• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Rex Salazar vs Maka Albarn (Quarter-Final-2)

His Sword also has Dura Negation and it's also worth nothing that Rex's Nanites have (vaguely) interacted with Souls before like when he allowed the EVO "One" to speak through him and towards Agent Six.
I remember that a bit, pretty sure it's either too vague to be a soul related thing or just wouldn't help here.

assuming his Nanites don't do something else seeing as how they can just make Rex spatially aware to those with that kind of power like Breach or any other ability that poses an issue to him.
Breach's powers are completely different from Maka's in both source and effects tho? That's kinda stretching unless i am missing something

Maka has superior regen but Rex has amps from his Omega Builds and his Omega EVO transformation.
Maka has amps from Soul Resonance (first Witch Hunt and after that Demon Hunt) and then Black Blood which gets stronger the more she uses it iirc.

To me it feels like Rex just dodges everything she can throw at him and cuts her neck (and the scythe if it's in the way) in half if she doesn't have any impressive skill feats.
Question, how in character it is for Rex to go for the kill against a normal teenager? I mean, i am sure i remember him not going for the kill against EVOs as well, only doing that as a last move.

Question, how in character it is for Rex to go for the kill against a normal teenager? I mean, i am sure i remember him not going for the kill against EVOs as well, only doing that as a last move.
SBA's state of mind helps him considering he won't have much of a choice due to her regen.

SBA's state of mind helps him considering he won't have much of a choice due to her regen.
No, he will not start the fight going for the kill if he doesn't do that in character, state of mind doesn't change how they fight.

Last edited:
No, he will not start the fight going for the kill if he doesn't do that in character, state of mind doesn't change how they fight.
Never said he would. But as soon as he realizes that killing is the only option (which will be relatively quick due to the regen) he’ll do so. Meanwhile in-verse he might doubt more (considering containment in Providence HQ is an option there)

That's kinda stretching unless i am missing something
There’s a WoG stating that his nanites will can react to counter any potential threat.
has amps from his Omega Builds
Not really, those would be equal in AP to Maka. The exception being his shield which can take attacks from the Consortium Mecha.
Maka has amps from Soul Resonance (first Witch Hunt and after that Demon Hunt) and then Black Blood which gets stronger the more she uses it iirc.
How good and fast are the amps?
i remember him not going for the kill against EVOs as well, only doing that as a last move.
First move against UN episode Van Kleiss and iirc Quarry.

Never said he would. But as soon as he realizes that killing is the only option (which will be relatively quick due to the regen) he’ll do so. Meanwhile in-verse he might doubt more (considering containment in Providence HQ is an option there)
I mean, by SBA he is willing to kill, but since in character that type of thing is just a last resort he isn't suddenly decide quickly go for the kill, he would try it after a while if he see there is no more option.
There’s a WoG stating that his nanites will can react to counter any potential threat.
The they would react to counter concept manip? Or if he face character with hakai or soul crush they would counter? It's honestly nlf use that sort of statement against things which the verse haven't show to deal.

I mean, by SBA he is willing to kill, but since in character that type of thing is just a last resort he isn't suddenly decide quickly go for the kill, he would try it after a while if he see there is no more option.
So basically if killing is his last resort then he needs to outlast Maka till they come to this, So does Rex have higher stamina to out do her ? Is that what's happening.

So basically if killing is his last resort then he needs to outlast Maka till they come to this, So does Rex have higher stamina to out do her ? Is that what's happening.
With the Nanites he should have enough stamina, he will try any other thing he could think and if in the end he don't see other way it would go for the kill, if he can kill her or isn't defeated before reach that point it's another thing, I just wanted to point that he isn't go for the kill quickly.

The they would react to counter concept manip? Or if he face character with hakai or soul crush they would counter? It's honestly nlf use that sort of statement against things which the verse haven't show to deal.

Duncan Roulea's statement about his Nanites evolving enough to counteract any ability in context was referring to "Most" of the Aliens in Ben 10's Omnitrix (Except for like Alien X because the Meta's are needed for that guy) So that is your base for it. The Statement was explained detail by him as well. Idk about concept manipulation, though. So unless Maka has something more significant than the Omnitrix and every single DNA sample within does not then it still applies.

