• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

This how I be while watching Max stream his crazy FF7R theories for like 6 hours straight

spongebob-patrick.gif

Say, still haven't had the chance to play the game yet (probably be getting a PS5 on friday or this weekend at most). Buuut just a minor question, how bonkers is Rebirth's plot? Did they keep the story loyal to the original or they stick to their guns and went full crazy with the story?

Meteor being used to blow up the planet despite him normally nuking a solar system and beyond.

Say, still haven't had the chance to play the game yet (probably be getting a PS5 on friday or this weekend at most). Buuut just a minor question, how bonkers is Rebirth's plot? Did they keep the story loyal to the original or they stick to their guns and went full crazy with the story?
Like 90% the same, only big changes is ya get yuffie early, gongaga chapter quite a bit different and goes way off the rails, and the ending to temple of the ancients and ending

The major story beats all there still, and most changes are just a byproduct of it being a remake like cait/tifa/him doing the mansion, not actually changing the plot. And ig cid, idk what's up with that, he's weird.

But yeah nah, overall it has less changes than FF7R^1 did and the new plot stuff is more spread out, and the big plot stuff is saved instead of plot ghosts every 5 minutes.
the new actual plot ghost stuff kinda goes wild at the end tho

Like 90% the same, only big changes is ya get yuffie early, gongaga chapter quite a bit different and goes way off the rails, and the ending to temple of the ancients and ending

The major story beats all there still, and most changes are just a byproduct of it being a remake like cait/tifa/him doing the mansion, not actually changing the plot. And ig cid, idk what's up with that, he's weird.

But yeah nah, overall it has less changes than FF7R^1 did and the new plot stuff is more spread out, and the big plot stuff is saved instead of plot ghosts every 5 minutes.
the new actual plot ghost stuff kinda goes wild at the end tho
Huh, was kinda expecting and hoping for things to become even more wild this time around. But if they saved the crazy stuff for the ending at the very least and went through with the premise of Remake, that works too.

I'm guessing since it's the Lifestream itself nobody scales to it, but pretty dope that VII also entered the big boys room of the franchise.
For now yes but next game its definitely going to scale since meteor will be on steroids now and sephiroth absorbing the full lifesteam ***** will like take them to the absolute top

For now yes but next game its definitely going to scale since meteor will be on steroids now and sephiroth absorbing the full lifesteam ***** will like take them to the absolute top
Well, Gilgamesh is in the game, so the cast reaches Multiversal+ through another method, though Lifestream would put them unfathomably above the current level if they were to scale. Still hoping that since we are already doing this, might as well bust out primordial higher dimensions and crap =P

Well, Gilgamesh is in the game, so the cast reaches Multiversal+ through another method, though Lifestream would put them unfathomably above the current level if they were to scale. Still hoping that since we are already doing this, might as well bust out primordial higher dimensions and crap =P
Tbf 2-A scaling would be a insane outlier atm so while the gilgamesh stuff is cool I don't think it can or should be used at this stage especially when they're actually infinite level times below this and stuggle with much lesser stuff.

What exactly is the basis for 2a life stream? Iirc there’s no mention of countless or infinite worlds within the planet, only of multiple ones caused by specific actions and that’s low multi for now.

@TartaChocholate still remember this one dude who was ignoring every noteworthy feat for FF7 because gameplay when it came to Sephiroth but claimed anything Vergil does is automatically viable despite it also being gameplay.

Gilgamesh scaling is fraudulent af ngl.
What exactly is the basis for 2a life stream? Iirc there’s no mention of countless or infinite worlds within the planet, only of multiple ones caused by specific actions and that’s low multi for now.
Vibes :)

If you think Gilgamesh scaling is wack, you’d have to argue he somehow doesn’t scale to Bartz and his friends despite clashing with them numerous times, or that his power level is weaker.

If you think Gilgamesh scaling is wack, you’d have to argue he somehow doesn’t scale to Bartz and his friends despite clashing with them numerous times, or that his power level is weaker.
Nah, he's fine. Scaling to him the instant he shows up, not so much. Consistency is still a thing that feeds to be factored in.

I mean it's not like there's no consistencies with the games he shows up, 13-2 has some 2-A stuff with the timelines, 1 literally has you taking on Shinryu and Omega easily with Chronodia being essentially a composite boss, 4 he's in his two armed state which lines up with the Creator's feats and the FF3 stuff casually. Hell if it wasn't for Shinryu's statement of holding back on the 4 crew, they'd be 2-A in the after years by now. The only one I don't think fully scales to him is 8 since he just shows up to oneshot seifer. The rest has some backing with Ivalice possibly haviing some busted shit.

Again, issue ain't with him, he is 2-A, and other games idk enough about, I've only played like 6 FFs, some of which like 20y ago bu I'll take your word.

I'm just saying, at least in the case of FF7R specifically, it would be so utterly and incomprehensibly inconsistent with everything else in the game, including things that consistently serve as caps, take tremendous effort, and more, that scaling them 2 infinities above a slew of said showings and feats, simply wouldn't make any sense. As Dale said, atm, shit's kind of an outlier, no different than spidey punching out some cosmic 4-A. Like yeah it's cool, but it ain't exactly consistent when he turns around and has 50 8-C to 8-B feats done with effort.

Note, I just think that's atm.

Lil bro 100% hitting 2-B/2-A by the end my vibes tell me someone will have an off hand line that will put it at 5D, believe in me, it's just atm it makes zero sense and doesn't check out

I know a friend who’s been talking about some lore stuff with the monsters/summons in rebirth, Sephiroth apparently has something really interesting about different realities, so it could lead to some consistencies with Gilgamesh

Excuse me, what?!

... Wait, that actually kind of makes sense with some of the random statements from the Compilation and Cloud ending up in Ivalice in Tactics.

What are the statements that show the Lifestream is 2-A?
Nah this isn't for any other final fantasy this is just in the regards for the lifestream in the remake stuff and ig now the og too. Anyways tho here's the clip and statements

Sephiroth: "When he boundaries of Fate are breached, new worlds are born. The planet encompasses a multitude of worlds ever unfolding. Some quickly perish...while others endure. Yet even the most resilient worlds are doomed to fade."

Etc. Etc. And sephiroth shows him countless other worlds

Last edited:
Nah this isn't for any other final fantasy this is just in the regards for the lifestream in the remake stuff and ig now the og too. Anyways tho here's the clip and statements

Sephiroth: "When he boundaries of Fate are breached, new worlds are born. The planet encompasses a multitude of worlds ever unfolding. Some quickly perish...while others endure. Yet even the most resilient worlds are doomed to fade."

Spoilers bro....

Well, dang. 2-A Lifestream is a thing.

Back