• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy verse wide major revision (2-A for a lot of characters and maybe 1-A)

First up is the 2-A upgrades for FFV and removal of 2-C. Notice how it says that Exdeath can destroy all dimensions when he becomes the Void? I don’t see why this would only apply to Neo Exdeath, I think the Void in general would just be 2-A (at least), because for Neo Exdeath to send all existence to the Void, the Void would have to be the size of all existence which is 2-A. Exdeath already got full control of the Void here, prior to the fight against Tree Exdeath, and he claims that it is the ultimate power. This is not the only piece of evidence, another is a statement for the Cloud of Darkness which I will elaborate on below + the next paragraph

Time Mages in FFV are masters of time and space that can easily bend all dimensions to their will. This is a very blatant 2-A statement as the “bend all dimensions” is obviously referring to the potency of their space-time manipulation, not just time, as the same sentence mentions “space”, and the definition of “dimension” includes space. The Meteor spell is the most powerful of all time magic, which should make it scale above easily bending all dimensions.

This should also upgrade Gilgamesh, and the FFIV cast as Tellah mastered all black and white magic and was so great that he earned the sage title, and he has the Meteor spell making him stronger than “easily bending all dimensions”, so pretty much everyone in FF1-6 should be 2-A in their keys where they scale to Gilgamesh or to people who scale to him like the After Years cast. This is consistent with Kefka being able to control all reality with his powers, which should scale to all universes as the Ultimania narrator is obviously aware of more than 1 universe.

The Void also created "all" according to Exdeath, who is aware of all dimensions, so its easily another 2-A statement for the Void

This is one of the more important parts: In the Dissidia museum, it is said that the Cloud of Darkness is the embodiment of fear that has transcended the abstract. It was also created from fear, so this is consistent. The Japanese version verbatim states that the Cloud of Darkness is the fear itself that transcends all concepts. I’ve never seen a statement more blatant than this for transduality. I think this is a 1-A statement because the concept of higher dimensions does exist in FF: Promathia was going to merge all parallel worlds and realities to create a higher plane (blurry scan so you gotta squint), obviously talking about “higher dimension.” There’s 2 options here and you should comment which option is better: Option 1 is upgrade the Void or anyone who scales to CoD to 1-A + transduality, Option 2 is transduality for the Void, CoD and the people who embody it like Enuo and Exdeath, but with no 1-A. However, even with a lowball, this should be Low 1-C or 2-A if you think transcending all concepts includes the concept of all universes or 4D space. There is also no reason to assume that CoD was only gonna destroy 2 universes so its just 2-C, its like saying Gilgamesh is tier 9 for having nothing above that level without scaling.

FFVIII:

2-A reasons: I don't know if the FF8 cast scale to Gilgamesh normally but Ultimecia should be 2-A. She compresses the past, present, future, merges it into one, and returns all existence to nothing and I have no clue why you would assume Ultimecia means only 1 universe. For it to only mean 1 universe, you would need to think Ultimecia only knows of 1 universe, which makes no sense given she's a master of time and space, and because the statement I just showed is from Mobius Final Fantasy, where the characters from other games are pulled to this other universe. So Ultimecia would obviously know of other universes and is basically compressing all of time

FFVII:

At least Low 2-C likely 2-A reasons: This is the Typhon High 5-A calc. It literally says "放たれた閃光とともに、一瞬のうちに天地が逆転し.." which means "With a flash of light, heaven and earth is reversed in an instant". Heaven and Earth is a common term referring to the universe which makes sense because we clearly see that the sky itself is moving too, which means "flipping the world" in this instance is not talking about the planet, and the only other option is it flips the universe.

The Lifestream that Sephiroth was gonna destroy also surpasses time, so it most likely is just larger than time, and final fantasy has infinite timelines, so the Lifestream is at least 2-A. The Lifestream extends to even the FFXIV universe and the World of Final Fantasy universe so its not limited to just 1.

