• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Oh, you were asking about it, thought you were talking about rewriting. Anyway, Sephiroth, the 4-B feat we used to use for scaling is no longer used since even weaker keys have 4-A feats and Sephiroth upscales from Knights of the Round Table's 3-B feat. And I don't think anyone attempted to argue against Final Fantasy scaling ever since, so actually I don't mind a removal so much.

Oh, you were asking about it, thought you were talking about rewriting. Anyway, Sephiroth, the 4-B feat we used to use for scaling is no longer used since even weaker keys have 4-A feats and Sephiroth upscales from Knights of the Round Table's 3-B feat. And I don't think anyone attempted to argue against Final Fantasy scaling ever since, so actually I don't mind a removal so much.
I have removed the rule.

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new here. I'm not the most knowledgeable on Final Fantasy, but I do enjoy the games.

Anyways, I had a question. What do you all think of this google doc? I was linked it by someone on the Death Battle Discord.

I myself have some disagreements with it, but I wanted to know what everyone here thought about it.

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new here. I'm not the most knowledgeable on Final Fantasy, but I do enjoy the games.

Anyways, I had a question. What do you all think of this google doc? I was linked it by someone on the Death Battle Discord.

I myself have some disagreements with it, but I wanted to know what everyone here thought about it.
I find it largely disagreeable for example using WoLs Dawn of Souls design despite every single piece of media that references him after Dissidia uses his Dissidia design including most recently Stranger of Paradise. In fact the only one that uses his Red Head design is.....Dissidia as an Alt Costume and Brave exvius which braves shifts into his Amano Design effectively it's been retconned at worst, not that every single piece of FF1 related media that's post Dawn of Souls is wrong.

It's just one of many misplaced assumptions and nitpicks and requires a lot "nuh uh, that doesn't count" and "it doesn't mean anything" especially around Gilgamesh statements which trues to use the fact he has 2 Zantetsukens to straight up ignore the fact Gilgamesh collects swords so he more than likely has multiple versions of the same weapons and his repeated statements of "Yeah I've been to that world and fought these guys"

It uses a lot of fluff to essentially say "nuh uh" and disregard any info that proves dissidia's canonicitiy

Last edited:
I find it largely disagreeable for example using WoLs Dawn of Souls design despite every single piece of media that references him after Dissidia uses his Dissidia design including most recently Stranger of Paradise. In fact the only one that uses his Red Head design is.....Dissidia as an Alt Costume and Brave exvius which braves shifts into his Amano Design effectively it's been retconned at worst, not that every single piece of FF1 related media that's post Dawn of Souls is wrong.
I also thought that argument was just... really weird. The Amano design is by far the most iconic design of the Warrior of Light, so of course there are going to be designs based off of it.
It's just one of many misplaced assumptions and nitpicks and requires a lot "nuh uh, that doesn't count" and "it doesn't mean anything" especially around Gilgamesh statements which trues to use the fact he has 2 Zantetsukens to straight up ignore the fact Gilgamesh collects swords so he more than likely has multiple versions of the same weapons and his repeated statements of "Yeah I've been to that world and fought these guys"
That was also really weird. They dismissed Gilgamesh using a weapon/attack in Final Fantasy XIII-2 that he was stated to have gained in that world, because we hadn't heard of that sword before? Also, they used the statement from the artist about including jokes in Gilgamesh's profile, but we don't know how much of it is a joke, and which ones are jokes (especially since it seems like several of them weren't jokes as evidenced by XIII-2).
It uses a lot of fluff to essentially say "nuh uh" and disregard any info that proves dissidia's canonicitiy
I think the worst part were the developer statements, which, to me, read as the developers thinking Dissidia is canon, but they interpreted as the developers initially not thinking of it as canon.

I also thought the Exdeath debunks were kind of bad (I'm pretty sure they've been addressed before).

I'm also pretty sure Final Fantasy XI, XIV, and some of the other spin-offs like Brave Exvius and World of Final Fantasy have 2-A statements.

(Oh yeah, I think they labeled Final Fantasy Type-0 as non-canon, which was really dumb).

I seriously wanna know how the hell he thinks Gilgamesh in 6 isn't the same gilgamesh in most of the games when he looks exactly like him and has a whole story on how he found the sword from a poisoned lake close to Cyan's home. Plus the whole "he's in Dissidia, doesn't mean he took a part in the story" alongside Mobius being unavailable is the dumbest point against gilgamesh ever since a game not being playable doesn't disprove the scene's existence. I guess if FGO got shut down and is unplayable every single feat from that game is considered unusable despite numerous clips of the game existing.

