• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode Discussion Thread 64: I broke Red's Streak (huehue) and it's time for the bittersweet ending of Super.

@Korudo Daio there's nothing that suggests that base frieza and base goku are somehow stronger than SSb Vegito

This episode was the missing puzzle piece for dbs to give us the feels that dbz gave us back then,

Endlich,das ist das alte Pfeffer!

Sferat e dragoit përgjithmon!

Korudo Daio said:
And each time he's gotten up, he's gotten noticeably stronger, is my point. Every single instance he ever used UIO, he got back up and then went on to perform stronger feats. Why would this be ANY different?

I'll concede the point about the upgrade, since it's still up in the air regardless, but to claim that Goku ended Super being weaker than Vegeta's SSBE is fallacious, and directly ignoring previous instances wherein he got noticeable power boosts after losing his stamina/losing UI.

I don't care about previous instances. Unless there's explicit evidence that he was stronger then he wasn't as far as I'm concerned.

No, it most certainly isn't. He was stronger after beating Toppo and nothing suggests Goku's gotten any stronger outside of UI since then. You wanna assume Goku got a zenkai then go right ahead, but I'm not because there's no actual evidence of it. So yes, to me Vegeta is stronger than Goku sans UI.

Dragon Ball Super Episode Discussion Thread 64: I broke Red's Streak (huehue) and it's time for the bittersweet ending of Super.

Wow... I watched the episode and honestly... I enjoyed it.

Frieza and Goku working together... I was like ƒÿ▓. Zeno wanting someone to save the universes (Which let's use know why he did the tournament).

Lastly... My boy Frieza is alive!!!! at the end.

While the ending is somewhat of a fairy tale ending I actually liked it.

Since I think possibly low 2-c has been accepted-

1. Android 17 (Come at me)

2. Jiren

3. Kefla (Come at me)

4. Vegeta

5. Toppo

Low 2-C wasn't accepted. Freeza and 17 are being bumped up to "At Least 3-A".

So the list would be more accurately

1. Goku (UI)

2. Jiren

3. Vegeta

4. Goku (Without UI) 5. Toppo 6. Kefla 7. 17 8. Freeza 9. whoever else i'm too lazy to rank. Hit at number 9 for being possibly At Least 3-A as well?

LordWhis said:
Since I think possibly low 2-c has been accepted-
1. Android 17 (Come at me)

2. Jiren
Android 17 fought a vastly weakened Jiren and Jiren only lost because they team up on him

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this closing chapter has the most alive, and close in power rivals for Goku. Jiren, Hit, Toppo, Vegeta, Frieza, Beerus and maybe Kefla.

So it was never stated in the series that UI Goku > Beerus?

Wait till you find out UI Goku is 70% of Beerus' max lol

MUI Goku is stronger than Beerus. He's stated in the official promos to be. He defeated Jiren who was stated to be the mightiest foe in DB history in the official promos. And Jiren was stated to be equal to if not above the GoDs by Whis before he unlocked his hidden power. The same hidden power who MUI Goku overpowered hard.

Well, there is no confirmation about UI Goku statement in the anime.

The statement about Jiren being as strong as a GoD if not above it is left open for interpretation. Because the level of GoDs is not equal for all 12 of them. There is still a slight chance that Beerus might still be stronger and they might retcon it later lol

I'm sorry but this is pure headcanon.

There are two WoG statements that MUI Goku and Jiren who he scales are superior to Beerus. Whis directly says that Jiren is equal or greater to the level of the gods (this means GoDs in general not some arbitrary GoD that isn't Beerus).

Until something gets retconned MUI Goku > Beerus.

The manga is still going, and that will mostlikely have clear statements on how he conpares. One thing is for sure, the hakaishins while they might not have equal power, they are very close to each other, and jirens FP, who is above his god, was shit to MUI, and jiren needed to break his limits to conpete with MUI goku. To think that beerus is above MUI goku and LB jiren, is the same as thinking beerus can one shot a hakaishin, which is not the case. I know you guys dont like using the manga, but the manga is acurate in scaling when it comes to very important story characters.

I don't mind using the manga for relative scaling between characters. Although I think the anime didn't include any confirmation from Beerus because they wanted to leave things open for the future. Otherwise they would have made it clear. I think it was a choice on purpose. That's all.

Why would the very promos for said episodes confirm MUI and Jiren are above Beerus then? I think based on explicit official statements and the statements from Whis it's clear that they surpassed Beerus. Unless there's a retcon or some "Beerus was hiding his true power" crap in the future.

LordWhis said:
@Ovrhide:

Didn't Beerus show that he could oneshot 5 hakaishins in the manga ?
Not only beerus, but every time a hakaishin showed its power, they were immensly affective against each other. In pokemon terms, its like dragon type pokemon using dragon type moves against each other

Back