• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Rex Salazar vs Garou (Semi-Final 1)

can anyone enlighten us on the numbers difference between massively hypersonic and massively revalistic btw? Since Garou bridged that gap with ease with his power creep

So Garou's adaptation is overcoming GOD multipliers??
Technically no, but you failed to listen to my point, and it shows your lack of dragonball knowledge as a whole

Goku's transformations are NOT a power creep. His base form is what would be increased

Transformations are different levels that can be reached for Goku, and do not fluctuate, it's a specific multiplier on a fluxing base form

Send scans.

Also, a question: How do Rex' Nanites adapt? Does it need to analyze? Do they need to be hit?

Both of these, essentially.

It depends on the severity of the situation.

Sometimes he just fights better on an opponent he needs to fight better against.

Sometimes new machines and builds made to countner the core are made.

Or sometimes he turns into a giant mech that can take on a combined Demi-God megazord with pieces of aspects to their universe wielded by it lol

Technically no, but you failed to listen to my point, and it shows your lack of dragonball knowledge as a whole

Goku's transformations are NOT a power creep. His base form is what would be increased

Super Saiyan gives multiplier boosts with a set number to Goku's base form, ignoring this is just blatant shenanigans. I'm not talking about base Zenkai's at all.

You're saying Garou's adaptive evolution is going to skyrocket over the multipliers provided by Super saiyans 1 through Blue? And Ultra Instinct? Seriously?
Goes from fighting even with Flash, to beating him

Goes from fighting even with PS, to blitzing and turning him into dust in one move

Goes from fighting somewhat even with Bang, to one shotting him with just a graze

Goes from getting stomped by Darkshine, to stomping

Goes from practically dying, to one shotting

Goes from being overwhelmed and knocked around, to easily winning

Your turn.

Pretty sure that Rex has mechanical limitations, and he took several hits and had to be on the brink of death that first one

Garou would kill him long before that happened with durability negation

So basically, Garou did the equivalent of Goku's SSJ3 amp doubled in mere moments (Using dragonball terms here, since you clearly know so much about the franchise)

Pretty sure that Rex has mechanical limitations, and he took several hits and had to be on the brink of death that first one

Garou would kill him long before that happened with durability negation

Base form Quarry is comparable to Pre-Omega Rex (At least when Rex is not trying to murder him) Quarry with a weapon that ignores durability and atomizes anything with any form of organic matter on the other hand?

Goes from fighting even with Flash, to beating him

Goes from fighting even with PS, to blitzing and turning him into dust in one move

Goes from fighting somewhat even with Bang, to one shotting him with just a graze

Goes from getting stomped by Darkshine, to stomping

Goes from practically dying, to one shotting

Goes from being overwhelmed and knocked around, to easily winning

Your turn.

Now give me a timeframe for most of these in comparison to the ones I sent to you. ESPECIALLY the first one, since that one is more so in regards to the core aspect I mentioned earlier.
please read everything I just said.

Please read everything I just said (2)

So basically, Garou did the equivalent of Goku's SSJ3 amp doubled in mere moments (Using dragonball terms here, since you clearly know so much about the franchise)
I mean, that's kind of a bad argument, ain't it? The author very obviously didn't just assume Garou got like 874x stronger in mere moments, and since we don't have a set multiplier, we can't just magically assume Garou is gonna somehow instantly overpower Rex in a blink of an eye simply due to this.

That's like saying Goku's (Yes, as much as I hate bringing dbs here, I have to) Super Saiyan God is like quintillions of times multiplier because it boosted Goku from 4-B to 3-A, which is just... bad.

Now give me a timeframe for most of these in comparison to the ones I sent to you. ESPECIALLY the first one, since that one is more so in regards to the core aspect I mentioned earlier.
For the Flash/PS battle, in real-time it would've happened in just seconds I believe.

Note, that this is a CONSTANT increase

Agreed. I'm well aware of this. But the same could be said for Rex.

However, Rex's only begins when the opponent poses an issue to him. Does Garou's adaptive evolution happen even when he's fine and comfortable? Because I can only recall this stuff happening in battles worth his time (Or battles where he is pre-exhausted prior hand)

I mean, that's kind of a bad argument, ain't it? The author very obviously didn't just assume Garou got like 874x stronger in mere moments, and since we don't have a set multiplier, we can't just magically assume Garou is gonna somehow instantly overpower Rex in a blink of an eye simply due to this.

