• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Rex Salazar vs Garou (Semi-Final 1)

Wait a second... If all of Rex's skill feats were negged and mean nothing, does it mean that Number Man should've won that last fight? Because honestly most of the arguments I've been reading were about how unimpressive Rex's skill feats were

Wait a second... If all of Rex's skill feats were negged and mean nothing, does it mean that Number Man should've won that last fight? Because honestly most of the arguments I've been reading were about how unimpressive Rex's skill feats were
Either that or Rex’s skill feats are that impressive and I just didn’t have time to counter everyone’s arguments fully. I’ll let you decide. But yeah the implication that Garou > Number Man in skill doesn’t make any sense, granted there’s more to Rex and Garou than just skill, whereas for Number Man not really (besides intelligence)

None of his skill feats were negged here? Unless I'm missing something. Confused people who know nothing about the series tried to downplay here and there, sure but I saw none of that

All I saw was the infinite skill thing from Paradox be negged because it's super sketchy, which it is.

None of his skill feats were negged here? Unless I'm missing something. Confused people who know nothing about the series tried to downplay here and there, sure but I saw none of that
Yeah like I saw some stuff being mentioned at the end where somehow “Rex’s speed buff gets negged by his equipment being dusted” which eh shows a complete misunderstanding of Rex’s power set. Even while the match is already over.
All I saw was the infinite skill thing from Paradox be negged because it's super sketchy, which it is.
We can debate that in DM’s 😉.

Either that or Rex’s skill feats are that impressive and I just didn’t have time to counter everyone’s arguments fully. I’ll let you decide. But yeah the implication that Garou > Number Man in skill doesn’t make any sense, granted there’s more to Rex and Garou than just skill, whereas for Number Man not really (besides intelligence)

Number man and Garou are fundamentally different from one another. Number man has no answer for the Nanites anti-biology and machine shenanigans but yeah, Garou being more skilled than Number Man doesn't make any sense to me either

Like I’ll admit that Number Man’s supporters weren’t that active, but it seemed that the guy who everyone counted on to counter, just couldn’t.

Nah it's for the ghosts' speed and someone asked the scan a bit back. The impressive stuff is off-screen where Vilgax takes on hordes of those at once as shown in a flashback.
Can you show it the video flashback because from that video as I said the ghost don't look impressive, and if in the flashback he is surrounded by hundred or thousand of ghost but in the end just 3 or 5 attack at the same time at most then it wouldn't sound really amazing, if it's also considered how slow they seem to be, unintelligent (except the leader that seem to have a normal level of intelligence) and be made of crystal since basically anything show in the video one-shot them (the sword, eyes beams and even in one moment Vilgax just swung his arm and one ghost died).
I mean they scale above people who do show a lot of skill and under people who show really good skill feats. So the way the fights are portrayed for non-ninja/bounty hunter type characters don't really reflect how skilled they really are since they can beat those ninja/bounty hunter type characters in straight H2H combat. So if you wanna claim inconsistency on this thing, you'd have to essentially scale the characters like Master Kundo who are introduced to fit the narrative of OP martial artist under his own skill feats. Meanwhile I just interpret it as the characters not showing off their skill against equal opponents unless their shtick is showing off their skill. Also I never claimed Paradox had infinite skill btw, only infinite experience, big difference.
Can you say the characters above who they scale, the reason of why the scale in skill and show their impressive skill feats? Because the things I said aren't something related to the flashiness or coolness of a fight, things like feints and the analysis of the opponent moves it's something basic of combat, the use of the surrounding to take advantage it's also pretty important as show in several series or even combats in real life, the number of attacks they made between that clip and the clip of the previous part I think was less than 20 and that's a number really low for a fight between persons that are equally strong (and now that I think about it they don't even dodged or tried to dodge many attacks, which is something obviously basic in combat and that every person fighting would want to do), the use of the rest of the body like the legs it's also very important since a kick can do a great amount of damage (like if for example when they were blocking weapons one of them launched a kick to the other the one who did that would have be at a great advantage), the use of powers in creative and effective ways it's also important because it give a obviously advantage (like for example, if when they were clashing weapons Eon made a portal in the side of Paradox to punch him with his other hand or summon subordinates that attacked in that moment when Paradox was vulnerable), if they just use they powers in specific moments and in ways that aren't really great then don't matter much if they actually have them. It's a lack of so many things important in fights, a combination of elements that go completely against the idea that they actually are skilled fighters or that had infinite experience.

IIrc the blue alien that it's the companion of Ben in that video (the dude in the other motorcycle) was a skilled fighter no? Can you confirm it? And if that's the case Paradox and Eon are supposed to scale above him?

Last edited:
Honestly, I still can't understand how it's that some many persons decided that Rex it's more skilled that Number Man or that he would win but meh. From what I saw the support brought about Number Man skill feats I genuinelly believe that he is more skilled in general than Garou, though I also think that talking purely about martial skill Garou it's better, if in a combat between the two Garou end winning do to RE, the shockwaves or his arsenal in general it's another thing but in general skill Number Man it's above.
They didn't even bring scans when I asked, so not much we can do if they aren't going to defend their character 🤷‍♂️
I mean, there was posted a literal wall with quotes and explaining the context, from a novel based media you can't ask really more, the number chapter or the link to the original text wouldn't change the fact that what was posted say the same thing and actually the fact that they give just the quote with a explanation of context save the others the time needed to read several thousands of words. I also understand not wanting to participate more when the other side firmly believe that Rex, Six or Vilgax are more skilled after everything that was said about Number Man and without showing actual impressive skill feats (at least the 2-3 videos of Ben 10 that I commented don't are impressive talking from a skill point of view do to the reasons I said, and the 2 videos I saw about Rex fighting (one against the sort of werewolf and the one when he fight against a mecha and in the end he himself also become a mecha) aren't also great skill wise, maybe I need to see more video to see the skill showings but my internet is currently bad so just see that videos took really long).

Good I really don't want to continue this it isn't getting anywhere

I mean, there was posted a literal wall with quotes and explaining the context, from a novel based media you can't ask really more, the number chapter or the link to the original text wouldn't change the fact that what was posted say the same thing and actually the fact that they give just the quote with a explanation of context save the others the time needed to read several thousands of words. I also understand not wanting to participate more when the other side firmly believe that Rex, Six or Vilgax are more skilled after everything that was said about Number Man and without showing actual impressive skill feats (at least the 2-3 videos of Ben 10 that I commented don't are impressive talking from a skill point of view do to the reasons I said, and the 2 videos I saw about Rex fighting (one against the sort of werewolf and the one when he fight against a mecha and in the end he himself also become a mecha) aren't also great skill wise, maybe I need to see more video to see the skill showings but my internet is currently bad so just see that videos took really long).
Well skill wasn't the thing I asked about...

Well skill wasn't the thing I asked about...
If you look at the wall of text with the quotes you can see that they even have a link to the source material, so the things you was asking, scans, it's there:
And if you searched the tag of Number Man literally the match before the vs with Rex had this post with quotes, links and explanations: https://vsbattles.com/threads/precognition-battle-connor-vs-the-number-man.126624/post-4288471

So sorry, but the scans are there and isn't hard to find more about the character.

But enough with Number Man, grace ended so it's time to wait for the next match.

Back