• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Rex Salazar vs Garou (Semi-Final 1)

Bingo. 0:42

Now onto my secret weapon.

Rex scales above Professor Paradox in skill, who has an indefinite/infinite amount of experience fighting.

Anything Garou has, Rex scales above a dude who already dealt with it.
(Rex is superior to Eon in skill, who constantly fights Professor Paradox and even cut his hand off on one occasion, right after Paradox said he would take a more active role in temporal affairs due to a time war happening at that well “time”, since main timeline Ben can fight Eon on equal footing)

Whoa there, Are you confident in this one?

caleb-city-what.gif

whoa-confusion.gif

Oh....Well shit.

The fact that a kid whose only been alive for 16 year scales above him immediately makes that statement worth nothing.

Can you please stop using statements like this. They mean nothing when theres little kids making these guys look like fodder.
That's a bad argument, you might as well disregard all the skill feats that are done by various young characters.

Anyways, that infinite experience/skill is ******* iffy as hell, you need great amount of evidence to suggest that this dude is somehow the most skilled person in the entire god-damn wiki. This shit is so iffy that my keyboard literally stopped working 4 times while I'm typing this.

What are Professor Paradox's best feats? Are there any scans implying he was training in that "Infinite time"?

Oh so now age plays a definitive factor in how skilled someone can be. Guess we judge all skill matches by age now.
That's not what I'm saying.

Statements like that need to be supported by evidence to mean something. So when a kid whose 16 years old scales above the guy with infinite fighting experience, it completely disvalues the statement.

The fact that a kid whose only been alive for 16 year scales above him immediately makes that statement worth nothing.

Can you please stop using statements like this. They mean nothing when theres little kids making these guys look like fodder.

Mmmm....Where do I even begin with this?

That's a bad argument, you might as well disregard all the skill feats that are done by various young characters.

Anyways, that infinite experience/skill is ******* iffy as hell, you need great amount of evidence to suggest that this dude is somehow the most skilled person in the entire god-damn wiki. This shit is so iffy that my keyboard literally stopped working 4 times while I'm typing this.

What are Professor Paradox's best feats? Are there any scans implying he was training in that "Infinite time"?

Yeah I wouldn't mind some elaboration myself.

I stated what I meant wrong.

Basically what I mean is that if this Professor (who has infinite experience in combat) doesn't have any evidence to support the fact that he is extremely skilled in combat other than the statement, the statement doesn't really mean anything.

All that I know now is that somehow a 16-year old scales above him in combat skill, which seems extremely sus. And if that's true, and the guy in question doesn't have any thing to support that he truly is skilled, then the statement really doesn't mean jack.

You know... There is a big big difference between Skills, Intelligence and Experience

I ALWAYS see people getting confused about this and I don't understand why.... All you need to think is you fighting against.... Nevermind, you just need to think 🐵

Bingo. 0:42

Now onto my secret weapon.

Rex scales above Professor Paradox in skill, who has an indefinite/infinite amount of experience fighting.

Anything Garou has, Rex scales above a dude who already dealt with it.
(Rex is superior to Eon in skill, who constantly fights Professor Paradox and even cut his hand off on one occasion, right after Paradox said he would take a more active role in temporal affairs due to a time war happening at that well “time”, since main timeline Ben can fight Eon on equal footing)
If this was supposed to be your trump card in this argument, I'm disappointed.

Greenshifter:

Trump card gets dismissed within moments

Also Greenshifter: Non trump card arguments carrying the entire argument for Rex to being possible

He gets way more skilled and starts wrecking people who’s job it is to predict people essentially (ex-leader of Providence) while said person has control of one of the universe’s fundamentals.

Yeah idk what is up with that.

That sounds inferior to the best bounty hunters in the universe in Ben 10, who KID Ben is able to match in skill.

That’s his suit, not him.

I wouldn’t say he spams it but it’s an option yeah.

Yeah I don’t like it being standard equipment but whatever.

Rex regularly outskills and outsmarts supergeniuses. So that sounds fodder.

Rex is more than intelligent enough to immediately use the right weapons and abilities to win. Especially if he realizes the fight is serious, something Garou himself will make clear to him immediately.

Actually it’s implied that the one time Rex stopped dodging, his nanites kicked in to counter.

It can counter the ******* Omnitrix, literally nothing Garou has compares to that thing.