In this world of Mako – Aerith knew that the concept of time and distance was different from the surface. Time seemed to flow by slowly, and if she wanted, could also flash by in the blink of an eye. The passing of time in the Mako held no meaning in the first place. The Planet’s history was made up of accumulated memories, all merged together and were always by her side. There were memories of the present and also of the past. There was no way that Aerith could have seen all of them, but the events that were inscribed into the memories had surpassed time and were all linked together as a whole. It hinted that time was moving into the future in the world of the living. As those new memories from the surface merged together with the Planet, new life would be brought into the world as the energy from the Planet is delivered. That cycle told her how time flowed by one period after another.

Last edited:
Not what Inthought I'd seee waking up but I'm definitely following to see how it goes

Where does the transduality come from in this? I'm not seeing anything that'd give transduality. The quote given by the dissidia page doesn't seem like it'd be enough for that. Also, nothing that'd be evidence for something like a 1-A void from any of these. At most, if you take Promathia's statement at face value, it might be able to have something for L1C, but I'm not seeing 1A from this.

The lifestreams of FF7 and FF14 are explicitly different entities. They're similar concepts, but they do not scale 1 to 1 with each other.

Also the Time Mage thing, at least to me, doesn't mean anything without some sort of feats behind it. Sure, an end game FFV Time Mage is 2-A, but that's because it can handle entities like Neo Exdeath and those within the Sealed Temple.

I have no real thoughts on the explicitly FF7 stuff because I haven't looked into it at all yet, personally.

Exdeath requires the void to do the 2-A feat in the first place, so he'd still be 2-C in base, at best this would just buff Tree Exdeath to 2-A.

That's a good hax and range statement, but nothing about destroying or creating on that level so Idk how you'd get 2-A stats from that alone.

Tellah died casting meteor though, even if we were to accept this as meteor being actual 2-A he would not scale to this whatsoever in stats as it's a suicide move. Also Kefka controlling all of reality doesn't give us much, this can just mean his own reality. That and the fact that FF1-6 are confirmed to be in the same universe doesn't help much.

Where does it say it made everything? Just that the Void is where everything begins.

Not 100% sure if this grants transduality or not, and I'm not sure if that would grant 1-A unless they mentioned the concept of dimensions.

Were they actually pulled into that universe or were they sent there by someone else? Cause the trailer alone doesn't tell me much.

Heaven can also mean the sky, not the universe. Unless FF7 makes it abundantly clear that the heavens is referring to the universe this is still just the planet itself being flipped.

Don't know where you got the idea sephiroth was gonna destroy the lifestream, last time I checked he wanted to absorb it to become a god. Also we're gonna need more statements than just surpassing time, just saying.

This is one of the more important parts: In the Dissidia museum, it is said that the Cloud of Darkness is the embodiment of fear that has transcended the abstract. It was also created from fear, so this is consistent. The Japanese version verbatim states that the Cloud of Darkness is the fear itself that transcends all concepts. I’ve never seen a statement more blatant than this for transduality. I think this is a 1-A statement because the concept of higher dimensions does exist in FF: Promathia was going to merge all parallel worlds and realities to create a higher plane (blurry scan so you gotta squint), obviously talking about “higher dimension.” There’s 2 options here and you should comment which option is better: Option 1 is upgrade the Void or anyone who scales to CoD to 1-A + transduality, Option 2 is transduality for the Void, CoD and the people who embody it like Enuo and Exdeath, but with no 1-A. However, even with a lowball, this should be Low 1-C or 2-A if you think transcending all concepts includes the concept of all universes or 4D space. There is also no reason to assume that CoD was only gonna destroy 2 universes so its just 2-C, its like saying Gilgamesh is tier 9 for having nothing above that level without scaling.
BDXDeZu_d.webp

The 1-A stuff I really do not want to touch that ever again. But I basically agree with Glass, the FFV version of Shinryu is merely an Avatar and 2-A would not scale to base Exdeath. He needed the Void to even reach 2-A to begin with.

Exdeath requires the void to do the 2-A feat in the first place, so he'd still be 2-C in base, at best this would just buff Tree Exdeath to 2-A.

That's a good hax and range statement, but nothing about destroying or creating on that level so Idk how you'd get 2-A stats from that alone.

Tellah died casting meteor though, even if we were to accept this as meteor being actual 2-A he would not scale to this whatsoever in stats as it's a suicide move. Also Kefka controlling all of reality doesn't give us much, this can just mean his own reality. That and the fact that FF1-6 are confirmed to be in the same universe doesn't help much.

