• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Good news, the meteor calc got accepted.

also does anyone have the full script to FF4 after years? Gonna check if anyone mentions something special in regards to the crystal bosses given it seems everyone has a dialogue for them.

Did you even get those calcs evaluated?

It's nice to have people who want FF to get more calcs but you need to go through blogs first to make sure they're accurate, and then a CRT to apply them.

These are calculations that I found linked on all the character pages, they were the one in use.
Should I have taken the low end of each calculations instead? I didn't know which one use.

Last edited:
Noctis scales from the low end of Ifrit’s feat, that’s the main reason he’s High 6-A as opposed to Low 5-B dude.

These are calculations that I found linked on all the character pages, they were the one in use.
Should I have taken the low end of each calculations instead? I didn't know which one use.
Check the character's tiers and compare it with the results in the calc. Noctis scales to the 1 exaton version I believe.

Switched everything to the low end.
This should be accurate now.

I was surprised that there wasn't a calculation part on the verse page, considering how many characters it has and the fact it's >10 years old. Took me an entire afternoon to gather all of them.

Honestly I don’t get why V isn’t tier 2? Hell Low 2-C V is pretty consistent with a statement in-game about the crystals creating the universe and the OVA straight up having direct universal crystal statements

I'm mostly useless for this but I really like FF, so I'll be watching.

By the way, I feel this isn't the place for this but a question of mine: Are FF games connected story-wise in a significant sense?

I'm aware of Disgaea and I'm not saying I doubt any of it, far from it, in fact I feel stupid asking this, but I've played some FF games (III, V, VI and Mystic Quest) but I don't remember seeing any lore or story connection to each of them... To be fair, I mostly played those as a kid, so I may be missing something.

I'm mostly useless for this but I really like FF, so I'll be watching.

By the way, I feel this isn't the place for this but a question of mine: Are FF games connected story-wise in a significant sense?

I'm aware of Disgaea and I'm not saying I doubt any of it, far from it, in fact I feel stupid asking this, but I've played some FF games (III, V, VI and Mystic Quest) but I don't remember seeing any lore or story connection to each of them... To be fair, I mostly played those as a kid, so I may be missing something.
FF games exist in different universes within the same multiverse and cross over a lot. The first six games are connected via the crystals all being made by the same entity that travels between planets, as shown in ff4

I did interpolation to know the tiers of all the bosses of FF9

I know that's not how the wiki works and I don't intend to create pages for all the bosses with these tiers, I just did it for fun ^^

Right, this thread exists. Gonna put this here as well:

Okay, so... well, first of all sorry for bumping what's essentially a finished thread but didn't really know where to bring this up.

I was checking Ring of Fates and came across something interesting, the infinite worlds they mention in that game doesn't refer to the many universes of the different settings across the franchise, it means to infinite parallel realities of the universe of Ring of Fates.

While I took a simple overall glance, what I could gather is that the villain Galdes is trying to attain the powers of the moon of the setting through the Great Crystal in order to create a reality as he sees fit. Through the ending he keeps moving the protag Yuri through different realities.

This doesn't deter from the universes being infinite as part of the setting, Sephiroth outright says the inifnite amount in the source above and in Dissidia PSP Garland does mention there are endless worlds.

The interesting part is that Yuri and Chelinka are part of the Opera Omnia cast and were involved with the whole mess with Shinryu about to devour existence. So their reality that expands into infinite parallel worlds was threatened as well.

This would essentially mean that the infinite worlds that make the setting of the FF series have at least one universe that branches into infinite parallel worlds. Or, being pretty optimistic, the whole multiverse could be made of universes that branch into infinite parallel realities or timelines. Excluding Ring of Fates, more than one game uses that stuff, VIII talks of several states of present, VII Remake introduces the Universes of Death and Creation and others, XIII has different timelines, etc.

Regarding Final Fantasy's discussion rule:
  • Please avoid creating content revision threads questioning the legitimacy of Sephiroth's supernova feat. It has been discussed several times and accepted as valid. This does not include any future revisions after the Final Fantasy VII remake.
This rule came from https://vsbattles.com/threads/is-sephiroth-really-solar-system-level.5156/ and https://vsbattles.com/threads/ffvii-supernova-feat-possible-outlier.8824/ and was added in https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=2018449&oldid=2008628.
@Antvasima @DarkDragonMedeus @Theglassman12 Can I get some opinions on how relevant this still is and what I ought to do with it?

Back