Actually Rath and Kickin’ Hawk are aliens that specialize in martial arts, per WoG Rex can counter their ability (martial arts) as well.

Should be 5 times stronger than base tbh, fought the fused consortium. But if we go with “base can’t really do much to it” then that’s fine as well. Btw base Rex’s shield scales to this as well.

Yes the way the scan was worded he doesn’t in fact RE due to his limiter being broken, we’ve known that for years now. I said it worked better against stronger and faster opponents, not that it doesn’t work at all against equal opponents.

What’s this? Like wrong subtitles with clip wth?

This shouldn’t even be in grace since I was busy and still held back something. Imma ask for vote reset if people can’t counter that btw.

That seems like a timeframe he can’t afford in this fight.

They tend to not show impressive skill against people equal to himself in skill (or his held back skill) and Rex holds back a lot anyways. Like for instance he was portrayed as equal if not inferior to to Black Knight and when he actually got serious he demolished her amped self. At worst the clip is inconsistent with everyone else’s skill feats that Rex scales above + his own.

I first want Garou’s skill feats before I say who wins. I’m not one to vote too soon.

Only to prove they are equal in speed, now Vilgax took on hordes of those and some even go intangible so they’re not all dumb. Also they managed to use possession on Kevin, who scales to the best bounty hunters in the universe at this point.

Rex is precise enough to make a statue of himself with his buzzsaw sword (yes he has that, told you you guys voted too early) in seconds but it’s off-screen. It’s not flashy but still more impressive than any precision feat Garou has ever done AFAIK.

Or Rex just slices his head off with a dura begging buzzsaw. Seems simpler.

Finally went through the entire thread… phew. Didn’t see any particular skill feats for Garou lol, only RE. And then they doubt me being the fastest man alive.

Not gonna lie. Imo this post was your trump card. ESPECIALLY the Omnitrix point you made. As that still hasn't been answered both towards me of you as well.

The infinite experience thing is kinda weird imo. Not necessarily because of the Ben 10 scaling since that's been long accepted. But because of presentation and consistency stuff. Not ruling it out, it just feels super iffy.

I’ll just support Paradox’ with all of his other statements. Dude saves the planet, if not the universe on a regular. Again the statement against Eon is specifically about fighting so the only thing you should get from the clip that DD posted after that is that he’s not joking when he said he can fight for an indefinite amount of time and has done so many times before.

Nobody is going to be able to answer how Garou's Martial Arts takes priority over little pieces of universe concepts being weaponized or the Omnitrix because it doesn't exist.

But the Paradox thing I have no solid clue about. At best you may get a "Comparable"

I don't feel like going through the entire manga go find Garou skill feats ATM.

Off the top of my head:

• He defeated 10 heroes at once while poisoned and tired.
  • He fought Orochi, who is something something the best martial artist.
  • He copied many different combat styles perfectly after just a glance. Including those of master martial artist such as bang.
  • He was superior to Darkshine in skill while sleeping. Darkshine is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant.

There's a lot more but typing on phone is painful.

- Be also fought Bang while pretty much unconscious.

There used to be a good summary on all Garou's main skill feats with context on a (top most skilled characters from the wikia tier list) or something. Wich doesn't include newer stuff from the manga like the new dura neg, but includes some webcomic skill feats we are yet to get (namely from his fight vs Saitama).

Beat Bang (Hailed as one of the most skilled fighters in the verse)
Beat Bomb (Same has Bang)
Beat Flashy Flash (Was trained as a child to be an elite martial artist ninja)
Fought Orochi (The "perfect being" who is also one of the most skilled fighets)
Copied tens of styles with just a glance
Was able to pull off a style that Bang and Bomb were barely able to do together
Won the superfight tournament, which is a tournament where the greatest martial artists from all over the world come together and fight
According to Tanktop Master, fighting Garou felt like 10+ Martial artists fighting him at once, and this was before Garou became a monster and he only used one style at that time
Beat Darkshine
Beat Death Gattling Squad

And much more.

I don't feel like going through the entire manga go find Garou skill feats ATM.

Off the top of my head:

• He defeated 10 heroes at once while poisoned and tired.
  • He fought Orochi, who is something something the best martial artist.
  • He copied many different combat styles perfectly after just a glance. Including those of master martial artist such as bang.
  • He was superior to Darkshine in skill while sleeping. Darkshine is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant.