Where does it say it made everything? Just that the Void is where everything begins.

Not 100% sure if this grants transduality or not, and I'm not sure if that would grant 1-A unless they mentioned the concept of dimensions.

Were they actually pulled into that universe or were they sent there by someone else? Cause the trailer alone doesn't tell me much.

Heaven can also mean the sky, not the universe. Unless FF7 makes it abundantly clear that the heavens is referring to the universe this is still just the planet itself being flipped.

Don't know where you got the idea sephiroth was gonna destroy the lifestream, last time I checked he wanted to absorb it to become a god. Also we're gonna need more statements than just surpassing time, just saying.

He has full control and power of the Void, so his stats should scale to it since they amp him

Controlling all spacetime of all dimensions isn't just range, its affecting the 4D structure of infinite universes

Yeah but Tellah still has better magic than a regular time mage, and no, it says all reality, not "his own reality", which is 2-A

All concepts would include the concept of dimensions

Sent there by someone else I think

No, its heaven and earth, which refers to universe

Time is 2-A though and isn't that 2-A level absorption at the very least

The 1-A stuff I really do not want to touch that ever again. But I basically agree with Glass, the FFV version of Shinryu is merely an Avatar and 2-A would not scale to base Exdeath. He needed the Void to even reach 2-A to begin with.

Yeah you definitely didn't read the post fully, not the first time

He has full control and power of the Void, so his stats should scale to it since they amp him
actually it was never confirmed it amped him and acts more like a gun that Exdeath acquired rather then an amp as the Warriors of Dawn were able to nullify Exdeath's control of The Void but nothing else as prior they wern't able to keep him down

First up is the 2-A upgrades for FFV and removal of 2-C. Notice how it says that Exdeath can destroy all dimensions when he becomes the Void? I don’t see why this would only apply to Neo Exdeath, I think the Void in general would just be 2-A (at least), because for Neo Exdeath to send all existence to the Void, the Void would have to be the size of all existence which is 2-A. Exdeath already got full control of the Void here, prior to the fight against Tree Exdeath, and he claims that it is the ultimate power. This is not the only piece of evidence, another is a statement for the Cloud of Darkness which I will elaborate on below + the next paragraph

Time Mages in FFV are masters of time and space that can easily bend all dimensions to their will. This is a very blatant 2-A statement as the “bend all dimensions” is obviously referring to the potency of their space-time manipulation, not just time, as the same sentence mentions “space”, and the definition of “dimension” includes space. The Meteor spell is the most powerful of all time magic, which should make it scale above easily bending all dimensions.
They said bend all dimension, not all dimensions, which just sounds like Hax or reality warping since they never specified what dimension they were referring to, since pocket universes exist in the verse, and scaling an attack to random dudes makes no sense to me. The quote is explicitly referencing their mastery of space-time, not any of their specific spells or anything.
This should also upgrade Gilgamesh, and the FFIV cast as Tellah mastered all black and white magic and was so great that he earned the sage title, and he has the Meteor spell making him stronger than “easily bending all dimensions”, so pretty much everyone in FF1-6 should be 2-A in their keys where they scale to Gilgamesh or to people who scale to him like the After Years cast. This is consistent with Kefka being able to control all reality with his powers, which should scale to all universes as the Ultimania narrator is obviously aware of more than 1 universe.
Err...this would need way more evidence than you've provided. I don't know why you're assuming we would just know what you've considered, and again this general scaling chain makes no sense tbh.
The Void also created "all" according to Exdeath, who is aware of all dimensions, so its easily another 2-A statement for the Void
Seems like a solid 2-A feat, sure, that is assuming the Exdeath thing is legit, which you should have linked the statements that made you think this was the case. I'm neutral on this.
As stated before we don't scale transduality to 1-A anymore. It would only scale to the cosmology of the verse, so Low 1-C seems fine.
FFVIII:

