• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode Discussion Thread 64: I broke Red's Streak (huehue) and it's time for the bittersweet ending of Super.

Having actually watched the episode now: I really liked it.

Yes, it didn't live up to the theories, wishes and speculations of the fans, but quite frankly nothing could at this point. It delivered a satisfying ending and that is good enough for now.

There's still story to be told, and I have no doubt that after the new movie, we will eventually get a new show.

Speaking of theories, I love how the "Grand Priest is evil" theory was still being discussed before this episode aired. Episode 131 basically shattered that.

"Goku may have surpassed the Gods and gotten Ultra Instinct but Superman rises above it because he's Superman and he's as strong as he needs to be."

Seriously, Goku toke and delivered universal punches in ssjgod form against Beerus. Now upgraded to Blue, kaioken times 20, UI and MUI, and people still think Supes solo's him (not talking about Robot Supes)

Ryukama said:
Steven Universe's fanbase is obviously the best. You know the fanbase that literally pushed a young artist to attempted suicide cause they didn't like her fan art. Causing the show's creators to have to step in and condemn the harassment.
What?

A Steven Universe fan on Tumblr drew Rose Quartz as skinny in a fanart. There was a massive outcry of SJW assholes accusing her of "Bodyshaming" and "Fatphobia" and started bombard her with harrassment, which actually pushed her into suicide since she already had depression.

A lot of people in the fandom to this day occasionally draw thin Rose Quartz in honor of her.

Edit: She didn't commit suicide outright, but she attempted it and had to be taken to a hospital to receive treatment. She's well now.

Ryukama said:
You know the fanbase that literally pushed a young artist to attempted suicide cause they didn't like her fan art.
Well than now I will know who to blame when a fictional character comes to life and decides to destroy the Multiverse for revenge.

I remember the time I saw a rant about RWBY that somehow managed to work in the guy, with no evidence whatsoever, accusing the creator's wife of murdering him and using the money from his funeral for selfish reasons.

In a rant video literally just called "RWBY is bad", he worked that in.

The DB Community is definitely top 5 if not top 3 in terms of how terrible it is. Seriously I still remember that time when I said Jiren doesn't transcend time because Hit's time skip can still affect him and then a bunch of people started telling me to kys for downplaying Dragon Ball.

The Everlasting said:
I remember the time I saw a rant about RWBY that somehow managed to work in the guy, with no evidence whatsoever, accusing the creator's wife of murdering him and using the money from his funeral for selfish reasons.

In a rant video literally just called "RWBY is bad", he worked that in.
Fatmanfalling?

@Garg

EZ PZ.

You can tell how well liked he is when all the positive comments are sarcastic assholes calling all the reasonable, negative comments "fanboys".

Because the thought of one's favorite character not only being seen as objectively inferior to another, but also potentially dying a horrible death doesn't appeal to a lot of people. Not that Death Battle's notoriously gory death help this in any way.

I remember when a guy was sent to jail for a bit for threatening to harm his friend on Facebook over spoilers for The Last Jedi.

These are examples of people taking fictional verses toooooooooooooo seriously. We think we get heated sometimes over here, but what happens here is nothing compared to the other shit on the internet.

Back