the idea that their speed is as transcendent as you claim it is.
It is an asinine because said reasonings are nitpicking at it’s finest, not even close to good reasons in order to debunk statements from Work Soul guidebook which itself supposed to work as “movie/anime scripts”, you can’t even argue it as hyperbolic. And statement is there, but you just kept deniying it:

"When the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann throws, the Ashtanga-class fleet is destroyed. And, in front of the giant Nia, something like a small, black, irregular-shaped humanoid body floats. It's a stop unbounded by time and gravity."

Why don’t we downgrade Shinza Banshou to below Outerversal as it still has the usage of “time stop”? Or using an analogy of higher dimensions as Taikyoku difference?
If you know that fictions do not portrays fights as fast as they are, then you are aware that the time delay and fast-slow arguments don’t even matter, just like we don’t see Naruto as anything close to even relativistic since we can see them, that doesn’t make them subsonic, why don’t you downgrade the High 1-C rating via humans are capable to see them from earth instead? It’s fiction being fiction.

If every attack was beyond time, had infinite speed, or did something that implied either someone would've said something. TTGL is incredibly straightforward in both statements and feats.
This is very ironic to hear as a guy who did a lot of research about the series, Gurren Lagann doesn’t tell it has the usage of complex projective space used by the Anti-Spiral to oscillates their universe between two membranes, although it does, Gurren Lagann doesn’t tell it has the usage of Copenhagen quantum interpretation that the wavefunctions collapse are dependant to ones perceptions, although it does, Gurren Lagann doesn’t tell that TTGL and its crews are nothing but materialized thoughts, feelings, and emotions and completely lacked of physical form, although they do. And many, many more stuffs that were only covered in the databooks and novelization, it’s not as obvious and straightforward as you think.

Last edited:
that’s just the height of nitpicking
Well, yeah. We sorta operate under bein nitpicking at times. We don't take everything at face value and we don't scale things to a maximum theoretical level. If you're suggesting a rating without a hard feat or statement backing it, you going to have to explain away every counter showing.

And many, many more stuffs that were only covered in the databooks and novelization, it’s not as obvious and straightforward as you think

And yet none of those give a straight example of what you're suggesting.

But at this point we're not getting anywhere with each other. I'll just let the thread decide and go with whatever result they pick.

Well, yeah. We sorta operate under bein nitpicking at times. We don't take everything at face value and we don't scale things to a maximum theoretical level. If you're suggesting a rating without a hard feat or statement backing it, you going to have to explain away every counter showing.
Well, I never into legit Immeasurable either, I myself, personally rated them as at least MFTL+, possibly Immeasurable.
And yet none of those give a straight example of what you're suggesting.

But at this point we're not getting anywhere with each other. I'll just let the thread decide and go with whatever result they pick.
Fair enough.

But let's ignore the speed, what do you think about the tiering and hax upgrade, I'm not saying 1-B, but via my blog that I tried to prove that they are ridiculously beyond the baseline, which is above infinite universes level of 11D scale.

Yeah, it'd still be 11-D, just above baseline like with some Digimon and D&D ratings.

The incorrect statements on AP should go yeah. Nothing here is quite 1-B but hey, better explanations for High 1-C ftw.

Hax seems fine.

Immeasurable speed is a no as for what Qaw said. They should have Immeasurable attack speed with that one attack tho.

I'm still into MFTL+, possibly Immeasurable personally but if I'm getting outvoted here then so be it, we should elaborate for Simon's speed too, he should be MFTL+ in his Post apotheosis key (his base speed, not inside this or that) since:

Last edited:
I'd have gotten around to this if I had the time, but yes a lot of this makes sense. AP justifications update is good, not quite 1-B material since just transcending that multiverse ain't enough to cross that gap, and not quite "at least" either, however besides from that big thumbs up.

I'm very iffy on the Immeasurable but the hax is fine. Nice work!

Las declaraciones incorrectas en AP deberían ir sí. Nada aquí es bastante 1-B, pero bueno, mejores explicaciones para High 1-C ftw.

Hax parece estar bien.

La velocidad inconmensurable es un no en cuanto a lo que dijo Qaw. Sin embargo, deberían tener una velocidad de ataque inconmensurable con ese único ataque.
This

I'd have gotten around to this if I had the time, but yes a lot of this makes sense. AP justifications update is good, not quite 1-B material since just transcending that multiverse ain't enough to cross that gap, and not quite "at least" either, however besides from that big thumbs up.