2-A reasons: I don't know if the FF8 cast scale to Gilgamesh normally but Ultimecia should be 2-A. She compresses the past, present, future, merges it into one, and returns all existence to nothing and I have no clue why you would assume Ultimecia means only 1 universe. For it to only mean 1 universe, you would need to think Ultimecia only knows of 1 universe, which makes no sense given she's a master of time and space, and because the statement I just showed is from Mobius Final Fantasy, where the characters from other games are pulled to this other universe. So Ultimecia would obviously know of other universes and is basically compressing all of time
Seems fine I guess though I would defer to those who know the verse better.
FFVII:

At least Low 2-C likely 2-A reasons: This is the Typhon High 5-A calc. It literally says "放たれた閃光とともに、一瞬のうちに天地が逆転し.." which means "With a flash of light, heaven and earth is reversed in an instant". Heaven and Earth is a common term referring to the universe which makes sense because we clearly see that the sky itself is moving too, which means "flipping the world" in this instance is not talking about the planet, and the only other option is it flips the universe.
Heavens is also used to refer to the sky, to go beyond this you'd have to prove the universe is being flipped, and considering there are no celestial bodies in the background I see no proof of this.
The Lifestream that Sephiroth was gonna destroy also surpasses time, so it most likely is just larger than time, and final fantasy has infinite timelines, so the Lifestream is at least 2-A. The Lifestream extends to even the FFXIV universe and the World of Final Fantasy universe so its not limited to just 1.

In this world of Mako – Aerith knew that the concept of time and distance was different from the surface. Time seemed to flow by slowly, and if she wanted, could also flash by in the blink of an eye. The passing of time in the Mako held no meaning in the first place. The Planet’s history was made up of accumulated memories, all merged together and were always by her side. There were memories of the present and also of the past. There was no way that Aerith could have seen all of them, but the events that were inscribed into the memories had surpassed time and were all linked together as a whole. It hinted that time was moving into the future in the world of the living. As those new memories from the surface merged together with the Planet, new life would be brought into the world as the energy from the Planet is delivered. That cycle told her how time flowed by one period after another.
Scans that Sephiroth was going to destroy it? Also, how he was going to destroy it is important too.

actually it was never confirmed it amped him and acts more like a gun that Exdeath acquired rather then an amp as the Warriors of Dawn were able to nullify Exdeath's control of The Void but nothing else as prior they wern't able to keep him down
Sure but can't the cast survive the Void when Exdeath has full control?

Doesn’t work that way, you need an explicit proof. A 10D can create a 9D verse and all the concept in the verse and he would still get that above concepts statements from the things he created.

Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof
If he created all concepts of that verse, it would be outerversal, unless its just some concepts rather than all concepts

This is just appeal to incredulity, it would take more assumptions to say "all concepts doesn't mean all concepts"

They said bend all dimension, not all dimensions, which just sounds like Hax or reality warping since they never specified what dimension they were referring to, since pocket universes exist in the verse, and scaling an attack to random dudes makes no sense to me. The quote is explicitly referencing their mastery of space-time, not any of their specific spells or anything.

All dimension means all dimensions dude, its specified to be all, not just 1. The meteor spell is more powerful than regular Time magic which has enough power to bend all dimensions and time and space, so its 2-A. And bending all dimensions is both hax an AP

Err...this would need way more evidence than you've provided. I don't know why you're assuming we would just know what you've considered, and again this general scaling chain makes no sense tbh.

Why does it need more evidence? Elaborate

Heavens is also used to refer to the sky, to go beyond this you'd have to prove the universe is being flipped, and considering there are no celestial bodies in the background I see no proof of this.

Heaven and earth means universe though. And you forgot the rest of my explanation, world either means "planet" or "universe" and we know its more than just the planet being flipped because the sky is flipped too. Also, if you use the summon in a place with a starry sky, the background with stars moves too

If he created all concepts of that verse, it would be outerversal, unless its just some concepts rather than all concepts

This is just appeal to incredulity, it would take more assumptions to say "all concepts doesn't mean all concepts"
Read again clearly
Doesn’t work that way, you need an explicit proof. A 10D can create a 9D verse and all the concepts in the verse and he would still get that above concepts statements from the things he created.

Why would "all concepts" mean "all concepts in the verse" instead of "all concepts"?
Because “all concepts” will still be talking about “all concepts in the said verse”
You may as well give them the concepts from every verse and real life that you can find.