Idk what Maka's stamina feats are (It's been a while since I reread SE in 2017) but Rex could fight EVO's for half of a day and more during the "Plague" episode iirc.

It seems that Rex resists mind manipulation, and is more impressive in other categories, so I have to vote for him unless new information arises.
Also, I regret forgetting about this tournament. Equalized AP is an interesting concept.

Yeah that’s kinda what I said. But I also mentioned that he’s smart enough to realize that killing is his only option relatively quick.
I mean abilities are always limited by what is plausible for the one who has them. I was just saying what Duncan said. Heck if you limit it to the verse then you’re actually being more lenient than me since Ben 10 which is canon to Gen Rex deals with souls and magic and stuff.
I wouldn’t consider it outlasting, like Rex isn’t patient enough to waste his stamina like that lol. He’d yeet her to Hong Kong or something before he gets even close to burning up his stamina, in the scenario where he really doesn’t want to go for the kill.

As such Rex FRA.

Yeah that’s kinda what I said. But I also mentioned that he’s smart enough to realize that killing is his only option relatively quick.
It's not a thing about be smart but about feeling, his personality, he always try to save/no kill someone despite the danger of try it or not be the best option, he would go for the kill but after try and think several things so isn't gonna be quickly. I'm not even saying that he don't win, just wanted to make clear this.
I mean abilities are always limited by what is plausible for the one who has them. I was just saying what Duncan said. Heck if you limit it to the verse then you’re actually being more lenient than me since Ben 10 which is canon to Gen Rex deals with souls and magic and stuff.
In that case you need to say it like this 'There’s a WoG regarding Ben 10 stating that his nanites will can react to counter any potential threat', even then it sound a bit exaggerated but it's definitely better with that context.
He’d yeet her to Hong Kong or something before he gets even close to burning up his stamina, in the scenario where he really doesn’t want to go for the kill.
That's a possible outcome with his personality.

Would have liked until Nierre gave his input about Maka but since several days already have passed I think it's fine that Rex go to next round.

t's not a thing about be smart but about feeling, his personality, he always try to save/no kill someone despite the danger of try it or not be the best option, he would go for the kill but after try and think several things so isn't gonna be quickly. I'm not even saying that he don't win, just wanted to make clear this.
It kinda is, if Rex is smart enough to determine killing is the only option after only briefly fighting her then that works in his advantage. Also Rex tries to save innocents, but it's not like he has a no-kill rule (especially not against maniacs), he frequently threatens people with his sword.
In that case you need to say it like this 'There’s a WoG regarding Ben 10 stating that his nanites will can react to counter any potential threat', even then it sound a bit exaggerated but it's definitely better with that context.
I just reiterated what Jag said in the previous Rex match tbh. This was in context to countering madness manipulation still.
That's a possible outcome with his personality.
Yeah that or just locking her up in prison designed to contain people who can fight Rex. But I don't want to get into the outside help thing.
Would have liked until Nierre gave his input about Maka
Yeah, me too but not much we can do.
I think it's fine that Rex go to next round.
You kind of need to give a reason for your vote.

It kinda is, if Rex is smart enough to determine killing is the only option after only briefly fighting her then that works in his advantage. Also Rex tries to save innocents, but it's not like he has a no-kill rule (especially not against maniacs), he frequently threatens people with his sword.
He is fighting against a adolescent that he could even think is cute. He would fight but he don't have any real reason to try to kill her before try and think of other methods that don't mean kill a adolescent.
You kind of need to give a reason for your vote.
Because the person who actually know about the character haven't defended her after several days and halt the tournament waiting for his input isn't correct? Especially when most of the people think that Rex win?

Because the person who actually know about the character haven't defended her after several days and halt the tournament waiting for his input isn't correct? Especially when most of the people think that Rex win?
I mean “for reasons above” probably would’ve been good too, but that works

Also substitute Hong Kong for faraway place, considering they're not fighting on regular earth (probably?). Forgot about that for a sec.

I was more thinking with his tentacle-thingy and then bringing her over due to superior LS. But like AP-wise he should be capable of yeeting her that far, especially in-verse.

Back