I'm very iffy on the Immeasurable but the hax is fine. Nice work!
Thanks for that! I'm as well iffy for Immeasurable, the idea comes from the Anti-Spiral is unbound by time as per Work Soul guidebook, however, if it's not enough for this site's standards, then so be it.

Last edited:
I think Simon should have Low-Godly Regeneration Negation for preventing The Anti-Spiral's regeneration

Edit: he should also have Blood Manipulation

Last edited:
@Agnaa

What do you think about this?

While I greatly enjoyed TTGL, I'm not knowledgeable with the versus debating side of things, and aren't interested in learning the evidence/arguments, so I can't be of much help for CRTs.

The AP doesn't sound like it needs an at least cuz that would assume they would be higher than they already are its just better reasoning for high 1-C and they are not baseline and such. Speed i have no clue cuz immesurable is weird but doesn't seem enough?

As for hax im not too sure as the some i can see and some idk cuz we probs need scans to prove it (doe the acausal maybe they can scale to each other if they are considered similar in that regard but idk)

Speed i have no clue cuz immesurable is weird but doesn't seem enough?
Immeasurable thingy is based from the Anti-Spiral are completely unrestricted by time.
As for hax im not too sure as the some i can see and some idk cuz we probs need scans to prove it (doe the acausal maybe they can scale to each other if they are considered similar in that regard but idk)
All of them are in my blog already.

Last edited:
So he shouldn't have Low-Godly Regen Negation?
I'm not a fan of it honestly, I assume it is based from the Anti-Spiral weren't regenerating on their fight against Simon, however, I do think there are possibly several circumstances on why they didn't regenerate at that time.

1. Their universe was immediately getting destroyed afterward, the universe was themselves, the one they killed was just its avatar.
2. They were exhausted.
3. They gradually lost their willpower due to Simon's strong determination.
4. Plot.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of it honestly, I assume it is based from the Anti-Spiral weren't regenerating on their fight against Simon, however, I do think there are possibly several circumstances on why they didn't regenerate at that time.

1. Their universe was immediately getting destroyed afterward, the universe was themselves, the one they killed was just its avatar.
2. They were exhausted.
3. They gradually lost their willpower due to Simon's strong determination.
4. Plot.
1. Wouldn't that just lead back to Low-Godly Regen Negation? Or am I missing something?
2. I don't think The Anti-Spiral can get exhausted, they have all the Self-Sustenance types
3. Okay, someone with the same willpower as Simon doesn't just lose willpower because someone has more willpower than them. Simon kept going because he wanted to win, and eventually overpowered them. The Anti-Spiral kept going because they wanted to protect the universe, and had resolve so powerful they were willing to kill themselves to protect it. That isn't just strong determination, it's determination most anime characters can't compete with
4. It can't be for plot convenience, because when they fight, they just take the hits, and hit back. It would be common sense to assume AS would just charge at Simon to attack with the mindset that they're too powerful to lose

1. Wouldn't that just lead back to Low-Godly Regen Negation? Or am I missing something?
2. I don't think The Anti-Spiral can get exhausted, they have all the Self-Sustenance types
3. Okay, someone with the same willpower as Simon doesn't just lose willpower because someone has more willpower than them. Simon kept going because he wanted to win, and eventually overpowered them. The Anti-Spiral kept going because they wanted to protect the universe, and had resolve so powerful they were willing to kill themselves to protect it. That isn't just strong determination, it's determination most anime characters can't compete with
4. It can't be for plot convenience, because when they fight, they just take the hits, and hit back. It would be common sense to assume AS would just charge at Simon to attack with the mindset that they're too powerful to lose
1. Not really, the Anti-Spiral's power comes from their universe, if the universe is destroyed then they don't have a chance to use their power, let alone to regenerate, destroying the source of power doesn't sound like a power nullification to me.
2. Yeah through our logic "stamina" for them is irrelevant because they have all types of self-sustenances, but they do exhausted, most likely due to inconsistency since fiction doesn't necessarily need to follow our rules, or logic, or Simon has a stamina negation type of ability? I don't know.
3. You should remember that "willpower" is a very important aspect of this series, just losing it can cause ones to their downfall, Spiral Power can only be maintained with fighting spirit, if it drops, then you know the answer. It was likely that the Anti-Spiral were almost powerless at near-end as they had been overwhelmed by Simon's determination and fighting spirit, having no choice but to believe him to protect the Universe.
4. If I didn't misinterpret your point, you said they should have won because they were too strong, right? But the Anti-Spiral at that point had even been overpowered even by Gurren Lagann via reactive evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back