I'm actually getting a PS5 for this frikin game, that's my FFVII fantism for you, lol.

Might as well enjoy the crap out of XVI once I'm done with Rebirth
Yes please get 16 we need more peeps on it, i already did all the big calcs for it

If you ask me, Summon scaling can go for Class M for the low tiers (and maaaaaaayyybeee Class E) for keys before Gilgamesh is taken into account.

Funny you say that cause there’s a random dude in FF4 after years that casually mentioned the Devils Road transcends all dimensions. So you know….

get the endgame at low 2-C
does-he-know-meme.jpg

They only mention warping the geometric dimensions of his world though and apparently, it's not even included in the Japanese translations.
Western translations should likely take priority or be equally as valid bare minimum here since that's squares main audience for this release and was specifically the central point of its development.

Very big focus on being developed for our audiences rather than Japan's

There's like dozens of interviews and articles about thst specifically so here's a couple

Last edited:
Western translations should likely take priority or be equally as valid bare minimum here since that's squares main audience for this release and was specifically the central point of its development.

Very big focus on being developed for our audiences rather than Japan's

There's like dozens of interviews and articles about thst specifically so here's a couple
Well I've noticed a preference for raws over english text on the forum but since english is the primary language intended for the game, I guess that settles it then

I spent the past few months watching through all of FFXIV's main story and I've found some abilities that would apply to every character (or at least have a likely rating)

Its basically a power system in FFXIV called Dynamis and it allows for characters to transcend their limits and beat enemies they shouldn't be able to defeat based on their consistent power levels (this is something said almost verbatim by Omega, not same crazy theory I made up)

Also known as Akasa, it is an energy distinct from aether that is influenced by strong emotion that can boost someone's power, allowing them to grow stronger than before
It can't be seen or felt even by Ancients like Hermes and Emet Selch, who can see souls and sense aether
Under normal circumstances, it is weak because the effects of aether drowned out the effects of dynamis
Limit breaks utilise dynamis. For context limit breaks in XIV are like in VII and VIII, they're basically ultimate attacks

As for why it might be applicable to other FF universes, Omega in the raid talks about how the Warrior of Light has inconsistent power levels and can transcend his limits under stressful situations, just like the warriors from other universes Omega has observed. Omega has seen and made copies of Kefka, Exdeath and Chaos from their home universes.

I spent the past few months watching through all of FFXIV's main story and I've found some abilities that would apply to every character (or at least have a likely rating)

Its basically a power system in FFXIV called Dynamis and it allows for characters to transcend their limits and beat enemies they shouldn't be able to defeat based on their consistent power levels (this is something said almost verbatim by Omega, not same crazy theory I made up)

Also known as Akasa, it is an energy distinct from aether that is influenced by strong emotion that can boost someone's power, allowing them to grow stronger than before
It can't be seen or felt even by Ancients like Hermes and Emet Selch, who can see souls and sense aether
Under normal circumstances, it is weak because the effects of aether drowned out the effects of dynamis
Limit breaks utilise dynamis. For context limit breaks in XIV are like in VII and VIII, they're basically ultimate attacks

As for why it might be applicable to other FF universes, Omega in the raid talks about how the Warrior of Light has inconsistent power levels and can transcend his limits under stressful situations, just like the warriors from other universes Omega has observed. Omega has seen and made copies of Kefka, Exdeath and Chaos from their home universes.
All of this is already largely explained in dissidia oo. It’s willpower or power of the will.

this would explain why lads consistently shown and struggle with things ten fucktillion times less than big bad, and then 1v1 said big bad on equal ground consistently

this would explain why lads consistently shown and struggle with things ten fucktillion times less than big bad, and then 1v1 said big bad on equal ground consistently
In FFXV Noctis struggles with pushing a car then proceeds to block attacks from bosses 10 trillion times heavier than buildings, and in XVI Clive struggles with a portcullis but blocks a huge ass eikon

So like

"Varies, between at least [default], up to [obligatory world ending jrpg shit]"?

That would explain why they fodder af with a billion anti-feats, randomly punch out or kill dudes with legitimate wacky feats and maybe even do a wacky feat themselves, and then go right back to being not that five seconds later.

.....No, I'm halfway through watching OO's story and that's a reality warping power fuelled by will granted by the world the game takes place in. Dynamis is just another power source influenced by strong emotions, even negative ones, not just will
The gods did set the laws of that world I forgot about that. They still work very similarly only difference is it’s more OP in dissidia.

Back