• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Rex Salazar vs Garou (Semi-Final 1)

but like even Ben can deal with things that analyzed his fighting style by simply switching up his own fighting style. Also Rex dealt with the Consortium member that can reverse time multiple times

Stuff like this won't help against Garou since he can continually analyze and predict multiple fighting styles at once. And it's not like just changing his style will deal with it lol, it only takes him a few moments to analyze the new one as well.

just wait for grace to end
I am at least trying to see why they even think Rex wins.
Amateur fighter? Biowulf was Agent Six's equal and rival. Agent Six being the guy who a lot of Rex's fighting capability upscaling comes from.

Just like the "Garou turns the omega armor to dust!" attempt....This one too... :unsure:

Almost like a person who really only knows one of the two series in question would be more on the back burner for stuff like this. That's kind of the point here when making claims like that.
I'm looking at how he fought in the clip, and he seems terrible compared to the people Garou has fought lol. I'm not going off statements because what they actually show means more.

I'm looking at how he fought in the clip, and he seems terrible compared to the people Garou has fought lol. I'm not going off statements because what they actually show means more.

There was more clips posted earlier unless you didn't see them?

Also this again goes with my first comment when entering this thread I believe.

Reading through these comments and it seems the classic misconception of "Flashiness = Effectiveness" is strong here.

Garou's skill is incredibly flashy compared to Rex's. Dude has a laser-precise martial arts style and has by far some of the most insane fighting adaptation and survivability feats I've ever seen from a hand to hand character in any manga.

But that's the thing, though.

Half of that is all Flash.

Rex's Nanites can hyper-adapt to most abilities per WOG and also evidence against Quarry's laser and he was skilled enough to overpower beings capable of gravity, elemental, time, space, matter and etc with just his usual Machine-based constructs alone rather than Garou's better "Looking" feats of surviving hordes upon hordes of heroes with abilities nowhere near that problematic.

Also again, like it was pointed out here, his sword can slice through molecules itself. As for the debate of the molecular sword cutting itself against his Regen, not entirely sure about that one just yet.

I'm confused how this scan means anything those ghost look weak and dumb ASF 🤣

See?

So you are admitting that Garou is far more skilled.

It's flashy because he's far beyond the realm of human skill, it's supernatural, so of course it seems flashy. That isn't an argument.

It's flashy because he's far beyond the realm of human skill, it's supernatural, so of course it seems flashy. That isn't an argument.

You have to be trolling. Far beyond the realm of human skill? So wtf does that make the Consortium and major EVO's?

It's the art.

Partially but not the only reason. Garou is actually a hand to hand monster and has laser precision like I mentioned before.

Granted that's still not an excuse to imply flash = effectiveness.

By that logic the flashier a feat, the higher the yield.

All of my ads on this site seem to be lingerie or random "Join Trump's social media" (As if I want to end up on the terrorist watchlist)

