• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Rex Salazar vs Garou (Semi-Final 1)

He can't with something that's invisible and cuts molecules... You would need proof for that
I already did. His body was able to fight automatically without even being conscious on more than one occasion. Fighting someone invisible wouldn't be any different.

He can't with something that's invisible and cuts molecules... You would need proof for that
Can't he only run two systems? So if he uses the sword and Invis, he'd get taken out by Garou's Durability Negation, Skill, And Instinctive Reaction, since he wouldn't be able to run the shield while doing so, correct?

Can't he only run two systems? So if he uses the sword and Invis, he'd get taken out by Garou's Durability Negation, Skill, And Instinctive Reaction, since he wouldn't be able to run the shield while doing so, correct?
I'm not sure... I don't know Rex's abilities... This is my second time trying to learn

You are acting like skill, dura neg and instinctive reaction will easily handle something that's invisible and cuts molecules which from the video has range and if it does garou literally won't be able to do anything

I'm not sure... I don't know Rex's abilities... This is my second time trying to learn

You are acting like skill, dura neg and instinctive reaction will easily handle something that's invisible and cuts molecules which from the video has range and if it does garou literally won't be able to do anything

Garou has Regen, not sure which class of the top of my head though as well, and he's EXCESSIVELY aggressive, Plus, Invisibility being overcome by sensory is common enough of a weak point, mixed with Instinctive Reactions, Makes up close combat deadly for Rex, though, Garou has a.... DISTURBING lack of ranged abilities, his main edge is his speed normally, which he won't have here, so ranged attacks may do the trick... is spam hitting his opponents from a distance in character for this Rex guy?

There's gotta rules regarding this on the wiki
Where?

I don't know much about this but this is what tanjiro has
Regeneration Nullification with the Crimson Red Nichirin Katana (Crimson Red Nichirin Katanas emits heat and is capable of inflicting wounds that burn on the cellular level, hampering Demon regeneration greatly)

And I think molecules is even smaller than a cellular level

That's different, Hei is frying all of the electrons within the opponent, not just one or a couple.
Do you understand molecules? Would you be able to regen if someone cuts molecules?

It doesn't really matter on this match, just trying to learn 🐵

Well... Now we wait

Do you understand molecules? Would you be able to regen if someone cuts molecules?
Yes actually, that depends on the extent of the Molecular cutting as well. If you can annihilate all the cells, atoms, etc then you can bypass regeneration. Even a Low-Mid level regeneration can still regenerate an arm even if it's been annihilated.
It doesn't really matter on this match, just trying to learn 🐵

Well... Now we wait

Having a cross-section cut off on a molecular level shouldn't prevent regen, because the rest of their cells are still perfectly intact.

Also, if Garou can fight with high skill while sleeping, doesn't that imply he doesn't need to see?

Reading through these comments and it seems the classic misconception of "Flashiness = Effectiveness" is strong here.

Garou's skill is incredibly flashy compared to Rex's. Dude has a laser-precise martial arts style and has by far some of the most insane fighting adaptation and survivability feats I've ever seen from a hand to hand character in any manga.

But that's the thing, though.

Half of that is all Flash.

Rex's Nanites can hyper-adapt to most abilities per WOG and also evidence against Quarry's laser and he was skilled enough to overpower beings capable of gravity, elemental, time, space, matter and etc with just his usual Machine-based constructs alone rather than Garou's better "Looking" feats of surviving hordes upon hordes of heroes with abilities nowhere near that problematic.

Also again, like it was pointed out here, his sword can slice through molecules itself. As for the debate of the molecular sword cutting itself against his Regen, not entirely sure about that one just yet.

Having a cross-section cut off on a molecular level shouldn't prevent regen, because the rest of their cells are still perfectly intact.

Also, if Garou can fight with high skill while sleeping, doesn't that imply he doesn't need to see?
Yes

Reading through these comments and it seems the classic misconception of "Flashiness = Effectiveness" is strong here.

Garou's skill is incredibly flashy compared to Rex's. Dude has a laser-precise martial arts style and has by far some of the most insane fighting adaptation and survivability feats I've ever seen from a hand to hand character in any manga.

But that's the thing, though.

Half of that is all Flash.

Rex's Nanites can hyper-adapt to most abilities per WOG and also evidence against Quarry's laser and he was skilled enough to overpower beings capable of gravity, elemental, time, space, matter and etc with just his usual Machine-based constructs alone rather than Garou's better "Looking" feats of surviving hordes upon hordes of heroes with abilities nowhere near that problematic.

Also again, like it was pointed out here, his sword can slice through molecules itself. As for the debate of the molecular sword cutting itself against his Regen, not entirely sure about that one just yet.
Garou can dodge easily. The pummel Rex with attacks that turn him into dust.

Ahh I see nevermind tho it seemed to me like his innerdemon or something was fighting for him but 🤷‍♂️

Still that's enhanced senses plus instinctive reaction If he actually was asleep in an unconscious body which again won't help against equal stats who is invisible and can one shot you possibly via range

Not knowing the location of something is a big disadvantage... All you will know is the direction the person is coming from and if that sword has range which from that video it had... Garou won't be able to sense that slash, max only it being swung

-Invisibility
-Dura Neg
-Flight advantage
-Range advantage.

What's stopping Rex from going invisible, flying upwards into the air and beginning to spam-rain him down with a bunch of his options?

-Invisibility
-Dura Neg
-Flight advantage
-Range advantage.

What's stopping Rex from going invisible, flying upwards into the air and beginning to spam-rain him down with a bunch of his options?
🤔 that's true... Tho I think they would need to kill him fast with the thing he is spamming as garou gets faster and stronger fast

🤔 that's true... Tho I think they would need to kill him fast with the thing he is spamming as garou gets faster and stronger fast

Kinda works both ways. Rex's Nanites could even /create/ Spatial Awareness precog against an EVO who has her own pocket dimension. Garou's reactive evolution would have to literally and constantly pick up the slack against an infinite amount of pre-programmed Nano-Machines doing the work for Rex while he just spams and keeps his eyes peeled just to be safe.

Back