It’s pretty simple, when they say “all concepts” in a fictional verse, we use it strictly for the concepts of that verse we don’t pull out other verse concepts and slap it on them.

All dimension means all dimensions dude, its specified to be all, not just 1.
I disagree with this interpretation. Based on the statement one dimension of an unknown size is being referred to. I have no idea where this idea of multiple dimensions comes from. All means the entirety. It does not refer to multiple unless given proper context.
The meteor spell is more powerful than regular Time magic which has enough power to bend all dimensions and time and space, so its 2-A. And bending all dimensions is both hax an AP
It's not, since the effect of bending is never extrapolated. Nothing being destroyed, or created or anything. It's not even range, since it could just be referring to reality warping on any local scale.
Why does it need more evidence? Elaborate
Please prove that the narrator is aware of all universes.
Heaven and earth means universe though.
Click the link I provided, heaven can literally just mean the sky or atmosphere just as it means the universe. It is vague frame of terminology.
And you forgot the rest of my explanation, world either means "planet" or "universe" and we know its more than just the planet being flipped because the sky is flipped too.
The sky that explicitly only involved the clouds changing position. There's no evidence that anything more than the planet was affected.
Also, if you use the summon in a place with a starry sky, the background with stars moves too
If this is true then I concede to that point.

Because “all concepts” will still be talking about “all concepts in the said verse”
You may as well give them the concepts from every verse and real life that you can find.

It’s pretty simple, when they say “all concepts” in a fictional verse, we use it strictly for the concepts of that verse we don’t pull out other verse concepts and slap it on them.
No, just assume "all concepts" instead of "all concepts in every verse" because that takes more assumptions since that would include concepts that already transcend all concepts

No, just assume "all concepts" instead of "all concepts in every verse" because that takes more assumptions since that would include concepts that already transcend all concepts
I have no idea what you are saying, but like I said an “all concepts” statement is verse specific

Of your verse has not displayed any set number of concepts, the phrase "all concepts" is completely arbitrary.

Yea 1-A is straight up wrong since the explanation of OP is based on NLF, there is no need to discuss such obvious thing at all.

Aside from what everyone else has said
When Enna Kros creates her worlds she takes bits and pieces of other FF worlds and puts her own little spin on it. Grymoire doesn't have a lifestream, it just has trace amounts of Mako

Why? They're too similar, and are both made of spirit energy and memory
The lifestream in 14 is explicitly only covering the world of Etheirys, and has little to no real relationship to the one in FF7 in any way, shape, or form. Just having a similar concept doesn't mean it has all of the properties that the one in 7 does.

There is a sort of background lifestream-like thing that covers the whole universe, but that is something that hasn't really been explained except in very minor passing, and also there's not much to say what it is or isn't, so scaling that to the one in 7 is premature at best, and dishonest at worst.

For slightly farther elaboration: Each "Star" (world) in Final Fantasy 14 has its own lifestream that life returns to when it dies. But there is also a sort of lifestream-like thing that suffices the background of the universe as well.

@XXKINGXX69 Exdeath still needed the Void so he wouldn't lose his 2-C rating at all.

That's still not a 2-A feat.

Again, he died from casting meteor so he wouldn't scale even if we were to accept the time magic being 2-A

You're gonna need more statements for an extraordinary buff like that.

Prove the heavens mean the universe/space outside of the planet and not just the sky itself.

when has absorbing time equates to 2-A?

Transcending all concepts doesn’t really scale to outer whatsoever. Sure you can say that he transcends the concepts of space and time, But as noted in one of the footnotes(or notes can’t remember it out of my head) Just transcending them alone isn’t enough, You would need to substantiate proof of this character transcending every extension of that said concepts. Same goes to the transduality argument, Just transcending all dualities isn’t enough you would need to proof that that the character transcends all dualities on any level, Idk about the the 2-A stuff tho. Im too lazy for that

Of your verse has not displayed any set number of concepts, the phrase "all concepts" is completely arbitrary.
Every word is arbitrary

@XXKINGXX69 Exdeath still needed the Void so he wouldn't lose his 2-C rating at all.