How does it change later on?
He gets way more skilled and starts wrecking people who’s job it is to predict people essentially (ex-leader of Providence) while said person has control of one of the universe’s fundamentals.
The sword didn't even touch or reach the tree and it still cut through him
Yeah idk what is up with that.
He was trained in martial arts and ninja abilities as a kid under elites.
That sounds inferior to the best bounty hunters in the universe in Ben 10, who KID Ben is able to match in skill.
and Invis
That’s his suit, not him.
is spam hitting his opponents from a distance in character for this Rex guy?
I wouldn’t say he spams it but it’s an option yeah.
Invisibility comes from his suit that would classify as Optional Equipment so yeah that's most likely not allowed unless Green proves it's actually is need further info on this.
Yeah I don’t like it being standard equipment but whatever.
Also for Garou: Intelligence: Genius Fighter.
Rex regularly outskills and outsmarts supergeniuses. So that sounds fodder.
Btw it doesn't seem that Rex uses invisibility with his sword. That seems out of character for him. Also you guys are betting on Rex to use two specific things from his very expansive arsenal. That being his invisibility and his sword, which he doesn't even seem to start with in most cases
Rex is more than intelligent enough to immediately use the right weapons and abilities to win. Especially if he realizes the fight is serious, something Garou himself will make clear to him immediately.
I mean, yeah. It doesn't happen instantly. His Nanites have to see a problem arising first.
Actually it’s implied that the one time Rex stopped dodging, his nanites kicked in to counter.
Jag, Your literally arguing something old at this point, your "Rex perfectly adapts to counter anything" argument is such bullshit too
It can counter the ******* Omnitrix, literally nothing Garou has compares to that thing.
You said it yourself. It was designed to overcome powers and hax, not martial arts
Actually Rath and Kickin’ Hawk are aliens that specialize in martial arts, per WoG Rex can counter their ability (martial arts) as well.
How powerful is Rex's transformations since this is a thing now?
Should be 5 times stronger than base tbh, fought the fused consortium. But if we go with “base can’t really do much to it” then that’s fine as well. Btw base Rex’s shield scales to this as well.
Incorrect. He was stated to be accelerating endlessly against Platinum Sperm, who he was previously equal with.
Yes the way the scan was worded he doesn’t in fact RE due to his limiter being broken, we’ve known that for years now. I said it worked better against stronger and faster opponents, not that it doesn’t work at all against equal opponents.
Your Scan

What’s this? Like wrong subtitles with clip wth?
just wait for grace to end
This shouldn’t even be in grace since I was busy and still held back something. Imma ask for vote reset if people can’t counter that btw.
it only takes him a few moments to analyze the new one as well.
That seems like a timeframe he can’t afford in this fight.
I'm looking at how he fought in the clip, and he seems terrible compared to the people Garou has fought lol. I'm not going off statements because what they actually show means more
They tend to not show impressive skill against people equal to himself in skill (or his held back skill) and Rex holds back a lot anyways. Like for instance he was portrayed as equal if not inferior to to Black Knight and when he actually got serious he demolished her amped self. At worst the clip is inconsistent with everyone else’s skill feats that Rex scales above + his own.
I first want Garou’s skill feats before I say who wins. I’m not one to vote too soon.
I'm confused how this scan means anything those ghost look weak and dumb ASF 🤣
Only to prove they are equal in speed, now Vilgax took on hordes of those and some even go intangible so they’re not all dumb. Also they managed to use possession on Kevin, who scales to the best bounty hunters in the universe at this point.

Rex is precise enough to make a statue of himself with his buzzsaw sword (yes he has that, told you you guys voted too early) in seconds but it’s off-screen. It’s not flashy but still more impressive than any precision feat Garou has ever done AFAIK.
Garou dura negs his machinery, then after Rex continues making machinery in time to block, Garou evolves and becomes faster than Rex's cast time, then Garou hits him with a dura neg combo, thus finishing the fight.
Or Rex just slices his head off with a dura begging buzzsaw. Seems simpler.

Finally went through the entire thread… phew. Didn’t see any particular skill feats for Garou lol, only RE. And then they doubt me being the fastest man alive.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
It was supposed to be a joke... But it's also true.
Partially but not the only reason. Garou is actually a hand to hand monster and has laser precision like I mentioned before.

Granted that's still not an excuse to imply flash = effectiveness.

By that logic the flashier a feat, the higher the yield.
I already know how skilled garou is... If you were talking to me

He gets way more skilled and starts wrecking people who’s job it is to predict people essentially (ex-leader of Providence) while said person has control of one of the universe’s fundamentals.

Yeah idk what is up with that.

That sounds inferior to the best bounty hunters in the universe in Ben 10, who KID Ben is able to match in skill.

That’s his suit, not him.

I wouldn’t say he spams it but it’s an option yeah.

Yeah I don’t like it being standard equipment but whatever.

Rex regularly outskills and outsmarts supergeniuses. So that sounds fodder.

Rex is more than intelligent enough to immediately use the right weapons and abilities to win. Especially if he realizes the fight is serious, something Garou himself will make clear to him immediately.