There's a lot more but typing on phone is painful.

- Be also fought Bang while pretty much unconscious.
Beat Bang (Hailed as one of the most skilled fighters in the verse)
Beat Bomb (Same has Bang)
Beat Flashy Flash (Was trained as a child to be an elite martial artist ninja)
Fought Orochi (The "perfect being" who is also one of the most skilled fighets)
Copied tens of styles with just a glance
Was able to pull off a style that Bang and Bomb were barely able to do together
Won the superfight tournament, which is a tournament where the greatest martial artists from all over the world come together and fight
According to Tanktop Master, fighting Garou felt like 10+ Martial artists fighting him at once, and this was before Garou became a monster and he only used one style at that time
Beat Darkshine
Beat Death Gattling Squad

And much more.
Barley any skill feats... You do know garou can have better skill feats on fodder average humans

You are not bring abilities and stuff into it as well and are extremely hyping him up with baseless statements, if you are going to say he beat someone who is one of the best martial artist or something, you would need to bring that character's skill feats... You would also need to say how and why he defeated them

I'll explain why it can be flawed

Saitama can beat bang, bomb and flashy flash which all three have years of mastery and experience

Saitama can copy techniques and make them even better against a ninja with years of training and mastery.

Do you see how they barley give anything?

I hope I explain it well enough to maybe understand a little 😅

Barley any skill feats... You do know garou can have better skill feats on fodder average humans

You are not bring abilities and stuff into it as well and are extremely hyping him up with baseless statements, if you are going to say he beat someone who is one of the best martial artist or something, you would need to bring that character's skill feats... You would also need to say how and why he defeated them

I'll explain why it can be flawed

Saitama can beat bang, bomb and flashy flash which all three have years of mastery and experience

Saitama can copy techniques and make them even better against a ninja with years of training and mastery.

Do you see how they barley give anything?

I hope I explain it well enough to maybe understand a little 😅

Yeah I get what you're saying I was just trying to summarize it, because tbh it takes a while to find it and write it all out. I'll just wait for someone else to do it.

Alright. Instead of typing out and explaining, I will just this link, as I don't enough time to look through Garou's things. Theses feats only go up to the key prior to the one used in this fight.

Skill discussions tend to get really controversial due to how hard to properly quantify skill is, specially when different verses treat what is possible with skill alone differently (like say, Kenshiro from Hokuto no ken vs Batman).

Then there's inside verse scaling where someone who is considered a grandmaster in a verse could lose against a disciple from another one,despite scaling much higher ( best example i can think of is History's greatest disciple Kenichi, where disciples are already capable of blatantly superhuman skill feats wich would easily dwarf a world champion martial artist irl.

This gets even worse when you try comparing characters with incompatible and vastly different fighting styles (like comparing the skill of a martial artist with a swordsman or a gunslinger or an effective brawler, or a stand user) because now you don't even have the same type of metric for their technical skill.

So,yeah, when it comes to skill debates imo the easiest way to find out wich character is the best is by removing everything they have that's not related to their skill ( like regen, RE, Supernatural powers ) and try to see who would win the fight.
(and even then it's very weird when talking about series with wildly unrealistic and unquantifiable martial arts that grant superpowers or make no sense in terms of physics or praticality, like OPM with WICF that send sharp shockwaves capable of slicing comparable foes in cubes through high speed hand movements [would require superhuman wrists and fingers] EHRF that uses body control to make one's heart release shockwaves that amplify damage as they punch and kick [would require a vastly superhuman heart + body control beyond what's possible for a human] or Hokuto no Ken wich can explode anything with pressure points [ including machinery wich obviously does not have it] or obtaining non-existential phisiology through body control and a certain mental state [ goes so beyond logic i can't even explain what would be needed to emulate that])

Skill discussions tend to get really controversial due to how hard to properly quantify skill is, specially when different verses treat what is possible with skill alone differently (like say, Kenshiro from Hokuto no ken vs Batman).

Then there's inside verse scaling where someone who is considered a grandmaster in a verse could lose against a disciple from another one,despite scaling much higher ( best example i can think of is History's greatest disciple Kenichi, where disciples are already capable of blatantly superhuman skill feats wich would easily dwarf a world champion martial artist irl.

