• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Shock Rock vs Garou (Quarter-Final-1)

the scan of the feat referenced in the page is this one which has been used as the prime example throughout the thread
Thats a scan of what it visually does, I'm pretty sure there is a statement that explains it otherwise it wouldn't be Dura negation

If Garou were to hit shock rock with multiple WCIF attacks, wouldn't it reduce shock rock's armour to pieces he hasn't shown to regenerate from?
The example consistently given of the "dura neg by attacking from the inside out" should be regen-able imo based on the regen feat provided

okay guys since i don't want to make this things long,

i will vote for Incon, either Garou demolish the armor of SR, or either SR incap Garou with Cage , or he can't get pass his regen

i vote Incon

Speaking of multiple Shock Rock himself has endless energy supply to spam Bluemerang homing attacks while constantly flying from Atmosphere or outerspace or use multiple weapons/projections on him so that's not something new especially in his debut episode for the first time he 1 vs 4 won, the double weapons would definitely prevent him from being overwhelmed.
If shockrock camps in space then Garou can't do anything but if shockrock stays on earth then Garou can simply reach him via pseudo flight (those lines are Garou against 2 other opponents moving at fast speeds and bouncing off the air to move and fight each other) so Garou has range covered and even if shock rock stays in the air, Garou has plenty time to react to his moves and dodge.

okay guys since i don't want to make this things long,

i will vote for Incon, either Garou demolish the armor of SR, or either SR incap Garou with Cage , or he can't get pass his regen

i vote Incon
tbh i dont see why. For me either this is durability negating and Garou easily wins or it's not and Garou has no wincons. That's my take

The example consistently given of the "dura neg by attacking from the inside out" should be regen-able imo based on the regen feat provided
The example given is of the technique being used for one single attack, if Garou uses that attack in a barrage like This then he should reduce shock rock to small enough pieces.

Only reason why Garou hasn't done that in series is because he either did it to monsters who only require one hit to kill or was fighting against heroes who he doesn't want to kill.

The example given is of the technique being used for one single attack, if Garou uses that attack in a barrage like This then he should reduce shock rock to small enough pieces.

Only reason why Garou hasn't done that in series is because he either did it to monsters who only require one hit to kill or was fighting against heroes who he doesn't want to kill.
I mean if that were the same attack that negates durability by crushing all the opponent's bones with shockwaves, wouldn't darkshine be dead there?

I mean if that were the same attack that negates durability by crushing all the opponent's bones with shockwaves, wouldn't darkshine be dead there?
The technique that crushes bones with shockwaves was used later against Bang, Garou just used cross fang dragon slayer fist which is stated to be stronger that the bone breaking attack but has no statements as to whether it durability negates.

Damn WCIF might get downgraded lmao, I'll check on the general discussion thread since I'm not the one who added it for Dura neg

Edit: NVM

There's zero reason for Ben to stay especially after Ben he stepped aside and waited for the perfect opportunity for Vilgax and Weatherheads to Aoe energy bomb them either he Class P Energy Cages from a distance if Garou blitz which XLR8 did (The fastest alien of the series) still got caged or SR utilizes his space-armor to stay out of the trouble which is what he was doing before he encountered the Incursean space ship in the galaxy and got into a fight.

I don't remember where for Bomb, but I remember talking about this somewhere in this site, that when Bang and Bomb fought EC, we saw Bomb create shockwaves with his martial art that would, according to himself, turn EC's carapace into dust. I think this is where dura neg for WCIF comes from.

that's about what I expected. This is dura neg for about the same reason that this is. This is very clearly not internal damage.
I don't remember where for Bomb, but I remember talking about this somewhere in this site, that when Bang and Bomb fought EC, we saw Bomb create shockwaves with his martial art that would, according to himself, turn EC's carapace into dust. I think this is where dura neg for WCIF comes from.

but then it explicitly did not turn EC into dust as we've already talked about in this thread

I would also like to add that I see no reason why molting would stop a durability negating attack from turning EC into dust if that is indeed what should've happened. Bomb was wrong

So I’ve talked to an OPM expert on the Garou dura neg thing.

He came to the conclusion that Garou can in fact turn people equal to himself in AP and dura, their bones into dust.

The reason EC did not get turned to dust is because he is more durable than Bomb anticipated. But he later on seems to equate EC to Bang’s bones.

What this means for this MU is that Shock Rock becomes Pulverized Rock (since his “bones” would be his rock armor). Which would be beyond Shock Rock’s regenerative capabilities… unless you argue that he has High regen, something the OPM expert also pointed out since his regen seems to rely on his energy. But arguing this would probably disqualify him from the tournament.

As such I vote for Garou (sorry DD 😢).

Back