Actually it’s implied that the one time Rex stopped dodging, his nanites kicked in to counter.

It can counter the ******* Omnitrix, literally nothing Garou has compares to that thing.

Actually Rath and Kickin’ Hawk are aliens that specialize in martial arts, per WoG Rex can counter their ability (martial arts) as well.

Should be 5 times stronger than base tbh, fought the fused consortium. But if we go with “base can’t really do much to it” then that’s fine as well. Btw base Rex’s shield scales to this as well.

Yes the way the scan was worded he doesn’t in fact RE due to his limiter being broken, we’ve known that for years now. I said it worked better against stronger and faster opponents, not that it doesn’t work at all against equal opponents.

What’s this? Like wrong subtitles with clip wth?

This shouldn’t even be in grace since I was busy and still held back something. Imma ask for vote reset if people can’t counter that btw.

That seems like a timeframe he can’t afford in this fight.

They tend to not show impressive skill against people equal to himself in skill (or his held back skill) and Rex holds back a lot anyways. Like for instance he was portrayed as equal if not inferior to to Black Knight and when he actually got serious he demolished her amped self. At worst the clip is inconsistent with everyone else’s skill feats that Rex scales above + his own.

I first want Garou’s skill feats before I say who wins. I’m not one to vote too soon.

Only to prove they are equal in speed, now Vilgax took on hordes of those and some even go intangible so they’re not all dumb. Also they managed to use possession on Kevin, who scales to the best bounty hunters in the universe at this point.

Rex is precise enough to make a statue of himself with his buzzsaw sword (yes he has that, told you you guys voted too early) in seconds but it’s off-screen. It’s not flashy but still more impressive than any precision feat Garou has ever done AFAIK.

Or Rex just slices his head off with a dura begging buzzsaw. Seems simpler.

Finally went through the entire thread… phew. Didn’t see any particular skill feats for Garou lol, only RE. And then they doubt me being the fastest man alive.

He slashed the sword and it sliced through Van Kleiss at mid range.

True.

True.

His Nanites can react to and do things without his consent so yeah.

Literally my point. They ducked it the entire time and tried to make up some weird narrative that hand to hand martial arts combat is somehow more difficult for his Nanites to neg than hax and abilities from reality-grazing nano machines and the god damn Omnitrix? I'm still lost and STILL waiting on my answer.

True. They do specialize in martial arts.

I didn't vote either because I wanted every point to come across first.

You don't consider them skill feats? :unsure:

Bingo. 0:42

Now onto my secret weapon.

Rex scales above Professor Paradox in skill, who has an indefinite/infinite amount of experience fighting.

Anything Garou has, Rex scales above a dude who already dealt with it.
(Rex is superior to Eon in skill, who constantly fights Professor Paradox and even cut his hand off on one occasion, right after Paradox said he would take a more active role in temporal affairs due to a time war happening at that well “time”, since main timeline Ben can fight Eon on equal footing)

So basically, your saying that he can react to someone hundreds of times faster? that can literally continuously break and shatter his equipment, amp each attack he has dramatically with the burning heart release, and create shockwaves to keep him off balance as he speed blitzes?

Rex scales above Professor Paradox in skill, who has an indefinite/infinite amount of experience fighting.

The fact that a kid whose only been alive for 16 year scales above him immediately makes that statement worth nothing.

Can you please stop using statements like this. They mean nothing when theres little kids making these guys look like fodder.

So basically, your saying that he can react to someone hundreds of times faster? that can literally continuously break and shatter his equipment, amp each attack he has dramatically with the burning heart release, and create shockwaves to keep him off balance as he speed blitzes?
Nah he can just kill him before it gets to that point. That was Bang’s plan as well wasn’t it?

The fact that a kid whose only been alive for 16 year scales above him immediately makes that statement worth nothing.

Can you please stop using statements like this. They mean nothing when theres little kids making these guys look like fodder.
Oh so now age plays a definitive factor in how skilled someone can be. Guess we judge all skill matches by age now.

Back