This gets even worse when you try comparing characters with incompatible and vastly different fighting styles (like comparing the skill of a martial artist with a swordsman or a gunslinger or an effective brawler, or a stand user) because now you don't even have the same type of metric for their technical skill.

So,yeah, when it comes to skill debates imo the easiest way to find out wich character is the best is by removing everything they have that's not related to their skill ( like regen, RE, Supernatural powers ) and try to see who would win the fight.
(and even then it's very weird when talking about series with wildly unrealistic and unquantifiable martial arts that grant superpowers or make no sense in terms of physics or praticality, like OPM with WICF that send sharp shockwaves capable of slicing comparable foes in cubes through high speed hand movements [would require superhuman wrists and fingers] EHRF that uses body control to make one's heart release shockwaves that amplify damage as they punch and kick [would require a vastly superhuman heart + body control beyond what's possible for a human] or Hokuto no Ken wich can explode anything with pressure points [ including machinery wich obviously does not have it] or obtaining non-existential phisiology through body control and a certain mental state [ goes so beyond logic i can't even explain what would be needed to emulate that])
I don't understand how you can type that much but 85% yes 👍

This is how I show skill feats

Lordginsama also is good at explaining and showing skill feats

Eminiteable is also good at showing skill feats tho he doesn't really go all out, he just let's the war continue while going in and out correcting stuff

Otherwise I haven't seen people beside maybe 1 or 2 more, show skill feats good

Team Alien Force vs Ghostfreak species

Sorry but if this is supposed to make Vilgax or team Ben 10 look impressive then it didn't work because the ghost literally die with one touch from any character (there is one attack from Gwen and Kevin that pass through them but literally all the rest kill them, even when Gwen did a shield to defend), the ghost also don't really use the number advantage (like, there is three or four ghost attacking at the same time at most in all the video, the rest of the ghost just see without doing anything), don't attack super fast or make a great amout of attacks, they don't even seem to use their intagibility in a smarth way like some of the ghost at the distance slipping to the ground and hold their legs by surprise so they can move temporally or as a mean to possess them since they are supposed to just need one touch.

From this the only thing I can get it's that they at least have some level of acrobatics and that that cane it's really durable since it can block a energy blade that I suppose melt things. Not a great amount of attacks, not a great use of the rest of the body (like kicking the legs of the other side or use kicks in general), not complex technique, not a insene analysis/prediction of the moves of the other part, not a immense use of the elements in the surroundings to take advatange, not feints, not a great use of powers from Eon side (since he could use them to teleport himself or attacks randomly to make harder to defend against him, don't use them hinder Paradox by making for example a portal were he is going to step so he could destabilize him, etc), and more things I could say. Sorry, but I genuinely can't believe from that video that the characters involucrated are supposed to have a infinite level of skill.

I'm not in agreement with several things said about Garou, but even despite all of that I still believe Garou would win, so Garou FRA, not that matter since grace already was reached.

Sorry but if this is supposed to make Vilgax or team Ben 10 look impressive then it didn't work because the ghost literally die with one touch from any character (there is one attack from Gwen and Kevin that pass through them but literally all the rest kill them, even when Gwen did a shield to defend), the ghost also don't really use the number advantage (like, there is three or four ghost attacking at the same time at most in all the video, the rest of the ghost just see without doing anything), don't attack super fast or make a great amout of attacks, they don't even seem to use their intagibility in a smarth way like some of the ghost at the distance slipping to the ground and hold their legs by surprise so they can move temporally or as a mean to possess them since they are supposed to just need one touch.

From this the only thing I can get it's that they at least have some level of acrobatics and that that cane it's really durable since it can block a energy blade that I suppose melt things. Not a great amount of attacks, not a great use of the rest of the body (like kicking the legs of the other side or use kicks in general), not complex technique, not a insene analysis/prediction of the moves of the other part, not a immense use of the elements in the surroundings to take advatange, not feints, not a great use of powers from Eon side (since he could use them to teleport himself or attacks randomly to make harder to defend against him, don't use them hinder Paradox by making for example a portal were he is going to step so he could destabilize him, etc), and more things I could say. Sorry, but I genuinely can't believe from that video that the characters involucrated are supposed to have a infinite level of skill.

I'm not in agreement with several things said about Garou, but even despite all of that I still believe Garou would win, so Garou FRA, not that matter since grace already was reached.
thankyou, this is exactly my thoughts.