That's like saying Goku's (Yes, as much as I hate bringing dbs here, I have to) Super Saiyan God is like quintillions of times multiplier because it boosted Goku from 4-B to 3-A, which is just... bad.
I mean, it's the best measurement we have, since Toriyama clearly still thinks his characters are planetary at best half the time...

Agreed. I'm well aware of this. But the same could be said for Rex.

However, Rex's only begins when the opponent poses an issue to him. Does Garou's adaptive evolution happen even when he's fine and comfortable? Because I can only recall this stuff happening in battles worth his time (Or battles where he is pre-exhausted prior hand)
It would certainly be triggered if Rex was as bs at adaption as you say with his perfect counter skills

You're not ONE, wdym?
Why can't he grow 874x stronger?

You can't just assume the intentions of the writer, and use that as an argument.

In under a second.

0.0013 seconds

In the midst of their fight, so probably around 3-10 seconds

Right after taking that attack, he went to dominate Darkshine, so probably 5-10 seconds

Probably 30 minutes to an hour

A minute give or take.

with an 874x increase to speed, Garou would blitz and one shot before Rex even knows whats happening
image6-1.png

It would certainly be triggered if Rex was as bs at adaption as you say with his perfect counter skills

Rex's Nanites respond to danger and evolve right away if Rex's pre-existing abilities are deemed as unable to handle them so that's not going to happen. They don't just sit and wait for him to allow Garou to improve and improve. They improve Rex as well and on top of that they do their hax shenanigans and make a Build made to attack that core aspect.

What do you mean by two things at once? And how does that correlate to the power creep overcoming Rex's powers?

The only KNOWN Weaknesses to the Nanites adaptability would be.

1: Insane stats gap from the start...Which...Isn't a factor to an equal stats tournament.

2: Some incalculable, laws of physics, super-meta BS. Like a gag character with toon force or some ability that bends the laws of realty or yada yada. Stuff like that

starting at equal stats, yes, actually, Garou's power creep outpaces

Do better

I sense an NLF, since in your own scans, Rex had to take several hits in order to adapt, and he wouldn't have prior knowledge of Garou, he wouldn't live past the first vibrations

You know, I went into this tournament thinking Garou would be OP due to his skill, but in hindsight constant reactive evolution is really what does it in a stat-equal tournament.

You're not ONE, wdym?
Why can't he grow 874x stronger?

You can't just assume the intentions of the writer, and use that as an argument.
With this argument, can't I just literally apply this to any character who gets a massive boost? Ie, can't I just magically assume Goku's SSG is quintillions of times multiplier since it boosted his ap from 4-B to 3-A? We don't know the authors intention, so we might as well do that.

I know this is sort of derailing, but this honestly seems important.

Garou has less adapability, But ultimately, With his fighting styles, and no way for rex to know just how deadly Garou is until it's too late, since Rex can only use two things at once, and Garou's power creep will eventually overpower Rex, Rex can't make a build that'll infinitely keep pace and perfectly counter Garou, he isn't without limits
Heck, I'm not even sure if I agree with this. Their adaptability powers work fundamentally different to even confirm or deny this.

All I'm reading so far is that Garou's adaptability is hyper and invincible.
Well, not invincible. Just OP when stats are equal like this. It means he's basically always going to have the AP and speed advantage.

With this argument, can't I just literally apply this to any character who gets a massive boost? Ie, can't I just magically assume Goku's SSG is quintillions of times multiplier since it boosted his ap from 4-B to 3-A? We don't know the authors intention, so we might as well do that.

I know this is sort of derailing, but this honestly seems important.
This argument is meaningless to me, sorry.
I know nothing about DBZ.

Your really one to talk with "He can adapt to the very concept of Martial arts"

Can he adapt to the concept of Garou ******* cockstomps?

He can literally make a build that makes punching, kicking or whatever physical strike irrelevant to him technically if that's what the Nanites dictate so.......Yeah.

Is that how it even works? Because I'm out of the loop with that one.
Basically he constantly grows stronger and faster as he fights.
It was more tame when he was human, but in his half-monster key he goes from even to blitz in milliseconds.

He can literally make a build that makes punching, kicking or whatever physical strike irrelevant to him technically if that's what the Nanites dictate so.......Yeah.
the problem is, he can't do this instantly, in your own scans, he took several lasers before his adaption kicks in

Back