That's still not a 2-A feat.

Again, he died from casting meteor so he wouldn't scale even if we were to accept the time magic being 2-A

You're gonna need more statements for an extraordinary buff like that.

Prove the heavens mean the universe/space outside of the planet and not just the sky itself.

when has absorbing time equates to 2-A?
The main cast can survive the Void before they fight Neo Exdeath too

Him dying to meteor isn't an anti feat, he can use other spells than bend all dimensions

I didn't just say heavens, I said heaven and earth, which is the universe. At least 3-A

There are infinite timelines, so if the Lifestream surpasses time, its larger than time and by extension all the timelines

I disagree with this interpretation. Based on the statement one dimension of an unknown size is being referred to. I have no idea where this idea of multiple dimensions comes from. All means the entirety. It does not refer to multiple unless given proper context.

It's not, since the effect of bending is never extrapolated. Nothing being destroyed, or created or anything. It's not even range, since it could just be referring to reality warping on any local scale.

Please prove that the narrator is aware of all universes.

Click the link I provided, heaven can literally just mean the sky or atmosphere just as it means the universe. It is vague frame of terminology.

The sky that explicitly only involved the clouds changing position. There's no evidence that anything more than the planet was affected.

If this is true then I concede to that point.
It doesn't say 1 dimension, it says all dimension, them not adding an "s" is probably just a mistake

Why would it be "any local scale"? You don't need to destroy to be 2-A, warping all the dimensions is

The narrator is omniscient, not some in universe character

Nice try ignoring my explanation, I didnt just say the sky moving means the universe is moving, I said it means that the word "world" in this context isn't referring to the planet. Also, if you only flip the planet, the sky would turn from day to night. I also used more explanations to prove its the universe, re read it before commenting

It doesn't say 1 dimension, it says all dimension, them not adding an "s" is probably just a mistake
No evidence for this.
Why would it be "any local scale"? You don't need to destroy to be 2-A, warping all the dimensions is
Because pocket dimensions exist in the verse? Simply referring to a dimension means nothing.
The narrator is omniscient, not some in universe character\
My point was, did the narrator refer to any other universes? Narrator or not, you need to actually prove universes are being affected in the story.
Nice try ignoring my explanation, I didnt just say the sky moving means the universe is moving, I said it means that the word "world" in this context isn't referring to the planet. Also, if you only flip the planet, the sky would turn from day to night. I also used more explanations to prove its the universe, re read it before commenting
If you actually read my comment then you would have known I conceded to that point.

No evidence for this.

Because pocket dimensions exist in the verse? Simply referring to a dimension means nothing.

My point was, did the narrator refer to any other universes? Narrator or not, you need to actually prove universes are being affected in the story.

If you actually read my comment then you would have known I conceded to that point.
Because "all dimension" is more likely to mean "all dimensions" than "all of this dimension". It doesn't say just pocket dimensions, it says all of them

"All reality" is already enough to prove universes are being affected, do you agree that other universes are part of reality

Also transcending on that way would max out at Aleph 0 or Aleph 1, neither of which are 1-A.

Yeah, the endgame crew where they're already 2-A so that's not a supporting argument for base exdeath upscaling.

Yes it is an anti feat cause he should've been fine by the spell if he was this powerful.

Again, you need to prove heavens mean space and not sky, if you're not gonna prove it then you're not getting anywhere with this buff.

that's still not enough, surpassing time in of itself doesn't give anything.

Yeah, the endgame crew where they're already 2-A so that's not a supporting argument for base exdeath upscaling.

Yes it is an anti feat cause he should've been fine by the spell if he was this powerful.

Again, you need to prove heavens mean space and not sky, if you're not gonna prove it then you're not getting anywhere with this buff.

that's still not enough, surpassing time in of itself doesn't give anything.

Its possible to be 2-A and still use up so much energy you die from an attack far higher than that

I didn't say heavens means space

This would not scale to his raw stats as he died casting meteor, unless you have proof Tellah can use meteor without dying he’s not scaling to 2-A even if we scale time magic to 2-A.

So then Typhon isn’t getting a buff then since you don’t have proof heavens mean space.

Back