I believe that proves a solid skill debunk here, unless the Ben10 verse fans have anything more to say about this Infinite skill bullshit

As for the Strength amp, I think from what I've seen of Rex's personality, he's the exact kind of person who would piss Garou off in my opinion, not enough for a huge buff, but Garou would already be irritated, and with a slight, so after Rex begins to counter Garou's attacks, Garou would further be frustrated, this'd continue, and Rex would be trying to get Garou with the sword, which Garou is likely to avoid, there's no way, having his level of skill, that he's letting a giant ass sword anywhere near him, not without some form of plan on Rex's part. Garou doesn't usually begin using his Dusting attacks at first, so that wouldn't get adapted to until Garou gets pissed enough to throw literally everything he has at Rex, some of Garou's techniques would likely be adapted to, the fight'd continue, with Garou on the back foot, and there's enough reason to think that Garou would take some hits, which would likely be regenerated from rather quickly, as well as Vice Versa to Rex (Since I don't think Garou would try to dust Rex right off the bat, not until he's sufficiently angered), Garou at some point, would have his evolution kick in, with neither being able to really get the edge on each other due to their equal stats, and both of them having high levels of skill (I'm purposefully not using it as a decisive factor, since it's something I don't agree with, and I know the other side won't fold on), And he'd have a massive speed amp, at which he'd likely land quite a few impacts on Rex, which also, wouldn't kill Rex, eventually, Rex might create something to counter Garou's speed, since he has pretty haxy adaption, and would have to have taken numerous impacts, However, Garou still has his Vibrations, which you can bet, with not being able to Kill Rex sufficiently quick enough for his tastes, and due to his evolution slowly monsterizing him, he'd finally be pissed enough to start dusting things, the first to go, being Rex's adapted equipment, which would drop his speed adaption, from their, Garou blitzes and Dura Negates

You know who Im voting for with this little narrative

Anyways, that infinite experience/skill is ******* iffy as hell, you need great amount of evidence to suggest that this dude is somehow the most skilled person in the entire god-damn wiki
Never suggested that, Paradox would be at the limit of what a human can accomplish skill-wise by fighting different people for a prolonged amount of time without doing any sort of specific training. Which should be above Vilgax' feat and Garou's skill feats, correct me if I'm wrong. There are certainly people on the wiki that would scale above this.
Statements like that need to be supported by evidence to mean something. So when a kid whose 16 years old scales above the guy with infinite fighting experience, it completely disvalues the statement.
Paradox in his debut episode while he was only at a finite age saved the earth dozens of times and he and Ben even worked together to save the entire universe on one occassion (could be the Highbreed invasion). He also said that keeping an extradimensional creature occupied is below his paygrade.
This infinite experience shit is the biggest ******* wank I've seen in a long time, And I deal with ******* Goku fanboys on a daily
Wank would be if I couldn't support my case and said things that are purposefully misleading.
If this was supposed to be your trump card in this argument, I'm disappointed.
Actually it was intended for DD originally, considering he likes to use experience stuff to scale the Reboot high in skill.
Greenshifter:

Trump card gets dismissed within moments

Also Greenshifter: Non trump card arguments carrying the entire argument for Rex to being possible
If I had a nickle for every time that happened I'd have 2 nickles, which isn't much, but it's weird that it happened twice.
Alright. Instead of typing out and explaining, I will just this link, as I don't enough time to look through Garou's things. Theses feats only go up to the key prior to the one used in this fight.
A respect thread? Seriously? Couldn't at least copy-paste the relevant stuff?
Nah it's for the ghosts' speed and someone asked the scan a bit back. The impressive stuff is off-screen where Vilgax takes on hordes of those at once as shown in a flashback.
I mean they scale above people who do show a lot of skill and under people who show really good skill feats. So the way the fights are portrayed for non-ninja/bounty hunter type characters don't really reflect how skilled they really are since they can beat those ninja/bounty hunter type characters in straight H2H combat. So if you wanna claim inconsistency on this thing, you'd have to essentially scale the characters like Master Kundo who are introduced to fit the narrative of OP martial artist under his own skill feats. Meanwhile I just interpret it as the characters not showing off their skill against equal opponents unless their shtick is showing off their skill. Also I never claimed Paradox had infinite skill btw, only infinite experience, big difference.
being Rex's adapted equipment, which would drop his speed adaption
The rest of what you wrote is pretty good but I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Back